Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven (1967 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by unveil(f): 9:18am On Jan 08, 2015
I just came here to say this. For all those who are seeking truth and the real road to salvation. Please listen carefully.

This is coming from someone who has been a silent observer to happenings in this world, something many people are blind to. The singular and absolute essence of Christianity is love. The whole idea behind religion is to live in love, and extend love to others. What this means in practical terms is to live a life of selflessness, kindness and tolerance. You will agree with me that these three attributes are almost extinct in this part of the world.

Now here is the truth. God dwells with what lies within and not your exterior, man's external acts and actions only set out to impress no one else but man, what you do behind closed doors, and the motives you harbor in the depths of your mind/heart/consciousness is what God would judge you on. You are who you are when no one is looking.

Another truth is cause and effect. I need your ears here, I'll say again, the universal law of circulation .i.e. every thought, actions, motive, words that come out of you will result in an almost perfect reaction. The consequence of your past is what you are experiencing today and your actions today will bring forth your future realities. This is inescapable.

Nigeria's incredibly pathetic state is a clear reflection of the collective consequence of our individual actions. But fortunately, love cures all, but love in these parts is dead. No one gives a hoot about the next person. Our churches do not preach the love God seeks, our pastors do not try to make the connection between helping the poor, elderly, defenseless, sick, destitute and individual prosperity.

A huge majority of Nigerians live a double life, lying, cheating, bribing, adultery, lustfulness, hate, jealousy intolerance, addiction and the BIG ONE- pedophilia etc while professing the cloak of Christianity. This is blasphemy, and an outright mockery of God, it is better to be free of religion than sustain a painfully sinful life .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Obascoetubi: 9:26am On Jan 08, 2015
yes, ur mama,papa,wife&kids. would not go to heaven
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by kestolove95(m): 9:32am On Jan 08, 2015
I dnt need anybody to tell. mi oritsejafor nd t.b joshua won't go to heaven.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2015
According to my JW neigbor those going to heven is only 144.000 and they don waka finish,earth here we tanda
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by unveil(f): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2015
Obascoetubi:

If they speak, think and talk like you, then it will come as no surprise. Do you agree?
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Obascoetubi: 11:38am On Jan 08, 2015
unveil:

If they speak, think and talk like you, then it will come as no surprise. Do you agree?
yes i do!
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by hahn(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Obascoetubi:

If I get to heaven's gate, take a peek and see you in there, ill voluntarily asked to be sent to hell
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
May God help us all. You have raised salient points OP but I'm uncomfortable with the idea of you setting a certain percentage.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by italo: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
0rex:
May God help us all. You have raised salient points OP but I'm uncomfortable with the idea of you setting a certain percentage.
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by ayodijex(m): 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
You're counting number of nigerians that will make heaven already........chill,are you a christian?
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by alolatee(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
While i agree with you love is missing in the church today, i agree with those who say setting a certain percentage is wrong.I also disagree with you for saying you will quit church Nay religion as a result of your observations.I will advise you with this nusery rhyme 'do your best and leave the rest' to God.Love practically and never come to the point you will start doubting God and His word simply because others are at fault...Foe we shall all stand before the Judgment seat of Christ and everyone will give account for what he is done in the flesh.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by gatiano(m): 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
will 100% of non-nigerians make heaven? especially the christianity inventors?

unveil:
I just came here to say this. For all those who are seeking truth and the real road to salvation. Please listen carefully.

This is coming from someone who has been a silent observer to happenings in this world, something many people are blind to. The singular and absolute essence of Christianity is love. The whole idea behind religion is to live in love, and extend love to others. What this means in practical terms is to live a life of selflessness, kindness and tolerance. You will agree with me that these three attributes are almost extinct in this part of the world.

Now here is the truth. God dwells with what lies within and not your exterior, man's external acts and actions only set out to impress no one else but man, what you do behind closed doors, and the motives you harbor in the depths of your mind/heart/consciousness is what God would judge you on. You are who you are when no one is looking.

Another truth is cause and effect. I need your ears here, I'll say again, the universal law of circulation .i.e. every thought, actions, motive, words that come out of you will result in an almost perfect reaction. The consequence of your past is what you are experiencing today and your actions today will bring forth your future realities. This is inescapable.

Nigeria's incredibly pathetic state is a clear reflection of the collective consequence of our individual actions. But fortunately, love cures all, but love in these parts is dead. No one gives a hoot about the next person. Our churches do not preach the love God seeks, our pastors do not try to make the connection between helping the poor, elderly, defenseless, sick, destitute and individual prosperity.

A huge majority of Nigerians live a double life, lying, cheating, bribing, adultery, lustfulness, hate, jealousy intolerance, addiction and the BIG ONE- pedophilia etc while professing the cloak of Christianity. This is blasphemy, and an outright mockery of God, it is better to be free of religion than sustain a painfully sinful life .

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Labelle(f): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by gatiano(m): 10:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2015
[size=20] Infinite Punishment for Finite Sins
God is perfectly just, and yet he
sentences the imperfect humans he
created to infinite suffering in hell
for finite sins. Clearly, a limited
offense does not warrant unlimited
punishment. God's sentencing of the
imperfect humans to an eternity in
hell for a mere mortal lifetime of sin
is infinitely more unjust than this
punishment. The absurd injustice of
this infinite punishment is even
greater when we consider that the
ultimate source of human
imperfection is the God who created
them. A perfectly just God who
sentences his imperfect creation to
infinite punishment for finite sins is
impossible.[/size]
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:
[size=20] Infinite Punishment for Finite Sins
ultimate source of human
impossible.[/size]
you erroneously assume that all christians believe in an "eternal fiery torment."
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by unveil(f): 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:
Infinite Punishment for Finite Sins
ultimate source of human
impossible.

Live a life a selflessness, do away with secret addictions, couch the lies even the supposed little white ones, seek out to help those in need, wear patience as a robe, keep the mind purified and clean and you will not have reason to ponder on these words you have posted here.

Go to youtube and watch videos of the universe, how incredibly endless it is, you, mr johny are like grain in a crowded cathedral, you should recognise this fact and live your life in reverence of the creator.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 7:05am On Feb 25, 2015
unveil:

Live a life a selflessness, do away with secret addictions, couch the lies even the supposed little white ones, seek out to help those in need, wear patience as a robe, keep the mind purified and clean and you will not have reason to ponder on these words you have posted here.

Go to youtube and watch videos of the universe, how incredibly endless it is, you, mr johny are like grain in a crowded cathedral, you should recognise this fact and live your life in reverence of the creator.

i am a humanist, that is the number one reason why i find God(s) like yahweh and allah impossible because they are both barbaric...

I live for myself not some abstract mythical creator.

Exactly when you consider the vastness of the universe, you will see we are even less than a grain of sand, then you will see their is nothing so important about you... Only then will you learn to live this one life you have and not vainfully hope for another one..
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2015
timonski:
you erroneously assume that all christians believe in an "eternal fiery torment."

Nope... I am speaking from the perspective of those who do.

So now tell me your own version of yahweh doesnt have a pit where he intends to roast people? lolzzz
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Nope... I am speaking from the perspective of those who do.

So now tell me your own version of yahweh doesnt have a pit where he intends to roast people? lolzzz
lolzzzz. The yahweh i read about doesn't intend to burn people forever.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
timonski:

am guessing yours is different grin

So this one doesnt have a pit of fire where he will throw u in if you dont do good... hehehehehe abeg how many versions yahweh will you guys have abeg... version 0.1, version 1.0, version 3.1, version 4.4 ... lmao... grin

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by unveil(f): 12:13am On Apr 03, 2015
timonski:

No brother,

You will account for all your sins.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by tpiar: 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
well, i can only blame the visa officer for the op.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2016
unveil:
Hello Unveil.

Your post is much appreciated. I love sincerity and I am pleased with what you just wrote. I also wish to be a man of unconditional love and justice irrespective of religious labels.

Thank you for this ray of light and love.

Cheerful greetings.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by CoolUsername: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Unveil.

Your post is much appreciated. I love sincerity and I am pleased with what you just wrote. I also wish to be a man of unconditional love and justice irrespective of religious labels.

Thank you for this ray of light and love.

Cheerful greetings.

You seem to be a
genuinely good individual. If by some off chance there's a paradise somewhere, it should be people like you that should populate it.

The way I see it, doing good for the promise of a reward or the fear of punishment isn't enough to make someone a morally upright person.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
Well i know i cant make heaven, only God can make me make it. Comprende undecided okbye.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
CoolUsername:

Hello Coolusername,

Thank you for your kind words. I also think fear of punishment or reward in terms of paradise is not enough and should not even be the essential drive that pushes anyone to show love to his neighbor. In my perception, Longing for a uninterested relationship with the divine, and a love for the whole creation including our specie should be.

Thank you once again. I wish you blessings.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Alezy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Speechless3:
Well i know i cant make heaven, only God can make me make it. Comprende undecided okbye.
at least u believe in his grace to aid u, that alone gives u a better chance of making heaven.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Alezy:
at least u believe in his grace to aid u, that alone gives u a better chance of making heaven.
Yes Alezy. I am not ashamed to admit my insufficiency. I have seen that only God can really change me. Its not within my capacity to do that.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Alezy(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Speechless3:
Yes Alezy. I am not ashamed to admit my insufficiency. I have seen that only God can really change me. Its not within my capacity to do that.
An that's a lovely one dear.

When I see someone saying with all seriousness I CAN DO IT, or I WILL DO IT. not adding the grace of God or the fact that he/she is alive today because of God's grace, you just know the person is doomed for failure.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Alezy:
An that's a lovely one dear.

When I see someone saying with all seriousness I CAN DO IT, or I WILL DO IT. not adding the grace of God or the fact that he/she is alive today because of God's grace, you just know the person is doomed for failure.
True. In addition they say that because they 'diminish' God's standards and overrate their abilities. They have not really come to terms with God's demand for total perfection.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Marriage Really Compulsory Before A Male And A Female Can Procreate? / My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. / See What A Man Wore To Church Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.