Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register (10651 Views)

Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members / Nigerian Army Establishes A Media Centre In Maiduguiri (Pics) / Commit A Sex Crime In Lagos And Get On The Sex Offenders’ Register. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2014
holatin:
good.
but the gurls should stop dressing seductively too
U dey mind them?
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Oahray:
oh please! Women are capable of terrible crimes. Read about Lizzie Borden, about Elizabeth Bathory, about Genene Jones, and many others. What about the women who injure or kill their children because of postpartum depression?

The average woman just doesn't have the strength of men and so cannot physically abuse men without weapons (so they face children), and men hardly ever report being victimised by women, hence the statistics. At least we know the champions of verbal abuse.

Which man would have beaten a helpless baby to a pulp because the child’s parents didn't help treat his dad?

Without men in the world, women would poison each other (since there would be no children to beat up or kill) and wage silent wars until they all drop dead.
Why did u decide to quieten her like this? Great stuff!
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 04, 2014
“Unfortunately, the challenges that we face as a nation appears to have elevated the importance of bigger crimes into the limelight. So in a sense, it appears that the unspoken message is that if you are raped and you are lucky to be alive you should thank God that you have not been bombed, but for us it must be the other way and this is why the philosophy of the broken window theory of management of crime has been strong in our policy formulation.”

A Register is a small step that could do with more I admire BRF for his boldness at certain Political situations and even more on very real issues. like Affordable Housing, Ethnic-friction and Violence Against Women. It is an open secret that Nigerians have accepted the gross inefficiencies and deficiencies of our Security Agencies who just pay lip-service to bigger crimes like Kidnapping, Bribery+Corruption, Religious Conflict, Economic Mismanagement etc most are simply beyond the political will of our leaders. such things like Violence Against Women is a global crime that is often seen in most BLACK African countries as a social misdemeanor. Most cases eventually find their way to NGOs who in most cases are overwhelmed with file reports they have to take to court. judgement is typically delayed and the victims victimized and stigmatized further. It could be better Fashola, it could be better

Fashola, please go beyond this first step and expand it to address Spousal Abuse / Domestic Violence, Suspected child neglect and abuse and molestation, Missing Children and Suspected elder abuse cases.

Establish State-funded Units to tackle this professionally from both the Security and Legal perspectives.

Thank you..
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Very good development. Rapists willl not like this news.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Oahray:
oh please! Women are capable of terrible crimes. Read about Lizzie Borden, about Elizabeth Bathory, about Genene Jones, and many others. What about the women who injure or kill their children because of postpartum depression?

The average woman just doesn't have the strength of men and so cannot physically abuse men without weapons (so they face children), and men hardly ever report being victimised by women, hence the statistics. At least we know the champions of verbal abuse.

Which man would have beaten a helpless baby to a pulp because the child’s parents didn't help treat his dad?

Without men in the world, women would poison each other (since there would be no children to beat up or kill) and wage silent wars until they all drop dead.

You have completely missed my point.

My comment has less to do with the potential of human beings to commit crime, and more to do with STATISTICS. Yes, those women you mentioned commited crimes, but what proportion of the female world populace do they represent? Even children have committed crimes, so we can agree that crime is not isolated to any age or gender.

How many women have beaten helpless babies? Do you think that no man has ever beaten a baby to death, simply because it wasn't captured on video?

How many men have sexually or physically abused babies? How many women have?

And let's not make excuses about women being weaker. I think it is a cup out. Why are they not killing each other or killing children, or attacking animals, at the same rate as men? Again, I am talking about statistics and proportions.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
Oildichotomy:
BOKO HARAM suicide bombers readily comes to mind !!

Anyways, for every successful criminal man there is a woman!
Check the stats! wink

How many of the suicide bombers are male and how many are female? How many suicide bombings are masterminded by males, and how many by females?

Remember that we are talking about statistics here. Please let's try to argue intelligently smiley.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
ferdimako:

U dey mind them?

@ Holatin

What abysmally low IQ levels. You think that every woman abused was dressed provocatively?
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Oildichotomy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

How many of the suicide bombers are male and how many are female? How many suicide bombings are masterminded by males, and how many by females?

Remember that we are talking about statistics here. Please let's try to argue intelligently smiley.
So in other words, In your supposed "utopian" society comprising of the female folks only, there are also bad eggs!

I can humbly conclude from that premise that, it's purely an impractical ideal to have a world with only females that wouldn't have its fair share of vices.

NOTE: We're arguing "Intelligently" here and I intend to stick to your irrational conclusion that "The problem with the world as it is is MEN smiley sad
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by holatin(m): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

@ Holatin

What abysmally low IQ levels. You think that every woman abused was dressed provocatively?

Now we can see why Africa is behind other continents.
Are u so dump, clueless, indiscreet and pointless.
Provocative dressing is one of the many reason of rape.
mehn your foolishness no be ordinary, it must be inherited
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Oahray: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

You have completely missed my point.

My comment has less to do with the potential of human beings to commit crime, and more to do with STATISTICS. Yes, those women you mentioned commited crimes, but what proportion of the female world populace do they represent? Even children have committed crimes, so we can agree that crime is not isolated to any age or gender.

How many women have beaten helpless babies? Do you think that no man has ever beaten a baby to death, simply because it wasn't captured on video?

How many men have sexually or physically abused babies? How many women have?

Why are women not poisoning each other now?

And let's not make excuses about women being weaker. I think it is a cup out. Why are they not killing each other or killing children, or attacking animals, at the same rate as men? Again, I am talking about statistics and proportions.
Tactics! The difference is tactics. A woman is much more subtle. If a man is mad enough at you, he'd use his strength on you and let the world know that he isn't one to be angered. If a woman is mad enough at you, she'd finish you off silently and pretend she knows nothing about it. Tell me, which is likely to find its way into the records?

Now that the person captured on the video is female, statistics is no longer enough? Smh... Do you know how much abuse by stepmothers go unreported daily? Do you know how many househelps are physically or verbally abused with no one to look their way? Do you know how many husbands dread returning home to their wives, from work everyday?

Women aren't poisoning each other now because they are cooking for men at the moment (feminists can bang their heads on the nearest wall, if they like). It's the men that suffer it silently, because the society says that's what it means to be a real man.

I got your point, and it's still shortsighted. My post was to point out to you that womenfolk are not the saints you'd like to pretend they are. Good thing you agree.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Oildichotomy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
cococandy:
pls don't quite me to stay xtupid stuff.
I feel dizzy with this gbagaun!
God Help me!
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Fashola is jobless, let me tell u in case u dont know that FG is finding a way to sack u. why? because some years ago fg started plans to rehabilitate prostitutes but now u open account for them in are really looking fg trouble. u are pretending as if u dont know that everything has become icococlastic.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by dapotemi: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Good! Anything to stop or atleast reduce sexual assault should be encourage..
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Vado(m): 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
QMark:
I still wonder how some men enjoy a violently taken sex. Where's the fun when you're not mutually involved both physically and mentally.

That's the fetish for those freaks. Pedophilia is the only way for them to reach that peak of excitement and satisfaction. Same reason others engage in Bondage n submission, Fisting, and all. Pathetic!
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Oildichotomy:
So in other words, In your supposed "utopian" society comprising of the female folks only, there are also bad eggs!

I can humbly conclude from that premise that, it's purely an impractical ideal to have a world with only females that wouldn't have its fair share of vices.

NOTE: We're arguing "Intelligently" here and I intend to stick to your irrational conclusion that "The problem with the world as it is is MEN smiley sad

The problem with the world as it is is men? Women have no vices? At what point did I mention either of these two things?

You have clearly misconstrued my comments. Okay, let me make it simpler:

The vast majority of violent acts in the world today are carried out by men.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Whalewale(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Orina:
FTC!

More sad news from the music industry, Davido was found alive in his apartment earlier today.

Haba now.. see irnoy
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
holatin:

Are u so dump, clueless, indiscreet and pointless.
Provocative dressing is one of the many reason of rape.
mehn your foolishness no be ordinary, it must be inherited

Sigh. We need to revamp the educational system in this country. The word is "dumb" and not "dump". If you must hide behind insults, at least get your spellings right.

As for the discourse at hand, there is no point engaging you any further, as your IQ level is obviously limiting your abililty to grasp the points being made, or contribute intelligently.

Good bye smiley
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by holatin(m): 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Sigh. We need to revamp the educational system in this country. The word is "dumb" and not "dump". If you must hide behind insults, at least get your spellings right.

As for the discourse at hand, there is no point engaging you any further, as your IQ level is obviously limiting your abililty to grasp the points being made, or contribute intelligently.

Good bye smiley
see fool you can't even identify a typography in a statement.
one and last word for you.
Get a life dude
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Oildichotomy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

The problem with the world as it is is men? Women have no vices? At what point did I mention either of these two things?

You have clearly misconstrued my comments. Okay, let me make it simpler:

The vast majority of violent acts in the world today are carried out by men.
Oh now I see where you're coming from

You made that inconclusive statement as a By-The-Way comment but unfortunately it degenerated.

Your conclusion presently didn't make the argument any simpler, I will rather make do with the first comment than the IED-bombshell you just dropped.

Are you in anyway a suicide bomber, women are to be feared with the new turn of events ? undecided shocked
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Horus(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K01iU2yZ8E

[size=15pt]Govenor Fashola speaks on Sex Offender Registry[/size]

On the 1st of Dec 2014 Govenor Fashola of Lagos State signed an Executive Order establishing a Sex Offender Registry and Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse at the Lagos House.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by jbaby265(f): 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
gud one
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Cadlyn: 9:23am On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:
good.
but the gurls should stop dressing seductively too

So the 14, 9, sometimes 3 year old girls and the babies raped dressed seductively. Was it the pampers that was too seductive or the their flat chests. In most western countries, girls dress crazy, why are the rape cases not high? Because there are no enforced laws in Nigeria to protect our women that is why men put them through physical and emotional trauma by raping them. All men and women have self-control.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by Cadlyn: 9:24am On Jan 14, 2015
ferdimako:

U dey mind them?

So the 14, 9, sometimes 3 year old girls and the babies raped dressed seductively. Was it the pampers that was too seductive or the their flat chests. In most western countries, girls dress crazy, why are the rape cases not high? Because there are no enforced laws in Nigeria to protect our women that is why men put them through physical and emotional trauma by raping them. All men and women have self-control.
Re: Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register by holatin(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2015
Cadlyn:

try and understand my post, indecent dressing too add to rape cases.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC To Appeal Court Order Asking Zenith Bank To Defreeze Fayose’s Accounts / 8 Weeks After Inauguration… 26 Govs Yet To Form Cabinet / IGP Adamu, Commissions Nigeria Police School Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.