Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! (940 Views)

Omolara Amosu Returns Stolen N381m To FG / EFCC Arrests Lara Amosu, Recovers $1m In Soakaway Pit / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by Justbright(m): 1:55am On Dec 04, 2014
In what appears to be almost a recurring decimal in Ogun State, another political appointee of Governor Ibikunle Amosun,   Ms. Olubukunola Onabanjo, has resigned her appointment.

She is the daughter of the late governor of the state, Chief Bisi Onabanjo. Before her resignation, she was the chairman of the Ogun State Teaching Service Commission.

In the letter of resignation dated November 18, and addressed to Amosun, she said the governor had accused her of having a ‘soft spot’ for a former governor of the state, Chief Olusegun Osoba.

The resignation took effect from December 1.

Osoba and Amosun fell out over the internal crisis in the All Progressives Congress, which prompted Osoba and his loyalists to defect to the Social Democratic Party.

Moreover, Osoba and Olubukunola’s father, the late Onabanjo, shared journalistic bond, apart from being family friends.

She said the relationship between the Onabanjos and Osobas dated back to over 40 years.

But she added that despite this relationship, she never undermined the governor’s office or the government of the state.

The letter read in part, “Whilst thanking your excellency for the opportunity given me to serve the good people of Ogun State, I wish to put the following on record for posterity.

“In spite of your excellency’s accusation that I have a ‘soft spot’ for Chief Olusegun Osoba, I wish to state that I have never undermined your office or the government of the state.

“I enjoy a warm, cordial, and healthy relationship (as every member of my family does) with Chief Olusegun Osoba. Your excellency will recall that I explained to you that the relationship between the Onabanjos and Osobas dates back to over 40 years. I make no apology for this relationship.”

She noted that one would gain nothing by sacrificing personal relationship for political gains and consideration.

While she said her team performed well by maintaining a good working relationship with the unions, she added that there was no major crisis during her tenure.

Listing other achievements, she said her team resolved the issue of National Certificate of Education/Bachelor’s degree stagnation which dragged on for years, and ensured a transparent method of appointing principals and vice-principals, without political colouration.

http://www.punchng.com/news/onabanjos-daughter-resigns-from-amosuns-govt/
Re: Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by Justbright(m): 1:59am On Dec 04, 2014
I can smell osoba handi work here.....chei Amos wahala dey ooooo......FTC....front page pls
Re: Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by Greatchance: 4:21am On Dec 04, 2014
'soft spot' !!!!! and some idiots will be blaming Jonathan. Nigeria breeding the likes of Idiamin and Gadafi till date
Re: Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by Firefire(m): 6:13am On Dec 04, 2014
A house divided against itself cannot STAND.
Re: Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by LeStylo: 6:39am On Dec 04, 2014
Quite unfortunate having Osoba create a whirlwind of confusion for Ogun best governor in history. Osoba had his chance, we all saw him bungle it.

Posterity will judge us all!
Re: Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by Justbright(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2014
LeStylo:
Quite unfortunate having Osoba create a whirlwind of confusion for Ogun best governor in history. Osoba had his chance, we all saw him bungle it.

I think d issue between them both is d fact DAT osoaba is claiming amosu sidelined him in the event of things while Amosun is claiming he doesn't need osoba to paddle d Ogun state canoe to d river bank.....BT while ever way I think Amosu should av guided against letting osoba leave cos weda we like it or not DAT man command his own followership at d grassroot....Amos should av at least wait till he grab d second term ticket before showing his true colour......now sdp mite just be a spoiler DAT mite return PDP to power in ogun just like ppn in 2011
Re: Another Gov Amosu Cabinent Member Resigned!!!!! by morefire: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
LeStylo:

huh...

best what....

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Think Igbos Won Nearly Majority Of PDP\AGPA Seat In Lagos, north APC / Two Germans Killed In Nigeria / Allah Akbar: Suicude Bombings Surged By 94% In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.