Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. (2174 Views)

TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates / Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by zomby(m): 3:22am On Dec 07, 2014
I'm 100% sure that if Goodluck had participated in just one of the multiple presidential debates he successfully dodged during the last presidential election, he wouldn't be our president today.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should not be allowed to play Nigerian voters this time around by systematically avoiding presidential debates. He must be forced to present Nigerians with what he plans to do in the next 4 years in office.
Nigerians are eager to know their next president. Live presidential debates are necessary and must be enforced.
This is the only way the candidates will have the opportunity to openly defend their records and credentials.

I recommend 4 presidential debates before Feb 14, 2015 (1. Security, 2. CORRUPTION 3. Economy and 4. Power supply).

“Debates help you to test the candidates and be able to form an idea; that this candidate has an idea what the problems are. Those are the things that help people to make choices.” He cited the example of the best-known presidential debate in Nigerian history, the one between M.K.O. Abiola and Bashir Tofa, in June 1993. “Immediately, Tofa could not answer what the price of fuel was, it became clear to Nigerians that this was the candidate who was disconnected… We should not have people seeking high office without participating in debates.” By Babatunde Fashola

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by dunkem21(m): 3:37am On Dec 07, 2014
Shatap dia. kiss. Your party, the APC scheduled a presidential debate today but scuttled it because of fear of slaps and daggers. Yet, you want Goodluck to honor a debate that might end with name calling and head butting. We don't want GEJ close to propagandists.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by zomby(m): 4:12am On Dec 07, 2014
Your party, the APC scheduled a presidential debate today but scuttled it because of fear of slaps and daggers. Yet, you want Goodluck to honor a debate that might end with name calling and head butting. We don't want GEJ close to propagandists

I am not a supporter of APC, but a supporter of OPERATION RESCUE NIGERIA
For the record, I just posted a new topic asking for Gov Ajimobi (Oyo State APC governor) to be arrested.

I'm not casting my vote for APC, but voting for a real leader.

Buhari 2015!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by egift(m): 4:26am On Dec 07, 2014
In 2011 when the Debate Organizer refused to give Jonathan the questions before the Debate - Here was what happened:

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

Afterwards had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting in the election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he staged and debated himself ALONE on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by zomby(m): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2014
LoL
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by zomby(m): 4:37am On Dec 07, 2014
Very funny, but also very sad.

Again, I'm 100% sure that if Goodluck had participated in just one of the multiple presidential debates he successfully dodged during the last presidential election, he wouldn't be our president today.

He must not be allowed to get away this time around. He must come out and debate openly with the other candidates.
We want to know our next president and his plans for the next 4 years.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Abbey2sam(m): 4:54am On Dec 07, 2014
Just look at how clueless my president look

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by hushmail: 5:32am On Dec 07, 2014
there is only one debate that gej will MUST attend, that is NEDG

any other debate is simply a matter of personal choice

lets focus on issues here
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Kingsley1000(m): 5:42am On Dec 07, 2014
GEJ VS ROCHAS...who do think would lead the day?who is more eloquent,confident and oratic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by egift(m): 6:08am On Dec 07, 2014
zomby:
Very funny, but also very sad.

Again, I'm 100% sure that if Goodluck had participated in just one of the multiple presidential debates he successfully dodged during the last presidential election, he wouldn't be our president today.

He must not be allowed to get away this time around. He must come out and debate openly with the other candidates.
We want to know our next president and his plans for the next 4 years.

I don't think he has any new plan for Nigeria in the next 4 yrs. If he has such plans, why has he not execute them in the last 6yrs?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by opiaoku: 6:12am On Dec 07, 2014
zomby:

For the record, I just posted a new topic asking for Gov Ajimobi (Oyo State APC governor) to be arrested.

Buhari 2015!

sharap you Coward

gej till 2019

buhari will never smell aso rock in his miserable life

mark my words

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by zomby(m): 6:24am On Dec 07, 2014

mark my words

Chukwu Emeka, you don start again?
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2014
APC are already leading the way in dodging debates

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2014
APC are already leading the way in dodging internal debates within their own party

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2014
opiaoku:

sharap you Coward

gej till 2019

mark my words
Ewu Arewafederation, ebe ki ga? Onye we gi si na eriri o ji ti gi nime ngige gi, i dakwala ya.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by tit(f): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2014
you think GEJ will stop chasing your suicide bombers and strategizing with his war commanders to have a debate with Tinubu or Buhari?
He has better things to do.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:57am On Dec 07, 2014
zomby:

Buhari 2015!
God bless you dear, don't mind the shallow minded mofo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by horlus(m): 7:04am On Dec 07, 2014
[quote author=egift post=28659301]In 2011 when the Debate Organizer refused to give Jonathan the questions before the Debate - Here was what happened:

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

Afterwards had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting in the election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he staged and debated himself ALONE on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img][/quote

Clueless leader]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by holatin(m): 7:11am On Dec 07, 2014
yes. he has been given two much of filter.
Jonathan ! This is an end to your regime

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by 99100(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2014
zomby:

Buhari 2015!

You should be bold enough to tell us you are a Janj.jaweed.

No be only Buhari 2015 na Tifnubu 2015.
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2014
My question is why did APC cancel their own debate?

These guys know how to deflect attention sha!

Why did APC candidates pull out off their own debate?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by BobNeli(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2014
zomby:
I'm 100% sure that if Goodluck had participated in just one of the multiple presidential debates he successfully dodged during the last presidential election, he wouldn't be our president today.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should not be allowed to play Nigerian voters this time around by systematically avoiding presidential debates. He must be forced to present Nigerians with what he plans to do in the next 4 years in office.
Nigerians are eager to know their next president. Live presidential debates are necessary and must be enforced.
This is the only way the candidates will have the opportunity to openly defend their records and credentials.

I recommend 4 presidential debates before Feb 14, 2015 (1. Security, 2. CORRUPTION 3. Economy and 4. Power supply).

“Debates help you to test the candidates and be able to form an idea; that this candidate has an idea what the problems are. Those are the things that help people to make choices.” He cited the example of the best-known presidential debate in Nigerian history, the one between M.K.O. Abiola and Bashir Tofa, in June 1993. “Immediately, Tofa could not answer what the price of fuel was, it became clear to Nigerians that this was the candidate who was disconnected… We should not have people seeking high office without participating in debates.” By Babatunde Fashola

Are u from China? Jonathan has never childed away from presidential debates. Infact, at the last count, he defeated Atiku on that
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by BobNeli(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2014
zomby:

Buhari 2015!
Hahahahaha! Wasted vote. Let him go and contest for the president of garri producing companies. We need Goodluck to Nigeria abeg

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Kolade354(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2014
tit:
you think GEJ will stop chasing your suicide bombers and strategizing with his war commanders to have a debate with Tinubu or Buhari?
He has better things to do.
you are daft when will you sit down and think he spent six yearz at aso rock he cant give us stable power,adequate security of lives and property.
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by KHAYGOLD(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2014
The name of BUARI is now becoming more popular than the so-called. Mr Jonathan. Nawa o
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Iroh88(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2014
egift:
In 2011 when the Debate Organizer refused to give Jonathan the questions before the Debate - Here was what happened:

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]
Dude!!! cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by opiaoku: 8:35am On Dec 07, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Ewu Arewafederation, ebe ki ga? Onye we gi si na eriri o ji ti gi nime ngige gi, i dakwala ya.

trying soo hard to speak igbo but yet it makes you like olodo you are.

ezi ofia
anu mpama

otu nne i

thunder fire your mama there

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by rimms(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2014

Even if the debate takes place pls expect not to have power supply all over the country on the day of the debate. Newly discovered powerless PDP are ready to do anything to push their bad product through. But Nigeria of today is different from yesterday, people are sick of poor leadership, living in poverty with no hope and dying day after day because we have a clueless president.
I support presidential debate 100 percent.
This will surely expose our featherbrained president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by BigB11(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
When is the first presidential debate will be taking place?
I hope all the candidates don't get to see debate questions in advance.
Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
Why did Buhari and co dodge the APC debate?

I think the protest should be all Presidential candidates should be pressed to attend the debate

Nigerians need it

we need at least one debate!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Not Be Allowed To Escape Presidential Debates This Time Around. by wazobiaforu(m): 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
#saynotorunningawayfromdebate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Run Out Of Ideas – Buhari / Is Jonathan Really Bad?? / Nigerian Youths Are Not Ready To Lead This Country!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.