Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others (3447 Views)

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey / Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Fraudulent Activity By Dealdey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 7:48am On Dec 03, 2014
With the frenzy that the Black Friday sales as advertised by all the online retailers brought, one would tink we have been able to add a new dimension to our online purchasing culture.

However, as the writer in this article observed, it was all a big scam and i doubt if most of the products offered were ever available.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/12/the-three-blunders-of-jumias-blank-black-friday/?utm_source=Monday+1st+December+2014&utm_campaign=PR%2C+Africa+Business%2C+Africa+Economy%2C+Africa+Entrepreneur%2C+Ventures+Africa&utm_medium=email

for Jumia and Konga, i would even overlook since you do not have to pay till you get your product.

With dealdey however, lies the biggest scam.

I had personally planned to buy the PS4 and IPhone 6 and had called to knw how the sales would run and if i can be guaranteed of buying it before i credited my online dealdey wallet. I was assured twice.

Then i kept refreshing till I saw the product as "sold out". that was annoying. then i called and was told it was a fastest finger model.

I did a mail asking that my account be refunded with the 75,000 i transfered but was told it would take 7 working days.

Then I wondered....why will I have to wait 7 working days to get my money back? wat will the money be doing for 7 days? despite several mails to them threatening legal action, they have refused to refund.

Then it occured to me that collecting differing sums from millions of people will mean getting a pool of funds that will inevitably run to billions of Naira.

Imagine having that for a week.

The question then is...who gets the interest accumulated by this large pool of funds that dealdey has held on to? will the monies be refunded with interests?

Therein lies the scam.

I transfered to dealdey on friday...as I write this on wednesday, my money is still with Dealdey..

I just wonder why these online retailers and their fraudulent practices are not investigated.

Shouldnt we all institute a class action?

Mods...front page pls.

4 Likes

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sibepoc(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2014
Eyaah sorrry
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by Super1759: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2014
the online stores may not be sincere on the black Friday but other malls like spar did it. they wrote 50%off but when I bought it. the cashier did 30% discount instead. I have no problem with that though
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
Super1759:
the online stores may not be sincere on the black Friday but other malls like spar did it. they wrote 50%off but when I bought it. the cashier did 30% discount instead. I have no problem with that though

@ least u. Got wat u wanted. Imagine me not getting wat I wanted on dealdey and as we speak. My money is still with dealdey
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
sucess001:
With the frenzy that the Black Friday sales as advertised by all the online retailers brought, one would tink we have been able to add a new dimension to our online purchasing culture.

However, as the writer in this article observed, it was all a big scam and i doubt if most of the products offered were ever available.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/12/the-three-blunders-of-jumias-blank-black-friday/?utm_source=Monday+1st+December+2014&utm_campaign=PR%2C+Africa+Business%2C+Africa+Economy%2C+Africa+Entrepreneur%2C+Ventures+Africa&utm_medium=email

for Jumia and Konga, i would even overlook since you do not have to pay till you get your product.

I had personally planned to buy the PS4 and IPhone 6 and had called to knw how the sales would run and if i can be guaranteed of buying it before i credited my online dealdey wallet. I was assured twice.

Then i kept refreshing till I saw the product as "sold out". that was annoying. then i called and was told it was a fastest finger model.

I did a mail asking that my account be refunded with the 75,000 i transfered but was told it would take 7 working days.

Then I wondered....why will I have to wait 7 working days to get my money back? wat will the money be doing for 7 days? despite several mails to them threatening legal action, they have refused to refund.

Then it occured to me that collecting differing sums from millions of people will mean getting a pool of funds that will inevitably run to billions of Naira.

The question then is...who gets the interest accumulated by this large pool of funds that dealdey has held on to? will the monies be refunded with interests?

Therein lies the scam.

I transfered to dealdey on friday...as I write this on wednesday, my money is still with Dealdey..

I just wonder why these online retailers and their fraudulent practices are not investigated.

Mods...front page pls.
All over the world, the so-black Friday excites self gratification, which when unfulfilled, lead to blues, , online shops, do in no way enter into any bindings agreement, or probate in any form, of selling any of their products or reserve same for you.
So called black Friday's begin by 12.00 by 1seconds between Thursday midnight and a second after that.
Importantly create an account with any or all the online shops, make your purchase and put to your cart, by a second after Thursday midnight log into your account, check if any price discount, on your already cart items, if not and you wish to proceed to checkout.
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by Daresh(f): 12:01am On Dec 04, 2014
sucess001:

Therein lies the scam.

Mods...front page pls.

Dear success01, I bought the iPhone 6, Htc One M8, Playstation 4, 3.5hp generator, Blackberry playbook, JVC Smart tv and HP Slate from Dealdey during Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. It was fastest finger and fastest internet. Sharp up next time and don't spoil someones hardwork.

I bought toys, clothes, make up, perfumes and household items from Konga. It was a wonderful experience for me and I completed my Christmas shopping. 100ml designer perfume for 1,500? No be God?

1 Like

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 5:32am On Dec 04, 2014
Daresh:

Dear success01, I bought the iPhone 6, Htc One M8, Playstation 4, 3.5hp generator, Blackberry playbook, JVC Smart tv and HP Slate from Dealdey during Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. It was fastest finger and fastest internet. Sharp up next time and don't spoil someones hardwork.

I bought toys, clothes, make up, perfumes and household items from Konga. It was a wonderful experience for me and I completed my Christmas shopping. 100ml designer perfume for 1,500? No be God?

Let's c d pics of wat u bought na.

Dealdey pr manager.

And why not address d refusal to refund my money too?

Since na my money dem dey use do 'handwrk'

1 Like

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by blank(f): 8:32am On Dec 04, 2014
Daresh:

Daresh, tell me it's not so. I refreshed my browser so much waiting for the deals but immediately i see them they were already sold out. I so wanted the playstation and generator. How were you able to get all the good deals?
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by Daresh(f): 9:53am On Dec 04, 2014
sucess001:

Let's c d pics of wat u bought na.

Dealdey pr manager.

And why not address d refusal to refund my money too?

Since na my money dem dey use do 'handwrk'

If you believe or not its not my cup of tea.

I still have money in my wallet and they told me 7 working days, you dont see me bitching about it because I already cleaned out mehn. cheesy
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by Daresh(f): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2014
blank:

Daresh, tell me it's not so. I refreshed my browser so much waiting for the deals but immediately i see them they were already sold out. I so wanted the playstation and generator. How were you able to get all the good deals?

My sister it was crazy. I no comot for house Thursday, Friday and Monday. I was stuck to the front of my system. I wasnt refreshing the whole page and scrolling down that takes too long. And I use ultra fast internet and system.

I bought all the items no be joke.
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
Daresh:

If you believe or not its not my cup of tea.

I still have money in my wallet and they told me 7 working days, you dont see me bitching about it because I already cleaned out mehn. cheesy

so u cant prove u rily bought it and u re here spewing saliva....guess u r part of d fraud.

even dealdey has mailed me apologising for the delay...u re here delivering belated pr stunt and forming don dorrobucci.

mu.mu

2 Likes

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by blank(f): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Daresh:

My sister it was crazy. I no comot for house Thursday, Friday and Monday. I was stuck to the front of my system. I wasnt refreshing the whole page and scrolling down that takes too long. And I use ultra fast internet and system.

I bought all the items no be joke.

Mehn. That's great o. I searched for play station and kept refreshing the search. By the time the play station came up it was showing as sold. I was so frustrated. Actually thought they uploaded it as sold. However, i saw the playbook when it was up for sale so i kinda believe them sha just that i already have a playbook which i bought for way more than that amount.

Do you want to resell any of the items? At a little profit of course. grin
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 2:40am On Dec 05, 2014
I even bought 3 pressing irons on dt day...@ 700...

So madam daresh...don't be formin na only u fast...

But guess wat, dealdey sent me mails later to say they re having issues with the merchant so they can't honor the purchase and will refund me.

Does it not tell u sometin? Y offfer wat u don't have?

1 Like

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by Daresh(f): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2014
blank:

Mehn. That's great o. I searched for play station and kept refreshing the search. By the time the play station came up it was showing as sold. I was so frustrated. Actually thought they uploaded it as sold. However, i saw the playbook when it was up for sale so i kinda believe them sha just that i already have a playbook which i bought for way more than that amount.

Do you want to resell any of the items? At a little profit of course. grin

I already sold the iphone and the generator. The playbook and Hp slate haven't arrived. I'm using the HTC one M8 and sold off my Nexus 5. The JVC is waiting to be hung up in my sitting room, I need a bigger wall hanger. I bought the Play Station for my cousin, not really a fan grin

@sucess001, my cousin bought the iron too and he was refunded too.The dealdey does business through suppliers. Right now I'm still waiting for an order I placed early November and the supplier is dulling them thats the way business is. Sometimes your supplier disappoints you.

I'm just saying, dealdey is still a young business, they can't get everything right but it is not fair to call them scam. It worked for some, it didn't work for others no need to spoil somebody else's business.
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2014
Daresh:

I already sold the iphone and the generator. The playbook and Hp slate haven't arrived. I'm using the HTC one M8 and sold off my Nexus 5. The JVC is waiting to be hung up in my sitting room, I need a bigger wall hanger. I bought the Play Station for my cousin, not really a fan grin

@sucess001, my cousin bought the iron too and he was refunded too.The dealdey does business through suppliers. Right now I'm still waiting for an order I placed early November and the supplier is dulling them thats the way business is. Sometimes your supplier disappoints you.

I'm just saying, dealdey is still a young business, they can't get everything right but it is not fair to call them scam. It worked for some, it didn't work for others no need to spoil somebody else's business.

i agree bunesses hae challenges.

but in my case..i had called to ask if i wud get the product. twice i was assured. if i waseven told dt twas a fast finger tin...i wouldnt go raising all the cash i ve and keepin wit dealdey. imagine my cash bein stuck somewia for 8days for a product i never got.....its a scam. simple. its just like a ministry nopayin salaries on time by delaying payment becos of the interest dt acrues.

and if u cant get a product,y must dey hold on to ur moni?
Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by salvo583: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Daresh:

nawa oo. who is asking for all ds epistles? snap am mk i see abi u deh work with dealdey ni?

1 Like

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by blank(f): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
salvo583:

nawa oo. who is asking for all ds epistles? snap am mk i see abi u deh work with dealdey ni?

I asked her for the epistle.

1 Like

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
salvo583:

My broda help me ask her ooo

1 Like

Re: The Big Black Friday Scam By Dealdey, Jumia & others by sucess001(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Daresh:

Its rily wierd how oour country pple talk...so cos u claim to have bought some imaginable tins...it becomes right for a company who claimed d product will be available to not just fail to sell same but also withold pple's moni for 2 weeks plus?

I am a banker and knw wat the time value of moni is...u tink holding on to d moni isn't intentional?

Dey are defrauding pple! Simple!

They ve sent me 2 different mails apologising for delays in crediting me back yet they aint paying!

Just in case daresh wrks with dem...tell dem no business survives on fraud.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Paper Recycling Business / 1 Million Naira Financial Opportunity / Soap Molds And Freezer Papee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.