Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG (30544 Views)

Some Insane Military Training Around The World. / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by sanmibukunmi: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Without security there can't be development

If you doubt me , relocate to the north.
How much security has pakistan got with their atomic Bomb.....its not as if Nigerians a violent its just a group of ppl with weird mentallity dt need to be taken care of and I don't fink building Nuclear weapons will help us achieve dt......!!!
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by clubone05: 9:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
I got your point and I believe in stooping to conquer but not when the man you're stooping to has refused to see any reason why he should help you.

At a point in one's life ,you should learn how to determine your future and face the consequences wether good or bad.At least you tried doing something for yourself.

my brother. ..you make him change his position. ...his reason are A..u check A and amend A.

the US said they wont help because the our is involved in war crimes. ..we see the videos online every day..the army just shoot suspects and bury them. ..no intel gathering. .

The US said they won't sell weapons because they're afraid weapons might end up in jihadist hands...The army flee leaving weapons all the time.

You want help but you don't want to help urself..

There is a yoruba saying "it is the child that opens its arms that an elder will carry.

We need this training. ..no excuses.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

my brother. ..you make him change his position. ...his reason are A..u check A and amend A.

the US said they wont help because the our is involved in war crimes. ..we see the videos online every day..the army just shoot suspects and bury them. ..no intel gathering. .

The US said they won't sell weapons because they're afraid weapons might end up in jihadist hands...The army flee leaving weapons all the time.

You want help but you don't want to help urself..

There is a yoruba saying "it is the child that opens its arms that an elder will carry.

We need this training. ..no excuses.
We never needed them to bring back the Niger Delta militants to sit down and talk because it was a genuine struggle though tainted with bit of criminality.
Nigeria doesn't anyone to clean his house up if the leadership has done and have been doing the right thing.
I still maintain that we don't need anyone to get things done and as for those flimsy excuses they do not count.
The US committed a lot of war crimes in Iraq and different places around the globe ,they should first set the example before opening their mouths in condemning others.Talk of absolute hypocrisy the US ranks first.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:
Na wa for US

So they expect Nigeria to withdraw heavy weapons used in fighting BH for training.

What do they expect Nigeria to fight BH with.?

Fellow Nigerians

Are we sure US is not the main sponsor of BH

Are we sure US is not viewing Nigeria as a sleeping giant that must be destroyed now in order to eliminate a future rival like China India.

Am not against breakup but killing innocent Northern Christians and taking over their ancestral land without their support is evil.

Biafrans I hope we are watching and learning.

Biafrans we must develop our indigenous military technology by encouraging our higher institutions to develop indigenous military technology to counter threats like this.

See this uneducated slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by yemivictor: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,it is really really sad. That is why most people that used to comment and contribute intelligently on nairaland politics section have stopped. when you read through threads and peoples comment you can't but wonder how nigeria will make it in future. It seems the only thing most ppl come here to do is to learn insultive and abusive words.what you read here is the true reflection of the society,many of these youth don't have anything upstairs and that is why there is high rate of unemployment.

Seconded, NL isn't what it used to be i.e. a forum for intellectual contributions in diverse fields.

What these youngsters do here now is compete on who has the coolest curse word at the slightest provocation (or even no provocation at times).

I have just resumed commenting myself after a very long break and with extra time on my hands right now. They'll grow up.....I believe they'll grow up.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by chronique(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Very true. They did it to get back at russia cos they had the belief that they lost the vietnam war due to russia. That war became so costly for russia,and happened to be one of the major reasons why the soviet union became weakend and started disintegrating. Unfortunately,99% of Nigerians do not know this.
Bayswater:

Thank you. I was watching a documentary about the same war where the mI-25 series of gunships were deployed by Russia and how America did everything to sabotage Russia. I just opened my mouth in disbelief. The war was almost over when America started supplying the mujahideens with anti craft missiles that can bring down the copters. That marked a massive change in the war, Russia lost thousands of soldiers in a war they have almost won and that actually marked the beginning of the rise of Osama Ibn Ladin. America created and nurtured Osama and Taliban, they only had their comeuppance when he attacked them.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by busybrain88: 10:04am On Dec 05, 2014
America:Nigerian dooooooooom since 1900
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by iaatmguy(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2014
felixchip:
Ok o.
I'd have said that US is stup.I'd for making such statement. But, on a second thought, I think they're worse that Stup.I'd.

Withdraw the weapons from the field and fight BH with their Teeth or Jazz?
This US people are yet to tell us what it is we've done wrong.
what we did wrong ? Hmm becos of not passing same sex marriage , I think that's one of it
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by highlyfavouredo(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2014
clubone05:

on the contrary. .u are the silly one...I read alot of comments on here and I can understand why the high failure rate in this country.

The US said "on Nigeria request. ..training was cancelled" simple and unassuming.

One dumbo press secretary. ..comes to tell us that equipment need for the training is in use in the North. So ALL...ALL...the said equipment are in use..and we have none in the whole country again. ...but as usual the guy won't be sacked.

Take a moment ...read...try to understand.

Why will you need to sack a man who gave you reason for the cancellation, it was a pubic and press statement any body who knows better can come and refute it. Nigeria dont have enough military harware because we ve not been fighting war since 1971, so they have not been stock piling military hardware that is why we needed to buy now. But the little you have some one wants you to withdraw it so that he can train your boys with it while the enemy will be waiting for you. The same us refuse to sell weapons to Nigeria. Nigeria shoild agree so that we will believe we are as intelligent as us and can pass exams. Am yet to understand?

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by highlyfavouredo(m): 10:09am On Dec 05, 2014
Sorry seems I dont know how to quote?
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by yemivictor: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

Assuming u ar d president u would have allowed them to withdraw d equipment for training
Xo that by d tym they return d equipment if in 1 piece
North would have become history
I beg reason well b4 talking

Bro, i think your government is lying to you.

For the fact that the hardware are currently in use (if true) means that they are being used by trained personnel.

Nobody goes to war with an untested weapon and testing the weapon is training the personnel that'd use it in war time!!

Don't you get it?! It is just a cheap white lie from your government!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by jamace(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
I got your point and I believe in stooping to conquer but not when the man you're stooping to has refused to see reasons why you should serve him.

At a point in one's life ,you should learn how to determine your future and face the consequences wether good or bad.At least you tried doing something for yourself.
Gbam! cool
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2014
u mean americrime so america
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2014
u mean americrime sorry america
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by jamace(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2014
yemivictor:

Bro, i think your government is lying to you.

For the fact that the hardware are currently in use (if true) means that they are being used by trained personnel.

Nobody goes to war with an untested weapon and testing the weapon is training the personnel that'd use it in war time!!

Don't you get it?! It is just a cheap white lie from your government!!!
Let it be a white lie. Did America not tell white lie when she refused to sell weapons to Nigeria by saying that Nigeria has been getting their weapons from other countries and should continue to get their weapons somewhere else?. Great nations want to remain great and will never allow you to be great to rub shoulder with them. It is natural.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by onatisi(m): 10:39am On Dec 05, 2014
yemivictor:

Seconded, NL isn't what it used to be i.e. a forum for intellectual contributions in diverse fields.

What these youngsters do here now is compete on who has the coolest curse word at the slightest provocation (or even no provocation at times).

I have just resumed commenting myself after a very long break and with extra time on my hands right now. They'll grow up.....I believe they'll grow up.
bros ,it isn't an age issue . It is just that they lack the mental attitude and capacity to think,they find thinking too hard a task. Go through comments on any thread and you will realize that less than 10% of ppl commenting on that thread actually read the opening article,90% of posters comment based on the topic heading and not on the article. Majority of nigerian youths here find it difficult and too tasking to read an article.if you want destroy their morale let the article be 10 paragraphs ,the common comments u will be seeing will be “space booked”. Gone are those days when our education had literary and debating groups ,where students will have to do research and come up with cogent points to support their arguments. Now it is all about skelewu,see gobe or shoki .
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BlackTechnology: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2014
lestat:

See this uneducated slowpoke

Educated human being pls educate us.

Start from Libya especially why after US intervention Libya descended into chaos.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Hembelembe: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2014
manutdadex:
if dis is true! Den we av bigger issues! Y d sudden beefin by d U.S self! Nigeria d world is scared of wat u wil bcome if u get it rite! They see potential but we only see doom for our self! God bless Nigeria, God bless Gej and Bless whoeva wins d 2015 election!
Matured comment coming out from d matured mind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BlackTechnology: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
All the coupes that took place in Africa in the late 60s and early 80s were all sanctioned by the US using the CIA.
After independence they became afraid that most African nations might go for communism.This fear ,paranoia and wanting to control Africa led to the assassination of most west African civilian and military heads of states that has refused some of their economic policies to fly.
Where you aware that Muritala Mohamed was assassinated by colonel Dimka shortly after the throwing out of the yanks from the juicy Nigerian steel industrial revolution master plan by his government,the moment he gave the contract to the Russians his fate was sealed .This is one reason why that old ota farmer needed to dumped out from Nigeria's politics today.They have betrayed this country beyond repair for their own selfish interest.

I heard Obj is a CIA member.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by iaatmguy(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2014
VirginFinder:

Are you a learner?!

They are angry that we criminalised gay unions and relationships instead of legalising it.

The US is no friend!!
in my heavy yoruba accent " wo may God bless you very much. I was discussing with some peeps last year that the u.s will force nigeria to legalize the stupid law, just check out what they said when the parliament criminalized the law . That they would withdraw all aides from nigeria. Well its coming to pass , 1stebolaa second refusal to sell arms all in the name of human.rights violation.It's hust unfortunate that we ourselves are not helping matters when it comes to transparency and accountability
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by johncreek: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2014
Priceless24:
Na today we start to chop lie? It's better they don't tell us anything sef
Pls tell them jaare...
Gone are those days we eat their crap stories.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by chocmanne(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2014
wasiudvd:
Even if its Pope that make this press release, I will still not believe.
so this people think we are this gullible?
so all the military hardware that this country have is in the north fighting Boko Haram, yet we are struggling to win.
Are we saying if Nigeria is attacked from South now, we will need to withdraw military hardware from north, to defend from South?
I don't even understand, what military hardware are we currently using on book haram that is needed for the training? AK 47? Tanks? RPG? jet fighter? what else? This is all we have? is this what they want to train the military on? In a sane country, this kind of statement will have consequence.
mtcheew!
1billion likes
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by Truckpusher(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I heard Obj is a CIA member.
After independence most of our military men and students were recruited by the CIA and the KGB though their level of involvement varies and were minimal ,each side trying to bring in their ideology but due to the colonialists grand scheme Nigeria was already a pro western nation which made us to end up with capitalism and subsequently democracy.
If anyone implies that he worked for the CIA that person wouldn't be far from the truth.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by OmoUSH(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2014
BLACK TECHNOLOGY, I SIGHT YOU. YOU ARE ALWAYS THE UNINSPIRED LEADER OF HOPELESS DUMBSTARS ON NAIRALAND.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by johncreek: 11:21am On Dec 05, 2014
Liars!!!
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by OmoUSH(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2014
BLACK TECHNOLOGY, I SIGHT YOU. YOU ARE ALWAYS THE UNINSPIRED LEADER OF HOPELESS DUMBSTARS ON NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION. YOU ARE REALLY IGNORANT BOY! BY THE WAY ARE YOU STILL A TEENAGER OR WERE YOU BORN A RETARD? NO OFFENCE BOY,JUST WONDERING LOUD!
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by overhypedsteve(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2014
starlingbawa:

Good point no doubt and I have to agree with you, but I think that situation is still a long shot away bearing in mind the prevailing situation we now find ourselves in.

Good morning mate!
you don't understand something. Even the US is not properly experienced on the training they are giving our boys. There is a different between fighting in the middle east and fighting in the drugs and hottest region in the world. The Sahara desert region. I would have preferred we train with the French people cus they were able to deal a substantial blow to the maghrebian movement back then.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by DaBullIT(m): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2014
What is this ? Would be able to call your self a dad if you already have kids ? If you don't how will you train your kids when you get one or two , I'm asking because you sound frustrated and immature

He never stated his alliance to any party , he made a comment , but you had to call him opposition , definitely you've been looking for a chance to insult him .

If you weren't blinded by hate you would see that US has always helped Nigeria , in more ways than just weapons and military training

I'm not saying they don't have covert operations , I'm saying there are bigger fishes to fry

Great mother Russia never sent troops to help you

Mother Russia does not buy your crude

Mother Russia never had a plan for Nigeria
Vladimir Putin has sanctions on Russia from every part of the world for some misconducts , Security Advisers and GCFR can't find another country , why Russia ?

But.

USA Michelle Obama took part in Bringbackourgirls campaign. Insignificant right ?
US buys Nigerian crude
US sent troops during crises
Us sent troops recently to help with boko haram
US pleads Nigeria's cause at IMF and World bank.
US recovers and returns funds politicians stole to Nigeria
Among several other things , I understand that desperate situation causes desperate measures , but lying to Nigerians and severing ties with a long time friend ?
[size=15pt]
GEJ thinks being an ally to a country in the world is the same as Nigerian Politics , if / when Russia disappoints Nigeria once , we won't be able to decamp to befriend USA.

Let's wait and see[/size]

Bayswater:

Brainless cyber-pawn. Can you not just reason for once?

Does being in the opposition makes the brain so dull? I have noticed this is a common factor amongst the jobless APC cyberpawns. My advise: get a functioning brain!

America wants to use our hard-bought Russian-made military equipments to train our men. Isn't it laughable. Fortunately for us, that part of the training has been conducted by Russia and our other more-trustworthy allies.

I am happy the Nigerian Military quickly realized they want to spy on Russian equipments through us - we can't afford to lose Russia at this moment, they are our more dependable ally in this time of war; they stood by us.

Apart from Sani Abacha, clueless and ball-less GEJ is the only Nigerian president that has stood up against usa's excesses.

Yourself and usa can go and swim in majidun river.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by wasiudvd(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2014
dBard:

Sometimes you should try understanding issues before commenting
The issue here is the Americans are just bin ridiculous.
They were contracted for training n, like most trainings, the trainers come with part/all of their equipment.
Expecting the F.g t move hardware currently in use, when u can comfortably provide such, because of their stand on provision of lethal equipment (? Leah ammendment), is just bin silly.
Am with d f.g on dis one

Good move

brother,
try to understand, the whole press statement does not make any sense. think about it again.
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by miniano1(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2014
us self funny ash so we no fit use our weapon be that ooo this matter is even complicated self if Nigeria army slap us army he go faint us are nothing buh just a theif collecting russia ppl to build weapon for them and start to dey do yanga again
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by BlackTechnology: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2014
Truckpusher:
After independence most of our military men and students were recruited by the CIA and the KGB though their level of involvement varies and were minimal ,each side trying to bring in their ideology but due to the colonialists grand scheme Nigeria was already a pro western nation which made us to end up with capitalism and subsequently democracy.
If anyone implies that he worked for the CIA that person wouldn't be far from the truth.

Gbam
Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by 30pence: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2014
fkaz:

So the equipment on the battle field are been use by un-trained army? That shows why military men abandon their armoury and run away anytime boko haram attack them, because they don't know how to use what they have in hand.
In my own opinion, i believe american knows nigeria has the men and equipment to crush boko haram, why not release some equipment to U.S for training so that it will be use effectively on battle field after training, instead of giving it to boko haram.

Sorry to say this,
You talk like person wey no go school,
smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Wike Commissions NLNG Office Complex In Port Harcourt / Bianca Ojukwu Writes Letter To Late Husband On Upcoming Anambra Election / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.