Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,507 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan (31832 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / Presidency Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Received Money From Dasuki / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by papaejima1: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
Under GEJ your criticism will never send you to jail or exile - GEJ

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
papaejima1:
Under GEJ your criticism will never send you to jail or exile - GEJ
This is democracy. Wole Soyinka has been speaking against any government, whether military or civilian, that doesn't respect the rule of law. He spoke against Gowon, Buhari, Babangida, Shonekan, Abacha, Obasanjo, Jonathan, etc. Abacha declared him wanted dead or alive.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by adegbitefunke: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
Honestly speaking GEJ, Okunrin, Wolesoyinka o etc they are all bird of same feather. It is pity that we have leaders that are self centered, they love to give immediate reply to issues or comments about them and when it comes to national issues that demand their urgent response then they are no where they keep mute and remain silent without provide solution.
My candid advice to prof. as a world noble warriever is to remain silent if he has no solution or nobody is ready to take his advice then let remain silent and watch instead of stirring the burning furnace.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
Prof is now in cahoots with APC and its a shame. Now he keeps
on blowing grammar about the problems of this country without
in the same vein proferring possible solutions. It is easy to
castigate the president but to make meaningful suggestions is
another thing entirely. Prof needs to chill. Grammar isn't what
will help us confront the myriad issues we are facing right now.
There are many APC governors who can also be referred to as Nebuchadnezzar, e.g Amosun of Ogun state but prof won't see that one.
At this stage, Prof should be giving unbiased constructive criticism but you never see him critcize APC. I just hope he is being paid well by APC.
not only are you unwell,you need to be ostracized and placed in a lepers colony.ignorant people come unto the internet and spew rubbish.try going through 10% of what soyinka has been through in his life and lets see you remain sane.a man gets jailed for 22months simply because he spoke out against the brutality of the nigerian army in biafra and went to see ojukwu.

he left prison and still didnt go back to retirement,rather he became even more vocal against almost all governments.he was on abacha's death list and had to be smuggled out of nigeria via the seme border before he escaped abroad.despite that,he didnt relent. he didnt even limit his activism to nigeria but then again,you indomie generation children know nothing.

where were you when soyinka took senghor and his negritude movement to he cleaners?or when he gave out his press release again the dictatorship in thailand that was widely spread around the world before he subsequently called for the cancellation of elections in that country in 2007?where were you when he took gordon brown to the cleaners after the xmas day bombing in london?or when abacha charged him with treason in 1997 and tried to have him extradited?where were you when he called his kinsman,obasanjo a hief and incompoetent leader?where were you when he walked side by side with the save nigeria group to demand a doctrine of necessity to make jonathan acting president?some people just hide behind the anonymity of the not so anonymous internet to speak utter gibberish.

you think such people can be bought with money?you really have no idea how sick that sounds.but then again,leprosy of the mouth causes such uncouth,ill-mannered talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:

Please read my comment again cos its quite obvious you didn't understand it.
Now, Soyinka at his age and status is fit to be an elder statesman. This means he is supposed to adopt an unbiased stance. Soyinka has been in an unhealthy romance with APC for quite a while now. This means that he criticises PDP quickly and always, while you will never hear him say anything about APC governors. are you saying all APC govs are saints If you can point out one recent example where he criticized an APC govt at any level, I will really appreciate it.
Also I said Prof should profer solutions and not just criticize. Soyinka is an intellectual, so he should be able to distinguish himself from the band wagon of people criticizing GEJ everyday by thinking out of the box and suggesting alternatives. Whats wrong with Soyinka telling us ways by which we can confront and defeat boko haram instead of just criticizing.
like i said earlier,leprosy is the mouth leads to uncouth,ill-mannered comments but i didnt include senseless.so soyinka is now an army commander to profer ways to combat bokoharam.are you alright at all?where were you when wole soyinka went to akwa-ibom to see the developments before commending the governor?wole soyinka and rotimi amaechi's friendship was already solid while amaechi was in the PDP.am sure you dont know why and i wont bother educating you.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by DonKool1: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
Prof is now in cahoots with APC and its a shame. Now he keeps
on blowing grammar about the problems of this country without
in the same vein proferring possible solutions. It is easy to
castigate the president but to make meaningful suggestions is
another thing entirely. Prof needs to chill. Grammar isn't what
will help us confront the myriad issues we are facing right now.
There are many APC governors who can also be referred to as Nebuchadnezzar, e.g Amosun of Ogun state but prof won't see that one.
At this stage, Prof should be giving unbiased constructive criticism but you never see him critcize APC. I just hope he is being paid well by APC.

I would buy if this if not for all the 'open letters' that have been written to jojo without any result except a response of insults by his dog (doyin) or his monkey (abati).
All the open letters and he didn't learn anything which by your position is because they were from APC peeps or didn't have suggestions on the issues they were raising.

Just out of curiosity, did you even read Soyinka's speech? I doubt it. If you did then too bad.
Since you feel one should not talk when he/she see's something wrong without suggesting a solution, here's a suggestion to go with Soyinka's words;
Since GEJ is an incompetent buffoon who has repeated failed to use the Nations armed forces to defend her citizens (Boko haram will attack again this weekend, we know o! but will do nothing and wait to condemn on Monday) severally choosing instead to be a condemner-in-chief but always eager to use the same national resources to illegally antagonize perceived opponents to his tenure/ambitions.
I suggest that he should be impeached, arrested and put on trial for aiding the murder and abduction of several thousands of innocent Nigerians by his failure/refusal to do his job.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
tonychristopher:
SOYINKA IS A CONFUSED MAN AND HE IS FIGHTING RELEVANCE, I THOUGHT HE IS AN ATHEIST SO WHY CALLING BIBLICAL FIGURE NEBUCHADNEZZER

YOU CAN SEE THAT HE IS CONFUSED, HOW DID HE EVEN GET THAT NOBEL PRIZE?

IS IT BY WRITING THOSE PRIMARY SCHOOL PLAYS

WELL MY RESPECT FOR HIM IS NOW -45%
you could simply have admitted your low intellectual capacity and sought help from ever willing nairalanders.but for any human to characterise literary works like king baabu,lion and the jewel,the man died,the king's horseman,trials of brother jero,kongi's harvest and one of my personal favourite, a dance of the forest which was the official play of the indeoendence day celebration.perhaps ignoramuses like you dont know wole soyinka wrote the very first play ever televised on television nationally in nigeria. some people are just dumb and senseless

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by DonKool1: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
tonychristopher:
SOYINKA IS A CONFUSED MAN AND HE IS FIGHTING RELEVANCE, I THOUGHT HE IS AN ATHEIST SO WHY CALLING BIBLICAL FIGURE NEBUCHADNEZZER

YOU CAN SEE THAT HE IS CONFUSED, HOW DID HE EVEN GET THAT NOBEL PRIZE?

IS IT BY WRITING THOSE PRIMARY SCHOOL PLAYS

WELL MY RESPECT FOR HIM IS NOW -45%

Your lack of understanding of the message is typical of a Nigerian with a degree but no real measure of knowledge or intelligence.
Consistently opening his/her mouth proudly to proclaim a point but unknown to himself exposing the level of ignorance in which he wallows....
Case in point your Mr GEJ:
1. Stealing in not corruption -
Why it shows how daft the statement is:
When people in entrusted positions collude to steal, divert or misappropriate funds or benefits, it's a form of corruption.
cor·rup·tion
kəˈrəpSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: corruption; plural noun: corruptions

1.dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
"the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"
synonyms: dishonesty, unscrupulousness, double-dealing, fraud, fraudulence, misconduct, crime, criminality, wrongdoing;

Stealing from government is only possible in a corrupt system as it take more than one individual to pull it off and it involves dishonest and fraudulent conduct - e.g Stella Oduah who apparently inflated the cost of purchasing bullet proof cars for herself outside the approved budget of her ministry/parastatal and then proceeded to steal the cars.

2. If even twenty billion dollars misses from the (Nigerian) treasury, America will know!!
See the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Xv9olIjI4.
If you do not see why this statement is wrong then i honestly can't help you.
his arguments:
where will you hide it? err what about the planes flying out the country?

The world is so open: Yet your government paid billions of naira in subsidy payments for petroleum products that were never imported to the country and was unable to prosecute even one of the people you paid who are still very much walking about freely in this country today!
you can't even carry it in cash, it must be through transfers and someone will see: SMH.....

I'm telling you that if anybody steals $20B this country will know. - How? by ignoring the whistle blower? by persecuting the whistle blower? by barring the national assembly from interviewing a government employee as to the state of affairs in her ministry? Or perhaps by launching a never ending forensic audit into a rotten behemoth that has yet to be audited as required by law for over how many years?

Men.. how did it come to this? where are all the intelligent people in this nation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by marvy25(m): 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:
why is it that the almighty office of mr President have been reduced to mere play ground by toutish politicians and even by a plenty award winning professor soyinka.

Soyinka suppose to be a core supporter of GEJ's rational and liberal behaviorism as an academician.

he should respect the respect bestowed on him nationally and internationally by abstaining from politics or by offering solutions to certain upheavals in the country.

is unbecoming of him making public statement instead as a stateman but as tout (barrow pusher or low grade layman)
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by KanwuliaJara: 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nebu gini? cheesy

BHAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Let the games begin!
Enough of this "SPRING TRAINING"! cheesy

Good scriptural analogy from W.S.!!!! grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by teadrake(m): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2014
teemanbastos:
[size=32pt]I DNT LISTEN TO WHAT A NOISEMAKER SAYS... Okupe Na 1stCLASS NOISEMAKER[/size] :-/
He's Simply an attack dog bro,who needs an antirabies vaccine
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by tonychristopher: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2014
Delafruita:

you could simply have admitted your low intellectual capacity and sought help from ever willing nairalanders.but for any human to characterise literary works like king baabu,lion and the jewel,the man died,the king's horseman,trials of brother jero,kongi's harvest and one of my personal favourite, a dance of the forest which was the official play of the indeoendence day celebration.perhaps ignoramuses like you dont know wole soyinka wrote the very first play ever televised on television nationally in nigeria. some people are just dumb and senseless

are you done ?

I have said what i have said and I have written what i have in mind

No apologies
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by zsch: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
So if I criticise the government, I become "close to the opposition"? Give me a break mehn
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by DobleO7: 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
The problem with this president is that he's too damn childish, petty and impulsive. He sees anyone who gives him a blunt advice as an adversary. He prefers to dwell in company of those who lead him by the nose to his destruction cheering him on like some valiant warrior. He finds truth rather repulsive and lies edifying.

His worst enemies are those closest to him; the Abatis, Okupes, Clerks, and the Dokubos of this Nation.

There is a difference between Presidency and President

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dasuki, 4 Others Granted Bail / Buhari And Olu Jacobs: Same Dementia, Different Narratives - Farooq Kperogi / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.