Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos (598 Views)

Checkout This Hilarious Caption That Accompanies This Photo Of Buhari & Atiku / Breaking News: Adamawa: PDP Appeal Committee Clears Fintiri / Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos by kaywizee(m): 3:41am On Dec 04, 2014
CHAIRMAN of All Progressives Congress (APC) national convention committee, Dr Kayode Fayemi, on Wednesday, said the party has moved its national convention, earlier scheduled to hold in Abuja, to Lagos.

Fayemi, the immediate past  governor of Ekiti State, also disclosed that the 2014 national convention, which will hold on December 10 and 11, would have in attendance about 8,000 statutory and elected delegates.

This came as the screening committee of the party, led by Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, cleared the five presidential aspirants on the platform of the party for the convention.

Those cleared were former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari; former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Kano State governor, Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.

Others were the Imo State governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha and the publisher of Leadership Newspaper, Mr Sam Nda-Isaiah.

The aspirants were also made to sign undertaking that they would not dump the party if they lost out in the primaries on December 10.

The undertaking reportedly signed by the five aspirants read in part: “I on behalf of myself and my campaign organisation undertake to accept the outcome of the primaries and actively support whoever emerges as the winner and shall not decamp to any other political party or in anyway obstruct the smooth prosecution of the presidential campaigns.

“I further affirm that during the campaign and later in government, I shall be guided strictly by the party manifesto.

“In the event of my nomination, my campaign team will immediately be collapsed into the party’s campaign structure for a properly united and focused presidential campaign.”

The national convention, Dr Fayemi said, would be held at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos and would be aired live by major television and radio stations in the country.

http://oyiidoma..com/2014/12/apc-screening-committee-clears-buhari.html

1 Like

Re: APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos by Kutunban: 4:02am On Dec 04, 2014
Sharp sharp APC make them sign undertaking. No room for decamping grin grin grin why do you think am laughing in Swahili? because some people will breach the undertaking, especially the born to rule guys. Well its a good development for them because every move they make its a checkmate.

Aso rock will only be vacant 2019
Allah ka ba ma GEJ nasara
Ya Allah ka ba kasar mu lafiya
Ya Allah ka raba mu da sharin shedan
Ya Allah ka ba ma yan adawan GEJ kunya
Ameen

2 Likes

Re: APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos by Kutunban: 4:12am On Dec 04, 2014
I think Buhari is suffering from High Blood pressure because that his smile is not from the heart and he looks sick. I wish him quick recovery, because how is he going to pay back the so called "loan" he claimed he collected if he lose the primary?
Re: APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos by RoyalRoy(m): 4:15am On Dec 04, 2014
Watching closely.... December 10-11 will be here in a moment.... Its gonna be a make or mar event for Nigerian democracy!!!!

Very sure PDP will be having running stomach already !!!

grin grin grin
Re: APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 04, 2014
That undertaking really won't stop anyone from decamping.

It is diametrically opposed to Nigeria's constitution which guarantees freedom of association and freedom of choice. In such situation the Nigerian constitution will prevail.

The only thing APC can hope for is that the candidates are honourable men which is why APC should have stood up for the right thing in the Tambuwal case.

The only other way is for INEC to have a minimum of 6 months of membership requirement before people can run for office under any new party.
Re: APC Screening Committee Clears Buhari, Atiku National Convention Holds In Lagos by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 04, 2014
And the Rochas Okorocha futile show continues

My darling Obiagelli is adamant he is not running?

(1) (Reply)

Christopher Kolade: Jonathan Not A Good Leader / Apc Presidential Candidate Emerges Tomorrow / My Watch: What Does Baba Iyabo Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.