Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. (3543 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Budget: PDP Member Points To Error Made By President Buhari / Ayoka Lawani, PDP Member Defects To APC!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by desgiezd(m): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
^^^ This colleague of yours must be a slowpoke, no solid point to support his position and yet he wants you to agree with him.
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by GabrielSuswam(m): 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
torkaka:
Me at the office with my colleague;

colleague: This people will do anything to discredit Jonathan's Government because of 2015 but God will not allow it.

me: how are they discrediting his government?

colleague: all the bombs they are throwing, its the work of APC and northerners

me: how are you sure its APC and northerners?

colleague: who no know say na them? we know all this things

me: so "we" know all this things yet government no dey do anything? if government no dey person way the throw bomb, why them never arrest them?

colleague: my brother this people are powerful, wetin you want make government do?

me: no be Jonathan be commander in chief? and if na because of 2015, why them dey throw bomb for their stronghold?

colleague: my guy you don't understand how these things work, just leave matter

me: but you haven't answered me, if them dey discredit am because of 2015, why them dey discredit am in a way wey the voting strength of their strongholds go reduce?

colleague: (raising his voice) they know what they are doing, they don't want a man from that side to be president

me: and by throwing bombs and reducing their voter strengths, they will achieve their target? if election no hold for those places, na to who benefit?

colleague: guy forget, na those people the sponsor boko haram

me: to achieve wetin? to discredit Jonathan and lose their voter strength? even if them dey discredit am, as commander in chief, Jonathan no suppose stamp him authority?

colleague: just forget, all their plans no go work.

grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by chamboy(m): 12:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
signz:

Are you going to blame your Igbo friends for thinking like that?

Yes na, whoelse
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by chamboy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
desgiezd:
^^^ This colleague of yours must be a slowpoke, no solid point to support his position and yet he wants you to agree with him.
They are many like that.
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by cocoduck: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
anybody that believes this story is fool and can believe that pigs can fly. This is something the op made up, at least we GEJ supporters on this forum can pin point and has always been pin pointing the achievements ofthis administration. You cannot deceive everyone okay?

3 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by cocoduck: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
ayuse:
I am afraid we may not v d nigeria of our dream for a very long time except God in his mercy decides to dash us good leaders. As long as electing leadership is concern it may takes those who are well elightened a lot of work and time to elighting d average Nigerian what democratic leadership is all about. As at now an average Nigerian will elect their leaders for d very wrong reasons. 2011, I tried asking pple why they are going to vote our current president and I heard them say bc he his from d minority, he was once poor, he was persecuted by d cabals who didnt want him to take over from Yar'dua etc and I asked do you know his performance as a former Governor and almost all d pple I spoke with didnt care about his performance as a Governor, they didnt even want to access his performance as acting President. They claimed as an acting and substansive President he cant do anything bc he's not serving his own tenure and even today some foolish pple still say he cant take serious decision in his first tenure but that when he gets 2nd he will perform and I am like a man who couldnt do much in almost 6years how much will he do in another 4years. The truth is Nigerians deserve d leaders they get. The only hope Nigeria has is that d few enlightened Nigerians will work very very hard to enlighten d majority of Nigerians who v very very bad idea about leadership.
The ultimate solution is simple. you want a progressive Nigeria? the go for true federalism. I want a Nigeria where I don't mind who the president is and where he is from but I care who is my conunty mayor and my region's governor is and what he stands for. Our governors are big spoilers.
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by laimo(m): 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
Can you imagine?
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by RotrEmmanuel: 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
sleektalker:
Yesterday, as I sat in a cab, waiting for the driver to completely load the vehicle, heading to Odili road, a man around the ages of 36-40 got in and sat Next to me, in a few moment, the cab was filled.

A little drive, spotting the Ameachi billboard, here is the conversation that went on between us.

Pdp: This yeye man, I just hate am.
Me: Bros why u hate am?
Pdp: Him wan change Rivers State to pdp.
Me: Bros na the reason u hate am, Abi him no work?
Pdp:Him work when him been de pdp, (looks at me). All the projects na pdp projects, nothing Amaechi do.

Me: bros add more reasons na.
Pdp: Wike go flush am commot.
Me: So bros na Wike u like, and why u like Wike?
PDP: Yes I like Wike and GEJ, Wike don fight for the state, And Jonathan na my brother.
Me: So wetin Wike and Gej don do?
PDP: Jonathan na my brother, even if him no do anything thing, make him de chop the money, hausa people don chop am since.
(at this time I looked at his shoe, to confirm something sha)
Me: and Wike?
PDP: Na only Wike de fight since, where all these Tonye Princewill, Lulu Briggs, Jack them de when wike de fight the war?
Me: So That na why u want Wike as Governor?
Pdp: Wike don promise say Amaechi go run if him win, so I wan make sure say them pursue Amaechi from Rivers State.

At this time I go to where I will drop, till date I wonder, do we get the kind of leaders we deserve? You support a man becos he fought a member of the party out, even if he doesn't have a vision. You Vote a president becos u want him to continue stealing.
I tell u the truth, Ya'adua did more for the south than Jonathan, I stand to be corrected.
In conclusion, you are another APC BAT! keep posting fakes stories online but you can never make FP!
next please

Goodluck till I die grin grin grin

meanwhile, I'm in FRANCE.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Spydamannn(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
Op is up to some mischief...go to any newspaper stand you will see grown ass men arguing politics and spewing thrash...its a big nigerian problem but I still insist op in up to some mischief
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Spydamannn(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Op is up to some mischief...go to any newspaper stand you will see grown ass men arguing politics and spewing thrash...its a big nigerian problem but I still insist op is up to some mischief
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by smartcount003(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
cidieschat:

My brother, he is not the only one that has had such experience, Rivers has a lot of thugs who don't reason with brains, Wike and his supporters believe firmly in Violence, Let a pdp member tell why he (Wike) deserves to be a Governor...

This is a fallacy many of you spew all the time. You guys mistake Wike's grassroot popularity to being a thug. One thing you have failed to understand is that these same people you refer to as 'thug' are the same people you will all fall back to for their votes. Wike is just being smart to have started his mobilisation at the grassroot level on time, because he understands the political game, hence this name-calling from his distracters. Rivers State belongs to PDP, APC can only try their best, but the true situation on ground will always emerge.
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by ayuse(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
torkaka:
Me at the office with my colleague;

colleague: This people will do anything to discredit Jonathan's Government because of 2015 but God will not allow it.

me: how are they discrediting his government?

colleague: all the bombs they are throwing, its the work of APC and northerners

me: how are you sure its APC and northerners?

colleague: who no know say na them? we know all this things

me: so "we" know all this things yet government no dey do anything? if government no dey person way the throw bomb, why them never arrest them?

colleague: my brother this people are powerful, wetin you want make government do?

me: no be Jonathan be commander in chief? and if na because of 2015, why them dey throw bomb for their stronghold?

colleague: my guy you don't understand how these things work, just leave matter

me: but you haven't answered me, if them dey discredit am because of 2015, why them dey discredit am in a way wey the voting strength of their strongholds go reduce?

colleague: (raising his voice) they know what they are doing, they don't want a man from that side to be president

me: and by throwing bombs and reducing their voter strengths, they will achieve their target? if election no hold for those places, na to who benefit?

colleague: guy forget, na those people the sponsor boko haram

me: to achieve wetin? to discredit Jonathan and lose their voter strength? even if them dey discredit am, as commander in chief, Jonathan no suppose stamp him authority?

colleague: just forget, all their plans no go work.

grin grin grin grin

Kai, Nigeria is in trouble. I tot I am d only one who has friends who reason like ur colleague. Imagine a commander in chief of the arm forces who is afraid of some so called powerful pple. One of my friend even said the military chiefs are beeing used by Buhari and some Notherners to sabotage the presidency and I asked him if some pple are using ur staff to sabotage ur business what will u do and my friend said I cant understand how ds things work
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by brainpower(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
People believe what they want to believe. Its possible that the OP might be talking out of imagination but some people will believe it cos it favours them.
So if Wike shouldn't be the governor, who should it be? Dakuku? They say Wike is an occult man but right now, Dakuku is battling with a cultist tag on him which he has denied but those that know him know the truth.
If that guy's reasoning was myopic then the northerners are also myopic everyone of them.
80percent of the northerners that voted for Buhari and still want to vote are doing so based on the fact that they see him as an extremist like them.
So if we start pasting all the careless reasons why people support who they support, then this place will be flooded with stupid reasons. For instance,
Someone told me that "voting Wike will mean chasing non-indegenes out of Rivers State and that occult men will take over the gvot house". So is this reason not stupid?

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by angelsing(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
ayuse:
I am afraid we may not v d nigeria of our dream for a very long time except God in his mercy decides to dash us good leaders. As long as electing leadership is concern it may takes those who are well elightened a lot of work and time to elighting d average Nigerian what democratic leadership is all about. As at now an average Nigerian will elect their leaders for d very wrong reasons. 2011, I tried asking pple why they are going to vote our current president and I heard them say bc he his from d minority, he was once poor, he was persecuted by d cabals who didnt want him to take over from Yar'dua etc and I asked do you know his performance as a former Governor and almost all d pple I spoke with didnt care about his performance as a Governor, they didnt even want to access his performance as acting President. They claimed as an acting and substansive President he cant do anything bc he's not serving his own tenure and even today some foolish pple still say he cant take serious decision in his first tenure but that when he gets 2nd he will perform and I am like a man who couldnt do much in almost 6years how much will he do in another 4years. The truth is Nigerians deserve d leaders they get. The only hope Nigeria has is that d few enlightened Nigerians will work very very hard to enlighten d majority of Nigerians who v very very bad idea about leadership.
Same questioned I posted to some friends back then, all they were able to come up with was God has chosen him.. I was weak and surprise that at stage we are not looking at the antecedent of the person instead we are using religion as the yardstick to vote for him..If u want a man of God, din't pastor Chris contest?, why din't people vote for him as a man of God shud be able to do things right..A friend of mine I convince regarding jonthan's antecedent was now thanking me for convincing him after seeing the way country is presently

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by size40: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
This kind of experience is just everywhere in Nigeria. I had similar encounter with my friend and also a brother who told me that he is supporting wike not because Governor Amaechi didn't work, but because wike fought Amaechi. Then I asked him; when has fighting a sitting governor became a requirement for choosing a governor? he didn't answer my question. Then I asked him again; did Wike succeed in removing Governor Amaechi from office as he promised Mr president? then replied by saying that; at least he he has chased Amaechi out of PDP. that I can see how Wike is dealing with everybody in PDP. Chasing out the kalabaris, okirikans, the ogonis etc out of the party. I was really speechless with reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by rozayx5(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
all these fake threads just to promote the bloosthirsty coupist undecided
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Montaque(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2014
This is true of Nigerians. A man I respect said that even if GEJ does nothing for the next 4years,he will still vote for him. I was disappointed. I remember that Jim nwobodo got massive voting because he is handsome and his opposition looks like the devil incarnate. We get the leaders we deserve.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by mikolo80: 12:22am On Dec 06, 2014
domack99:
That's the way an average Nigerian thinks, always with sentiment and no constructive criticism.

Not seeing any hope for the future
sentiment is constructive,its called freedom of speech and association.what you should do is 6=( him why your(our) candidate is better for him(no stealing,good roads,schools,tractors,power,,fuel,hospital,housing,transport) instead of feeling superior to him(doesn't get votes) otherwise we suffer till2019
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by mikolo80: 12:23am On Dec 06, 2014
domack99:
That's the way an average Nigerian thinks, always with sentiment and no constructive criticism.

Not seeing any hope for the future
sentiment is constructive,its called freedom of speech and association.what you should do is 6=( him why your(our) candidate is better for him(no stealing,good roads,schools,tractors,power,,fuel,hospital,housing,transport) instead of feeling superior to him(doesn't get votes) otherwise we suffer till2019.do you want to suffer till 2109
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by mikolo80: 12:32am On Dec 06, 2014
ayuse:
sorry to burst ur bubble BUT ALL ELECTIONS are a function of sentiment.as a politician you just have to know which ones to push. (stomach infrastructure,taking popular pictures sweeping gutter or feeding poor,responding to crisis,leading protests,suing to court,open letters etc) all these so called thugs voted for abiolaa cos he was able to play at all levels (scholarshi,sport etc)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? / And They Say Buhari Is An Extremist: Check Out His Daughter. / How To Receive Your 5000 Naira Monthly Stipend Promised By APC In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.