Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

5 Political Families In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Political Families In Nigeria (15538 Views)

5 Political "Fine Boys" In Nigeria / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe / Top 10 Political Families Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by NaijaOptimist: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2014
ok
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Fp in seconds
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by tuffgongjo(m): 11:42am On Dec 04, 2014
Power playing families.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:42am On Dec 04, 2014
And yet members of a certain party want us support these RECYCLED POLITICIANS and their dynasties so they can continue to lord over us like they have since INDEPENDENCE.

They talk of change and think 'CHANGE' literally means cross-carpeting to the opposition party? They must be dreaming! ALL OF THEM!

Say no to political dynasties and career politicians!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by dipopoo(m): 11:44am On Dec 04, 2014
is dat all?
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
And yet members of a certain party want us support these RECYCLED POLITICIANS and their dynasties so they can continue to lord over us like they have since INDEPENDENCE.

They talk of change and think 'CHANGE' literally means cross-carpeting to the opposition party? They must be dreaming! ALL OF THEM!

Say no to political dynasties and career politicians!
Guy na wa you o. How is this the concern of APC?
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by youngalex(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2014
The UBA FAMILY
...Chief Chris UBA(ESELU)..Political Godfather-2003-2005
Sen.Ugochukwu UBA Senator,Anambra South-2003-2007
Sen.Dr Andy UBA.. Senior Special Assistant.to the President on Domestic Affairs(Kitchen Matters)..1999-2007,Executive Gov. Anambra State June 2007- June 2007,Senator Anambra South 2011-Date
Mrs Ify Umenyi(Nee UBA)... Fmr D.G consumer protection council(CPC),Fmr.(2nd) Lady Anambra State(Married to Chief Roy Umenyi-Fmr Dep.Gov Anambra State)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Tightguy(m): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2014
1. The Uba's of Anambra state.
- Ugochukwu Uba .........Senator represening Anambra south (1999-2003)
- Dr. Andy Uba......... Former SSA to the president (1999-2007). Former Anambra state governor (May '2007-Nov 2007). Current senator representing Anambra south senatorial district.
- Chief Chris Uba AKA eselu Uga........ Renowned political thug (1999-date) grin cheesy shocked tongue. Former political god-father.
- Ms. Azodo.....Friend of the family....... Member representing Aguata Fed constituency in the H.O.R.

2. The Nwodo's of Enugu state
- Okwesilieze
- Nnia

1 Like

Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
your own better o! My own thread is yet to make FP.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2014
berem:
your own better o! My own thread is yet to make FP.
lolss grin grin grin but I don't really bother about FP. Your thread inspired this grin
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2014
Tightguy:
1. The Uba's of Anambra state.
- Ugochukwu Uba .........Senator represening Anambra south (1999-2003)
- Dr. Andy Uba......... Former SSA to the president (1999-2007). Former Anambra state governor (May '2007-Nov 2007). Current senator representing Anambra south senatorial district.
- Chief Chris Uba AKA eselu Uga........ Renowned political thug (1999-date) grin cheesy shocked tongue. Former political god-father.
- Ms. Azodo.....Friend of the family....... Member representing Aguata Fed constituency in the H.O.R.

2. The Nwodo's of Enugu state
- Okwesilieze
- Nnia
Hahaha the Uba Family de vex o grin grin grin
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:

First off: I didn't make mentioned of APC in my post. You and every other person deduced that 'cause, like the ruling party, APC is also populated by political jobbers and offshoots of the old bloc of elites who plunged the fortunes of this country into this nadir of despairing state.
I hope you (and every other person) would understand why I tag them as HYPOCRITICS who lack the moral standing to blame the incumbent C-in-C of the country for the woes of a country they all plundered together.
It's why I insist they aren't the better choice even though we truly need change.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by cupidhero(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2014
truborn9ja:
I only respect the yaraduas family and shagari families because it obvious that Umaru Musa Yaradua was the best Nigerian President we never enjoyed.... The other families are crooks stealing our resources till date...
True! yaradua will remain the best. The good die young sha. i don't realy know much about him but i had some serious respect for him when he was still our president.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
lolss grin grin grin but I don't really bother about FP. Your thread inspired this grin
my thread wasn't talking about nigeria that's why. Its good you opened this thread. If na me,dem for done derail am finish.

Kudos!
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
cupidhero:

True! yaradua will remain the best. The good die young sha. i don't realy know much about him but i had some serious respect for him when he was still our president.
Was Yaradua really the Best we never enjoyed? Though I commend him for some policies but he is no where near GMB. He was better than Baba OBJ and the Incumbent GEJ but... GEJ beat him in some respect...

1. Yar Adua Presided over the Sham Ekiti re-run election that returned Segun Oni, only to be upturned by Salami
2. Yaradua admitted that his election was fraudulent but he went on to defend the same fraudulent election in the Supreme Court.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by 175(m): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
Small families compared to what we have here in France!
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Bunsky:
Politics in nigeria is a family bussiness.
Sarki family own worst,
how many generation did he want to pass politics to?
Op what about tinubu daughter iyaloja of lagos state.
Yaradua is still the best,if not for death.
Iyaloja is a market appointment, I won't be fair to him if I include it.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by truborn9ja: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Was Yaradua really the Best we never enjoyed? Though I commend him for some policies but he is no where near GMB. He was better than Baba OBJ and the Incumbent GEJ but... GEJ beat him in some respect...

1. Yar Adua Presided over the Sham Ekiti re-run election that returned Segun Oni, only to be upturned by Salami
2. Yaradua admitted that his election was fraudulent but he went on to defend the same fraudulent election in the Supreme Court.
Bro, I am non partisan... Read power, politics and death by segun adeniyi and you will realize all the good intentions of Late Musa Yaradua for Nigeria..... I must admit , you can't have a perfect leader but Musa Yaradua was a near perfect leader for Nigeria though he also has his shortcomings....
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by dechandel(f): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2014

The shagari's family cheesy
I'm so getting married to Usman Shagari cool grin
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
1. The Yar Adua Family, Katsina State

General Shehu Yaradua (Elder Yaradua)- Vice president(13 Feb 1976- 30 Sep 1979), Trade Minister (1975-1976), Minister of Lagos(1960)

Alhaji Umaru Musa Yaradua(Younger Yaradua)- President(May 27, 2007- May 10, 2010), Katsina State Governor(1999-2007)

Zainab (Umaru's Daughter)- First Lady, Kebbi State (Incumbent)

Nafisat (Umaru's Daughter)- First Lady, Bauchi State (Incumbent)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1914526_shehumusayaradua_jpegebe70471d4a352fbcbedb84048c1b9e9

An important omission. Their father, Alhaji Musa Yar'adua was the Minister for Lagos Affairs in the NPC government of First Republic.

You also omitted Murtala Yar'adua, a much younger sibling who was selected by GEJ as Minister of State in the eraly days of his administration.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
3. The Shagaris, Sokoto State
Alhaji Shehu Shagari (Father)- President (1979-1983), Federal Minister (1960-1965)

Alhaji Muktar Shagari(Son)- Deputy Governor, Sokoto State (2007-Present), Federal Minister (2001-2007), 2015 Sokoto State Governorship Aspirant(PDP)

Muktar Shagari is not Sheu Shagari's son.

They are just distant relatives, from same village of Shagari.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Iyaloja is a market appointment, I won't be fair to him if I include it.
ohk,i understand now.tnx
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jarus:

Muktar Shagari is not Sheu Shagari's son.

They are just distant relatives, from same village of Shagari.
Shagari is a son of former President Shehu Shagari.[1] He was born in the town of Shagari, Sokoto State in 1956...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muktar_Shagari
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by ladej(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
how is first lady a position or title?
barcanista:
5. The Tinubus, Lagos State

Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu- Governor, Lagos State(1999-2007), Senator, Lagos West(1992-1993)

Senator Oluremi Tinubu(Wife)- First Lady, Lagos State(1999-2007), Senator, Lagos Central(2011-Present)

Rep Dimeji Oyetunde Ojo(Son-Inlaw)- Member Federal House of Representative, Representing Ekiti State (2011-Present)

Hon. Lola Akande (Sister-Inlaw)- Member, Lagos State House of Assembly(2007-Present)

Hon. Adedamola Kasumu (Nephew)- APC's Candidate(Ikeja 1) For 2015 Lagos State House of Assembly

Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by nokingasgod: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nice attempt except for the error about the Yar'Aduas.
Their father, i.e General Shehu and Alhaji Umar's was Alhaji Musa Yar'Adua an aristocrat who served in the first republic as the Minister of Lagos and not the General as asserted.

They got their surname ''Musa Yar'Radua'' from their father's name.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Dreyl(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
farano:
Seen
cool
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=barcanista post=28585592][/quote]

That wiki entry is wrong. It should be corrected.

I'm sure of this. Muktar is not Sheu Shagari's son.

Almost anyone can write anything on wikipedia. The same wikipedia that once said footballer Obafemi Martins attended Obafemi Awolowo University.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by omoiseselagba: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
MrPresident1:
Babangida family nko?
he is not qualified.he was head of state by the use of arms.
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by kinkymax: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
I gv it to yaradua family courtesy of dat good man dat we lost to d cold hands of death. I miss u Nigeria miss u Africa miss u. Continue to rest in peace my gud president ever ALHAJI UMARU MUSA YARADUA. Note yur boi GEJ is a bastard
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
nokingasgod:
Nice attempt except for the error about the Yar'Aduas.
Their father, i.e General Shehu and Alhaji Umar's was Alhaji Musa Yar'Adua an aristocrat who served in the first republic as the Minister of Lagos and not the General as asserted.

They got their surname ''Musa Yar'Radua'' from their father's name.
Thank you, I want to modify it but It isn't working.

@Ishilove pls help modify...

@Jarus, Thanks for the correction
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
That was then....Not now,No space for dynasties in Nigeria...Any traditional title given to you Na for ya papa house...
Re: 5 Political Families In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jarus:

That wiki entry is wrong. It should be corrected.

I'm sure of this. Muktar is not Sheu Shagari's son.

Almost anyone can write anything on wikipedia. The same wikipedia that once said footballer Obafemi Martins attended Obafemi Awolowo University.
Thank you bros, I will modify. What is the relationship between them?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Never Buy Votes In Any Election-pdp To APC / Security: Ekiti Govt Presents Cash Gift To Slain Soldier’s Widow / Magu: Plot To Block Senate Confirmation Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.