Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Buhari Live On Channels TV - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Live On Channels TV (54287 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by intergral(m): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2014
majekdom2:
Thank you so much . I have always been an advocate of this . your results will always speak for you . can you imagine , his peers had to go beg one man somewhere for him to be re elected . what do we call that and yes majority see no ill this .
When OBJ was the president he comes out to the press and speak...... Just imagine 3days ago another set of 20 girls were kidnapped by BOKO-H and to my biggest surprise I only saw it on social media.........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by anonimi: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
majekdom2:
whatare you saying here , the sim sale was because we had a govt who wanted to make money from gullibe Nigerians , just like they will be making money from this also and have you bothered to ask yourself why etisalat came to Nigeria years when other operators had gianed strong grounds and still has a better performance compared to GLO. it all balls down to competitiveness .... there is no competition in refining crude if dangote's refinery is the only refinery that has been licensed . it is no beans building a refinery man .

Is it beans to build a cement factory

why are Nigerians still paying so much to watch programmes on DSTV , there has no been a major competitor , yes you have multi tv , trend tv , ctl .... but can you compare . you can liken this to what you will have in this sector

I thought we also have HiTv (closed in 2011), StarTimes etc as well as our private & public TV stations?
Is anyone FORCED to watch DSTv?
Did I miss something
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
anonimi:

Is it beans to build a cement factory

I thought we also have HiTv, StarTimes etc as well as our private & public TV stations?
Is anyone FORCED to watch DSTv?
Did I miss something
you keep missing my argument , do you anna compare a refinery to a cement factory ? my point is it aint childs play building a refinery , he will be doing that all alone and so the govt cant tell him what price to sell , the only price determinant in that sector will be other competitiors except you will have the govt still paying subsidies for importation which would make no sense .yes you have star times by nta , dunno if am right but there is still preference for dstv . you missed the argument there again , no one will force you to buy kerosene when the price goes up as you have coal as an option .if thats what you mean .where would the refineries rank in global competitieveness should be the question not just say we have refineries.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by anonimi: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
majekdom2:
you keep missing my argument , do you anna compare a refinery to a cement factory ? my point is it aint childs play building a refinery , he will be doing that all alone and so the govt cant tell him what price to sell , the only price determinant in that sector will be other competitiors except you will have the govt still paying subsidies for importation which would make no sense .yes you have star times by nta , dunno if am right but there is still preference for dstv . you missed the argument there again , no one will force you to buy kerosene when the price goes up as you have coal as an option .if thats what you mean .where would the refineries rank in global competitieveness should be the question not just say we have refineries.

May I humbly request you at this point to go and read MORE on macro-economics of industrial development, monopoly, competition, price stabilisation etc over different time frames?

Sal-am!
Shalom!!
Peace!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by brownsoldier(m): 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
One thing is crystal clear from this thread, people will stick to their camps even if poo is all they serve them. GEJ is a poor orator to say the least and often enough is the brunt of jokes because of his appearance and oratory skills not necessarily cos of his governance (most people won't admit or probably havent noticed that's the first reason they loathe him) because we've had worse with fewer insults from us. But if you can mock GEJ and after that God awful interview Buhari had on channels try to paper over the gulf where intelligence and competence should be for Buhari, then youre a Shameless HYPOCRITE. Why can we just speak the TRUTH? He was sounded delusional, not for a second do I doubt his heart but his capability to do as his heart desires. Nothing will change if we can't be honest at least with ourselves. THE INTERVIEW WAS TERRIBLE. Please be honest...if that's too difficult then be quiet and watch. But don't lie just cos u support a person, we have had enough of that

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
anonimi:

May I humbly request you at this point to go and read MORE on macro-economics of industrial development, monopoly, competition, price stabilisation etc over different time frames?

Sal-am!
Shalom!!
Peace!!!
grin
anonimi:

Sal-am!
Shalom!!
Peace!!!
I take it as you have understood where this govt is driving us to. bless you too.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by sarutobie(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
brownsoldier:
One thing is crystal clear from this thread, people will stick to their camps even if poo is all they serve them. GEJ is a poor orator to say the least and often enough is the brunt of jokes because of his appearance and oratory skills not necessarily cos of his governance (most people won't admit or probably havent noticed that's the first reason they loathe him) because we've had worse with fewer insults from us. But if you mock can mock GEJ and after that God awful interview Buhari had on channels try to paper over the gulf where intelligence and competence should be for Buhari, then youre a Shameless HYPOCRITE. Why can we just speak the TRUTH? He was sounded delusional, not for a second do I doubt his heart but his capability to do as his heart desires. Nothing will change if we can't be honest at least with ourselves. THE INTERVIEW WAS TERRIBLE. Please be honest...if that's too difficult then be quiet and watch. But don't lie just cos u support a person, we have had enough of that
hahahahahahahahahaha! if you thought for a moment,that what you typed here will appeal to people who have openly admitted to the sharing of envelopes (of which one even stated the amount he earns as a political psycophant)..then sir, with all due respect, you are on a very looooong thing..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by brownsoldier(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
sarutobie:

hahahahahahahahahaha! if you thought for a moment,that what you typed here will appeal to people who have openly admitted to the sharing of envelopes (of which one even stated the amount he earns as a political psycophant)..then sir, with all due respect, you are on a very looooong thing..
Oh well, gotta start somewhere

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by djon78(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
majekdom2:
whatare you saying here , the sim sale was because we had a govt who wanted to make money from gullibe Nigerians , just like they will be making money from this also and have you bothered to ask yourself why etisalat came to Nigeria years when other operators had gianed strong grounds and still has a better performance compared to GLO. it all balls down to competitiveness .... there is no competition in refining crude if dangote's refinery is the only refinery that has been licensed . it is no beans building a refinery man . why are Nigerians still paying so much to watch programmes on DSTV , there has no been a major competitor , yes you have multi tv , trend tv , ctl .... but can you compare . you can liken this to what you will have in this sector

You are the one that is confused and cant grasp what the dude is saying.
Dangote is not the only licensed refinery, Orient in Anambra has license and govt will still sell off the refineries we have.

With other refineries coming on stream, competition will definitely bring down the price like what happened with the cost of Gsm lines.

As for Dstv you mentioned, they enjoyed monopoly, but Hitv gave them real fight and crashed the price, but the Hitv owner did not manage the business well and in the end lost out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
brownsoldier:
One thing is crystal clear from this thread, people will stick to their camps even if poo is all they serve them. GEJ is a poor orator to say the least and often enough is the brunt of jokes because of his appearance and oratory skills not necessarily cos of his governance (most people won't admit or probably havent noticed that's the first reason they loathe him) because we've had worse with fewer insults from us. But if you can mock GEJ and after that God awful interview Buhari had on channels try to paper over the gulf where intelligence and competence should be for Buhari, then youre a Shameless HYPOCRITE. Why can we just speak the TRUTH? He was sounded delusional, not for a second do I doubt his heart but his capability to do as his heart desires. Nothing will change if we can't be honest at least with ourselves. THE INTERVIEW WAS TERRIBLE. Please be honest...if that's too difficult then be quiet and watch. But don't lie just cos u support a person, we have had enough of that

Gbam.

Imagine one....... insulting me when I exposed how foolish Buhari sound when he said he will stabilize the oil market.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by brownsoldier(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
double post

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by brownsoldier(m): 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Gbam.

Imagine one....... insulting me when I exposed how foolish Buhari sound when he said he will stabilize the oil market.

I was actually waiting to hear more when he said that then nada. That was all. He made it sound like he held the oil market's remote control and once he presses it just stabilizes. GEJ isn't it but I am dead sure Buhari isn't it as well. I was wary of him before but now I'm scared sheitless wat would happen if he wins

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
djon78:

You are the one that is confused and cant grasp what the dude is saying.
Dangote is not the only licensed refinery, Orient in Anambra has license and govt will still sell off the refineries we have.

With other refineries coming on stream, competition will definitely bring down the price like what happened with the cost of Gsm lines.

As for Dstv you mentioned, they enjoyed monopoly, but Hitv gave them real fight and crashed the price, but the Hitv owner did not manage the business well and in the end lost out.
you rather did not look deeply into what my point was , shouldnt the sale of the refineries be the first thing to be done if truly the govt truly wants competition in that line of business and yes , I read on the orient refinery that said they will be refining in nine months as at april. bro , this projects aint childs play . it involves strong business background that can perhaps grant access to the loan required thus the need for international players. if our govt was serious about this refinin business there is this local refining that is legitimate one would expect encouragements in this @ least . look at the steel mill @ ajaokuta , it has got all it needs but yet we hear nothing about this. I dont think this govt is serious on privitasations as we all think. dont liken sim to refineries , what you should talk is the tariff and quality of service being enjoyed . the sim sale was just an encouragement from the government .... yes there is competition , but I need you to remember these companies started almost at the same time some still failed likes of odua telecoms , multilinks , starcomms , mtel and others while etisalat came and still made great strides ..... bottom line: The earlier we see the defunct refineries privatised , the better it is for the govt and its people as we can be sure of competition. My Dstv example was to further butress my point that it is always very hard to displace a company that has enjoyed monopoly overtime . it is always good competition starts at the same time.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
brownsoldier:

I was actually waiting to hear more when he said that then nada. That was all. He made it sound like he held the oil market's remote control and once he presses it just stabilizes. GEJ isn't it but I am dead sure Buhari isn't it as well. I was wary of him before but now I'm scared sheitless wat would happen if he wins

The fact is APC are greedy drafts who seek power at all cost.

Stabilize oil market my foot

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by honeric01(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
If you have commented or about to comment on this thread and have not watched the interview yet base your opinion on what you read on the first page, then i am sorry to say, "you're as gullible as an illiterate.

Please for your own good, make sure you watch the interview yourself, if you don't have MB to watch it, let us know and some of us would gladly send you airtel to get MB to watch the interview.

Do no be brainwashed!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by prettyboi1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2014
brownsoldier:

He doesn't hold the remote to the global oil market,but he can help Nigeria and Nigerians hold the remote to our own local market by spearheading us pulling out of the global oil market or whatever. Lemme tell you something, another one of the many reasons that the west went after Gaddafi and killed him is because he was denying them of African resources and he kept trying to convince other African countries to do the same. Gaddafi believed strongly that there was no reason why his country would be rich in oil and yet have its prices dictated by some foreign countries that don't do shyte but only fix prices. You know what he did? He pulled Libya out of world oil markets and he said his country would decide whatever price they chose to sell their oil to westerners and foreigners. As a result of that, Libya's oil money hardly ever crashed....even if the world oil market crashed. Gaddafi then decided that profits off the sales of Libyan oil were paid directly into the bank accounts of Libyans on the national database. My friend, I tell you honestly, I was in a bank in Turkey when I overheard a conversation between the banker at the counter and a Libyan student on scholarship in Turkey. The banker asked him if he was on a scholarship by the Libyan government and he said "yes". The banker then asked him how much the government pays him every month, we were all shocked to hear that the Libyan government pays him a whooping 2400 Euros (540,000 Naira) every month as a student. The banker was like that's even a whole lot more than his salary as a worker.
You think that's also not possible in Nigeria? It is possible my friend....Buhari can possibly take the same route or something similar so that Nigerians benefit from our oil wealth far more than foreigners that are currently enjoying it more than us. He just can't reveal everything out cos you know how it is....the idea can be hijacked by the incumbent government and run down wrecklessly and then that would create cynicism in the heart of the populace if that idea is ever brought up again . See for yourself,the world price of oil just crashed, did you hear that the value of the US dollars,British pound or Euros fell? NO! They didn't. Yet, we who own the oil suffered a drastic blow to the value of our Naira and its exchange value and that's just the beginning. My guy, true leaders see vision way ahead of the rest and I believe Buhari knows what he was talking about.

God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by paulsir: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
MalcoImX:
For a man of about 70+ this is a fair representation? How are you fairing at your your supposedly 'young' age? Would you even be able to do half of what he's doing by the time you reach 70+? Will you even reach 70, since we hardly go to hospital these days, living at the mercy of nature cure, because we can't afford that 'luxury' anymore?
oga face your front,if u dont want to reach 70 thats your problem,i will reach it and surpasses it too.Your so called messiah was nothing but a hype,imagine him talking as if somebody messed around him.If you dont know him kindly tell your older folks to tell you about his activities in the 80's.Most of the people that are hailing him are youths that were born in the early 90's or late 80's.Change is what we want not buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by leofab(f): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
majekdom2:
is this how bad the educational system in our country has gotten ? please where in my post did I compare myself to my neighbour , where did I brag about a range , you need to a mental checkup if this is how you go about communicating with people in your everyday life . My point was simply , how many Nigerians will be ready to buy those cars for we to claim we have a functional "automobile" industry , talk more of exporting them . it is quite simple , if innoson motors partnered with peugot or bmw as it is the case in south africa , you can be sure it will be bought by Nigerians . Has your govt changed their officials cars to the ones produced in Nigeria . keep decieving yourself.
you live in a fantasy world; I was commenting on your ideas about railways; maybe you expect the federal government to built electric sped trains; can average Nigerians pay for the service; you don't just imitate your neighbors.... grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
leofab:
you live in a fantasy world; I was commenting on your ideas about railways; maybe you expect the federal government to built electric sped trains; can average Nigerians pay for the service; you don't just imitate your neighbors.... grin
will you use the present railway ? pls answer .stop celebrating mediocrity . why wont people pay for quality service how. if a train can take me to where I want to go in 2 minutes why won't I pay for the service .how many african countries still use the kind of rail your govt is calling transformation . I posted a link on the re novated airports in kenya .... can you compare any one in Nigeria to it . stop being a party to mediocrity.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by brownsoldier(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
prettyboi1:

He doesn't hold the remote to the global oil market,but he can help Nigeria and Nigerians hold the remote to our own local market by spearheading us pulling out of the global oil market or whatever. Lemme tell you something, another one of the many reasons that the west went after Gaddafi and killed him is because he was denying them of African resources and he kept trying to convince other African countries to do the same. Gaddafi believed strongly that there was no reason why his country would be rich in oil and yet have its prices dictated by some foreign countries that don't do shyte but only fix prices. You know what he did? He pulled Libya out of world oil markets and he said his country would decide whatever price they chose to sell their oil to westerners and foreigners. As a result of that, Libya's oil money hardly ever crashed....even if the world oil market crashed. Gaddafi then decided that profits off the sales of Libyan oil were paid directly into the bank accounts of Libyans on the national database. My friend, I tell you honestly, I was in a bank in Turkey when I overheard a conversation between the banker at the counter and a Libyan student on scholarship in Turkey. The banker asked him if he was on a scholarship by the Libyan government and he said "yes". The banker then asked him how much the government pays him every month, we were all shocked to hear that the Libyan government pays him a whooping 2400 Euros (540,000 Naira) every month as a student. The banker was like that's even a whole lot more than his salary as a worker.
You think that's also not possible in Nigeria? It is possible my friend....Buhari can possibly take the same route or something similar so that Nigerians benefit from our oil wealth far more than foreigners that are currently enjoying it more than us. He just can't reveal everything out cos you know how it is....the idea can be hijacked by the incumbent government and run down wrecklessly and then that would create cynicism in the heart of the populace if that idea is ever brought up again . See for yourself,the world price of oil just crashed, did you hear that the value of the US dollars,British pound or Euros fell? NO! They didn't. Yet, we who own the oil suffered a drastic blow to the value of our Naira and its exchange value and that's just the beginning. My guy, true leaders see vision way ahead of the rest and I believe Buhari knows what he was talking about.

God Bless Nigeria.
Thank you for educating me without pomposity and with utmost simplicity, it was a breath of fresh air honestly. I don't doubt the veracity of faith in the man but (with all due respect) it may be misguided. He doesn't have the answers, I always thought but he lent credence to formerly floating assumptions. All this seems to me is the case of pining for what you don't have. Like the man who albeit he has a beautiful wife at home desires another outside just cos he has this one he now seems to fancy another. The quest for what you don't have.Cos we're dissatisfied with GEJ almost anything will do. I won't make that mistake. All you said is good and fine but the Messiah isn't GMB. Plus we have had one president die on us, the dude's looking frail and he hasn't worn the crown, what happens when he does?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by caprock(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
Honestly, from the interview Buhari is an empty block head. He has nothing to offer

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by babestella: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2014
Johnnyessence:
forget about sentiment here gej will be defeated convincely in 2015 polls Cos' people are tired of his government no hope for d masses in his government we are sick and tired of d clueless president we av he has failed us .he's clueless as usual I pray today d will of God and d will of d people will prevail in February polls .we are sick and tired of his government no hope for we d youth in his government.

Who will defeat GEJ? Is it the unintelligent general who does not even have any logical solution to the problems of Nigeria? Oh please give me a break. The interview I saw on channels was pathetic coming from the acclaimed best presidential candidate from the opposition. It's appalling that gullible Nigerians have keyed into this vague ideology of "change" coming from the opposition. I guess the gullible support of this normadic aspirant neither understand the meaning of change nor see through this eye of the storm to know that the normad aspirant who is not only old but dull cannot be our president. You mentioned "no hope for the youths" is ur normadic choice a youth? Answer yourself this question.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by babestella: 12:22am On Dec 09, 2014
That interview showed that the normadic general is even the real clueless aspirant on board. The opposition should be so ashamed. They couldn't even present a sound candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 09, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by irokop(m): 2:23am On Dec 09, 2014
This is an exbetion of ignorant from some body who is wishing to lead almost 200 million intelligent citizens.

Buhari is not foolish nor clueless but those who is pushing him to contest for 2015 election and those that will waste their vote are very empty and they lack common sense.

God for bid, but if I happened to be the son of this old man, I will call him to order simple. If election in Nigeria is not riged this man wining local government election will be very difficult talkless of governor or president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 09, 2014
prettyboi1:

God Bless Nigeria.

What is the population of Libya.?

Why emphasis on oil wealth when other regions have theirs.?

What of resource control and fiscal federalism.?

Buhari just proved that the status code stays even after years of structural failure.

For your Info about Libya . Some part of Libya was neglected especially Benghazi. If you doubt me , research yourself.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nogen: 5:02am On Dec 09, 2014
OAM4J:

What born to rule mentality? Since 1999 till now we have had southern men in charge for most of the years. How better are we? I think the present mentality of 'na our son, even though he his bad, he must continue to rule' is more dangerous for the country at this time.

And how better were they that have ruled this country till 1999?
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 09, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Buhari just proved that the status code stays even after years of structural failure.

For your Info about Libya . Some part of Libya was neglected especially Benghazi. If you doubt me , research yourself.

The lazy Saudi model where oil pays for everything is what Buhari has in mind.

Just like the greasy Arab sheikdom, Buhari's economic plan is to turn Nigeria into a mono economy dependent on oil exports.

A petroldollar economy in the midst of crashing oil price.

The man lives in a cocoon and showed the reason why he is broke after looting the Nation since 1976 when he stole 2 billion pounds.

He can't manage his ill gotten wealth it is our commonwealth and destiny he knows how to.

God forbid bad thing.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by prettyboi1(m): 9:17am On Dec 09, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Why are you guys always feeling so smart and acting so biased? Why are you moving the goal line now? Was it not how he could potentially control the oil market if elected president you guys asked before? Now, I have given an opinion of what I think he could possibly do and you've changed questions now and started asking me so many other questions. I can actually still answer those questions you asked bro, but I won't answer them because I am not the one campaigning for presidency. By the way, I know reasonably well about Benghazi too. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by prettyboi1(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2014
brownsoldier:

Thank you for educating me without pomposity and with utmost simplicity, it was a breath of fresh air honestly. I don't doubt the veracity of faith in the man but (with all due respect) it may be misguided. He doesn't have the answers, I always thought but he lent credence to formerly floating assumptions. All this seems to me is the case of pining for what you don't have. Like the man who albeit he has a beautiful wife at home desires another outside just cos he has this one he now seems to fancy another. The quest for what you don't have.Cos we're dissatisfied with GEJ almost anything will do. I won't make that mistake. All you said is good and fine but the Messiah isn't GMB. Plus we have had one president die on us, the dude's looking frail and he hasn't worn the crown, what happens when he does?
Thank you too bro for having an open-mind to pick new things from here and there, it's a really great feature. That's something that's hardly found in most Nigerians today cos we just stick to our camps based on bias and sentiments. That said, I understand your fears and I know what you're talking about. To be honest, I think Buhari didn't say as much as I would have liked him to say, but I want to believe his party and/or supporters have probably asked him to chill on what he says.....because people always misunderstand and twist his words. No offence to anybody, but the incumbent government is always looking for ways to trap Buhari in his own words.

Moving away from that,why I believe Buhari knows what to do (even though he didn't go hard enough to convince in the interview) is his TRACK-RECORD. When Buhari was military head of state, 1 Naira was equal to 2 US dollars. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) met with him to devalue the Naira because according to them it stood to profit Nigeria in the long run (wash!), he(Buhari) refused that offer and rumours have it that the US government backed Babangida to overthrow him. Now, fast forward a few years after Buhari had be overthrown by Babangida.......Babangida accepted the devaluation offer of the Naira and the rest are stories we all know. The Naira till today has been weak from that singular act of Babangida's devaluation over 25 years ago. See the effect? To make the matters worse, today's government led by president Jonathan further accepted another devaluation of the Naira just last week and in less than one week, 1 dollar jumped from 165 Naira to 190 Naira (in just one week). How much more would it jump in 10 years time under such conditions if nothing is done? My brother, please go to google and type "BUHARISM" and see what comes out. Wikipedia has a page for that....it is an economic term that was coined/created just for how effective Buhari's government's economic blueprint/ideas were when he was head of state despite several overt and covert sanctions on Nigeria's economy because of his refusal to play puppet to certain international bodies/countries. I'm just moved by documentations of his track record and not anything else. I don't know him personally,but I believe I can trust him to THINK SMARTLY as a LEADER.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2014
gboss4sure:

Like I said, you guys have no idea what goes on in this country. What has GEJ not done to solve the problem of electricity or you think that going against the powers that be is an easy feat to achieve.

The first time he made a move against them by removing the fuel subsidy through which the looted billions of naira, didn't people like you support them by unclothing yourself and dancing around carrying your papas coffin on the head claiming it is GEJ while dancing to terry g akpako performance in the name of protest, after that clear support you showed for those people, you want him to still go against them knowing that people like you will still support them.

The epileptic power problem in Nigeria is a gold mine to some very powerful people both of which are in the ruling party and in the opposition and if you think they will allow Nigeria have 247 power supply and close down their gold mine, then you are on journey of no return. Even in the USA, Obama can not do anything he likes, he can't go against the powers that be in his country, the man JFK that tried it, how did he end up? Do you wonder why America is involved in every war on planet earth? go figure that out.

If you think that been President is all that is required to turn Nigeria around, then you are very very mistaken. Have you ever asked yourself why is that whenever there is a major event in Nigeria which people would like to watch there wont be power supply?

The Chance to fix Nigeria for better was mixed in 1967 after the north throwed the aburi accord away since it won't favor their corrupt elites, since then corruption has been grown, nurtured and right now it is one of the foundations of Nigeria and you can't pull it out easily without scattering this country.

It has become a daily part of us whether we like it or not. We breath in corruption and breath it out and it didn't start under GEJ, you can't get anything done in Nigeria today without greasing someones hand. Is no longer a matter of choice, it is a MUST.

You pay to get admission for your kids into the university even though they passed both jamb and aptitude test.

Students write exams and merit an A score but the lecturer won't give it to them until they greases his palm or open their legs for him.

You go to the police to report a crime and they will request for money before the follow it up.

You go to your LGA to request for a document which is supposed to be free yet you are asked to bribe one official or the other.

You decide to travel outside Nigeria, at the airport you will keep greasing the palms of one officer to the other even though your documents are complete or else they will delay you for one frivolous reason or the other until you miss your flight.

The only solution to END all this nonsense is not by voting in apc or voting out pdp. the status quo will still remain regardless of who is in power. Nigerians need to drop tribalism, over zealous religion and take to the street in a form of revolution. Sack all the current politicians from A-Z, hausa, igbo, youroba, e.t.c and then develop a new people orientated constitution without intervention from foreign interests, then we can start talking about the Nigeria of our dreams but can we do that?

NO, because these same people holding over 170 million Nigerians hostage using tribalism and religion will still whip up tribal and religious sentiments and we will end up killing each other while they continue their looting.

Do you know why people support GEJ? reason is in the last 40 to 50years, Goodluck Jonathan has been the best amongst many that has emerged as Nigeria's President. Can you list down past presidents that has achieved more than what GEJ has achieved within the last 4years as President of Nigeria.

Mostly true. I have been a victim of your police example of corruption twice. Ever since then my impression and perception of the Nigeria Police has been utterly bad. Very often here, you see people only pointing fingers to the president and presidency as being the sole source and solution to corruption, FALSE. A lot more Nigerians, even the ones accusing the government are far more corrupt. In our daily lives, you see some of the so called "common man" or "ordinary citizen" perpetrate corrupt practices. People fail to realize that corruption isn't only when a government official steals money, even when an ordinary citizen for instance refuses to pay his electricity bill, but rather reconnects illegally after disconnection, when he sees a queue and chooses to slyly manoeuvre his way to the front, when he picks a misplaced money or phone on the street that doesn't belong to him, when he throws garbage or waste on the streets when there are designated places for such, when he flouts governments laws/instructions because the authority is not there to enforce. The list is endless...

In major institutions students cheat to pass, they bribe to pass, they sleep with lecturers to pass, they do same to get admitted. These same people would still have the moral high ground to accuse government of corruption.

You might say that the aforementioned example of corruption by ordinary Nigerians are nothing to compare with stealing of millions or billions as the case may be. However, it all starts out like this....how can you be sure that if these sort of people who cannot fight or resist "simple" corrupt inclination would not do worse if entrusted with power and authority?

While we point fingers at and accuse the government, it is of great significance that we also examine ourselves. Are we free from ripples of corruption and it's tendencies? How have we in our capacity resisted and discouraged corruption within ourselves and our friends.

We have to start with ourselves and our respective families, only when we have successfully done that can we be justified to berate the government should they not do enough on corruption. The issue of corruption is a much more complicated one. If we can individually rid ourselves of this, then we can be sure to have an easier fight when in position of authority and eventually a better society. Too bad!!! That's just a dream.

Charity begins at home, they say. They also say, Garbage in, Garbage out. The leaders we have are a product of a corrupt society, so honestly, what did you expect?

Disclaimer: I'm neither pro nor anti government. I'm just sitting on the fence and will continue to sit on it. I'm pro God's kingdom. I'm all for God's kingdom the only solution to mankind's problems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Selfie Of A Soldier Fighting Boko Haram In The North East Region / Senator Dino Melaye Tweets From Hospital Intensive Care Unit - Nigerians React / Osinbajo Mobbed By School Children In Calabar (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.