Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,534 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem (1026 Views)

Jonathan Directs Ministries & Parastatals To Submit Hand-Over Notes / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets / Ministers Without Remembrance Emblem Barred From FEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by ceo4eva: 5:55am On Dec 09, 2014
…Jimoh Ibrahim donates N30m, 10 vehicles

President Goodluck Jonathan has directed ministers, government officials as well as visitors to the Presidential Villa to wear the Armed Forces Remembrance emblem for the next one month.

He also directed his Chief of Staff, Jones Arogbofa, to get the list of those who made pledges to the Nigerian Legion during the inauguration of the emblem last year in order to redeem outstanding pledges of N75m. He blamed the Office of the Chief of Staff for the failure to redeem the pledges.

Speaking yesterday at the inauguration of the emblem at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Jonathan said that the directive to wear the emblem would last till January 15, next year during the Armed Forces Remembrance Day.

The President said that he would personally wear the emblem and also implored all government officials and other Nigerians to put it on with pride throughout this period He noted that wearing the emblem would go a long way to appreciate the sacrifice made by members of the armed forces to ensure the peace, unity and progress of the country.

The President commended the contribution of the armed forces in defending the country’s sovereignty as well as maintains its peace and security.

According to Jonathan, the armed forces had been able to rise up to the challenge of curtailing the activities of terrorism in the country.

The President called on Nigerians and private sector organisations to support the legion by donating generously to the launch of the emblem as a show of appreciation for the sacrifice made by fallen heroes and to encourage serving personnel. At yesterday’s inauguration, the Group Managing Director, GMD, of Energy Group and Publisher of National Mirror newspapers, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, CFR, who was a co-launcher launched the emblem with N30m.

He also announced the donation of 10 vehicles, which would be delivered to the office of the Chief of Staff. Ibrahim called on Nigerians to support the President in the fight against insurgency in the country.

He also commended the armed forces for their services for the peace and security of the nation. In his welcome address, the National Chairman, Nigerian Legion, Micah Gayyah, noted that those who made pledge during the inauguration of the emblem last year were yet to redeem such pledges.

He noted that out of the N105m in pledges, only N30m had been redeemed to date, adding that the legion lost over 100 members to the current insurgency in the North East and the affected families are in dire need of help.

Gayyah appealed to those who would make donations at this year’s inauguration to make pledges that would be redeemed.

He noted that the Nigerian Legion is not funded by government, saying that it is only during the launch of the Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem that the legion gets funds to cover its activities for the coming year. He said that during the legion’s Humanitarian Day last month, widows were empowered, while bursary awards were given to the children of fallen heroes.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/jonathan-directs-ministers-to-wear-armed-forces-remembrance-emblem/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by ceo4eva: 5:56am On Dec 09, 2014
PHOTO:
Group Managing Director, Energy Group and Publisher of National Mirror Newspapers, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, CFR (left), with the Charge d’affaires in the Embassy of Lebanon, Mr. Wassim Ibrahim during the inauguration of the 2015 Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem at the Presidential Villa Abuja, yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by macpetrus(m): 5:57am On Dec 09, 2014
The labour of our heroes past: Shall never be in vain...
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by simplemach(m): 5:59am On Dec 09, 2014
Nonsense, the emblem go bring anybody back? Well not that i am against remembering past heroes, but the ones alive should be recorgnised and encouraged. I think that will encourage more people to put in their best in whatever they do.
God bless nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by ceo4eva: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2014
macpetrus:
YES, They must be remembered!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by temitemi1(m): 6:06am On Dec 09, 2014
A great way to remember our heroes. God bless Nigeria!!
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by temitemi1(m): 6:09am On Dec 09, 2014
I'm not sure if anything can ever make sense to u
simplemach:
Nonsense, the emblem go bring anybody back? Well not that i am against remembering past heroes, but the ones alive should be recorgnised and encouraged. I think that will encourage more people to put in their best in whatever they do.
God bless nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by simplemach(m): 6:13am On Dec 09, 2014
temitemi1:
I'm not sure if anything can ever make sense to u
yes dear, infact much more than u can even imagine. Ok, as i speak now, do u know you make a lot of sense to me now more than this topic?
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by Princess2be(f): 6:26am On Dec 09, 2014
macpetrus:
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by JECBOSS: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2014
simplemach:
God bless nigeria.
Some people sef.... Every tin, they must complain.
If they they were not remembered, still complaints.
U can never please some people in this life.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by simplemach(m): 6:53am On Dec 09, 2014
JECBOSS:

sorry bro, no vex.
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by Princess2be(f): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2014
JECBOSS:

Such is life
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by Rikidony(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2014
THATS MY ABLE PRESIDO.......

LETS DO IT AGAIN COME 2015 FELLOW NIGERIANS

GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Jonathan Directs Ministers To Wear Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem by horpe132(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2014
Pls where can we get the Emblem here in Lagos ...........
'
'
'
The design is too big & ugly,,,,Buh we can always manage it..............
'
'
'
How do we get/buy it here in Lag or is it meant for Abuja Connections Only ?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: 2015 Permutations / Between Goodluck Jonathan & Muhamadu Buhari; Who Will You Vote For? / Miss Guinea Was Crowned And Her Prize Included A Return Trip To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.