Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (74842 Views)

Ministers To Lose Perks Of Office / Buhari will not force Ministers, aides to take pay cut –Presidency / BREAKING: President-elect Buhari Speaks With Saharatv, Slams Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by falconey(m): 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
BREAKING: President-Elect Buhari Speaks With SaharaTV, Slams Iweala And Will Force Ministers to Declare Assets

President-Elect Buhari spoke exclusively with SaharaTV on how he plans to deal with corruption, the government’s finances, Boko Haram, and Nigeria’s economy. Most notably he blamed Minister Iweala for the financial situation in Nigeria, and that he will make his Ministerial appointees declare their assets to the public.

When asked about statements from Minister of Finance Iweala on the fiscal conditions and government spending in Nigeria, President-Elect Buhari told SaharaTV that “I’m afraid the Finance Minister has no cause to complain because the governors cannot force the central government to act outside the Constitution.”

President-Elect Buhari firmly stated that “all those that were governors, ministers, permanent secretaries, head of foreign staff and all those with political appointments will have to declare their assets on the assumption of their appointment and definitely with the courts. And once they leave they have to re-declare their assets.” He said this would ensure greater accountability among public servants.

However, he did tell SaharaTV that he does not plan to interfere with the judiciary and whatever action it may take pursuing corrupt public officials. He stated that his administration would not “become embroiled in investigation every ministry, then the government will not have time to move forward.”

On the contentious issue of Oil Block ownership in Nigeria, and an equitable distribution of the country’s wealth, he suggested that partisan politics in Nigeria is the cause of inequitability in the oil sector. President-Elect Buhari claimed that he wanted to professionalize the oil sector in Nigeria. He said that the “proliferation of oil fields to people who don’t even know what it is, is one of the messes partisan politics has brought.” Within the equitable distribution of wealth and job creation for youth, the President-Elect pointed to the APC manifesto calling for greater emphasis on mining and agriculture development.

When pressed on rumors that former president Obasanjo was exercising inordinate influence on Buhari's administration he said, "I think that people have to accept the realities of Nigeria’s political development. General Olusegun Obasanjo is the only living Nigerian that led Nigeria for more than 11 years, so for anybody to think that General Obasanjo is irrelevant or he was trying to push his influence over issues, I think is being uncharitable and not being fair to Nigeria’s political development."

President-Elect Buhari is now confronted with the challenge of appointing a ministerial and cabinet team, and he has stated publicly that PDP defectors should not expect to receive Minister appointments.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/12/breaking-president-elect-buhari-speaks-saharatv-slams-iweala-and-will-force-ministers

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
Declaring their assets before and after is a bold step to corruption curtailment, but oga president elect if you really want to proceed well on ur knew found position, adhere to what ever Iweala and ayim pius tells you, else you blindly set the country to self-destruct. . . word

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by hahn(m): 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lock them up. Throw the key away. Then burn down the prison

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by gaussy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Gbam!!
Baba Has spoken...declare your asset or sit down at home and sip kunu grin grin grin grin

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by agarawu23(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
yes! all the thieves must declare their asset or end up in the lagoon.

below lagoon for PDP thieves

good move BuHari

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Dank1u(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
B
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by olas24u(f): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
That olodo! minister

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by paragon40(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
on point.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by RockMaxi: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
hahn:
Lock them up. Throw the key away. Then burn down the prison

Well I think he (Buhari) should first be sworn-in first before embarking on this threat.
We all want you to sanitize this country but those you are presently hounding with your statements are power mongers, they can still perform the unthinkable. angry

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by midolian(m): 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Whenever buhari talks about "kwarruption", the kwarrupt ones die a hundred times b4 their death grin grin grin

Nigeria will be great again, I am sure.

175 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by bobo9ice: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
More wisdom for u Sir

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Pa Buhari, stop being mendacious.
We know you are not intellectually sound to pursue all these talks you keep talking.
IJustDeyLookYou.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by chymystique(f): 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
I like that asset declaration part but does appointees Can still use proxy means and loot from the govt purse.. Maybe there is still hope in having a transparent Govt in Nigeria afterall.

*observing and waiting for the Change*

34 Likes

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Sweetguy25: 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
I don't understand?

How did he slam Aunty Ngozi?

Ngozi is the best finance minister Nigeria has ever had for the past 30 years.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by ChrisChino(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
he should get another replacement for her ASAP

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by dustmalik: 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
God, please give this man the will, strength and long life to be able to carry out his plan, Ameen.

175 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by falconey(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
Cc:
Lalasticlala.

feels good.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by gen2briz(m): 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hmmm, I was actually looking to see where Iweala was "slammed"... Nigerian newspapers with there "sensational" headlines

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by abduljabbar4(m): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good one from Buhari but I think he should wait till he gets sworn in if not some corrupt people may try to assassinate him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by hahn(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
RockMaxi:

Well I think he (Buhari) should first be sworn-in first before embarking on this threat.
We all want you to sanitize this country but those you are presently hounding with your statements are power mongers, they can still perform the unthinkable. angry

Word

1 Like

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by saintfizzo(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ghen ghen
Movie Title: CHANGE (part 1)
Una just start... cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Olamitisoji(m): 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
I think i will start to shout Change also, becaise this is getting interesting, and if Buhari can fulfill this i will like him wella, abeg make sure he includes, amaechi, fashola, tinubu, obasanjo, okorocha et al. Buhari for show....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by dandoki: 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Slam Ngozi Wahala to prison! She is the chief archtect of all our economic woes.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by PassingShot(m): 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
Buhari is the next best thing to happen to Nigeria after democracy.

His intentions are genuine and he seems to know what he is set out to achieve. With determination and a good team behind him, GMB will surely outperform all his predecessors.

May God help GMB
May God bless APC
May God bless FRN

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by tit(f): 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
this fool talks again!
How is he going to make governors declare assets apart from what is stipulated in the constitution?
Does he think he has power over the governors!

42 Likes

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by tit(f): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
dandoki:
Slam Ngozi Wahala to prison! She is the chief archtect of all our economic woes.

yeah, she suddenly made oil start selling for $50.
grow a brain, foool!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by januzaj(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
IWEALA PRISON AWAITS YIU

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by mekaboy(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
What does buhari know about economics to blame anybody? He is just saying what he was told. He did not say anything about the governors that shared the money they were advised to save by the same finance minister.

I commend the asset declaration move if he can.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Thank God most of those oil bloc owners supported Jonathan openly. It will be easier to retrieve and nationalize those oil blocs in other to empower our stagnant economy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by luvinhubby(m): 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Obasanjo factor will be minus for Buhari's administration.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Happywoman(f): 6:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
I dey laff

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose's Tweet On Rivers Rerun Election / Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.