Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

"Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo (28272 Views)

Buhari’s Aides Worry About His Health - Saharareporters / Buhari critically sick Apc Circulate Fake Photoshop Pic To Cover Up His Health / How Aliyu And Lamido Deceived Me- Gov. Amaechi: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by TheRealMrStan(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in his yet-to-be-released three-part memoirs titled My Watch, accused late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adau of deceiving him about how serious his health issues were before he became the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2007.

Obasanjo surprisingly helped Yar’Adua to pick PDP’s ticket but after his election, Yar’Adua frequently fell ill and eventually died in May 2010, paving the way for Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan to become president. However, Obasanjo was accused of installing a terminally ill northerner as president in order to return power to the south through the backdoor in no time.

In a chapter titled “To be or Not to be: Jonathan”, Obasanjo said Yar’Adau gave him the impression that he had overcome his health challenges and did not act responsibly when he eventually became terminally ill, reports online news portal, TheCable.

In portions of the book Obasanjo wrote:

“As can be expected, I was heavily involved in the transition and exit process that saw me leaving office for my successor, Umaru Yar’Adua, as recounted in Chapter Thirty-seven, the ninth chapter of the second volume of this book. The unprepared and unplanned transition from Yar’Adua to Jonathan was a more difficult exercise in some respects. One reason was the ‘cloak and dagger’ manner in which Yar’Adua’s illness was handled."

“The illness of a President cannot be regarded as private. His health has implications for the security and wellbeing of the nation. For the president and those around him to have attempted strenuously to keep the fact of the severity of his illness from public smacks of ignorance of the enormity of what the job entails and the level of provinciality of their understanding, attitude, and approach. “I remember that in 1978 or 1979 Chief Awolowo visited me while I was military head of state and shared with me how he would always stay at home to attend to the work at hand and only make a private visit to the UK once a year for health reasons if he became president of Nigeria. I made it clear to the chief that once he became president of Nigeria, he could have no private visit to anywhere as such. “Wherever he would be, he would be on duty, and the totality of his life would be public. I jokingly added that the only privacy he might lay claim to would be when he was at home with Mama Chief H.I.D., and that even then his security staff would be on twenty-four-hour duty.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/yaradua-deceived-me-about-his-health-says-obasanjo-in-new-book/

2 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Lies

Baba is a Chess Player, he knew the end from the beginning.

He knew Yar'adua would not last and also knew GEJ would take over.

If he is bringing out people's skeletons, he should not exclude his own.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by ameer2: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
I think obj is jex criticizing pple in his book so dat it ll sell...#IWontBuyYourBookOldMan

24 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
That's serious
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by MizMyColi(f): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
*Sniff* *Sniff*
I smell Lies.
We both know you're smarter than that.
tongue

Concerning this latest development of writing a 3 Volumed Autobiography.....I have a feeling; Either Baba is full of certain regrets and is trying to make things right, hence this public confession or He's just taken his Scheming abilities to an entirely new front.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by farano(f): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Who cares
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by yorke1: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
baba keep shut! The more you open your mouth, the more you look and sound stupidd!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by eobasi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Yeah.......I hv arrived.......
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by fireonmountain: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by atlwireles: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
Eya, this baba was finally deceived by a Nigerian. I thought he knew and saw everything. shocked

1 Like

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by chibwike(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
Too bad, he never wanted to leave that position, even his death was hidden from us....this goes a long way to show that..its only God's grace that keeps us alive, not our money,position or power.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by gabriel212: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
NAIRALAND is today dedicate to Obasanjo Autograph
looking forward to another topic from the book.

1 Like

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by englishmart(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
aha
Old man playing pranks.
As if he's supposed to tell you his health status.
Are you his doctor?

OBJ, you need not seek attention at your age

1 Like

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by seedord247(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
The same way you deceived and rigged him in... tongue
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by MrPresident1: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
I think say baba na Ebora Owu, dem fit deceive evil spirit ne?

3 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by roxell120(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
hs
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by fireonmountain: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Baba iyabo
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Wow! Still RIP to him.
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by mcdokwe(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
OBJ Go and rest already.

If only Nigerians would appreciate that you are part of an ugly past we should learn to do away with and take all you said with a pinch of salt.

The Constitution made it clear that for anybody to qualify as a deputy, he must also have all that is required of the main boss and I believe it was for unforeseen circumstances as the demise of Yar'Adua. If GEJ wasn't competent enough, why make him the deputy? Why did you fight tooth and nail to see he was elected in 2011?

We all understand GEJ wanted to be his own man and learnt to be assertive now Dr. Of letters done mature to Novelist.

Continue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Onedolar: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
R.i.p yaradua great president
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by datola: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
OBJ! Even a day old baby knew then that Yaradua was seriously ill.

3 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Obasanjo,please stop telling us everything you wrote in your book. Allow us to read it first.

Haba!!

4 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by joshbouy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
who dey deceive who
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by adekennis(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
OBJ throwing bombs left and right...
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Jesuspikin87(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mmm...A must read book.
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by mistabiola: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Baba he be like say na book dey reign now, my own book will be about nairaland and lindaikeji watch out!!! cheesy grin
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by aresa: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Was he deceived about Jonadumb's crooked, corrupt and incompetent ways too before saddling Nigerians with that failed character??

4 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by ellechrystal(f): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Tales by moonlight.
Liar liar. This guy should rest already. He is d brain behind all these silly crises in nigeria today.
D problem he has is very simple. His house boy johna is no longer taking instructions from him n he is no longer ruling. They r all d same. So he should shut up already..
Tuat angry angry angry angry
N he should stop looking 4 ways to play defensive by giving all dis long talks..

4 Likes

Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by roxell120(m): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
MrPresident1:
Dem fit deceive Ebora Owu ni?
i believe him.we nigerians forget so fast
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by moscobabs(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
and so what

was he not beta than you and the current President
Re: "Yaradua Deceived Me About His Health" - Obasanjo by Jesuspikin87(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
ameer2:
I think obj is jex criticizing pple in his book so dat it ll sell...#IWontBuyYourBookOldMan

#IWillBuyYourBookOldMan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged / Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate / Soldiers Massacare: Buhari Sends Defense Minister To Meet Chad's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.