Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode (32003 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:
All Yorubas especially Osunites keep claiming Lagos.

and so? Should it be aproblem as fellow Yorubas to claim a commonwealth with my kins?

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Descartes: 8:37am On Dec 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Section 177 of the Constitution gives the following as the qualification for election to the office of Governor of a State:
a. he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
b. he has attained the age of 35 years;
c. he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
d. he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.
Somebody should show me where indigene is here.

It seems you are not getting the issue at hand undecided

We are talking about PERJURY here which is a serious crime under the LAW undecided
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2014
ladunsky:
abeg this is early momo, i dont know the dude... Wheather he lied is none of my business.. What im just saying is everyone of them is fond of this behaviour... One parry loses and the next thingy is to go dig into past... So do not be rude to me..

There has been resentment of Ambode's claim of being an Epe man within the APC before their primaries.

The issue on ground is that Ambode can aspire for the post of Governor irrespective of his origins it is the lie and fraud he perpetuated claiming to be an Epe man.

How would you react if somebody from God's knows where came and started claiming that you share the same parenthood because of personal selfish ambitions?

This is an insult to the true Lagosians who are not happy with their Yoruba settlers who claim their land more than them.

How many Lagosians have been caught claiming Osun? None! But every single Osun man feels Lagos belongs to them.

FYI, I am a Lagosian from a prominent Creole family but you don't see me claiming Lagos here or any where else.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2014
StBlack1:

and so? Should it be aproblem as fellow Yorubas to claim a commonwealth with my kins?

How many Lagosians have claimed Osun state?

How many Lagosians have contested positions for another Yoruba state?

You Osunites should remain in that your hinterland enclave and leave Lagos for Lagosians.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

There has been resentment of Ambode's claim of being an Epe man within the APC before their primaries.

The issue on ground is that Ambode can aspire for the post of Governor irrespective of his origins it is the lie and fraud he perpetuated claiming to be an Epe man.

How would you react if somebody from God's knows where came and started claiming that you share the same parenthood because of personal selfish ambitions?

This is an insult to the true Lagosians who are not happy with their Yoruba settlers who claim their land more than them.

How many Lagosians have been caught claiming Osun? None! But every single Osun man feels Lagos belongs to them.

FYI, I am a Lagosian from a prominent Creole family but you don't see me claiming Lagos here or any where else.
.. Loooooool.. I get your point Sir... Your last paragraph... No comment o.....
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2014
ladunsky:
.. Loooooool.. I get your point Sir... Your last paragraph... No comment o.....

You don't need to comment or belief me.

My name alone is synonymous with Lagosian.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

You Osunites should remain in that your hinterland enclave and leave Lagos for Lagosians.
the money is in Lagos IMO... The good things are in Lagos... Scholarships et al., i know people who personally are enjoying from the fruits of being an indigene of Lagos... So don t blame anyone...
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

You don't need to comment or belief me.

My name alone is synonymous with Lagosian.

where u come from is none of my P..........! Everyone should just do the needful and our country will be a better place... Corruption and Lies are the order of the day..
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 06, 2014
ladunsky:
the money is in Lagos IMO... The good things are in Lagos... Scholarships et al., i know people who personally are enjoying from the fruits of being an indigene of Lagos... So don t blame anyone...

If I was a from Somalia I would still be proud of my heritage.

Economic factors should not make you disown your heritage.

We are after all Africans and Nigerians whose identity is foremost before other things.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2014
ladunsky:
where u come from is none of my P..........! Everyone should just do the needful and our country will be a better place... Corruption and Lies are the order of the day..

The last piece of your comment is what Ambode is guilty of.

If he did not lie of his heritage it wont disqualify him from contesting the post.

He has been in the employment of the LASG since 1999 and such he knows the working of govt more than other contenders.

He did not have to lie.

Simple.

This alone has disqualified him in my book.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Abiolainfo: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2014
LeStylo:

The permutations had favoured Hamzat until the massive call for a christian candidate echoed even by CAN! The divisive requests are a bunch of nonsense.

But truth be told, Ambode really has an intimidating CV, than any other contestant. The was fully born and bred in Lagos. He's adopted the ways of life of Lagosians, what else makes a Lagosian?!

That's true but I still prefer Hamzat workahoic and CV than Ambode cheesy grin
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

First, I'm no Osun indigene but still a full-fledged Yoruba. Lagos state is a commonwealth of my fatherland & isn't only for indigenes of Lagos. Aworis, owners of Lagos hold political posts in Ogun state FYI & hence, their tribal kinsmen have the same right to come and share the good of Lagos with them. That will be another issue if a non-Yoruba is allowed to govern in Yorubaland.

Second, tribal politics has come to stay & there ain't any going back on it. Its foolhardy for a London indigene to allow one crazy pazzo from France to come & allow him govern him in Britain. That will be spell on him if that happens. But a Mancunian from Manchester doing so is VERY DIFFERENT than that pazzo from France. A Yoruba fom Osun, Kogi, etc can govern Lagos just like Aworis from Lagos govern in Ogun. But one useless appendage doing so s very unacceptable.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

If I was a from Somalia I would still be proud of my heritage.

Economic factors should not make you disown your heritage.

We are after all Africans and Nigerians whose identity is foremost before other things.

And I don't think anyone here mentioned or said anything about not being proud of their origin. You sef claiming or forming Yoruba boy. Do you not know your history
Creoles: immigrant Freed slaves from fc.UK knows where forming Yoruba's in Nigeria.

The Aworis(Awo-ri) on the forum are not here bitchi.ng so what the fc.UK is your problem. I don't like Tinubu or whatever he stands for but If you have a problem with him or Ambode, take your battle to bourdillon and not this gra-gra you are displaying on Nairaland.

You might be wondering where I am from. Doesn't really matter. All I know is I am Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by omazus: 9:09am On Dec 06, 2014
It is a project. To make Lagos a somebody's land is a massive project.
Oluwatosean:
lol, i wonda y an ondosian will pretend to be a lagosian
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by anonimi: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Section 177 of the Constitution gives the following as the qualification for election to the office of Governor of a State:
a. he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
b. he has attained the age of 35 years;
c. he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
d. he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.
Somebody should show me where indigene is here.

Did he LIE under oath or not
Did anyone FORCE him to tell a LIE?

He must have been thouroughly coached by Alhaji LIE Muhammed sad
They only forgot they were not dealing with the usual MUMU public but rather with the LAW shocked
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by hayoakins(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2014
He was born and bred in Lagos, wasn't he? He can also claim to be a Lagosian but clinging to family tree forcefully is the issue.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Sheggy13(m): 9:39am On Dec 06, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:

If you know the history and heritage of Ijebus, Aworis and Ilajes in places like Epe, Ikorodu, Bariga and Ojo in Lagos, u won't argue this man is not a Lagosian. Just the same way u claim you're a Lagosian from Creole, so also can an Ilaje person claim to be a Lagosian cos your ancestors both came to settle there from time immemorial. Ilajes majorly u find along the coastal areas of Lagos. I am an Ilaje person myself so I know what I'm saying. The only way I have a problem with him is perhaps claiming a family in Epe that doesn't see him as part of them.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 06, 2014
Tired of Nairaland unending argument, the man llied.

The same way he will lie about expenditure on projects when he assumes office.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by kennylawd: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2014
Perjury can only be sustained against him if his claim can be found to be untrue. His Dad is from Ondo so he has the right to claim Ondo state. He was born in Lagos state and lived in Lagos state for more than 50 years besides he has worked in the civil service for more than 20 years and paid his tax and as well appointed as Accountant General of the state. Therefore even if he is not from Lagos since he has served the state on that official capacity-Accountant General for that matter and was not found wanting and still collect his Pension from Lagos state, Then Perjury is no case against him. Let his opponents go and look into his service record for incriminating evidence but this one is Not Perjury.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by ibedun: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2014
I know many Londoners and New Yorkers with Nigerian heritage and many Parisians with French African heritage and have lived in those cities all their lives. BUT dem no born them well to commot say dey wan rule those cities.

Thats when they would be told where they come from.

Ambode is Yoruba and for that reason alone he is qualified.

He is in Yoruba land. If Ambode was in the East or North, I would say "you are on your own son"

As per our wuru wuru constitution (and that 10 year nonsense), well there is "theory" and their is "practice"

Apart from monthly allocation and immunity clause, our constitution is mere theory. Ask any sitting president.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by kotunowo(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2014
If Ambode is going to be disqualified what is going to happen to hamzat whose father is already a king in Ogun state.Akiolu is never a full for being hurry to endorse Ambode he wouldn't want to be a subject under king Hamzat of Ogun state
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by kennylawd: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

If you know the history and heritage of Ijebus, Aworis and Ilajes in places like Epe, Ikorodu, Bariga and Ojo in Lagos, u won't argue this man is not a Lagosian. Just the same way u claim you're a Lagosian from Creole, so also can an Ilaje person claim to be a Lagosian cos your ancestors both came to settle there from time immemorial. Ilajes majorly u find along the coastal areas of Lagos. I am an Ilaje person myself so I know what I'm saying[b]. The only way I have a problem with him is perhaps claiming a family in Epe that doesn't see him as part of them.[/b][b][/b]
Permit me to clarify this, Even under customary laws your father or even family denying or say denouncing you does not take your citizenship away from you. And those people you refer to claiming he is not part of them said so from the biological point of view and not psychological point because he was born and bred in their clan.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by bigtt76(f): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2014
I see a different party other than PDP or APC rulling Lagos if care is not taken undecided
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by Dreambeat: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2014
What is the correct definition of STATE OF ORIGIN? This should be the basis of our discussion before accusing him of perjury.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by lolababe331e: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2014
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/05/25/ambode-is-a-true-lagosian-mogaji-of-edu-family/

The last may not have been heard of the indigeneship tussle of Akinwumi Ambode, governorship aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Party (APC) in Lagos State. The Head and Mogaji of the Edu family has debunked reports that he is not from the Edu family in Epe Local Government, Lagos.

A newspaper on Saturday reported that the former Accountant-General of Lagos State is not a Lagosian but from Ilaje in Ondo State, who is laying claims to the Edu family indigenous to Epe Town.

Speaking exclusively to P.M. NEWS in Epe, Pa Lamoriyu Adisa Edu, said Ambode’s link to the family can be traced to Ashiata Edu, the great grand mother to Ambode.

“I am assuring you that Akinwunmi Ambode is a true son of Edu family. His great grandmother whose name is Ashiata Edu, gave birth to three children, two sons and a daughter. It is her only daughter who gave birth to Ambode’s mother. So would you say because he was given birth to by a daughter of Edu, that he is not a son of the family?

“All what you read in the news is complete falsehood, adulterated family history and it is meant to score cheap political points by political opponents, which is unfortunate,” he said.

The octogenarian noted that as the custodian of the family’s history, he is in a better position to speak for the family, dismissing the duo of Alhaji M. Oladeinde Edu and Alhaji T. A. Edu. He said the Edu family uses a Mogaji not a Baale has its head.

Collaborating the position of the Mogaji, Mrs. Kafilat Agbadanla, alias Iya Elero, took our correspondent to the house of Akinwunmi Ambode’s mother situated within the Edu Family compound on Ashabi Street, Epe.

Iya Elero in her statement claimed to have lived with Ambode’s mother in the same house, thus, stating as false the position that one Iya Vice gave birth to Ambode.

“There is nobody bearing Iya Vice as mentioned in the news report, that name does not exist. I only know of Iya Vick, who sells food at Epe Grammar School,” adding that, “She is Ambode’s stepmother not his mother.”

This place — pointing to the newly renovated house — is Ambode mother’s house. It was a mud house renovated two years ago and it is situated within the Edu family compound. The Mogaji is the Head of Edu Family and he has just confirmed who Ambode is to you,” she said.

It could be recalled that the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, Eleko Of Eko, had a few days ago at a book launch in honour of Ambode, affirmed that he is a a son of Epe.

Below is the picture of the House identified as Ambode Mother’s house on Ashabi street and also the picture of the family head.

This interview was done in May 25 by journalists who actually went to the edu family and didn't sit in his office concocting stories.

The head of the family is confident enough to have his picture taken and published unlike the so called nameless sources .

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by JEITO: 10:53am On Dec 06, 2014
Lagos is indeed a "No MAN's LAND" any tom,dick and harry can come and be anything in Lagos so make them take am so.

Where's Tinubu from sef

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by adebayoggt(m): 11:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Ambode has won.lasgidian or not.! d people choose him above others.
all haters.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by joeyekembele: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2014
I know exactly where is biting these people. Tinubu contested, won and led as a governor 4 8 years, Fashola also did. History had it that these were not Lagosians by origin. No such petitions. It is simply because he is a xtian.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by emmatok(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
ibedun:
I know many Londoners and New Yorkers with Nigerian heritage and many Parisians with French African heritage and have lived in those cities all their lives. BUT dem no born them well to commot say dey wan rule those cities.

Thats when they would be told where they come from.

Ambode is Yoruba and for that reason alone he is qualified.

He is in Yoruba land. If Ambode was in the East or North, I would say "you are on your own son"

As per our wuru wuru constitution (and that 10 year nonsense), well there is "theory" and their is "practice"

Apart from monthly allocation and immunity clause, our constitution is mere theory. Ask any sitting president.

LIES
Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by nduchucks: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
As stated in the article, the issue of state of origin, forgery and perjury is not unique to Ambode as his godfather the Asiwaju was also bedevilled by same and till this day remains uncleared.

What this means is that the burden of proof lies on his accusers. It is not enough to produce a photocopied or doctored document as evidence in this case as it will not be admitted by any judge. By the time Ambode's accusers stop fighting the case, Ambode would have finished his second term in office. You people are learners.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by domido(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
So what they are saying is,when am ready in 2019 to contest,they will dig up my JAMB form when i've stayed in Lagos for almost 20yrs? Make una park well joor. Very soon one Bini man will rule Lagos. Lagos is for everybody.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Slams Nnamdi Kanu Over 2019 Elections, Blasts 'Buhari Double' / I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi / Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.