Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture (52480 Views)

So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 / Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
Nigerian leaders can not be like Mandela for the simple reason they like power, money and oppression. Not until they know what is selflessness they'll remain bunch of primitive human beings they are known for.
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Remii(m): 9:06am On Dec 06, 2014
naptu2:

Alhaji Rilwanu Lukman and Alabo Tonye Graham Douglas.

in the middle is Prof Aliyu Babs Fafunwa
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:23am On Dec 06, 2014
Remii:

in the middle is Prof Aliyu Babs Fafunwa

Yes, that's true. He was the Minister of Education at the time (he was later replaced by Ben Nwabueze).
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2014
Truman155:
babangida steal bongos ikwe wife no comment

That's just a rumour. Bongos Ikue said that he only met Maryam once.
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2014
willorie:
SUV back then ehn cheesy cheesy
u no fid compare them with the ones we have now
JEEZ! I no fid laugh

SUVs were mainly used as review vehicles and shepherds at that time (Mainly the Mercedes Benz G Wagon [predecessor of the G Class] and the Land Rover Defender. There were many of them at CVU. The Land Rover Discovery joined the fleet around '92 or '93).

1 Like

Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2014
DogKings:
;DWat intrested me most was the kind of cars they used! And Gen. Sani Abacha

Then I suspect that you'll like my next thread (if I can find the time to finish it).
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by anonimi: 9:34am On Dec 06, 2014
naptu2:

That's just a rumour. Bongos Ikue said that he only met Maryam once.

Wetin you expect the guy to say na smiley
And MEETing once is more than enough sef cheesy
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:35am On Dec 06, 2014
patwilly:

Naptu why is Nyako wearing a beard? isn't it unmilitary?

It's discouraged, but quite a few senior military officers had beards. Captain Olufemi Olumide also had a beard in the 1970s.

1 Like

Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2014
anonimi:

Wetin you expect the guy to say na smiley
And MEETing once is more than enough sef cheesy

So you have proof?
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 9:37am On Dec 06, 2014
M16:

Point of correction. Alhaja Lateefa Okunnu is the mother of Justice Okunnu

Thanks. Corrected.
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
I've finally found it again.

After Mandela’s release from jail in 1990, he visited Nigeria, and received a $10 million campaign contribution for the ANC. There were great expectations that these developments would mark the birth of a strong alliance between Africa’s two powerhouses.
http://m.iol.co.za/article/view/e/1.1514369
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by willorie(f): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
naptu2:

SUVs were mainly used as review vehicles and shepherds at that time (Mainly the Mercedes Benz G Wagon [predecessor of the G Class] and the Land Rover Defender. There were many of them at CVU. The Land Rover Discovery joined the fleet around '92 or '93).

hmmm
wetin?
no be me raised the alarm?
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by SenatorJames(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
God bless Nelson Mandela, any where he is. History is very interesting.

Wait oooo, I can see many people in those pictures of 1990, when i was less than 10 years, that are still our leaders today after 24 years, some are still contesting for one office or the other. My question is

When is the tomorrow our teachers told us over 20 years ago, we are leaders of?

1 Like

Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by colossus91(m): 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
akpeyi in post?? over 3.5 sure!!
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
A true hero, regardless of what a few critics say, he did his best for his people's freedom and peace.
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by AreaFada2: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2019
Cool.
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Racoon(m): 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Histroy was made back then.
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Ucee1999: 4:23pm On May 12, 2020
Racoon:
Histroy was made back then.
Yes of course
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dr Mandela wearing his GCFR medal at State House, Marina in 1990.

Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Racoon(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nice thread @ naptu2.Histroy well documented for younger generations to learn from.Pls how do you insert the pictures into the thread?
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by naptu2: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
Racoon:
Nice thread @ naptu2.Histroy well documented for younger generations to learn from.Pls how do you insert the pictures into the thread?

Thank you.

Here's how to insert a picture into your post.

1) You need to use these codes [img] [/img], the same way that you use your bold codes or the codes that you use to adjust the size of your text.

2) Copy the web address (url) of the picture and paste it into your post.

3) The web address usually begins with https. Remove the 's', so that it becomes http (your picture won't show if you don't remove the 's'.

4) Place the web address between the [img] and [/img] codes.

Here is an example. Quote this post and read it so that you can see the web address of the picture below.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11854445_1496286101518229823235192146935723o_jpega65b7f1e111a61463034b5553b79c11e

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Racoon(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
naptu2:
Thank you.Here's how to insert a picture into your post.
1) You need to use this codes [img] [/img], the same way that you use your bold codes or the codes that you use to adjust the size of your text.
2) Copy the web address (url) of the picture and paste it into your post.
3) The web address usually begins with https. Remove the 's', so that it becomes http (your picture won't show if you don't remove the 's'.
4) Place the web address between the [img] and [/img] codes.
Thanks so much sir.I observe you're a living encyclopedia on this forum especially on music & politics.Seems you were associated with Dodan Barracks happenings back then like me too.It was really an era filled with interesting intrigues. cheesy
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Heyzee5: 9:28am On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmm rare gem.
Rip.
Truly rare!
Re: Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture by Babakolanut(m): 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
See how time flies!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment / Patrick Obahiagbon Picks APC Nomination Form For Senate (Photos) / The Boy That Intercepted First Suicide Bomber That Attacked Borno Mosque (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.