Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan (31833 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / Presidency Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Received Money From Dasuki / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Femi2Ranking(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
;DGovernor Amaechi, who is
the ‘national champion of impunity and official
recklessness’.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:

In terms of being liberal can you compare GEJ to Obasanjo? Obasanjo did not tolerate dissent while he was president. He impeached people with impunity and chose which court judgments to obey and which to discard. The fact is that as bad as you think GEJ is, he is still the most liberal president we have had since 1999. Everyone is allowed to criticize and oppose him. Obasanjo used EFCC at any slight provocation as an attack dog. If you are really disputing it, tell us any other president whom you think was more liberal than GEJ.
You don't know what you're saying. So GEJ. do not select court judgements to obey? What about that of Ayo Salami? Abi you were in France then? At least OBJ did witch-hunt his corrupt-political-enemies with Anti-graft agencies, GEJ would rather pardon them and give them national honors. Where were you when every comedian was making jokes of OBJ looking like an ape? You think GEJ can take that? Think again.
I think Yar Adua is the only Liberal President we've had since 1999. GEJ is the most intolerant and weak. The opposition have exposed him.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by HardTeacher: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
[b][size=8pt]LET US ALL RISE AGAINST BOKO HARAM AND THE PARTY BACKING THEM.
DONT CALL JONATHAN NAMES BECAUSE HE GAVE PEOPLE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
THE QUESTION IS WHY IS BOKO HARAM FIGHTING.
THEY ARE FIGHTING BECAUSE THEY WANT THE PRESIDENCY TO RETURN TO MUSLIM NORTH EAST.
IS THAT A GOOD REASON TO BE KILLING PEOPLE. WHY ARE WE FIGHTING JONATHAN ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS WHO WILL BE DRAGGED TO OIC IF BOKO HARAM WINS THIS WAR.

THE AFRICAN MAN IS AN slowpoke. I PITY ALL OF YOU. WAIT AND SEE.
[/size][/b]
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by HardTeacher: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
[b][size=8pt]LET US ALL RISE AGAINST BOKO HARAM AND THE PARTY BACKING THEM.
DONT CALL JONATHAN NAMES BECAUSE HE GAVE PEOPLE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
THE QUESTION IS WHY IS BOKO HARAM FIGHTING.
THEY ARE FIGHTING BECAUSE THEY WANT THE PRESIDENCY TO RETURN TO MUSLIM NORTH EAST.
IS THAT A GOOD REASON TO BE KILLING PEOPLE. WHY ARE WE FIGHTING JONATHAN ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS WHO WILL BE DRAGGED TO OIC IF BOKO HARAM WINS THIS WAR.

THE AFRICAN MAN IS AN slowpoke. I PITY ALL OF YOU. WAIT AND SEE.
[/size][/b]
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by personal59: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:
why is it that the almighty office of mr President have been reduced to mere play ground by toutish politicians and even by a plenty award winning professor soyinka.

Soyinka suppose to be a core supporter of GEJ's rational and liberal behaviorism as an academician.

he should respect the respect bestowed on him nationally and internationally by abstaining from politics or by offering solutions to certain upheavals in the country.

is unbecoming of him making public statement instead as a stateman but as tout (barrow pusher or low grade layman)
U go think this one na sensible comment for your mind o
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by HYBREED(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:
why is it that the almighty office of mr President have been reduced to mere play ground by toutish politicians and even by a plenty award winning professor soyinka.

Soyinka suppose to be a core supporter of GEJ's rational and liberal behaviorism as an academician.

he should respect the respect bestowed on him nationally and internationally by abstaining from politics or by offering solutions to certain upheavals in the country.

is unbecoming of him making public statement instead as a stateman but as tout (barrow pusher or low grade layman)
bros who knows you? He is a well known man and an internationally acclaimed literarian. He is even more popular than any president we have ever had. So he has a civic and nationalistic right to make comments regarding the state of the nation. It is you who has issues.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by personal59: 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
Prof is now in cahoots with APC and its a shame. Now he keeps
on blowing grammar about the problems of this country without
in the same vein proferring possible solutions. It is easy to
castigate the president but to make meaningful suggestions is
another thing entirely. Prof needs to chill. Grammar isn't what
will help us confront the myriad issues we are facing right now.
There are many APC governors who can also be referred to as Nebuchadnezzar, e.g Amosun of Ogun state but prof won't see that one.
At this stage, Prof should be giving unbiased constructive criticism but you never see him critcize APC. I just hope he is being paid well by APC.
Hmmm abeg wetin Amosun do o cos I live and school in Ogun state and more about Ogun state o so can u pls tell dis group wetin Amosun do o

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by rhymesteey(f): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
Leaders dont react they simply respond SMH........ Nija sha.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by personal59: 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
There are many APC governors who can also be referred to as Nebuchadnezzar, e.g Amosun of Ogun state but prof won't see that one.
At this stage, Prof should be giving unbiased constructive criticism but you never see him critcize APC. I just hope he is being paid well by APC.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by fowowe411: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
It is funny that Prof. Wole has now joined the opposition party as accused by the Presidency but remember that this same man was in front of critics against OBJ

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by tecmon: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
at least Doyin Okupe should be commended for the restraint he demonstrated in his response to the Prof. I remember the last time prof went up against Madam Patience, the rejoinder he was given by the spokesperson was brutal. Soyinka was absolutely taken to the cleaners. In other times, Okupe would have replied with a statement detailing Soyinka's life history.
When replying people like this, it is better to keep it as short, precise and impersonal as possible.

soon soyinka will no longer merit any reply no matter what he says, old fa99ot
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Lex1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://ynaija.com/presidency-fires-back-at-soyinka-over-epic-biblical-illustration/

Why is it that any one who comes to speak his mind perhaps not in favour of the president is in the opposition. Mr Doyin Okupe should understand that criticism is an idea of checkmating ourselves.

But Pa Prof. Wole Soyinka no try O... Nebuchadnezzar loun loun. grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by tonychristopher: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
lalalalalallalalalalalallalalallaallalalallallllalal

i have spoken

texazzpete:

Nebuchadnezzar WAS a historical figure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebuchadnezzar_II

Wait, you actually think it's only in the Old Testament (jewish histories) that there is information about the Babylonian and Persian empires of old?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!

And you DARE call someone 'ignorant' when you yourself have proven yourself to be a d'unce? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Damn, can't believe you are that silly. And to think you are probably going around, calling yourself and 'educated person'.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by ziccoit: 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:

This is the major problem of Nigerians. We don't complain about GOVERNANCE but POLITICS. Prof has only been commenting on bad governance which happened to have become order of the day under GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by akinsadeez(m): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
aimuan:
why do you hate someone that speaks the truth?waiting for the answer pls.

Please read my comment again cos its quite obvious you didn't understand it.
Now, Soyinka at his age and status is fit to be an elder statesman. This means he is supposed to adopt an unbiased stance. Soyinka has been in an unhealthy romance with APC for quite a while now. This means that he criticises PDP quickly and always, while you will never hear him say anything about APC governors. are you saying all APC govs are saints If you can point out one recent example where he criticized an APC govt at any level, I will really appreciate it.
Also I said Prof should profer solutions and not just criticize. Soyinka is an intellectual, so he should be able to distinguish himself from the band wagon of people criticizing GEJ everyday by thinking out of the box and suggesting alternatives. Whats wrong with Soyinka telling us ways by which we can confront and defeat boko haram instead of just criticizing.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

I don't know him cos I schooled in France.
u must be an allien....coz doze dt schooled in d remotest part of France knew prof...mtchew mr. Allien
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Zeusd3(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
now.... soyinka is a political tool... but he and achiebe (my God rest his soul) had alway spoke and criticize the government refusing server awards... so Nigerians jst tink n dnt let those politicians tink 4 u
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by cosajadi: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

You schooled in France or Sambisa Forest. If you schooled in France you should be able to know prof. Wole Shoyinka.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by karkel(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
teemanbastos:
[size=32pt]I DNT LISTEN TO WHAT A NOISEMAKER SAYS... Okupe Na 1stCLASS NOISEMAKER[/size] :-/
is he a Nigerian?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Zikdik(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:

Not tout..lout.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Valor360: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

you mean you dont know Wole Soyinka because you schooled in France?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by menesheh(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
Zikdik:

Not tout..lout.

thanks
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by philips70(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
yorke1:
Wale Soyinka is always bias. I don't take him serious these days and i know majority of the people share my opinion as well.

Like he was biased on this one shey?........

The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the- scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order Buhari? Need one remind anyone – was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry. Prominent against these charges was an act that amounted to nothing less than judicial murder, the execution of a citizen under a retroactive decree. Does Decree 20 ring a bell? If not, then, perhaps the names of three youths – Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) do. To put it quite plainly, one of those three Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. This was an unconscionable crime, carried out in defiance of the pleas and protests of nearly every sector of the Nigerian and international community religious, civil rights, political, trade unions etc.......

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=107456

I bet most of you slept in beer parlors the day wole wrote this piece against buhari including this same okupe and even GEJ. But today he is a friend of the APC because he spoke the whole truth to power. You guys are just pathetic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by chucky234(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
Billyonaire:
This Jonathan really suffer oh.
That is what you get for being a SLOWPOKE.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
eleko1:
Sori.Dem neva born u during NAdeco time?Moja mosa L'amu Akinkanju,Akinkanju to moja ti o mosa,yio b'ogun lo.Google nah ya friend.Find out more
speak English let me understand you not this Arabic
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
what has APC done to be criticized? Rather than all these fake stories fabricated by PDP to make them look bad. So no one can criticize the Government again for misbehaving? Is he/she does they are now members of the opposition party? Nigerians sef mtcheeew
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by eleko1: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
How do u knw it is ARABIC?IT is not but Taiwan
Daguccizgreat:
speak English let me understand you not this Arabic
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by eleko1: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Find somebody to translate the Arabic to u beta quote author=Daguccizgreat post=28563132]speak English let me understand you not this Arabic [/quote]
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
Just as PDP paid you to castigate the true saying of a prof, not one animal phd holder from the ogogoro region of Nigeria.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by ogtavia(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Why can't d presidency and its spokesperson or is it PR now just STFU for once and face d serious business of running a country...doesn't this man know silence is golden...whether his Oga his Nebuchadnezzar or Ahab or King Saul,doesn't matter here,the economy needs serious attention rather than betraying his grey hairs and going after everyone who expresses his mind about d government @ hand....this is annoyingly disgusting..
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by ypzilanti: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
Am vexing. Some idiot just posted that GEJ gave nigerians freedom of speech. This our poor education system has ruined our youth. Who is going to explain these things about democracy to these kids?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by ypzilanti: 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
ypzilanti:
Am vexing. Some idiot just posted that GEJ gave nigerians freedom of speech. This our poor education system has ruined our youth. Who is going to explain these things about democracy to these kids?

Why should a curse word that aptly described the .....( insert curse word here) that said its GEJ that gave me freedom of speech be edited by nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Daura Planned To Install New NASS Leaders / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode / Osinbajo, Aides Worshiped Online At Aso Villa Chapel On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.