Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (28664 Views)

APC Releases Timetable For Edo Governorship Primaries / BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by netcontact: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2015
The Nigeria Elections Debate Group on Monday in Abuja said the 2015 presidential debates would hold between January 28 and February 5.

The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of NEDG, Mr Sola Omole, disclosed this to newsmen after a meeting of the board, hosted by the former Chairman of Daar Communications Plc, Chief Raymond Dokpesi.

Omole said that the Directors-General of the Presidential Campaign Organisations of the 14 participating political parties would open the floor on January 28.

This, according to him, will be followed by the Vice-Presidential debates, billed for January 29.

He said the debates involving the presidential candidates would hold in two sessions and would climax on February 5.

Omole said the group had contacted all the parties involved, adding that they all support the idea.

“We believe that debates are very important components of the democratic process aimed at giving the candidates the opportunity to speak directly to Nigerians.

“We want the Nigerian community to get used to the business of debating issues and we feel that this is a very strong part of building that culture.

“We have met with all the political parties, those we couldn’t meet directly, we contacted their senior officials and they are very supportive of the initiative,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that NEDG is a coalition of broadcast, civil society and professional organisations, committed to deepening the country’s democracy.

It is also aimed at entrenching an enduring democratic culture through organised television debates since the return of democratic rule in 1999.

NEDG has put together the presidential debates to give the Nigerian electorate an opportunity to hear directly from all the presidential candidates.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nedg-releases-timetable-for-presidential-debates/

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by BokoHaramm: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2015
I will like to hear GMB english and how he will stabilise oil price that day.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by ammyluv2002(f): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2015
Nice! I'm waiting....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2015
Best news of the day!
A pig will always be a pig no matter the rebranding.

Osunbade might represent pa Buhari atleast to save Nigerians from plenty grammatical blunders.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by BokoHaramm: 11:13am On Jan 20, 2015
A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there were five passengers in it .The first passenger was Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one parachute and jumped out of the plane. The second passenger was Aliko Dangote and he said "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm too young to die". So he took the second parachute and jumped out of the plane. The third passenger was General Buhari and. he said: " I'm the person with the highest integrity in Nigeria and I'm about to win presidency so I can't die now, my people still need me". So he took one and jumped out of the plane.Then the remaining two passengers left werePope Francis and a little school girl.The Pope said to the little girl "take the last parachute, I'll sacrifice my life for you".The little girl replied "No need for that. There are two parachutes left".The Pope asked "How come?"The little girl replied; "General Buhari took my school bag"

149 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by johnmartus(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2015
Lai muhammad versus jonathan is okay by me

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by dridowu: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2015
Presidential debate good, GEJ and GMB will be 50/50 but i can't wait to see how Prof Osinbajo will finish Arc Sambo

#FeBuhari14
#SaiBuhari
#VoteGMB/PYO

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2015
Mr Quorruptfion heart go don cut on hearing this news

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by leshluap(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2015
cant wait.....abeg dem ask dem about their qualifications,, I wan hear wetin Buhari wan say!....

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by walemoney007(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2015
I just pray the clueless one won't debate with himself on that day

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by debo07(m): 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Osinbajo vs Sambo.....LMFAO.....Sambo go sh*t for body dat day.I'm confident GMB will also knock off GEJ. #APC CHANGE!!!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by PassingShot(m): 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
JudismphD:

He participated in 2011 while your PhD president was nowhere to be found.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
the clueless one will run away as usual

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
Waiting for Jonathan the Runaway Debater.

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

He had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting the 2011 election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he went ahead debating himself alone on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Joel3(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
[size=25pt]

every government anywhere in the world only performs their very best during the first term, this is to ensure they secure a second term in office and a name for themselves after completion of first term.

This will not only guaranty the people trust but also massive support for the government for second term election, and even for him to enjoy as saying thank you for what you have done for us.

The second term is the season of branding the image the government made for itself in first term struggle.

As far as nigerians are concern for 2009 to 2015 that is 6 years, we can boldly say that this is the best of jonathan. if this is the best of jonathan and the pdp we do not want them again.

What jonathan cannot do for 6years he Simply cannot do for another 4 years.

its not by force, You must be selected by the people to serve them in a public office.

bringing back jonathan will be the biggest mistake nigerians will ever make. And his second term will even be worst with what we are seeing. Jonathan has nothing new to offer and we have seen it all and his best.

Watch his campaign tricks. He is attacking personal characters rather than what he has done for good 6 years.

Lets try someone else, look what jonathan has reduce nigeria to.

Think very well before making decision this february 14

[/size]

108 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by bsolo1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
GMB vs GEJ

DOYIN OKUPE vs LIA MOHAMMED

OSINBAJO vs SAMBO

MAMA PISS vs AISHA BUHARI

RESULT: PDP-0,APC-4

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
It will actually be an insult to Mr president to debate with a stark illiterate.
Buhari is better off debating with someone in his class may be an almajiri sef.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by korel9: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
I can't wait to hear more GMB quotes

"I will pait kwaropshun ip boted intwo fawa"
GMB

"I will stabilaiz world oil farashi (price) ip boted intwo fawa"
GMB
Chai! grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Drfash(f): 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
That's When Buhari will receive the real bashing! No LIAR Mohammed, Tinubu and all his APC goons to speak 4 him. I doubt if buhari is eloquent enough sef. It's not Shouting A-Fee-C and talking by proxy, it's not writing sponsored statements. Na you go dey dia! We shall see who the real 'Clueless' one is. Thank God 4 Debates!

#EnoughOfStateBurials
#SayNoToAnIlliterateRulingProfessors
#GEJTill2019

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by MZdamola(f): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
dridowu:
Presidential debate good, GEJ and GMB will be 50/50 but i can't wait to see how Prof Osinbajo will finish Arc Sambo

#FeBuhari14
#SaiBuhari
#VoteGMB/PYO
Anticipating too.... big smile

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Time to see who has what to offer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by sampson14: 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
I will not like to miss this comedy debate show

The 10 most anticipated Nigerian albums of 2015
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/2655-the-10-most-anticipated-nigerian-albums-of-2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by laurel03(m): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Buhari, Buhari, Buhari, Buhari, Buhari you dont need debate to win ds election... change is sure now. i cant waste my fuel on generator that day because we are not going to get light... Vote 4 person that will jail those people that hv embezled billions of dollars on power. since 1999..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Drfash(f): 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
debate btw an outgoing nd incoming president
saibuhari

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nutase: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
WAFPI
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by OgenemaroKessy(m): 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Very good we really need to hear what they got to offer cos am tired of all this unpromising political talks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Someone said God gathered all the stupidity that should have been for the whole Yorubas and distributed it Fayose,doyin okupe and ffk

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Guidette(f): 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Cant wait for GEJ to expose himself live on TV. Now we will truly know how dumb he really is. Cant wait!!!!

Meanwhile....

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Kingspin(m): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
Good! Let the educated ones vote for Jonathan and the uneducated go for Buhari afterall, like father like son!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
JudismphD:

You mean mr kwarapshan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Visits Tony Elumelu (Photos) / Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' / Femi Fani-Kayode: We Must Never Rely On America To Defend Our Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.