Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest (38297 Views)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / UNESCO International Essay Contest 2015 / Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by godG: 12:56am On Dec 20, 2014
I must admit, this is great! To the winners, congrats. I like the planning, also. God bless the organizers and sponsors. Meanwhile, I think I fared well. smiley CFCfan, could you please let's know how the other entries in the top 8 fared?

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by GSKing: 12:57am On Dec 20, 2014
Kuzaku:

I love you!!!!! I love you!!!

I love you too

You did it.

Thumbs up.

I can now go to bed in peace.

Congrats bro smiley
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 20, 2014
CFCfan:
Therefore, the winner of the inaugural edition of "Aunty Babyosisi's Christmas Essay Contest", with a score of 99.5% is:

Drum roll

1. Area: Sexual Violence
Topic: Sharing the Shame: Confronting Sexual Violence in Nigeria

CONGRATULATIONS. You have won 50% of the total prize money which is N49,971.5!

Even though MissMeiya posted this entry late, I had to read it twice. The author is a fantastic narrator. Congrats.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Ellidude(m): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Would love to see the full list of performance. If it's there anyway
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Martins301:

Why you wan know? Lol

Cos I'm of the impression that you're among the winners...if not the runner up
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 20, 2014
Neyoor:

Cos I'm of the impression that you're among the winners...if not the runner up

You wan kidnap the winners collect their money?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 20, 2014
Martins301:

You wan kidnap the winners collect their money?

Haba! No o.

Ok..... I'm out of here
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 20, 2014
GSKing:

I love you too

You did it.

Thumbs up.

I can now go to bed in peace.

Congrats bro smiley

Sleep well nwanyi oma. I'll be here when you wake up. Lol

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by dejt4u(m): 1:03am On Dec 20, 2014
WizardofOz1:
It's been awesome.. Congrats to us all.
God bless this initiative.

Wish us all the very best of what's left of 2014 and an even better 2015.

Shalom
congrat bro!
lemme dedicate this to God Almighty.. God hs bn so good to me honestly..
Nairaland 'maths quiz competition season II' winner is now one of the top essayist in this competition.. It's bin God and all the glory is to Him..
Thanks to the organisers.. Congrat to the rest!
Dejt4u
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Ellidude(m): 1:04am On Dec 20, 2014
dejt4u:

congrat bro!
lemme dedicate this to God Almighty.. God hs bn so good to me honestly..
Nairaland 'maths quiz competition season II' winner is now one of the top essayist in this competition.. It's bin God and all the glory is to Him..
Thanks to the organisers.. Congrat to the rest!
Dejt4u
Awww.. Congrats bro. You've got favour.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 20, 2014
Neyoor:

Haba! No o.

Ok..... I'm out of here

lol. . .wait na. .
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by GSKing: 1:06am On Dec 20, 2014
LOL

Congrats to all the winners and contestants, including yours truly.

Good morning and good night everyone.

Good job judges and benefactors.

Thank you babyosisi

Not forgetting MissMeiya. kiss

Ka chi fo nu.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by dejt4u(m): 1:06am On Dec 20, 2014
Ellidude:
Awww.. Congrats bro. You've got favour.
thanks bro!
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 20, 2014
The top 8 scores:

1. Area: Sexual Violence
Sharing the Shame: Confronting Sexual Violence in Nigeria – 99.5%

2. Area: Economics
EXTERNAL DEBT: A Blessing or Cankerworm to the Nigerian Economy? – 97.5%

3. Area: Education: English Language
Towards a Result-Oriented Teaching of English language in Nigerian Schools- 96.5%

4. Area: Education
THE PITIABLE CONDITION OF TEACHING PROFESSION IN NIGERIA AND THE WAY OUT- 94% (675 words).
Average score for subject (adherence to topic, originality, feasibility)+ avg score for organization= 63.5

5. Area: Public Health
HEALTHCARE FINANCING: A PRACTICAL NIGERIAN MODEL- 94% (680 words). Average score for subject (adherence to topic, originality, feasibility) + avg score for organization= 60.5

6. Area: Elections
CURBING ELECTORAL MALPRACTICES AND DEFICIENCIES IN NIGERIA - 93.5%

7. Area: Education
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA - 92.5%

8. Area:Corruption in Nigeria
ESSAY ON CORRUPTION - 91%
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 20, 2014
Once again, congrats to all our contestants.

We thank you for making out the time to send in your essays. cool

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 20, 2014
Just want to say a big thank you to the organisers of this contest. Apart from the reward, I really did enjoy reading through the essays submitted and indeed I have gained additional knowledge. Thanks to all participants for taking time out to showcase their talents. This is just the begining of greater things for all of us. Thanks to Babyosisi the chief architech of this event, to Babymama1 from who I heard about the contest, to MissMeiya for dutifully carrying everyone along, to CFCfan for nearly causing heart attack to the contestants, to all the sponsors (babyosisi, CFFfan, MissMeiya, aisha2, Otunbajega, Nigeriabestjob, Justi4jesu, moca, Shaggy007 and the those who chose to remain anonymous) who gave additional financial muscle to this competion. I say a big thank you to you all.

6 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 20, 2014
First, I give God all the glory.

Auntybabyosisi, someone I call Oasis in the confines of my own small heart. She has proved it now, she's an oasis of joy, of laughter mixed with salty tears, of bigger things to come.

CFC Fan... If I'm correct. To him, the accurate one whose brain is faster than Usain Bolt.

The other sponsors, the ones who are veiled by the curtain of distance, but still reach out to touch lives.

MissMeiya... The beautiful one with the brains of a man and the tenderness of a fresh vegetable.

GSKing.... For staying awake for me, for conversations we will never be able to table out completely, for shared fears.

To evcerybody, for being part of this.

19/20- 12 -2014. May we always remember.

4 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 20, 2014
Dem don announce am?

* scrolls up*
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 1:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Congrats to the winners
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 20, 2014
We want to know monikers behind the top eight essays please
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 20, 2014
Let us make this an annual contest
By God's grace,next year the money will double
Somebody say Amen

Thanks to all the readers and contributors that made the thread exciting
To all the contestants,thanks for refusing to be ridiculed by the naysayers and giving this a shot,we appreciate you
A big thank you to aisha2,CFCfan,busybody and berem ( who was very active initially) for all your tireless behind the scenes work
Thanks to all the donors,you put a smile on the faces of some people this Christmas
Missmeiya you have been awesome.If I ever have a business I hope to have someone as dedicated and as thorough as you as manager.i am just in awe.
To the winners,you have proven that Nigerian youths are smart and articulate and that there is still hope for that nation if only these people that ruined it can step aside.
Have a wonderful Christmas season filled with joy and laughter and blessings be yours in the coming year.

Aunty babyosisi

6 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 20, 2014
babyosisi:
Somebody say Amen

To all the contestants,thanks for refusing to be ridiculed by the naysayers and giving this a shot,we appreciate you
A big thank you to aisha2,CFCfan,busybody and berem ( who was very active initially) for all your tireless behind the scenes work
Thanks to all the donors,you put a smile on the faces of some people this Christmas
Missmeiya you have been awesome.If I ever have a business I hope to have someone as dedicated and as thorough as you as manager.i am just in awe.
To the winners,you have proven that Nigerian youths are smart and articulate and that there is still hope for that nation if only these people that ruined it can step aside.
Have a wonderful Christmas season filled with joy and laughter and blessings be yours in the coming year.

Aunty babyosisi

Amen!

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 20, 2014
babyosisi:
Somebody say Amen

Aunty babyosisi

Amen o

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 20, 2014
Martins301:

Amen o

Did you make it nna a?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 20, 2014
babyosisi:
Somebody say Amen

Aunty babyosisi
*blush* Amen.

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 20, 2014
Ok, I planned on writing something too! Just for the participants. I'm so thankful to all of you for participating. I've been on this forum for so long... well, not as long as some other ancient members lol, but long enough. I just deleted a bunch of stuff, because I was heading towards a speech haha. Long and short of it: I know what we as young Nigerians are capable of. Sometimes, we all need a reminder. All of you should be proud, as proud as I am of you. Congratulations to you all.

To the sponsors, your generosity is humbling. God bless you all.

And of course, Aunty Babyosisi for being the ripple that caused this wave, I pray that you continue to be an agent of change. Yay!

Now, a shameless plug/call to action, your choice grin :

I'm starting a youth movement. I've been planning this for a while, but life always gets in the way. Look, I need help. We have about 20 volunteers so far! Just from Nairaland! If you're interested in helping us, drop your contact here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n61hnVoHieq2e8hgyAyG-h22hwtH5uUGhkL4JQiPAAs/viewform

If you know of another group with the same interests, help us link up with them. OK, I'm tired now. Good night!

4 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 20, 2014
jaybiz007:
@ organizers, why not create a form using Google form? free and easy to create.

I was waiting until after the competition ended to reveal this: Google forms doesn't record IP addresses, which we needed

It was actually my first choice
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by spankyflex(m): 5:49am On Dec 20, 2014
babyosisi:
Somebody say Amen

Aunty babyosisi
God bless u too ma

3 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by spankyflex(m): 6:01am On Dec 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

I was waiting until after the competition ended to reveal this: Google forms doesn't record IP addresses, which we needed

It was actually my first choice
have tried filling that form but I can't submit
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Missmeiya,we need to know who the finalists and winners are

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 20, 2014
babyosisi:
Missmeiya,we need to know who the finalists and winners are

CFCfan
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2014
spankyflex:
have tried filling that form but I can't submit

Which form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Lady Kofo-ademola 1st Black Woman To Receive A Degree From Oxford University:pic / Fire Outbreak In UNILAG, Car Explodes, Fire Figthers Use Buckets To Quench Fire / A Snake Killed By A Nairalander On His Way To Night Class In Absu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.