Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. (4921 Views)

Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Joavid:

Thanks

We need a new word to replace "submissive".
That word is giving people high BP sad sad

The people who expect, should first define it.
Nobody knows what it really means.
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by bukatyne(f): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Joavid:

Thanks

We need a new word to replace "submissive".
That word is giving people high BP sad sad

Nigerian men interpretation gives me high BP too.

To most of time, after marriage a woman loses her senses and reverts to a brainless person. Trust me, some secondary school students have more freedom (with the camplike life) than some wives. A family friend was telling me that she wants to establish herself before getting married (so that a man doesn't kill her dreams sad angry). I was trying to encourage her that it is not so however that is almost the norm on the average.

Submission can be likened to our relationship with God as Christians. I wonder how many Christians are told what to do like zombies.

I agree ladies should be like the above post,however I hold men to same standards cheesy

Open a thread on how men should love and these posters will be silent or contending with your posts.

See a guy who opened a thread on how he wanted his marriage to be and a lot of guys dissed him undecided
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by bukatyne(f): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The people who expect, should first define it.
Nobody knows what it really means.

It depends on your hubby and really it is present in every relationship between mates or colleagues
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
bukatyne:

It depends on your hubby and really it is present in every relationship between mates or colleagues

I was just trying to remember when we ever had a discussion on being submissive and the answer is never.
We get on perfectly well without having such issues.

I just want to know what people mean when they say a woman has to be submissive. It seems that people are discussing a word they cannot even explain.

Maybe you can explain what it means to you or what you mean by saying that it is party of EVERY relationship.
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by bukatyne(f): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I was just trying to remember when we ever had a discussion on being submissive and the answer is never.
We get on perfectly well without having such issues.

I just want to know what people mean when they say a woman has to be submissive. It seems that people are discussing a word they cannot even explain.

Maybe you can explain what it means to you or what you mean by saying that it is party of EVERY relationship.

In an ideal relationship, you don't seat down to discuss submission grin

In simple terms, it is putting your hubby 's needs before yours and he is doing the same by loving you.

This is our definition and what we practice based on what we read in the Bible.I do not know the definition of others.
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
Una no dey tire for these qualities.
Kai.

Only one person.
Make una dey jot down qualities while your mates are busy acquiring property.

1 Like

Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by coogar: 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
crackhaus:

The word will always be submissive.

Call it a partnership contract or one with two heads, at the end of the day, one partner will still defer to the authority of the other...and guess what, it's usually the woman doing that in a healthy relationship.

women aren't even allowed to speak or exert any authority over a man. none of the holy books(bible or quaran) instructed women to speak where there are men present. the holy book(1 timothy 2:12) says a woman should keep mum at all times.
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by AfricanApple(f): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
crackhaus:

Look past the dictionary meaning, what it really entails will come to you momentarily wink

Okay.

Maybe I don't have any other tangible reasons, maybe I do but would rather not try to convince you of something your mind is already otherwise made up on.

Yes not all women desire to be led, but since I'm having this conversation with you - do you desire/would you rather have your man lead you or not?

Lol...if you keep saying I broke your heart, you're going to start believing it pretty soon gringrin

You know what I meant by a woman having the desire to be protected by her man.

Look past the dictionary meaning of submission/submissiveness, it doesn't necessarily mean a i]master-slave relationship in a healthy marriage setting.

I don't sniff poosies up and down, neither do I personally know any man who does cheesy

Amadioha knows it's a man's world, so does sango and Buddha grin

True, you are to figure out how to manipulate your world in your favour.

In other words, fight/disregard him?
He is not your creator, but your husband.

Well I don't support those kind of restrictions if there are no good reasons for them.
to your first question, i don't desire to be led by my man, our positions are equal even though we don't do things equally, we are meant to lead each other...

... to the lord's kingdom grin

@2nd question, yes I would disregard him. if u fail to respect me u definitely gonna loose mine
listen i'm not saying I will be fighting my man over minor issues just because I feel he is not my superior, but when I know I'm right in a particular argument and he doesn't want to hear me out or feels his words his final (especially for selfish reasons) then disregard must come in

@bolded, u are not being truthful here, we all know that most men can't use their eyes to see any human with two oranges and a hole undecided

@italic I already believe it sad
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by AfricanApple(f): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol! @ men have dog brains

In essence, women are fishes and men are dogs

No wonder they seem not to meet anywhere
but there is is one thing and one place they don't ever disagree, on a bed in a bedroom grin
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by bukatyne(f): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
but there is is one thing and one place they don't ever disagree, on a bed in a bedroom grin

All hope is not lost then cheesy
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by AfricanApple(f): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
bukatyne:

All hope is not lost then cheesy
I tell u grin
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by bukatyne(f): 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
cheesy

AfricanApple:
I tell u grin
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by crackhaus: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
coogar:

women aren't even allowed to speak or exert any authority over a man. none of the holy books(bible or quaran) instructed women to speak where there are men present. the holy book(1 timothy 2:12) says a woman should keep mum at all times.
Lmao..

You give no quarters my man grin
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by crackhaus: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
to your first question, i don't desire to be led by my man, our positions are equal even though we don't do things equally, we are meant to lead each other...

... to the lord's kingdom grin
Okay you both lead each other to the lord's kingdom, but first to earthly eternal ecstasy wink

But I'm pretty sure he'll be doing more of the leading...and protecting.

@2nd question, yes I would disregard him. if u fail to respect me u definitely gonna loose mine
listen i'm not saying I will be fighting my man over minor issues just because I feel he is not my superior, but when I know I'm right in a particular argument and he doesn't want to hear me out or feels his words his final (especially for selfish reasons) then disregard must come in
Would you rather disregard your husband over such trivial things than obeying him that one time, then having a talk afterwards so you can both come to a compromise?

MizMyColi usually says, I quote and concur:
Wisdom is profitable to direct...

@bolded, u are not being truthful here, we all know that most men can't use their eyes to see any human with two oranges and a hole undecided
Well I'm not most men, trust me.

I usually come off as having an intense and serious demeanor around strangers in real life, that's what the ones who ended up acquaintances or friends say about our first encounter subsequently.
For a lady to have that much control over me, she has to be superbly stunning...as in, drop dead gorgeous. But even in such cases, I still manage to keep up my cool predisposition...I may get carried away for a bit, but I still can't be seen slipping or not in control of myself around the most sexy woman.

So yes I was being truthful...I don't go around sniffing poosies, never have and never will - believe that grin

@italic I already believe it sad
Lmao...I'm innocent.

I have never broken any woman's heart, at least from my perspective - I'd like to keep that record clean gringrin

1 Like

Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by coogar: 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
crackhaus:

Lmao..

You give no quarters my man grin

i am a bible-believing individual. grin
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by AfricanApple(f): 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
crackhaus:

Okay you both lead each other to the lord's kingdom, but first to earthly eternal ecstasy wink

But I'm pretty sure he'll be doing more of the leading...and protecting.
it could be the other way round u know, but however it works for a couple is the couple's biz
all I want u to know is dat submitting to one's husband is not a do or die affair.
but it is a no no for me unless say u be undertaker grin

oya make we leave am like that. no need disturbing my brains too much with marriage issues now. better things to do uhn smiley

Would you rather disregard your husband over such trivial things than obeying him that one time, then having a talk afterwards so you can both come to a compromise?
he can not always have his way, dats not possible. one thing is that I will not do to my man what I dont want him to do to me. if I tell him not to do something (especially what i feel is not right) and he doesn't, why won't I listen to him if he does the same but like I said, we can't both always have our ways. hope u understand what I'm trying to say here

MizM yColi usually says, I quote and concur:
Wisdom is profitable to direct...

Well I'm not most men, trust me.

I usually come off as having an intense and serious demeanor around strangers in real life, that's what the ones who ended up acquaintances or friends say about our first encounter subsequently.
For a lady to have that much control over me, she has to be superbly stunning...as in, drop dead gorgeous. But even in such cases, I still manage to keep up my cool predisposition...I may get carried away for a bit, but I still can't be seen slipping or not in control of myself around the most sexy woman.
u are beginning to make me fall harder tongue but like u always say, people say one thing on the internet and do the opposite in reality

So yes I was being truthful...I don't go around sniffing poosies, never have and never will - believe that grin
I didn't mean literally smelling poosies, I mean most men likes sex like its a ticket to heaven, and they can't just keep to one sex partner, they go for it up and down. u see, that makes them 'a dog brain'

Lmao...I'm innocent.

I have never broken any woman's heart, at least from my perspective - I'd like to keep that record clean gringrin
embarassed embarassed

let me also ask u one question why are u so obsessed with this submissiveness of a thing
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by crackhaus: 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
it could be the other way round u know, but however it works for a couple is the couple's biz
all I want u to know is dat submitting to one's husband is not a do or die affair.
but it is a no no for me unless say u be undertaker grin

oya make we leave am like that. no need disturbing my brains too much with marriage issues now. better things to do uhn smiley
Lol...okay then.

he can not always have his way, dats not possible. one thing is that I will not do to my man what I dont want him to do to me. if I tell him not to do something (especially what i feel is not right) and he doesn't, why won't I listen to him if he does the same but like I said, we can't both always have our ways. hope u understand what I'm trying to say here
I understand.

u are beginning to make me fall harder tongue but like u always say, people say one thing on the internet and do the opposite in reality
Very smart of you to be skeptical, no need trying to convince you here on the internet regarding that then grin

I didn't mean literally smelling poosies, I mean most men likes sex like its a ticket to heaven, and they can't just keep to one sex partner, they go for it up and down. u see, that makes them 'a dog brain'
I knew you meant it figuratively, my subsequent explanation also fits.

I don't go sexing women up and down, get it? grin

embarassed embarassed

let me also ask u one question why are u so obsessed with this submissiveness of a thing
To be honest, I've never even used the word during a conversation with a woman outside NL.
I know the word upsets a lot of you females here, so I'm not surprised you think I'm obsessed with it cos I consistently preach it.

A woman still has to be submissive to her husband though. wink
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by AfricanApple(f): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
crackhaus:

Lol...okay then.

I understand.

Very smart of you to be skeptical, no need trying to convince you here on the internet regarding that then grin

I knew you meant it figuratively, my subsequent explanation also fits.

I don't go sexing women up and down, get it? grin

To be honest, I've never even used the word during a conversation with a woman outside NL.
I know the word upsets a lot of you females here, so I'm not surprised you think I'm obsessed with it cos I consistently peach it.

A woman still has to be submissive to her husband though. wink
u no just wan gree sha grin
anyhow na, everybody with hin own.
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by crackhaus: 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
u no just wan gree sha grin
anyhow na, everybody with hin own.
You will be a virtuous and submissive wife, say amen!
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by crackhaus: 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
coogar:

i am a bible-believing individual. grin
gringrin
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by AfricanApple(f): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
crackhaus:

You will be a virtuous and submissive wife, say amen!
amen to the 'former' I reject the later

grin
that's is why u have to know who u are marrying
Re: Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2015
zeb04:
Don't you all get tired of opening all these threads.

These list not changing anyone's opinion about marriage or life so what's the point undecided

Maybe as a signboard for people who meet these standards? I think people (male n female) who think of themselves as superior to majority of the population are always in a continuous search for like minds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Tired Of Been A "Mummy's Girl"!! / Punishment For Stubborn African Kids (pics) / My Neighbours Kids Wear G-stringz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.