Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? (35461 Views)

Venomous Snakes Invade Ejisu Municipality; Residents Blame Angry Gods / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / The Green Snakes Of Okposi, Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by nicholasis(m): 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Holywizard: 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
Who is really moderating this thread? NONSENSE THING
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by optimusprime2(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
muafrika:
They were probably tryinng to make sence of the existence of polished diamonds. Boas do have glittery, symmetrically patterned scale decorations.
What are you blabbing about
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Fellonigerians: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
tosag:
I have heard from certain people, paricularly aged people that boas when they grow old usually have diamonds that enable them see and hunt. What do you think?

Why waste time asking us?? Go into the forest, find a boa, and confirm whether it has a diamond...
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by shawn3586(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lol
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by kevoh(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
Basic Chemistry explains it all! undecided
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by harmbhrosz(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
Who have seen this movie....conan the barbarian by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Just saying! grin
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by RaeMystix: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
They don't. I think this was a tale that was been told to us, back when we were kids
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by priscaoge(f): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
If they like let them have the whole world I HATE snakes angry angry Even d dead ones scare d living daylight out of me. One reason I don't watch National Geographic Channel undecided undecided
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
optimusprime2:

What are you blabbing about
Reading the entire thread may help.
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by 360command: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
The truth is, thank God for Nat Geo wild and them satellite tv channels etc many would have believed that crap till today.
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
Depends on where the boa, ur 5 elders and u come from. grin
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by optimusprime2(m): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
muafrika:
Reading the entire thread may help.
How does a glittery symetrical scale decoration pattern of the boa attribute to diamonds?
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by shumuel(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
tosag:
I have heard from certain people, paricularly aged people that boas when they grow old usually have diamonds that enable them see and hunt. What do you think?

I dont say what have never seen before, i grew up hearing of it too and yes like you i never believed it, have not seen it face to face before but i have a reason to believe its true, i once watched it in a Documentary, the Boa had a green shining DIAMOND in its mouth 'i believe its called emrald' it was said in the Documentary that the Snake BOA uses it to see at night and the snake guard it jealously, from what i saw back then in the Docu it looks like the Snake was really using it to see at night. Well except the whitemen gave it to it, i think the snakes do use to search for the Green Daimonds and use it for night vision - as the narrator said. But that the Snake would know if you touch the Green Daimond 'Emrald' is the one i don't know of, i heard it as part of the Superstition.

1 Like

Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by dreezybines: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

lol,and every snake handler aint a millionaire yet...

Says who better do ur research properly
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by benefitzte: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
tosag:
I ve heard same too. In my prim schul there was a place we were not allowed to play because of this diamond-carrying boa that we were told by hunters d same thing u talked about.
Are u sure we are not from d same village grin
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Guykhena(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
dreezybines:

Says who better do ur research properly

na wa o,is comprehension your problem? Can't you tell I was being sarcastic
I still don't why peeps like you just get too serious all of a sudden... undecided
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Sparkle777(f): 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lolz, come to think of it. I ve hrd this years ago, it was wildly believed that some big snakes have diamonds in them which they threw up to enable them see in the dark. Lolz. Nat Geo Wild have been a good teacher.
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by HillarieP(m): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lols, nice one tho. But i don't think they have something like that.
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by tosongolabeaty: 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
Try to be there

Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Mprex(f): 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
Op, you should have added pix of the snake na.
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
Guykhena:

lol,and every snake handler aint a millionaire yet...

Dem go tell u? Op na true oh boas eat only diamonds but tricky to extract cos u have to stick ur hands inside dia mouth while they are alive or else the fairies go vex take am
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by chiochio1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
I schooled in France and i have not seen a boa before, a picture will do
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by MrCork: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
....Nigerian snakes wear home made ear rings...so I hear! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Hero10001: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
Chai see Gullible nigga..
You no go school ni?
Diamond is made up of Carbon, it's a metalloid that's got no use in a living system.
I.e you can't find it in animals except in extremly rare cases where an animal ingest the gem during feeding.
Na too much fairy tales dey worry the OP.

1 Like

Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Hero10001: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
kevoh:
Basic Chemistry explains it all! undecided
Osheyy..
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by sleek82(m): 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
anath:
Yes u are right ,I did chemistry in secondary sch but I hav never heard of snake producing diamond for once. That is really superstition. I made front page today. Hu la la!
even if snakes do have or dont have diamonds, is it in chemistry they will teach you?
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by AJ01(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
Teempakguy:
if they had diamonds, they would have been extinct by now.
hehehehehe grin. Not only that I will personally train dem....infact my backyard will be full of boa snakes... grin
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by delishpot: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Holly me, wrong post.
Ehm, OP I heard about that too as a child. I believe many kids from the south side of naija or around then Bendel state would have heard so too.
Some snakes have scales that look like preciouse stones and glitter too when the snake moves we all know snakes shed their skins from time to time meaning they get plenty of stones in their burrow from their shed skins grin that is why some believe they have diamonds in their holes.
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by Sammyblaq(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
priscaoge:
If they like let them have the whole world I HATE snakes angry angry Even d dead ones scare d living daylight out of me. One reason I don't watch National Geographic Channel undecided undecided
Hate and scarey na when en carry money...make I jam am en go dey scared of me. #iboboy
Re: Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? by 2prexios: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
shumuel:

I dont say what have never seen before, i grew up hearing of it too and yes like you i never believed it, have not seen it face to face before but i have a reason to believe its true, i once watched it in a Documentary, the Boa had a green shining DIAMOND in its mouth 'i believe its called emrald' it was said in the Documentary that the Snake BOA uses it to see at night and the snake guard it jealously, from what i saw back then in the Docu it looks like the Snake was really using it to see at night. Well except the whitemen gave it to it, i think the snakes do use to search for the Green Daimonds and use it for night vision - as the narrator said. But that the Snake would know if you touch the Green Daimond 'Emrald' is the one i don't know of, i heard it as part of the Superstition.

some folks are really watching ..."Docu-horror" these days

I don run

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prince Uchechukwu NNAM-Obi At The Nchaka Festival Of Omoku, Rivers State Photos / Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque: The Last Igbo Minstrels / #10YearsChallenge: Oba Elegushi And Tinubu 10 Years Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.