Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest (38206 Views)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / UNESCO International Essay Contest 2015 / Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 15, 2014
Submissions are closed. Good luck to all the entrants!

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 12:18am On Dec 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Received. Good luck!
Thank God! Let me win O Lord! Let the best man/woman accompany me!
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 15, 2014
MissMeiya:
Submissions are closed.
Please, what of those who have been trying to submit before closure and are not sure if their entry was successfully submitted or not?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 15, 2014
silentdon:

Please, what of those who have been trying to submit before closure and are not sure if their entry was successfully submitted or not?

I'm very sorry, I can't do anything about that. I wish you had PM'd me before the deadline sad
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm very sorry, I can't do anything about that. I wish you had PM'd me before the deadline sad
I PMed you but it said I should wait for a confirmation/reply... (that message that appears if d person isn't following you)
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 15, 2014
silentdon:

I PMed you but it said I should wait for a confirmation/reply... (that message that appears if d person isn't following you)

You PMed me after 12:00am, at 12:12am. I'm sorry.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by martin92(m): 12:38am On Dec 15, 2014
pls u pple should extend the deadline. as of 11.45 pm i was trying to upload my pix on the site but was nt successful due to the website fault. it took pains and valuable time in composing my essay and it really hurts that despite the fact that i was able to beat the deadline i was still nt able to submit.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

You PMed me after 12:00am, at 12:12am. I'm sorry.

It's OK. Thank you, even though I mentioned you at 12:02 (when I discovered there's help from you) to tell you I've been trying severally. You guys are doing a great job but it'll have been perfect if the submission is more efficient such that a person that clicks submit even at 11:58 gets it done and if such threads can also make front page way before closing date.
Sincerely, it's not nice when one sees such a contest, drops everything else to participate, finishes just before required time but is unable to get it across.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 15, 2014
martin92:
pls u pple should extend the deadline. as of 11.45 pm i was trying to upload my pix on the site but was nt successful due to the website fault. it took pains and valuable time in composing my essay and it really hurts that despite the fact that i was able to beat the deadline i was still nt able to submit.
silentdon:

It's OK. Thank you, even though I mentioned you at 12:02 (when I discovered there's help from you) to tell you I've been trying severally. You guys are doing a great job but it'll have been perfect if the submission is more efficient such that a person that clicks submit even at 11:58 gets it done and if such threads can also make front page way before closing date.
Sincerely, it's painful when one sees such a contest, drops everything else to participate, finishes just before required time but is unable to get it across.

I feel your pain. I honestly do. Unfortunately, I cannot make this decision for several reasons:

1. I am only one of the organizers. There are 5 others involved.
2. The other participants would feel incredibly wronged, as they submitted their entries on time.
3. The contest was open for two weeks. I understand that it was not well publicized, but unfortunately what goes on the front page is not under our control, though we did manage to get the mods' attention at the last minute.

Whenever submitting something through electronic means, you must always leave enough time for slow connection, server overload (as many people tend to submit at the last minute), and other problems. Some people had to submit their entries more than once due to various issues, technical and nontechnical. I know you don't want a lecture right now, but this is something to remember whenever you are submitting something that has a deadline, and especially if it involves electronic submission.

Once again, I'm very sorry.

6 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by martin92(m): 1:13am On Dec 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

I feel your pain. I honestly do. Unfortunately, I cannot make this decision for several reasons:

1. I am only one of the organizers. There are 5 others involved.
2. The other participants would feel incredibly wronged, as they submitted their entries on time.
3. The contest was open for two weeks. I understand that it was not well publicized, but unfortunately what goes on the front page is not under our control, though we did manage to get the mods' attention at the last minute.

Whenever submitting something through electronic means, you must always leave enough time for slow connection, server overload (as many people tend to submit at the last minute), and other problems. Some people had to submit their entries more than once due to various issues, technical and nontechnical. I know you don't want a lecture right now, but this is something to remember whenever you are submitting something that has a deadline, and especially if it involves electronic submission.

Once again, I'm very sorry.

i understand that its nt your fault that i experienced server overload but rules are made by men and can be changed by men too. i am asking u to at least plead on my behalf and others affected to the other organizers so that i might have a chance. i dont need sympathy, all i need now is empathy.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 15, 2014
martin92:

i understand that its nt your fault that i experienced server overload but rules are made by men and can be changed by men too. i am asking u to at least plead on my behalf and others affected to the other organizers so that i might have a chance. i dont need sympathy, all i need now is empathy.
It would be unfair for us to receive your essay at this hour when others weren't treated the same.
Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:40am On Dec 15, 2014
martin92:

this... right there... is why Nigeria has not ever made any progress compared to the Asian tigers. We dont feel rules should apply to us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 15, 2014
DutchesSsS:
Babyosisi, please when would we get the results?

Read the original post,I believe it said 19th
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 15, 2014
babyosisi:
Missmeiya kudos to you
The way you are answering questions and taking care of stuff promptly
I am very very impressed

Kudos to aisha2,CFCfan and berem( if only she can leave APC for a minute) grin
Thank you MissMeiya you are covering for us lol. Bless you

6 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Etruth: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks for a job well done
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2014
Please I want to know if the entries were scanned for plagiarism before being posted online. Entries posted here before being scanned will be flagged under any good plagiarism checker. The good thing islinks will be provided to the source of the flagged write up. Judges should therefore follow the links and do appropriate checks to avoid wrong judgement.
CC: babyosisi berem CFCfan MissMeiya

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Busybody2(f): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2014
Wow, a whopping 20 essays trickled in on the last day of the competition. Kudos and congrats to all the participants and organisers and sponsors.

Best wishes everyone.

3 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Anyi3(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Busybody2:
Wow, a whopping 20 essays trickled in on the last day of the competition. Kudos and congrats to all the participants and organisers and sponsors.

Best wishes everyone.

many people only saw it when it hit frontpage
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by AltarBoy1: 2:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Received. Good luck!
plz kindly confirm mine. I hvnt seen it on the submission thread. Submitted mine arnd 10pm ystaday.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
AltarBoy1:
plz kindly confirm mine. I hvnt seen it on the submission thread. Submitted mine arnd 10pm ystaday.

Received
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Anyi3(m): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

Received

ok now I'm a bit scared, as mine hasn't popped up on the submission thread.

Biko did you receive mine?

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

Received
Hello, can you please post more of the submissions so we can see?
[size=4pt]
please put mine up too[/size]
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
koonbey:
Hello, can you please post more of the submissions so we can see?
[size=4pt]
please put mine up too[/size]

A new batch goes up every night. Did you see last night's?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

A new batch goes up every night. Did you see last night's?
Yes, I did. I didn't know you were deliberately releasing them in batches...
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
koonbey:
Yes, I did. I didn't know you were deliberately releasing them in batches...

MissMeiya:
We have begun posting submissions in the submission thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas#28861067

We will continue posting throughout Sunday and the rest of the week, until the winners are announced on Friday.

Good luck everyone!

MissMeiya:
ATTENTION ENTRANTS:

Please. I'm begging you. If I confirmed receipt, it has been received. Don't send me numerous PM and mentions asking why you haven't seen it in the submission thread.

The judges are not looking at that thread. The entries are being posted slowly for onlookers. They will be posted all throughout the day and week.

smiley

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

smiley
touché smiley

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 19, 2014
Shebi na the 19th ,result go comot
Less than 3 hours to the 19th at my end
For which thread una go announce am
Missmeiya where art thou?
Una don finish marking the WAEC grin
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 4:45am On Dec 19, 2014
babyosisi:
Shebi na the 19th ,result go comot
Less than 3 hours to the 19th at my end
For which thread una go announce am
Missmeiya where art thou?
Una don finish marking the WAEC grin
lolx....19th don reach oooo.... Grace abeg qualify me...
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Round 1: Disqualifications

IP Check:
* IP address is in Nigeria
35/35 passed through

* Unique IP address (no duplicate entry)
35/35 passed through

Next: Word Count Check
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
Prev: IP Check

Word Count Check:
* Word count is between 390 and 710
31/35 passed through
Word counts 342, 716, 744, and 1108 disqualified

Next: Plagiarism Check
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
this is gonna be fun
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
MissMeiya:
Prev: IP Check

Word Count Check:
* Word count is between 390 and 710
31/35 passed through
Word counts 342, 716, 744, and 1108 disqualified

Next: Plagiarism Check

wow...i like to meet the person with 1108 words.... ...this is amazing....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

UNIZIK ‘Spider Man’ Lecturer Excites His Final Year Students As He Signs Project / See The List Of 50 Worst Universities To Study In Nigeria ( Photo) / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.