Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina (32006 Views)

Borno-based Man and His Predictions Of 2019 Presidential Election state by state / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by IbomRant: 11:53pm On May 01, 2020
ENEMY OF THE STATE BY FEMI ADESINA

You have possibly watched the 1998 action-thriller film with the above title, starring Will Smith. It was the box office hit story about a group of people plotting to kill an American Congressman, and the tape of the plot was discovered.

Well, an Enemy of the State struck in Nigeria on Monday, but this time, it was no fiction. It was real life act of sabotage from somebody who does not wish his own country well at all, and who derived a sinister kind of pleasure from undermining the system.

President Muhammadu Buhari was to broadcast to the country by 8 p.m, to give an update on the battle against COVID-19, and what becomes of the lockdown that had lasted four weeks, particularly in the Federal Capital Territory, Lagos and Ogun States. Kano was also a point of heavy interest, with the strange deaths ravaging the state. Was it COVID-19 or not?

As the country waited for the President with great expectations, a purported copy of the broadcast began to circulate on social media from about 4 p.m.Whodunnit?

I took a look at the circulating document, and within one minute, I knew that it was a rogue copy. What immediately gave it away was the paragraphing. It was completely different from the one I had been part of producing, and which had been recorded for broadcast by the President.

Another tell-tale to the dubiousness of the document was the date it gave. It said the lockdown in the affected states and the FCT would be eased from May 2, while the authentic copy bore May 4. There were some other discrepancies. Paragraphs that had been excised from the final copy were still intact, and the document was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, which you would rarely find in a presidential broadcast, which would have passed through a number of select and trusted hands.

I made a few phone calls to those of us involved with the script, right from origination, which was from outside the Presidency, to final editing, which I did, and the conclusion was easy to reach. Somebody had spirited out the original draft, which had gone through many stages of fine-tuning in terms of content and language, and thinking that it was a world exclusive in terms of artifice and underhand action, he fed it into the social media.

Who would do such a thing, except an Enemy of the State, someone who wants to ridicule the government, cause utmost confusion in the polity, and smirk his lips in malevolent pleasure, as the government, and possibly the media handlers of the President were flagellated, and taken to the cleaners.

Yoruba people talk of ‘ba ase je.’ Somebody who spoils the feast. Everybody is rejoicing and making merry, and he comes to pollute their joy. He could bring extremely bad news that sends everyone scurrying home, or looking for cover. He could even urinate in the big pot of soup in the full glare of the merrymakers. Or he could pour sand in the big pot of rice on the fire. Ba ase je (spoiler of the feast) can strike in many ways. That was the same thing the Enemy of the State did.

Igbo people speak of the proverbial lizard that ruined his own mother’s funeral. That was what the hidden hostile hand did. But he forgot that in these days of technology, almost everything leaves a trail. Before the end of that evening, computer evidences had narrowed down the suspect, and he was already answering for his evil action.

There is the house mouse called ‘oofon ‘ in Yoruba. And there is a delicious soup made from beans called ‘gbegiri.’ Yes, do you remember the popular amala and gbegiri politics as championed by Lamidi Adedibu in Oyo State in those days? That’s the soup I’m talking about. What happens when the house mouse urinates inside the bowl of gbegiri soup? Lassa fever! That’s why we have the Yoruba saying; oofon to si gbegiri, ki eleko ko eko e dani. Translating this into English makes it lose some originality, but let me try. The house mouse has urinated in the pot of gbegiri soup, let all merrymakers find their ways home. That was what the evil mind attempted to do by leaking the presidential broadcast hours before it came. But he fired blank, having laid hands on a wrong copy.
However, if that person had got the final, authentic copy, that is the same way he would have leaked it. To what end, to what purpose? Sinister. Sneaky. Hateful.

Some people hate their own country, and ironically would be the first to complain that things were not going well. Every act of the government (any government) they would undermine. If they can stick a knife into the soft underbelly of government in any way, they do it with relish, and would be the first to grumble that things were not going right. Enemies of the State.

If the person that leaked the unedited draft of the broadcast had access to more sensitive national documents, he would do the same thing. If he cottons on information that could sell Nigeria to the enemy, ho would gladly do it. Thou art in the midst of foes, watch and pray.

I am surprised that a large number of people, including newspaper houses, fell for the gambit. They took their information from the wrong source, and ended up publishing falsehood. That was what the Enemy of the State wanted. Cause maximum confusion. And he succeeded to some extent.

There is a way we release information from the media office of the President. And the media knows it. If a presidential speech was to be given ahead, there would be an embargo on it for a particular time. The circulating copy bore no embargo, yet they fell for it. And got embarrassed by publishing inaccurate information. Serves them right, do you say? The final copy was released by 8.06 p.m, good enough time for a newspaper to still produce and get early to market for the next day.
The social media is being used for every purpose: good and bad. It is the bastion of fake news, hate news, concoctions and all sorts of conjurations. Will the users and consumers be more discerning? It is said that the person that stole a keg of palm oil from the rafter is not the only thief. The person that collected the keg from him is also a rogue. Those who began to share an obvious leak, rebroadcasting it, are also not guiltless. Be quick to hear, and slow to speak.
It was amusing to me to hear armchair critics blaming the media office of the President for the leakage. Ignorance. Why pontificate about what you don’t know? They were on radio and television stations the next morning, magisterially shooting breeze. It was Dr Reuben Abati, immediate past media adviser to a President who gave some proper perspectives on how a presidential broadcast is originated and produced, and how it was improbable that the leakage came from the Presidency. The lesson? Seek information, get your facts right, before arriving at a conclusion, lest you look foolish and uninformed.

Some people are not interested in the well being of their own country. Sad, very sad. Such would sell their mothers, and their country for thirty pieces of silver. Thou art in the midst of foes, watch and pray.

.Adesina is Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Buhari

https://www.femiadesina.com/enemy-of-the-state-by-femi-adesina/?fbclid=IwAR1sL4BNoHYjcTNRMlTNDmlO9EulYBQW2abCtN1UFVpoati5LZWVt4Sch4E

The Spy They Caught In Aso Villa

Opinion:
Nobody would take this kind of risk except they were being sponsored - and why would people bankroll this kind of mischief? I am glad the mole has been identified and fishedout - security agents will have to keep an eagle eye in case there are more.

Unpatriotic citizens are capable of selling their nations for a pot of soup and there is nothing as dangerous as a spy in one’s bedroom.

This fellow, if he has not done so already, is capable of giving highly classified military intelligence reports to Boko Haram. I am relieved this is over.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by PresidentAtiku(m): 11:55pm On May 01, 2020
Oga Femi just shut the Bleep up

If you had shame you would have resigned

258 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by josen16322(m): 11:58pm On May 01, 2020
omo dis yo note long ooh by d way will smith and regina king all d way wink

9 Likes

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by yyba: 12:08am On May 02, 2020
PresidentAtiku:

are you a member of IPOB ? just asking for a friend.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:11am On May 02, 2020
yyba:
are you a member of IPOB ? just asking for a friend.
No. Amotekun...

He is a shameless man

216 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by IduNaOba: 12:12am On May 02, 2020
Mtcheeewwwwwwww I think say na better gist

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by doggedfighter(f): 12:21am On May 02, 2020
All the essay for what?
Will it bring money?
Mtchewwwwwwwwww

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by chisani(m): 2:08am On May 02, 2020
Don't be stupid to lose wisdom to knowledge, you will lose understanding. Femi trying to make up for the errors.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Gadafii: 4:55am On May 02, 2020
Its rather unfortunate that buhari had to wait for prepared speech to speak to his people,he couldn't speak from his mind how he felt about this whole mess of a virus, but like a robot he was reading a drafted speech that didnt even address the main issue of what plans they have In place to curtail the continuous spread, what our scientists or researchers are doing, if there is any at all, how well to make Nigerians really stay at home by sharing sustenance,(not that dead decayed rice) like groceries,diaries etc, how many isolation centers we have, how many ICU incubators, are they looking forward to patronizing locally made ones etc etc...but that old man just wanted to announce the lockdown will be lifted on 4th of may and after then "you can go outside and enjoy ur self, its left to God and your immune system" I mean what kind of dumb speech was that

Buhari has nothing to offer,he should shamefully resign to his cows in DAura, its really a tough one to be on the side if buhari and still be defending his incompetent and mediocrity, how do u see black and continue to address it as white is beyond my imagination..APC is a bloody cult, they only know how to borrow money,loot it leave nigerians to die like chicken

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by LibertyRep: 5:06am On May 02, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Lipscomb(m): 5:10am On May 02, 2020
You mean president should address a whole country without write up? Your education is totally wasted.
Gadafii:
Its rather unfortunate that buhari had to wait for prepared speech to speak to his people,he couldn't speak from his mind how he felt about this whole mess of a virus, but like a robot he was reading a drafted speech that didnt even address the main issue of what plans they have I place to curtail the continuous spread, what our scientist or researchers are doing, if there is any at all, how well to make Nigerian really stay at home by sharing sustenance,(not that dead decayed rice) like groceries,diaries etc, how many isolation centers we have, how many ICU incubators, are they looking forward to patronizing locally made ones etc etc...but that old man just wanted to announce the lockdown will be lifted on 4th of may and after then "you can go outside and enjoy ur self, its left to God and your immune system" I mean what kind of dumb speech was that

Buhari has nothing to offer,he should shamefully resign to his cows in DAura, its really a tough one to be on the side if buhari and still be defending his incompetent and mediocrity, how do u see black and continue to address it as white is beyond my imagination..APC is a bloody cult, they only know how to borrow money,loot it leave nigerians to die like chicken

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Gadafii: 5:12am On May 02, 2020
Lipscomb:
You mean president should address a whole country without write up? Your education is totally wasted.
with write up what did he achieve with it, other than to announce may 4th as the day we "can go outside and enjoy our self..its left to God and our immune system"

Was that part of the write up too, I can see u are very educated, but a dullard without a certificate is lording over you and u can't complain grin

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Randy100: 5:17am On May 02, 2020
They prepared a speech for the lifeless one and still leaked the speech. I had a dream that one day the lifeless one will call a media chat, with punch, Ait, Saharareporters and other media outlet sitting together with the lifeless one in the table of brotherhood, bombarding him with questions. I have a dream but it will never happen because the lifeless one is the most shy vindictive human being alive,

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Corporate2020: 6:05am On May 02, 2020
PresidentAtiku:

Like Ngozi Iwealla did when she started borrowing to pay Salaries while Oil price was relatively high. She was borrowing to pay Salaries while imPatience Jonathan and her gang of 40 thieves were getting fatter. Imagine borrowing from World Bank and IMF and then sharing the money among your friends. Thunder will strike some people and their generation will never grow.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Tunde835(m): 6:18am On May 02, 2020
Naija
Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by crestedaguiyi: 6:22am On May 02, 2020
Yoruba gutter media and their defence of evil .

Femi adesina has no shame left in him.

Shey the guy also edited the video to show a previous date on the screen while streaming

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by gloriaunobi(f): 6:27am On May 02, 2020
In summary, who leak the information?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Afolabimills(m): 6:36am On May 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

Like Ngozi Iwealla did when she started borrowing to pay Salaries while Oil price was relatively high. She was borrowing to pay Salaries while imPatience Jonathan and her gang of 40 thieves were getting fatter. Imagine borrowing from World Bank and IMF and then sharing the money among your friends. Thunder will strike some people and their generation will never grow.
oga z pls face d topic here

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Afolabimills(m): 6:37am On May 02, 2020
Whoever wrote that trash should b thrown in d trash bin were they belong with the useless incompetent govt

22 Likes

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by kalufelix(m): 7:17am On May 02, 2020
I can categorically tell you the audio spy is a yoruba.. They are known gossips and mischief makers that speaks with both sides of the mouth to cause trouble and clash of heads just like obasanjo... Maybe that kemi woman has finally been uprooted from the villa...

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by sammyj: 7:22am On May 02, 2020
cool This is ordinary epistle if the name of the traitor is not released. The fact still remains that this was leaked due to the incompetence of the government. I advise check measures be put in place to forestall further it from happening again!! shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by kingPhidel(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2020
op studied or studying sociology.. Some Nigerian university courses sha.... Just like biochem and microbiology could not help us get covid 19 vaccine... Chai

1 Like

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Vulcanheph(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2020
Abeg this spy no get name.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by rusep: 7:50am On May 02, 2020
Gadafii:
Its rather unfortunate that buhari had to wait for prepared speech to speak to his people,he couldn't speak from his mind how he felt about this whole mess of a virus, but like a robot he was reading a drafted speech that didnt even address the main issue of what plans they have In place to curtail the continuous spread, what our scientists or researchers are doing, if there is any at all, how well to make Nigerians really stay at home by sharing sustenance,(not that dead decayed rice) like groceries,diaries etc, how many isolation centers we have, how many ICU incubators, are they looking forward to patronizing locally made ones etc etc...but that old man just wanted to announce the lockdown will be lifted on 4th of may and after then "you can go outside and enjoy ur self, its left to God and your immune system" I mean what kind of dumb speech was that

I can't believe it, somebody can think like this.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by humilitypays(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2020
Shameless President and Presidency

13 Likes

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by bunmioguns(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2020
Cry me a river

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by Mannylex(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2020
I am not a fan of this government but indeed that person is an enemy of the state and has tendency of leaking even more classified information. There are still some moles in there that are capable of commiting treason. They need to up their game in the presidency.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina by jericco1(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2020
You guys should be ashamed of yourself.. instead of releasing this epistle, why don't you guys teach the president how to make live broadcast and for once interact with its citizens.. since I have known Buhari, he has never been present for any live event be it presidential debates or anything.. he's a coconut undecided

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yasmine, El-rufai's 25 Year Old Daughter, Found Dead In London / APC Akara Spot Sighted In Edo State (Photo) / "Re-Arrest Kanu, Face Consequences" - Militants Tell FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.