Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? (31855 Views)

I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg / APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Rtrd. Gen. Buhari Live Chat With Christine Amanpour On CNN #AMANPOUR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by Revolution: 1:33am On Feb 03, 2015
GMB MEANS BUSINESS.

I was opportune to listen to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari this morning at State House, Marina, Lagos state. It was a business section tagged ‘GMB MEANS BUSINESS.’

Apologies. I didn’t attend as a paparazzi, hence the lack of photographs and a selfie with the man himself. Also, this is not the place to drop names.

The small venue was filled to capacity as expected, and I was certain the audience was expectant.

Posted below are my personal views of General Muhammadu Buhari, the man whom I heard, for the very first time at close quarters.

The man Buhari whom I heard spoke today is a man that has a mission.

I could almost feel a pain in his voice when he spoke of the issues that have plighted the talented country, Nigeria for decades. You could almost say, he felt sorry for the country.

There was a conviction in his voice and demeanour. His body language was expressive of a man focused on one thing, to put Nigeria on the global ladder of respect. You could feel it.

When he read out the prepared speech, which was monotone a-times, he informed his audience when he had completed the speech. He gently went into the pocket of his flowing ‘babariga’ to produce his prepared hand written note and went on to give a scintillating delivery of his plans for the country – which I would’t bother you with.

At that point, he was better poised and at his best.

He was natural, at ease. No airs about him. I didn’t know he was also rich in humour. He is a very witty man. I see him represent Nigeria internationally with pride.

You know what, he commanded the audience. He had us all engaged.

He gave briefs on how Nigeria fought the civil war and didn’t have to borrow a kobo.

He mentioned how, when he was in charge, refineries were built.

He gave a veiled warning to ‘briefcase contractors’ who mill around Abuja. ” If you know your capacity is N100m, don’t go bidding for a N1 billion contract” he jokingly announced. Joke, I think not.

He also had a warning for civil servants. ‘Anyone engaged in corruption is on his own and will only have himself to blame’ he said, without joking this time.

If truth be written, I was extremely impressed listening to him live.

He engaged an audience of business men and women, and that alone speaks volume.

About seven questions were asked (limited due to lack of time as he was expected today in Adamawa for a campaign rally), and he confidently stood to answer all to the best of his abilities.

He charmed us with his humble charisma.

He got an ovation at the end of his speech.

Finally, in answering a question on continuity of governance, should he become the next elected President, he went on to give an analogy of someone standing on cliff edge. He pointed out that, if the man on the cliff edge chose to continue, what awaits him would be a long painful fall. Hence, he would not continue on that path. He however pointed out that continuity on good projects is good, while he would not be a part of a continuation of bad projects.

BUHARI LIVE – How Impressed was I ?

Very!

Source: http://jide-salu.com/2015/02/02/muhammadu-buhari-live-how-impressed-was-i/

342 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by ShakurM(m): 1:37am On Feb 03, 2015
It shall be well with this Op n Buhari and anyone reading this!

472 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 1:43am On Feb 03, 2015
Good job by GMB. I would have loved to see him in a debate with Jonathan. There is no doubt in my mind that Jonathan stands no chance against Buhari in a debate. Buhari has leadership skills written all over him. His poise and charisma is second to none. Buhari cannot be compared with Jonathan in every aspect of life. Jonathan would never had become a president in 200 years if he wasn't chosen by Obasanjo to run with Yar'Adua. Jonathan is an accidental president. He had absolutely no intention or leadership skill for the seat of presidency. People like Jonathan are born to follow.

Whoever advised Buhari to stay away from Channels debate has taken away extra 4% points he would gain from debating Jonathan. Standing side by side with Jonathan alone would have shown who the boss is.........

272 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by hyfr(m): 1:46am On Feb 03, 2015
Since they don't want to believe the truth, God will make them believe in deceit

12 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by PapiWata: 1:46am On Feb 03, 2015
Revolution:

I could almost feel a pain in his voice when he spoke

It is good to note that you are happy nursing the delusions that bring you comfort, even as the Nigerian people prepare to send the Weeping General Bokko Hari back to election losers' court of futile appeal, for the 23rd time in a row.

Your astute observation that the Weeping General sounds "pained" is noteworthy, since yet more of that pain and anguish is packaged and ready for delivery on February 14th 2015, whereupon the usual entertaining performance of wailing and sobbing will be expected from Boko Hari, when the electorate votes unanimously to reject the mass-murdering geriatric old fart on whom you have pinned such a dead weight of unattainable hopes and expectations.

Thank you ever so much, sir, for sharing these fascinating details of your hallucinatory episodes, and please do feel free to keep us abreast of any other unattainable ambitions that you might continue to nurse, even as reality dawns and your terror gang leader is shown the door to the septic tank of history, by Nigeria's very enlightened electorate.

173 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by midolian(m): 1:52am On Feb 03, 2015
I kNoW bUhaRi MeAnS WeLL 4 NiGeRiA aNd NiGeRiAnS.

LeT tHeM coMe uP wIth a dOcuMenTaRy cOnTaiNinG "BuHaRi's regIme cruCifiEd JeSus chRist".. it won't ChAnGe a ThInG

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 03, 2015
PapiWata:

It is good to note that you are happy nursing the delusions that bring you comfort, even as the Nigerian people prepare to send the Weeping General Bokko Hari back to election losers' court of futile appeal, for the 23rd time in a row.

Your astute observation that the Weeping General sounds "pained" is noteworthy, since yet more of that pain and anguish is packaged and ready for delivery on February 14th 2015, whereupon the usual entertaining performance of wailing and sobbing will be expected from Boko Hari, when the electorate votes unanimously to reject the mass-murdering geriatric old fart on whom you have pinned such a dead weight of unattainable hopes and expectations.

Thank you ever so much, sir, for sharing these fascinating details of your hallucinatory episodes, and please do feel free to keep us abreast of any other unattainable ambitions that you might continue to nurse, even as reality dawns and your terror gang leader is shown the door to the septic tank of history, by Nigeria's very enlightened electorate.

chaiii too bad...and we end up blaming jonathan for the misfortunes of the youth smh.....if u are part of the youths they refer to as leaders of tomorrow then i can clearly state that Nigeria has no future

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 1:56am On Feb 03, 2015
midolian:
I know Buhari means well for Nigeria and Nigerians

It is very obvious the man wants to transform Nigeria. Buhari is on the side of the little men. He is kind of a man that won't make any deal to stick it to the people who need Nigeria to be there for them. Buhari won't be dining with the likes of Otedolas and Dangotes of this country.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by bizlifelines(m): 2:08am On Feb 03, 2015
What strikes me most is that Buhari is a Blue-blood!!!He chose to break away from the toga of royalty and identify with the masses largely from his northern base. I still think there's so much yet to be known about this man called Buhari. Nigerians may be getting it right if they eventually elect him. I wish both Buhari and Jonathan luck.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by luvmijeje(f): 2:16am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:
Good job by GMB. I would have loved to see him in a debate with Jonathan. There is no doubt in my mind that Jonathan stands no chance against Buhari in a debate. Buhari has leadership skills written all over him. His poise and charisma is second to non. Buhari cannot be compared with Jonathan in every aspect of life. Jonathan would never had become a president in 200 years if he wasn't chosen by Obasanjo to run with Yar'Adua. Jonathan is an accidental president. He had absolutely no intention or leadership skill for the seat of presidency. People like Jonathan are born to follow.

Whoever advised Buhari to stay away from Channels debate has taken away extra 4% points he would gain from debating Jonathan. Standing side by side with Jonathan alone would have shown who the boss is.........
God bless you. I still can't believe he pulled out of the debate...... APC have not gotten to power, they are already arrogant.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by decode55(m): 2:22am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:
Good job by GMB. I would have loved to see him in a debate with Jonathan. There is no doubt in my mind that Jonathan stands no chance against Buhari in a debate. Buhari has leadership skills written all over him. His poise and charisma is second to non. Buhari cannot be compared with Jonathan in every aspect of life. Jonathan would never had become a president in 200 years if he wasn't chosen by Obasanjo to run with Yar'Adua. Jonathan is an accidental president. He had absolutely no intention or leadership skill for the seat of presidency. People like Jonathan are born to follow.

its amazing how someone can be this analytic & at the same time, empty upstairs.

You've been utterly, irrevocably, unapologetically brainwashed. undecided

Buhari, leadership skills. For where?

I've got more leadership skills in my little toe than that septuagenarian has in his entire aged anatomy.

As for the OP, someone has already put you in your place.

Keep up with whatever you're smoking. You'll need it in large doses by Feb15th smiley

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by Adminisher: 2:23am On Feb 03, 2015
We all know this about Buhari, Spartan, unpretentious, very sincere and wicked sense of humour. What he will do he will tell you and WILL NOT retreat from it. Nigeria is full of people like this but they never make it into politics. They are your favourite boss, headmaster, teacher.
What Jonathanians are missing they just don't know. The upper class of Nigeria is so full of crap now that the future of the children is actually endangered. There is almost nobody serious in government anymore, it is get into office, steal, stash abroad, buy cars, get a mistress from nollywood and tell yourself you are going places. We have to be careful, anybody who wants a character like Fayose or Wike running his state is cursed from home. We have to get serious in this country.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by bizlifelines(m): 2:25am On Feb 03, 2015
I think the APC guys are serving the President a dose of his own medicine. In 2011,we saw a debate having everyone except President GEJ.We saw Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau while the president's corner was empty. I hope this would be the last time we shall be experiencing controversies on debate. It's the electorate that is short-changed . It's not good for participatory democracy. From Baba Obj in 1999 till date, it's not good at all. It should be inserted into the electoral guideline that contestants should attend at least three debates before the election

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by mrofficial(m): 2:26am On Feb 03, 2015
I'm so confident in Buhari in putting this country on the right track again. Let those who seek the truth see it and not fall for the propaganda being televised by AIT, Silverbird and NTA.

Any passionate leader will never engage in propaganda. You can see how Buhari has been going on about his campaign and telling Nigerians what he will do if he's elected.

GEJ and his cohorts are the corrupt souls that are killing Nigerians which is the reason they don't want to leave power.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 2:29am On Feb 03, 2015
luvmijeje:

God bless you. I still can't believe he pulled out of the debate...... APC have not gotten to power, they are already arrogant.

From my point of view, the Buhari handlers know they are far ahead of Jonathan in their internal polls. This is the reason why they are getting cocky and they don't see why they should give room for an error. This is a case of playing safe. They are running a flawless campaign.

On the other hand, the Jonathan camp needs this debate and it is showing from far away that Jonathan camp is desperate for a gotcha moment. Conventional wisdom tells me Buhari camp knows more than what we know. There was intelligence report last week that Jonathan was given questions ahead of debate. Someone from Jonathan camp leaked it to Buhari campaign organization. Jonathan camp is filled with mole from APC. I still believe FFK is in Jonathan camp to hurt him. An intelligent person should know that FFK brings nothing positive to GEJ's campaign other than to hurt him. Feelers say OBJ planted FFK in Jonathan's camp and I don't have a single reason to doubt it.

59 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 2:33am On Feb 03, 2015
decode55:

[s] its amazing how someone can be this analytic & at the same time, empty upstairs.

You've been utterly, irrevocably, unapologetically brainwashed. undecided

Buhari, leadership skills. For where?

I've got more leadership skills in my little toe than that septuagenarian has in his entire aged anatomy.

As for the OP, someone has already put you in your place.

Keep up with whatever you're smoking. You'll need it in large doses by Feb15th smiley [/s]

Be ready to cry starting from Febuhari 14 night.

85 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by decode55(m): 2:35am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:

Be ready to cry starting from Febuhari 14 night.

Feb 14th is barely two weeks away. Let's see who would weep by then wink wink

23 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by luvmijeje(f): 2:36am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:

From my point of view, the Buhari handlers know they are far ahead of Jonathan in their internal polls. This is the reason why they are getting cocky and they don't see why they should give room for an error. This is a case of playing safe. They are running a flawless campaign.

On the other hand, the Jonathan camp needs this debate and it is showing from far away that Jonathan camp is desperate for a gotcha moment. Conventional wisdom tells me Buhari camp knows more than what we know. There was intelligence report last week that Jonathan was given questions ahead of debate. Someone from Jonathan camp leaked it to Buhari campaign organization. Jonathan camp is filled with mole from APC. I still believe FFK is in Jonathan camp to hurt him. An intelligent person should know that FFK brings nothing positive to GEJ's campaign other than to hurt him. Feelers say OBJ planted FFK in Jonathan's camp and I don't have a single reason to doubt it.

This is just an excuse, If indeed the questions were leaked, they should also find a way to get access to the leaked questions.

11 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by pacesetter939: 2:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Revolution:
GMB MEANS BUSINESS.

I was opportune to listen to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari this morning at State House, Marina, Lagos state. It was a business section tagged ‘GMB MEANS BUSINESS.’

Apologies. I didn’t attend as a paparazzi, hence the lack of photographs and a selfie with the man himself. Also, this is not the place to drop names.

The small venue was filled to capacity as expected, and I was certain the audience was expectant.

Posted below are my personal views of General Muhammadu Buhari, the man whom I heard, for the very first time at close quarters.

The man Buhari whom I heard spoke today is a man that has a mission.

I could almost feel a pain in his voice when he spoke of the issues that have plighted the talented country, Nigeria for decades. You could almost say, he felt sorry for the country.

There was a conviction in his voice and demeanour. His body language was expressive of a man focused on one thing, to put Nigeria on the global ladder of respect. You could feel it.

When he read out the prepared speech, which was monotone a-times, he informed his audience when he had completed the speech. He gently went into the pocket of his flowing ‘babariga’ to produce his prepared hand written note and went on to give a scintillating delivery of his plans for the country – which I would’t bother you with.

At that point, he was better poised and at his best.

He was natural, at ease. No airs about him. I didn’t know he was also rich in humour. He is a very witty man. I see him represent Nigeria internationally with pride.

You know what, he commanded the audience. He had us all engaged.

He gave briefs on how Nigeria fought the civil war and didn’t have to borrow a kobo.

He mentioned how, when he was in charge, refineries were built.

He gave a veiled warning to ‘briefcase contractors’ who mill around Abuja. ” If you know your capacity is N100m, don’t go bidding for a N1 billion contract” he jokingly announced. Joke, I think not.

He also had a warning for civil servants. ‘Anyone engaged in corruption is on his own and will only have himself to blame’ he said, without joking this time.

If truth be written, I was extremely impressed listening to him live.

He engaged an audience of business men and women, and that alone speaks volume.

About seven questions were asked (limited due to lack of time as he was expected today in Adamawa for a campaign rally), and he confidently stood to answer all to the best of his abilities.

He charmed us with his humble charisma.

He got an ovation at the end of his speech.

Finally, in answering a question on continuity of governance, should he become the next elected President, he went on to give an analogy of someone standing on cliff edge. He pointed out that, if the man on the cliff edge chose to continue, what awaits him would be a long painful fall. Hence, he would not continue on that path. He however pointed out that continuity on good projects is good, while he would not be a part of a continuation of bad projects.

BUHARI LIVE – How Impressed was I ?

Very!

Source: http://jide-salu.com/2015/02/02/muhammadu-buhari-live-how-impressed-was-i/

Thank youn Op.
Here are a few shots from the event.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by Fringes(m): 2:46am On Feb 03, 2015
President wa niyen!

14 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by Ikengawo: 3:01am On Feb 03, 2015
LOL don't let me post a buhari speech

13 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by lilbabyak(m): 3:08am On Feb 03, 2015
You get that's why you understand him. Some people will not till their dying days. I no mention name. Anyway

Sai GMB

33 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by walexGodson(m): 4:05am On Feb 03, 2015
Sai Buhari

10 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by ziccoit: 4:16am On Feb 03, 2015
His campaign speeches and the manners he conducted himself when ruling party, behaving like opposition, start throwing missiles onto him from all directions envied me. Campaign speeches of GEJ were full of bickers which was unpresidentially.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 4:23am On Feb 03, 2015
ziccoit:
His campaign speeches and the manners he conducted himself when ruling party, behaving like opposition, start throwing missiles onto him from all directions envied me. Campaign speeches of GEJ were full of bickers which unpresidentially.

I admire Buhari's poise and quiet demeanor in the face of provocation. A foreigner would think APC is the ruling party in Nigeria and PDP is the opposition party. PDP has been behaving like an opposition party since APC was registered.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by Ikengawo: 4:24am On Feb 03, 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 4:26am On Feb 03, 2015
^^^^^^^

You are a nuisance. You should be banned for spamming the thread.

12 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by raumdeuter: 4:39am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:

You are very right, I heard from someone who works with one of the president advisers and he was very worried about Jonathans chances. He says the govt is seriously considering shifting the election

He admitted that the video they released to AIT and NTA didnt perform as much as they hoped. Their initial analysis was that it was going to be a game changer but the opinion he is getting from the populace isnt matching the projections

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 4:41am On Feb 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are very right, I heard from someone who works with Doyin Okupe and he was very worried about Jonathans chances. He says the govt is seriously considering shifting the election

He admitted that the video they released to AIT and NTA didnt perform as much as they hoped. Their initial analysis was that it was going to be a game changer but the opinion he is getting from the populace isnt matching the projections

The AIT poll was to gauge the effect of the so called documentary but disappointment is what they got afterwards. They thought the documentary was going to do a damage to Buhari's popularity but they failed woefully. The documentary has helped Buhari tremendously.

20 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by raumdeuter: 4:45am On Feb 03, 2015
FastShipping:

The AIT poll was to gauge the effect of the so called documentary but disappointment is what they got afterwards. They thought the documentary was going to do a damage to Buhari's popularity but they failed woefully. The documentary has helped Buhari tremendously.

The argument in the presidency is that the only achievement Jonathan can point to is electoral reform and that would be badly dented if they shift the election.

The documentary also just got more sympathy for Buhari from neutrals.

Parties like Labour and Accord they expected would work for Jonathan is the SW are now cautious to associate themselves with him for fear of losing their own local elections.

One accord senatorial candidate had to come out to category deny that he isnt supporting Jonathan like his opponents claimed

The presidential aide stopped short of conceding defeat. In Politics when you have the advantage you keep things steady and dont do anything that might tilt the advantage. Thats what the APC camp is playing. In a debate Jonathan would go swinging fist flying buy some media people to throw Buhari off track and try to get electoral capital from that from the APC being very smart people saw through that

Its desperate times for Jonathan now

24 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? by FastShipping: 4:49am On Feb 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

The argument in the presidency is that the only achievement Jonathan can point to is electoral reform and that would be badly dented if they shift the election

He stopped short of conceding defeat. In Politics when you have the advantage you keep things steady and dont do anything that might tilt the advantage. Thats what the APC camp is playing. In a debate Jonathan would go swinging fist flying buy some media people to throw Buhari off track and try to get electoral capital from that from the APC being very smart people saw through that

Its desperate times for Jonathan now

It is desperate time for Jonathan. Next week is going to be an interesting week as Jonathan takes desperation to a new level. He is banking on unrest in order to declare state of emergency but it won't work. I expect his foot soldiers to start detonating bombs across Nigeria like they did on October 1st 2010.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu To Agbaje: Go And Learn Vulcanizer, We'll Do Freedom For You. / Subsidy Removal Hit Petrol Smugglers In Kusari Border Town (Video) / Leaked Files Link Abdulsalami Abubakar, Chris Garba To $182m Halliburton Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.