Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Obasanjo Told PDP Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Obasanjo Told PDP Governors (747 Views)

What Obasanjo Taught Me - Femi Kayode / I Don’t Give A Damn What Obasanjo Says About Me — Atiku Abubakar / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Obasanjo Told PDP Governors by Jilo83(m): 2:00am On Dec 07, 2014
More than 24 hours after five governors on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, visited former President Olusegun Obasanjoat his Hilltop Mansion in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, what transpired in the meeting has been revealed.
According to the an investigative report published by Vanguard newspaper, Obasanjo flatly refused to support Jonathan’s re-election bid when the visiting five PDP governors pleaded with him to support the incumbent President.
It was disclosed that Obasanjo maintained his stand against Jonathan’s style of administration, saying the incumbent President didn’t deserve his support.
The five PDP Governors at Obasanjo’s house in Abeokuta.
“He told them the truth as it is that Jonathan’s leadership had really hurt the image of Nigeria at home and abroad and that they themselves should help him to change course so as to help Nigeria and Nigerians out the doldrums.
Re: What Obasanjo Told PDP Governors by Jilo83(m): 2:28am On Dec 07, 2014
On whether Obj tabled any demand as a conditn 4 backin Gej in next year’s presidential poll, d source hinted dat d former head of state did'nt give any conditn n was nt keen on any since he was nt ready 2 back down on his positn.
“Look, let me tell u d truth; Baba stands on his positn concernin Gej n his administrtn n he is nt ready 2 change whatever he had said or written no matter who comes 2 him or nt.
“I can tell u dat if d mission of the 5 govs was sucesful, 1 of dem, who likes 2 talk at evry event, would ve been d 1st 2 speak. What hapend was more of a mission nt accomplished 2 say d truth,” d source said.
D former President was said 2 ve given his visitors sm words of consolation, sayin, ‘d situation in Nigeria 2day is bad bt is nt beyond redemption’. “dat means something can stil be done 2 change it, if there is courage n determinatn 2 do so.”
It was gathered dat Obj accepted 2 receive d 5govs cos of his respect for dem as individuals and politicians who rode to national limelight thu him.
Re: What Obasanjo Told PDP Governors by redcliff: 2:31am On Dec 07, 2014
Nigerian journalists: practising imaginatory journalism since the days of ken sarowiwa..
Re: What Obasanjo Told PDP Governors by holatin(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2014
if na true then Dats good news. no body should support any candidate that can't control s class not to talk of a country

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential: The Odds Against Buhari / Why Goodluck Will WIN / Buhari And The Road To Violence After 2011 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.