Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Jamaican Trip:pls Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jamaican Trip:pls Advice (1706 Views)

Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by Mrphilia: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
I'm about embarking on a trip to the Caribbeans, Jamaica to be precise...I need advice on places of fun and I would like to hook up with any nigerian in jamaica
Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Blue Mountain bike tour!!! That's on my list.

Otherwise, tripadvisor will do.

1 Like

Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by lillaowow(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
I'll be going on the blue Mountain tour in January together with my Trinidadian friends, some Jamaicans, Barbadian, we plan to spend 2days camping on the mountain.. If you'll be in Caribbean in January, you can come with us.

Ps_ we're all students.
Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by Rossikk(m): 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mrphilia:
I'm about embarking on a trip to the Caribbeans, Jamaica to be precise...I need advice on places of fun and I would like to hook up with any nigerian in jamaica

Go to Montego Bay. It's a tourist friendly city with many clubs, bars, hangouts, hotels and resorts. If possible, stay at one of the all-inclusive resorts like Secrets Wild Orchid or the Rose Hall Hilton.

1 Like

Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by igbo2011(m): 1:08am On Dec 10, 2014
Rossikk:

Go to Montego Bay. It's a tourist friendly city with many clubs, bars, hangouts, hotels and resorts. If possible, stay at one of the all-inclusive resorts like Secrets Wild Orchid or the Rose Hall Hilton.

How much of Jamaican tourism is controlled by Jamaicans?
Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by omega25red(m): 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
you can either go to montego bay or ocho rios. Those are tourist areas. your best bet is an all inclusive hotel where your room food drinks are prepaid. Then when you get to the hotels you can talk to the tourism department at the hotel.

Blue mountain tour
dunes river tour ( i did this it was fun all day on a boat they take you to the water fall and then get you drunk while partying on the boat)
appleton rum factory tour
We also went to the market by the place where the cruise ships dock.

you can eat local foods visit bob marley's home etc of course that is a b bit further away from the tourist traps.

beyond that, the beaches are nice. My first time being at a nude beach. By the way ive been twice

1 Like

Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
omega25red:
you can either go to montego bay or ocho rios. Those are tourist areas. your best bet is an all inclusive hotel where your room food drinks are prepaid. Then when you get to the hotels you can talk to the tourism department at the hotel.
Blue mountain tour
dunes river tour ( i did this it was fun all day on a boat they take you to the water fall and then get you drunk while partying on the boat)
appleton rum factory tour
We also went to the market by the place where the cruise ships dock.
you can eat local foods visit bob marley's home etc of course that is a b bit further away from the tourist traps.
beyond that, the beaches are nice. My first time being at a nude beach. By the way ive been twice
I went to Ocho Rios aged 14, my mum left me in the hotel and visited Dunns River alone... noooow I'm seeing why she abandoned me that day angry
Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by NomadicNaija: 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
From my experience, Montego Bay is a good tourist destination. I made use of all inclusive flight and hotel deals. Good value for money. My last trip was June 2014 from Arizona via Florida. Enjoy your trip.
Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by Mrphilia: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2014
Thanks all...I would be leaving for the uk on 27th december cos I would transit through the uk...I would fly from gatwick to kingston on 28th

1 Like

Re: Jamaican Trip:pls Advice by lillaowow(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mrphilia:
Thanks all...I would be leaving for the uk on 27th december cos I would transit through the uk...I would fly from gatwick to kingston on 28th

Hi
i heard blue mountains has been closed to the public to facilitate repairs till further notice
There has been extensive damage to the blue mountain Peak trail due to recent rainfalls on the Island

You should consider Ocho Rios or/and MoBay

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) / My US Visa Was Cancelled At Arrival Nd Was Send Back Home / Picture of Submerged Shinkansen Bullet Trains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.