Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial (14584 Views)

PDP Defeats APC, Wins Niger East Senatorial By-election, Premium Times. / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results / Niger East Senatorial By-election Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by obioraval(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Yeaaaa
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by cayorday89(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Oya...chop money politrickians
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Dammyjohn(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Wow!At last.Thank you GOD!Up Ben Bruce!!!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by bigglat: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
EdCure:
Congrats to Ben Bruce

May he lose to the APC candidate.
Yinmu tongue
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by zicoraads: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Senator Heineken...a sitting senator polled 0? shocked
GEJ is working grin
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Caseless: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Senator Heineken Lokpobiri got 0 votes in his zone even as a sitting senator? PDP did not take it easy with these so called senators this time around. Nice one!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by pekeyim: 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
Please don't be misinformed.
Lokpobiri wasn't allowed at the voting Venue yday and another Primary was conducted in the same Sagbama where Lokpobiri was declared the winner.

So it is left for Abuja to decide.

Btw for the Record Foster Ogola was Handpicked by Gov. Dickson.
And Foster was the Chairman Bayelsa State scholarship Board. That held Students fees and stipend for 14 Months and with the help of his Boss Dickson refused to pay bursaries. I guess this is why He's been awarded.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by koikoi2(m): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ebiundu Komonibo 1 vote.

His titles shud be respected.

Engr. Dr. Ebiundu Komonibo

He's my mentor.

I never knew he came back to Nigeria from UK.

The only seasoned, honest, disciplined politician in Bayelsa state.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by IVORY2009(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Congratulations for winning, I hope you are not going to the senate to conduct the most beautiful girl show, neither will you be appointed the chairman senate committee member on most beautiful girl....lol
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by musicwriter(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
I remember seeing Mr. Murray on TV some years back lamenting on the situation of the nation and urging everybody that the right thing to do to bring change is for concerned Nigerians to go back to their villages, cities and vie for electoral offices. That's so right!. Little by little we will get to the promised land. Finally, Nigerians are beginning to realize government belongs to us the people of Nigeria and not a monopoly by select few. Every Nigerian should get interested in politics!.
Wishing Mr. Murray goodluck.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
He stole NTA money to start silverbird. Nigerians don't vote for him
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
Wow congrat...i so must respect this man
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
EdCure:
Congrats to Ben Bruce

I reject that for him
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by icedbreez(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mr Bruce if u like carry our mandate go represent lagos state.
I dont like you, never have. You are a mega businessman employing thousands of staff but never from your home state. When its convenient for you, you claim bayelsa to contest for Governor and the Senate but when its time to open new radio stations, TV stations and SilverBird Galleria you go to everywhere except Yenagoa.
All your family non resides in Yenagoa non do business here and our people are roaming the streets while you do the "Big Car Owner" in lagos, If oga Dokpesi that is not even from here can Open a Radio Station RayPower and TV station AIT to bring the news to us and also employ our people then there is no challenge stopping you that you can tell me. You remember bayelsa state only when there is Election or a Govt Contract to be had. I repeat I dont like you and your saving grace is the fact there is no APC in Bayelsa state if not there is nothing that would have given me greater joy than to see you fail in the general elections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by wolexy2(m): 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
Na so it's
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by benson81(m): 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
EdCure:
Congrats to Ben Bruce

dnt. Worry he is already a senator.he will get 95% plus of total votes during the general elections.mark my words and come back after the elections.there is nothing like apc in Bayelsa state.don't let anybody decieve u ppl.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Orikinla(m): 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
The man they denied becoming the governor of Bayelsa state and he would have started the transformation of Bayelsa into the Dubai of Africa.
The God sent man with the Midas touch.
Another great fellow ex-Gregorian.
UP GREGS FOR LIFE!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by nestaAK(m): 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
BiG congratulations to Him

1 down...
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by periwyte2(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
This is indeed a welcomed developement. We need fresh blood in the system.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by pmc01(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
EdCure:
Congrats to Ben Bruce

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Akiika: 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
drkay:
Congrat ben, more money to ur already fat bank account.
When you have this mindset, why then do you expect them to do anything other than looting. Nigerians' psyche have been messed up, they have come to accept the abnormality as the normal!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by waternogetemeny: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
So Jonathan no wat is good for Bayelsa? Abia needs Ihejirika.

The equivalent to this guy was Soludo but we saw how that played out.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by JOSIG: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
RECREATING NIGERIA THROUGH YOUR VOTES

Looking at the lack of objectivity amongst Nigerians on who to vote leaves one wondering if Nigerians are completely incapable of making good decision for their own benefit. It is surprising that given the current high rate of unemployment, lack of infrastructure especially good roads, poor electricity, irresponsible and unresponsive civil service, brutal and oppressive police, inefficient leadership marred by corruption at all levels and the ever increasing gap between the rich and the poor, Nigerians are still comfortable to base their choice of who to vote on ethnic/tribal, religious and regional sentiments.

These three factors; ethnic/tribal, religious and regional considerations are some of the most unfortunate variables that work against sound decisions. Unfortunately, the 2015 elections have assumed the coloration of all these factors. The majority of the masses have bought into this line of reasoning sold to them by their self-serving elites who cannot articulate better policies and political ideologies while some sections of the media have continued to set ethnic, religious and regional agenda for the people by constantly writing and reporting the ethnic/tribal, religious and regional angles of the future elections. The masses on their part have failed to see that these mundane sentiments have only plunged them into further suffering.

In 1811, Joseph de Maistre (1753-1821) wrote: "Every nation has the government it deserves."Since most Nigerians seem to lack the ability to be inventive in articulating and prioritizing needs that will greatly improve their fortunes as a people, their leaders take them for a ride every now and then knowing that their followers are unable to confront oppressive leadership but can only groan under it. Joshua Wong, a 17 year old, is leading a large protest to challenge China’s decision to vet candidates for elections in Hong Kong when our youths are busy singing the praise of self-serving politicians in exchange for liquor and paltry sums while others are busy perfecting their skills on dancing ‘Doro’, all in the midst of staggering unemployment figures, death traps called roads, poor electricity, unresponsive and irresponsible public servants, oppressive police and corrupt leadership.

There are two ways to get responsive government; the first is by confronting irresponsible and unresponsive ones while the second is by voting in responsible and responsive ones. Since we are not able to take the high road of confronting bad leadership, it is expected that we take the wise path of doing things differently with our votes come 2015. It is time to recreate our collective destiny. We can only recreate our destiny in a positive light if we desist from basing our voting decisions on mundane sentiments which have only kept us down for too long. It is reasonable to think that Nigerians have collective aspiration for employment, reduction of poverty, putting an end to the reckless behaviours of civil servants and security agents as well as elected officials, improvement of power supply, upgrade of infrastructures etc, and it does not matter whether the crop of leaders that will help us achieve all these comes from the west, east, north or south, or even if he is a Christian, Muslim or Traditionalist.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Akiika: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
icedbreez:
Mr Bruce if u like carry our mandate go represent lagos state.
I dont like you, never have. You are a mega businessman employing thousands of staff but never from your home state. When its convenient for you, you claim bayelsa to contest for Governor and the Senate but when its time to open new radio stations, TV stations and SilverBird Galleria you go to everywhere except Yenagoa.
All your family non resides in Yenagoa non do business here and our people are roaming the streets while you do the "Big Car Owner" in lagos, If oga Dokpesi that is not even from here can Open a Radio Station RayPower and TV station AIT to bring the news to us and also employ our people then there is no challenge stopping you that you can tell me. You remember bayelsa state only when there is Election or a Govt Contract to be had. I repeat I dont like you and your saving grace is the fact there is no APC in Bayelsa state if not there is nothing that would have given me greater joy than to see you fail in the general elections.

Is your community business friendly? Most of the youths and community wrapper tying elders are militants that lay siege at offices of companies to demand unfair payments for no services rendered. The present government have popularized militancy to be very lucrative that nobody wishes to work. Think deeply and you'll agree that this is in fact the inconvenient truth.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Reference(m): 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
Omooba77:
Muray Ben Bruce the Chaiman of Silver Bird group Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial seat.

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Oil and Gas, Downstream sector, Senator Emmanuel Paulker and former Director General, Nigerian Television Authority, (NTA), and Chairman of Silverbird Group, Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce have emerged as the ruling People’s Democratic Party, (PDP) flag bearers representing Bayelsa Central and East Senatorial Districts in the 2015 general election.
However, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri lost his re-election bid to the immediate past chairman of the Bayelsa State Scholarship Board, Evangelist Foster Ogola.
This was contained in the result declared by the Chief Returning Officers in the three Senatorial Districts and coordinated by the Chairman, Bayelsa State National Assembly Primaries Electoral Committee, General Idi Adamu, (retd).

Ben Murray-Bruce
Murray-Bruce won by 138 votes, 127 votes more than second placed Anthony Ikoli (SAN) who polled 11. Hon. Nelson Belief 2 votes, Mrs Irene Digitemie Opuene 4 votes, Hon. Clever Ikisikpo 0 votes while Austin Dressman and Professor Ayebaemi Spiff withdrew.
In Bayelsa Central Senatorial District polled Senator Emmanuel Paulker 174 votes to win and retain his place. Austin Ogionwon Febo got 17 votes, Ebiundu Komonibo 1 vote, Torunana 1 vote.
In Bayelsa West Senatorial District, Evangelist Foster Ogola 69 votes winner, Hon. Ayakeme Whiskey 27 votes, Captain Matthew Karimo 12 votes, Dr. Stella Dorgu 3 votes, Chief Frank Akpoebi 2 votes, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri 0

Source Silverbirdtv

I am so sorry but I just.....can't......help....but.... notice the names. Senator Heineken, Evangelist Foster, Hon Nelson Belief, Irene Digitimie, Hon Clever, Austin Dressman, Hon Whiskey,......even the Chairman of the electoral committee General Idi A.......don't ask me...

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Reference(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
Akiika:

Is your community business friendly? Most of the youths and community wrapper tying elders are militants that lay siege at offices of companies to demand unfair payments for no services rendered. The present government have popularized militancy to be very lucrative that nobody wishes to work. Think deeply and you'll agree that this is in fact the inconvenient truth.

Hey, smart boy. And what makes Bayelsa business unfriendly while Lagos is. Is it not investment in infrastructure both social and economic that Nigerians have denied the peoples despite discovering oil there and taking out billions from the ground over the decades. Please just keep quiet. Even if the oil majors fail to recognise this and successive governments have also, the people have a right to express dismay at individuals who are in a position but fail to do so and pretend to love the peoples at election time. What is love if not giving and doing so sacrificially. What is or has Bruce sacrificed for the peoples of Bayelse to deserve their vote (entrusting their destiny into his hands). Are they not correct to anticipate that he will just take their collective wealth and send it out claiming 'business unfriendliness'. Abeg think. They have every right to be cautious.

What makes you and I educated and enterprising is the investments we have benefitted from. The peoples of the Niger-Delta have been denied this by Nigeria in cahoots with fhe IOC's for decades to keep those parts in the 'dark'. Now people are calling into question their leaders and we still have a problem with it. Tomorrow when the north wakes up, drops the toga of religious extremism and political feudalism and demands real accountability of its leaders to halt the spread of terrorism we will shout them down abi. Afterall what do they want with schools since 'boko' is 'haram' abi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by icedbreez(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
Akiika:

im not gonna diginify your ignoramus comments with a response. My community is not business friendly but its good enough to give people a senatorial ticket?

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Asek1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mod(s),why hide my comment? angry
What was wrong about it
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by DonMcek: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ben Bruce is one of those men to make a mark, i am sure.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by shady26(m): 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
yes! thats my man bruce.....i told u guys
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by lurex2rhyme(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
pekeyim:
Please don't be misinformed.
Lokpobiri wasn't allowed at the voting Venue yday and another Primary was conducted in the same Sagbama where Lokpobiri was declared the winner.

So it is left for Abuja to decide.

Btw for the Record Foster Ogola was Handpicked by Gov. Dickson.
And Foster was the Chairman Bayelsa State scholarship Board. That held Students fees and stipend for 14 Months and with the help of his Boss Dickson refused to pay bursaries. I guess this is why He's been awarded.
and he is a pastor. pity 4 dis country. even d very people preaching honesty r nt honest demself. sha i no luk up 2 any pastor bishop aspotle. na me n my God.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hopefully things will get better in this state of ours when you become governor.

so help us God!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Lawan, Akume Form Alliance / Court Orders Temporary Forfeiture Of Diezani's N325m Land In Lekki To FG / Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.