Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. (151707 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / HEARTBREAKING: Lion Eats A Man In Front Of His Family / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:48am On May 04, 2015
Chommieblaq:
I can't control d tears, it keep flowing...... God help us

Amen & stop the tears.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by wisestman(m): 9:49am On May 04, 2015
Sile12:
163. George Stinney Jr became the youngest person to be
executed in the US in the 20th century when he was sent to the electric chair in 1944 at age 14, but more than 70 years after his death, his conviction has been overturned due to speedy and improper investigation and lack of evidence.

Stinney, an African-American youth from South Carolina, was convicted in a two-hour trial of the first degree murder of two pre-teen white girls: 11- year-old Betty June Binnicker, and 8-year-old Mary Emma Thames. However, no physical evidence existed in the case, and the sole evidence against Stinney was the circumstantial fact that the girls had spoken with stinney and his sister shortly before their murder, and the testimony of three police officers that Stinney had confessed that he committed the murder. He was executed by electric chair. Since Stinney's conviction and execution, the question of his guilt, the validity of his confession, and the judicial process leading to his execution have been criticized as "suspicious at best and a miscarriage of justice at worst. When he was executed in 1944, Stinney was so short he had to sit on a phone book so he would fit on theelectric chair and one of the electrodes was too big for his leg.

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/george-stinney-jr-black-14yearold-boy-exonerated-70-years-after-he-was-executed-9932429.html

Aime Ruffner receives support from family and friends after testifying at the hearing to reopen the case for her elder brother, third photo. (2014)

this one tire me sha
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by topemirates(m): 9:52am On May 04, 2015
S P E E C H L E S S . . . . . . .
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:52am On May 04, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks, dedicating the FP to Ishilove, Obinoscopy, other mods, Tdayof, Redoil, Dreamcome2ru, yungryce,and those have contributed. The World belongs to us all, lets love one another, no to Racism, and No to Xenophobia. Much Love.
Much love bro,never regret following you,Keep it coming bro,Hear from Amefrica?seems he's on low key this days
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by HRHF: 10:04am On May 04, 2015
still cant believe i actually shed tears... especially the part the girl was asking God questions with no answers
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by kevyngbash(m): 10:14am On May 04, 2015
@handsome Tokunbo. No need to be so angry and myopic. Please post counter pictures and even passages of the books you have read that disputes the claims of the previous pictures.
You must be one of those children who call for war at the slightest but I only pity you. The world is a mix though. Mad and sane people. Some acutely deranged. Good, bad people and it does not surprise me to hear you speak without offering evidences. I am sure it has to do with the environment you were brought up. You can still supply pictures and book passages as evidence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by MDelgado(m): 10:21am On May 04, 2015
Sad!!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by dyadeleye(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2015
Won't shed a tear
Lies#
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Lord why!!!!!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by K9blunt(f): 10:39am On May 04, 2015
YungwizzzyPt7:
I'm not touched...
to hell with you then . mtchww
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

The war stopped cos your progenitors ass were thoroughly whipped while your coward rebel leader stole one of Biafra women wrapper and took to his heels. What a coward!!!

The idiocy and greediness of your worthless and senseless progenitors were what led to the war and the result of the war.

Are your Biafra states ok today? If your answer is no, then your Biafra Nation won't make any difference cos the same corrupt and shameless Igbo leaders would still lead you and your failed likes in the new Biafra.

You guys are a proof that heaven and hell are real. Men you guys are in HELL. Only when you are in hell that you have time for tribal fights when going through these pictures.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2015
[quote author=AdamsBashforth post=33403193][/quote]
You guys are a proof that heaven and hell are real. Men you guys are in HELL. Only when you are in hell that you have time for tribal fights when going through these pictures.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by tdayof(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks, dedicating the FP to Ishilove, Obinoscopy, other mods, Tdayof, Redoil, Dreamcome2ru, yungryce, and to those that have contributed. The World belongs to us all, lets love one another, no to Racism, and No to Xenophobia. Much Love.
thanks bruv... cheesy greetings to OUR leaders too hope they take us to a higher level am tired of being an ordinary citizen angry grin
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:03am On May 04, 2015
Sile12:
Nurses after a patient suffered a miscarriage.
wish our naija nurses will be like these.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by rufychuks: 11:05am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

I respect this thread with profound respect but I hate to see lies being rubbed on my face and shunned out to people as truth. I have chosen to counter this false story being shunned out with true version of the story.

Books have been written by foreign Journalists who witnessed Nigeria Civil War and I ll humbly ask you to pick these books to read instead of reading the ones written by the likes of Chinua Achebe and Other Igbo writters; all written out of emotion and tribal sentiment.

The man who facilitated the involvement of France and Portugal at the side of Biafra Nation against Nigeria state wrote a book in which Ojukwu was held responsible for 80% of those heart-trending pictures of Igbos.

Ojukwu, in his bid to garner world sympathy towards Biafra struggle decided to use the death of his people as a war propaganda of which the world powers were able to see through.

The obvious questions you and your likes chose to ignore are:

1). How come Ojukwu and his soldiers looked well fed at the time of these Kwashokor pictures being taken?

2). How come Igbo elites both political and military with their families were well fed in the midst of all this?

3). How come Biafra soldiers choose not to kill Nigerians in a war that lasted for 3 years with white South African pilots mercenaries bombarding Nigerians from the air?

4). How come Biafra were so keen in taking pictures(if not for propaganda) than fighting their enemies?

5). How come we never see the pictures of Nigerians who were mercilessly killed by Biafra soldiers? Nigeria Govt has no intention of using it as propaganda.

6). How come Biafra soldiers chose not to commit genocide against Nigerians in the midst of all the genocide against their people? I presumed cos they were too nice........

Finally, the world chose to ignore this genocide rhetoric coming from the Igbos cos they witnessed it all. Biafra committed as much crime as their Nigerian counterparts and that was/is why that has never been any criminal case against those who were involved in Nigeria Civil War.

Regardless of how much anyone tried to rewrite the true event of what happened, the truth ll always prevail.

Thank you.
I dislike when people claim to know about a topic but end up exhibiting their ignorance. I wonder why the books you read are different from those that every other neutral person has read? The fact is that the Igbos suffered dearly for the unity of Nigeria. A country that massacred Igbo civilians because of the coup of a few miscreants who weren't acting in the interest of the Igbos. For you to even attempt to deceive people into believing that Ojukwu starved his people to garner sympathy is a clear case of blatantly refusing to accept the truth.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Bibol(f): 11:13am On May 04, 2015
That some people will have the strength to even turn this thread to a mini tribal war shows the kind of world we live in and the state of their minds.

War does no good at the end.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:18am On May 04, 2015
Food for thought...The world is not as rossy.This thread has made me really unhappy.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by jezsie: 11:42am On May 04, 2015
Umm...pathetic
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:48am On May 04, 2015
strangest:
Since 2014 and its just making front page.... No be Tonto, so I understand

As in...... lipsrsealed
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by sammydonn(m): 12:13pm On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

I respect this thread with profound respect but I hate to see lies being rubbed on my face and shunned out to people as truth. I have chosen to counter this false story being shunned out with true version of the story.

Books have been written by foreign Journalists who witnessed Nigeria Civil War and I ll humbly ask you to pick these books to read instead of reading the ones written by the likes of Chinua Achebe and Other Igbo writters; all written out of emotion and tribal sentiment.

The man who facilitated the involvement of France and Portugal at the side of Biafra Nation against Nigeria state wrote a book in which Ojukwu was held responsible for 80% of those heart-trending pictures of Igbos.

Ojukwu, in his bid to garner world sympathy towards Biafra struggle decided to use the death of his people as a war propaganda of which the world powers were able to see through.

1). How come Ojukwu and his soldiers looked well fed at the time of these Kwashokor pictures being taken?

2). How come Igbo elites both political and military with their families were well fed in the midst of all this?

3). How come Biafra soldiers choose not to kill Nigerians in a war that lasted for 3 years with white South African pilots mercenaries bombarding Nigerians from the air?

4). How come Biafra were so keen in taking pictures(if not for propaganda) than fighting their enemies?

5). How come we never see the pictures of Nigerians who were mercilessly killed by Biafra soldiers? Nigeria Govt has no intention of using it as propaganda.

6). How come Biafra soldiers chose not to commit genocide against Nigerians in the midst of all the genocide against their people? I presumed cos they were too nice........

Finally, the world chose to ignore this genocide rhetoric coming from the Igbos cos they witnessed it all. Biafra committed as much crime as their Nigerian counterparts and that was/is why that has never been any criminal case against those who were involved in Nigeria Civil War.

Regardless of how much anyone tried to rewrite the true event of what happened, the truth ll always prevail.

Thank you.
You ve only spoken and written from your own perspective cos i guess your not from the eastern part of the Country to witness the atrocities committed by Gowon and his cohorts.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by daveP(m): 12:24pm On May 04, 2015
Sile12:
45. Lt. Colonel Robert L. Stirm is reunited with his family at airforce bace california after being taken as prisoner for years during the Vietnam war.

this particular pix is in encyclopaedia britannica 1990. smiley cant forget it.

In school when i was lil, the way you heard about firefighters and their prowess and loyalty steered up our minds to wanna be like them or be one of them. Which profession rivals them currently? (sad face)
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by daveP(m): 12:33pm On May 04, 2015
@sile12

i cant forget these ones o...

- a lone man stands in the way of armour tanks and pleads as the drive to tiananem square to face students' protest... China

-Kampuchean soldiers wave goodbye to their vietnam counterparts after a cutdown on rebels(the smile on their faces sparks nationalism)

- a lone soldier escapes the berlin wall

-lech walesa is applauded on the poland parliament's floor

-
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by victorazy(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

You are cursing your generation and future generation simply cos I countered the lies being branded by your kinsmen as truth.

However, I am financially blessed already and millions of your poverty stricken idiotts can't do anything about it.

I live in UK at moment; Born and raised to age 8 in US (Ask your Yoruba enemies d meaning of my name fool).

grin ur financially blessed and you have the time for Nairaland?, and not in China or Dubai running things? My guy, ur just jobless!

No part of Nigeria will survive without the other. The old foundation of Nigeria (last 100yrs) may be corrupt but it was invincible, too strong for any man or group to distroy. Am not from yoruba, housa, igbo or any minority but am from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Tumm(m): 12:55pm On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Thank you.

Plz give examples of such books written by foreigners....I'd like to read.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Tumm(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2015
Csami:
It shows too many emotional pictures like the girl asking the pope that question even the most brilliant person has no answer to. It also show that there's no justice in this world.

I wonder y d pope said there is no answer....the answer is right there @ 1 John 5:19
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Taiye4Christ(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2015
mmsen:
Why has this post been pushed to the frontpage?

Do you people enjoy inducing depression? Is this why you spend so much time in church and the mosque?

Shoro ni yen
undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by romi: 1:32pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=Sile12 post=29955301]164. Doctor snaps photo of baby born in amniotic sac during a caesarian section.

A Greek doctor has photographed an extremely rare and amazing moment during a birth, showing a baby still encased inside the amniotic sac after it has been removed from the mother's body.

Until the amniotic sac breaks, the baby will continue to receive oxygen and nutrients from the placenta. This baby was born safe and healthy. March, 2014.

No 164, this was how I gave birth to my second born, my precious daughter, I'm sooooo emotional right now just looking at the picture, I Thank God! Okeola, mummy and daddy Loves you so much!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Thank you.

This is no place to do blame game or tribalism: there can never be enough justification on any side for all the tear-draining pictures; doesn't matter what went wrong; humans is the worst thing to happen to humanity

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by jpphilips(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Thank you.

After my reply to you a few Hrs ago, I read the rest of your posts on this thread, I had to remove my response because you are not worth the knowledge you seek, I rather you remain ignorant and perish with it, that is what you fvcking deserve.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Csami(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2015
Tumm:

I wonder y d pope said there is no answer....the answer is right there @ 1 John 5:19

And who created wickedness?
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 04, 2015
omenka:
#Heal the world.. Make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race. There are people dying, if we care enough for the living, we'd make a better place for you and for me. - Michael Jackson.
this got me crying..

2 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Chzaram: 2:53pm On May 04, 2015
I feel cold "within".
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by bawberry(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2015
ezelion:

what are u doing in another man's country looking for greener pasture. That shows you have nothing to offer us here.

He was born there why would u leave that out

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Comandclem Patentees Assembly / How To Check The Status Of Your National Identity Card (NIMC) Online / Today Free Select Sure Matches, Bet9ja Booking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.