Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,559 members, 7,955,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (27593 Views)

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Ilekeh(f): 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Amefrica:

As much as I will try not to sound rude but you mentioning my 'father' just shows how airfilled your head is. I will try not to sound rude. I don't think you're stupid, but it's like reasoning isn't your thing.

Thanks anyway. smiley

LOL just go and chop your books.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
striid3:
I was in naija last Easter. I spent most of my time in Lagos and south east.i dropped by uyo and warri. most of the time I was screwing and banging hot sexy girls both married and single . fed gov. girls owerri. IMSU. I banged a total of about 54 girls .
I will be in naija this Christmas . I hope to improve on my last performance . my target this time is 80 girls . wink

hope you dey use condom
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It is a lie that all or most Nigerian girls prefer white guys.

the nigerian girls here in edmonton canada are so very 100% rude. i go for other girls apart from nigerian. most nigeria guys just go for white, asian filipino etc but nigerian, carribeans and black canadian are all a disgrace.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
GboyegaD:

Wow, that's nice bro. You go need love spice be that ooo. I think they are cool people but the marriage rite plenty pass our own ooo. Like a friend and classmate of mine just got married and they used about 5days for the celebration.

No way shocked shocked. I don enter one chance be dat. Her parents, though educated, are very traditional. But as always, naija no dey carry last. They should bring it on. Lol
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ilekeh:

Girls aren't the only ones exhibiting these characteristics.

When I say privacy, I mean the ability to go on about my business without verbal social criticism. Such as "Auntie, why did we not see you in church yesterday?".

Nigerian girls aren't the only ones that think they're entitled to another's salary.

I thought this thread is about Nigerians and my response was to your quote on Nigerians?

Anyways, I agree with you too. Women generally somehow falsely believe men are obligated to take responsibility for any financial obligation in the relationship but that thinking in the 21st century has just taken a scary dimension. My cousin's girlfriend threatened to leave him if he does not give a monthly stipend for upkeep...lol. Is he your employer? #Crazy.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
donnypool:

the nigerian girls here in edmonton canada are so very 100% rude. i go for other girls apart from nigerian. most nigeria guys just go for white, asian filipino etc but nigerian, carribeans and black canadian are all a disgrace.

Preach it bro! Same here in Charlottetown. Here, black guys date white girls, white guys date white girls, black girls date black girls (yea, I said that. No one dey ask them out, so they turn bisexual overnight) grin Tho some of them are lucky to get a black guy date em. Their (Nigerian girls) mentality and attitude is just nothing to write home about

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by GboyegaD(m): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
annoymous:

No way shocked shocked. I don enter one chance be dat. Her parents, though educated, are very traditional. But as always, naija no dey carry last. They should bring it on. Lol

I think it is nice. It might be different if they are marrying foreigners though. Like in his case after the 1st 2 days of celebration, on the 3rd day, they went to his family house together. On the 5th day, they returned to the girls house for another celebration and they stayed there together. On the 7th day was the ground finale of everything. Lest I forget, he said they had to paint henna on his hands too just like that of the wife. So be willing to do that for the sake of the love you have for your wife.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by GboyegaD(m): 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
donnypool:

I think it is unfair generalizing them in that manner. More so, that people choose not to greet you or be friends with you doesn't make them rude. I think it is just their preference and they sure will come around sooner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Amefrica:

Preach it bro! Same here in Charlottetown. Here, black guys date white girls, white guys date white girls, black girls date black girls (yea, I said that. No one dey ask them out, so they turn bisexual overnight) grin Tho some of them are lucky to get a black guy date em. Their mentality and attitude is just nothing to write home about

lol i feel you bros, after moving to a new city edmonton from prince george , cause my ex was asian, so i just say make i follow naija girl at least for a long term thing. omo if you see the way the chick nearly chop me raw? omo na room i find myself o (i disappear), so right now, if you ain't white, you aint right.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
GboyegaD:

I think it is unfair generalizing them in that manner. More so, that people choose not to greet you or be friends with you doesn't make them rude. I think it is just their preference and they sure will come around sooner.

bros you just need to move here and see for your self. most nigerian guys here go for white or asians or other blacks but not nigerian girls.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by otipoju(m): 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
fittty:

1,000,000 likes...

8 in 10 American women are Marijuana addicted. They'll cheat on you if they want to. Curse you on ever slight little argument and they find it difficult to forgive whenever you have a fight. Little wonder why the divorce rate is on the high side here and most girls here have babies with multiple baby daddies.

You are spot on.
Miyosha's mom had her first baby at 14...she is 36 now and has kids for four different men.

Sophia is 31 and has three kids for three different fathers.

Akata way of life is scary.

As for Naija girls here... I dont even try to deal with them. They are mean and lack basic manners except for very very few that come from responsible homes like one friend that has been God-sent to me.

As for the marijuana part.. The girls here are chimney ooon. They smoke like say them wan give them award.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Ilekeh(f): 12:03am On Dec 10, 2014
fittty:

1,000,000 likes...

[size=28pt]8 in 10 American women are Marijuana addicted.[/size] They'll cheat on you if they want to. Curse you on ever slight little argument and they find it difficult to forgive whenever you have a fight. Little wonder why the divorce rate is on the high side here and most girls here have babies with multiple baby daddies.

Lol you don't say!

NL is too funny....... wow!

Most of this posters have never been to Lagos, talk less of visiting Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Ilekeh(f): 12:07am On Dec 10, 2014
This is why I wouldn't suggested an American trained man/woman to date a Nigerian trained/FOB man/woman.

Bad idea. It's like dating someone from the stone ages.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by sonnie10: 12:07am On Dec 10, 2014
plaetton:
Every is pretending like they don't know the simple reasons.

It is just a matter a simple arithmetics.

While abroad, in any country or any city, you are limited to (a) the number of blacks , then the number of Africans, then the number Nigerians, then the number of your preferred tribe. (B) Then amongst those few , you are limited by the number of the opposites that are single, unattached and within the marriageable age. (c) Still among this smaller group, you are limited by the number of those who are attractive and or educated. (d) and within this even smaller group, you are again limited by the fewer with good attitudes, humility and general compatibility.
So, as one can see, a person living abroad faces a diminishing pool of available and suitable partners for the longterm commitment and marriage.

Whereas, back in home in Nija, a population 160 million people gives everyone an inexhaustible pool of eligible, attractive , educated and eager males and females to choose from.

It is simply a numbers game, where in Nigeria, you have a far far greater chances of choosing partner to suit your preferrences than abroad.

Three gbosa for this guy!!!
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by otipoju(m): 12:07am On Dec 10, 2014
Goldenboy007:
My 2 cents - For a man; marrying a Nigerian lady in US is like marrying another husband! There are different categories of ladies here - those that have papers and think they are mini-gods to be worshiped and those without papers who are ready to die with any guy with papers! For those mini-gods, don't go near them except you are one desperate gigolo who needs papers!! Then you must be ready to serve like a slave or they will throw you and your nylon bags out in the middle of the night! Most of these girls end up single mothers or some as unmarried senior girls @40.
The other type of girls - The visitors/student that wants green card - they avoid men with similar stay status like leprosy but 5 of them can be chasing one guy that has legal papers! The problem is that this guy also knows these girls are desperados so he maximizes his utility but won't pick any of them as wife! Men run from desperados! If you are lucky you will meet a cool headed lady, hardworking and home maker, no western gender craze, but they are very rare!
Now the African American woman..another story ..to be continued!

You dey the game !!! Akata girls na something else
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 10, 2014
donnypool:

lol i feel you bros, after moving to a new city edmonton from prince george , cause my ex was asian, so i just say make i follow naija girl at least for a long term thing. omo if you see the way the chick nearly chop me raw? omo na room i find myself o (i disappear), so right now, if you ain't white, you aint right.

Lol grin
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by sonnie10: 12:16am On Dec 10, 2014
annoymous:

It's unfair when you generalize like this. I live in Boston, MA and I know a lot of decent and cultured Nigerian girls here who are looking to settle. That doesn't mean I don't know wayward ones too but you shouldn't use a single brush to tar every single girl in the US / UK

Old boy, where you want find those ones you are talking about. Na for dorchester, Mattapan, Hyde park, deehdam, roxbury, just tell me where?When you narrow it down, the wife material among them no plenty. One other thing is that most of them are committed somewhere.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by banku: 12:19am On Dec 10, 2014
Only fools go to Nigeria and marry these days. Many of the Nigerian girls brought from home are worse than akata. Their morals make some akata look like saints. Nigerian girls will screw any and everything around you. Some of them are worse than prostitutes. That is why their husbands are killing them in Europe and America. Some even kick the husbands out of the house and bring their relatives in.

Your best best for a Nigerian wife is the one you know before you left home. If you are bent on marrying a Nigerian girl, look for one around where ever you are that you know well or go home, marry one and leave her there. Family control over her is far better than the one you imagine abroad. Any girl that wants to mess around will, no matter where. But if she can mess around in Nigeria, thank God you did not bring her over.

BTW, there are boys that have done the same to highly professional women that went home to marry.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 10, 2014
I still believe there are cultured and well-trained Nigerian girls here shaa, I just haven't met one yet. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:34am On Dec 10, 2014
At least this trend shows that unlike what is being portrayed in mainstream medias Black people esp Africans stick to their own and won't hesitate to travel back and marry one of our African jewels ...

If only Akata and carribean could do the same with their females and stop exhibiting their low self esteem

@op/topic the answer is simple, no marriage material here and scarcity of people from your cultural background

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by olas24u(f): 12:56am On Dec 10, 2014
[i][/i]
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by CosmoFab: 1:12am On Dec 10, 2014
People have different reasons for making different choices. While some go back to Nigeria to look for husbands and wives, it is not every Nigerian in diaspora that does that. Some actually marry Nigerians in diaspora as well.

Like some have stated, some people do that because;
1. They dated before one of them traveled and have probably kept contact.
2. They want to marry from their tribe but could not find an available partner from their part.
3. Have limited choice and believe will find the right partner quickly back home.
4. And so many other reasons.

And for those saying there are no good husbands or wives in diaspora, the same applies to the ones in Nigeria. Many have married their husbands and wives from Nigeria who later joined them in whatever country they live in. But most of them have bitter stories to tell as the partners they shipped from Nigeria end up being worst than the once that have been living there. It's all about perception and illusion.

And @OP, don't forget to create a topic on why the so called Nigerian based men/women like saying yes to their diaspora based partner's proposal. What happened to the person they were dating before Mr/Miss diaspora came along?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by GboyegaD(m): 1:15am On Dec 10, 2014
donnypool:

bros you just need to move here and see for your self. most nigerian guys here go for white or asians or other blacks but not nigerian girls.

You know better though. Just let them be and they will come around.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Raiders: 1:29am On Dec 10, 2014
banku:
Only fools go to Nigeria and marry these days. Many of the Nigerian girls brought from home are worse than akata. Their morals make some akata look like saints. Nigerian girls will screw any and everything around you. Some of them are worse than prostitutes. That is why their husbands are killing them in Europe and America. Some even kick the husbands out of the house and bring their relatives in.

Your best best for a Nigerian wife is the one you know before you left home. If you are bent on marrying a Nigerian girl, look for one around where ever you are that you know well or go home, marry one and leave her there. Family control over her is far better than the one you imagine abroad. Any girl that wants to mess around will, no matter where. But if she can mess around in Nigeria, thank God you did not bring her over.

BTW, there are boys that have done the same to highly professional women that went home to marry.
I don't agree with you. An average African girl is better than an average Akata girl in terms of wife material. This is the reason 70% of Akata have kids out of wedlock. Nobody want to marry them so they end up having thugs baby daddy. I will choose a white or Hispanics lady over an Akata. Black America women have the highest rate of aids in America because they sleep around and having bastard children for different men. If you want to date or marry an Akata make sure she is educated with a college degree. 99% of the uneducated black America women are ghetto and lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by fittty(m): 1:37am On Dec 10, 2014
Raiders:
I don't agree with you. An average African girl is better than an average Akata girl in terms of wife material. This is the reason 70% of Akata have kids out of wedlock. Nobody want to marry them so they end up having thugs baby daddy. I will choose a white or Hispanics lady over an Akata. Black America women have the highest rate of aids in America because they sleep around and having bastard children for different men. If you want to date or marry an Akata make sure she is educated with a college degree. 99% of the uneducated black America women are ghetto and lazy.

Your head dey there. I keep telling my friends here to stay away from uneducated black American ladies. Especially those in their early 20's. They are full of sh*t. All they know is weed, tattoos, clubs, and curse words. The whites are very very decent creatures. Uneducated white woman better pass educated black babe sef... First thing I ask any black lady I meet is her education level.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:39am On Dec 10, 2014
Even me we dey outside wan come marry home joor,sweet home but i dey come for only virgins no second hand abeg.
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by CosmoFab: 1:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Raiders:

While they're talking about Nigerian girls in diaspora, this one is talking about African Americans. The person you replied clearly stated:

banku:
If you are bent on marrying a Nigerian girl, look for one around where ever you are that you know well or go home, marry one and leave her there.

But you changed the Nigerian girl around where ever you are to an Akata and how they have kids for multiple partners and lack education.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by lastpage: 1:44am On Dec 10, 2014
3cycle:
Mostly the guys in their 40s and its becoming a disturbing trend.
Why come home when you are old to pick fresh gullible naija girls? What were the guys doing in their 30's and late 20's abroad?

First, they are under a "very false illusion" that the girls in Naija are better than the crazy ones they are used to seeing over there in Obodo Oyinbo.

Secondly, for those who are grown-up before going abroad, the "cultural affinity" with a home-babe is always there. They still have a nostalgic picture of their "Lagos Babe" in their mind (Ofcourse, the 'cowboy' did not tell her he was relocating when he jumped ship!)

Thirdly, when guys travel abroad, they are on "a mission with a time frame", to better their lives. They have very limited time for "romance" in the first few years! Guys work 24/7 to make hard currency, build houses and invest so that they can be comfortable a bit, going forward. This add years to their age, hence the 35-40 range! grin grin

Fourth, At "abroad", its not the same way you can mingle with ladies! Odikwa it can be dangerous at times.[/b]
These "abroad girls" can invite you to sleep with them one moment and the next momen, [b]shout "R@pe"!

Now, such incidences have ruined the life of many young, innocent men (judging by later confessions) and guys are just not ready to take the risk. With Naija girls, you all know the "score"! Nobody send. wink

Fifth, babes in Naija also want to step-up! The daughter of my neighbour has been waiting in the last four years, for a guy abroad to come and take her for a wife! The guy sent his junior brother to represent him in the "engagement ceremony" sef.
When l asked her why she could not just settle down with the various suitors around in Naija, she retorted: Uncle, l am prepared to wait o, but l know sha, when l eventually go abroad, the end will justify all the wait! .... And l could not agree more with her. undecided undecided

Finally, those abroad guys know that the Naija babes will still appreciate the "small effizy" they have.
Send her a "7year-old Tokunbo" Honda and you don become "correct guy" meanwhile, that same car maybe destined for the scrap yard in Obodo oyinbo! grin grin

So, for both parties, it looks like a win-win situation!

But let me tell guys the real TRUTH: The Naija babe that you think is better than those "dangerous" ones abroad, will be worse than the girls you ran away from, in a few years time. Just take her over there first and God help you if you did "legal marriage" with her.

Judging the by the level of "failed Nigerian marriages" of "IMPORTED SPOUSES" l have come across, trust me on this, l know what l am saying.
The Devil you know at times, may be better than that Angel you dont really know.

Lastpage!

Caveat: This post is not intended to portray Naija Babes in bad light.
(a small fraction of them, like my wife, are God-sent! kiss kiss
But l just like "saying it as it is" so that no one will claim 'Dem no tell me now"! shocked shocked wink
***Buyers Beware****

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by lastpage: 1:56am On Dec 10, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Even me we dey outside wan come marry home joor,sweet home but i dey come for[b] only virgins[/b] no second hand abeg.

Forget that "Virgin story" Bros!
There are certified ways of faking it.
It will be so tight sef, you abunna will nearly break before entry and you go see Blood.

No be me go tell you why the cost of "Alum" suddenly went up!
(A'kii gbo buburu lenu Aboore: The gods speak no evil) undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lastpage!

BTW: "Complete inexperience" might be a hindrance in a marriage relationship though "moderate experience" l have come to realize, is the best alternative. I shout MODERATE o....! undecided grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by petikal(m): 2:19am On Dec 10, 2014
donnypool:

While some of that may be true, it depends on your association -- circle of friends -- and how you comport/present yourself. I do live in Edmonton as well, and I've seen a few well-behaved Nigerian ladies. Yes, many are prejudiced because they've either had a bad experience with our guys or know people who did.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 10, 2014
petikal:

While some of that may be true, it depends on your association -- circle of friends -- and how you comport/present yourself. I do live in E-Town as well, and I've seen a few well-behaved Nigerian ladies. Yes, many are prejudiced because they've either had a bad experience with our guys or know people who did.

That's the word. cheesy
Re: Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 10, 2014
petikal:

While some of that may be true, it depends on your association -- circle of friends -- and how you comport/present yourself. I do live in Edmonton as well, and I've seen a few well-behaved Nigerian ladies. Yes, many are prejudiced because they've either had a bad experience with our guys or know people who did.

my man, all i said is true, these nigerian chicks here in edmonton are all useless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twins Have A Special Connection: Fact Or Myth / A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos) / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.