Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

The exercise that predicts your DEATH: see Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The exercise that predicts your DEATH: see Video (704 Views)

Your Urine Colour Predicts Your State Of Health / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Watch That Shows Your Death Date Invented [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The exercise that predicts your DEATH: see Video by Vivalavida99(f): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
The simple exercise of sitting down and standing up again without holding onto anything, could suggest how long you have to live.
This is the belief of a group of physicians, who came up with the ‘sitting-rising test’ to measure their patients’ flexibility and strength.
They developed a scoring system for the test and found that people who scored three points or less out of 10, were more than five times as likely to die within six years, as those who scored more than eight points.
Scroll down for video

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2858804/Can-exercise-test-predict-DEATH-People-struggle-sitting-rising-test-five-times-likely-die.html#v-3921062084001

As we age, our muscles tend to become weaker and a loss of balance means we are increasingly likely to fall.
Current ways to test frailty can be time-consuming, impractical and inaccurate for small doctors’ surgeries, but experts are keen to keep older people moving.
Dr Araujo says that anyone can take the SRT because no equipment is needed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2858804/Can-exercise-test-predict-DEATH-People-struggle-sitting-rising-test-five-times-likely-die.html

Re: The exercise that predicts your DEATH: see Video by Vivalavida99(f): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
I couldn't do this when I was young, never mind now that I am old! What a load of rubbish!
Re: The exercise that predicts your DEATH: see Video by david22uu(m): 6:55am On Jun 05, 2015
Lol.. ijust tried it now and I think I'm gonna live 100yrs more

(1) (Reply)

APC Gov Primaries: Tinubu Begs Lagos Aspirants / Why I Withdrew From Senatorial Race – Uduaghan / Updated: IMO 2015: Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha Emerges PDP Flag Bearer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.