Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,368 members, 7,957,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days (4876 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 10, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Meaning what? undecided

Do I sound like a 'worshiper' of idols? undecided
no nt at al,but wen u saíd divorce is part of lyf
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Vikkie14: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2014
K. Will be back in a moment please.

**modified**
Yes, there are lots of divorce these days, mostly due to "unpreparedness" of both or one of the couples. Most time, the lady may not be emotionally prepared. Some are really not emotionally stable. That's why some of them do cry during wedding or Trad. Marriage. This is not peculiar to the lady only as their male counter-part too could be categorized there.
What i still think is that, they are not including God in their marriage. "a family that prays together stays together" says a songwriter, and you cant pray when you dont acknowledge or bring God into your family. A woman is the builder of the home and the man is her companion. When going into marriage, one needs to pray before venturing into such cox marriage is a matter of "life and death".
Many home has got broken because the wife is not submissive and the husband is too authoritativ. Its only with patience that one can used to live with a woman.
Morealso, marriages failed because we dont wait for His 'will' rather we do our will. We choose based on beauty,money and looks while we forgot that "beauty is vain", "beauty would fade sooner or later". Marriage is sacred and sacred it must remain.
Put God FIRST. That's what many failed to do. All in all, there should be patience,understanding,maturity(emotional,age-wise), REAL love (between them), and God should take the CENTRAL position in their life.
Without these, there woud be divorce and broken homes, and that is why there are so many troubles in our society. Because the father and mother had "split their congo's of garri".
Have many things to say but time is constraining me.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkie14:
K. Will be back in a moment please.
i knw sy na dis tym ù go take ur leg waka go anoda place
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2014
Sameer1212.Zimoni,akumpzking,tradelyn,marioayoelebute
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by KanwuliaJara: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
no nt at al,but wen u saíd divorce is part of lyf

Is divorce not a fact of life? undecided
What is soooooooooo abnormal about it that some of you choose to make it a CARDINAL SIN on and off NL? undecided
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Vikkie14: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
i knw sy na dis tym ù go take ur leg waka go anoda place
Oops! Dont get me wrong please. Just have to do something first. I saw your "mentioning" so i had to heed your clarion call. Not like "shying away".
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Is divorce not a fact of life? undecided
What is soooooooooo abnormal about it that some of you choose to make it a CARDINAL SIN on and off NL? undecided
GOD HATES DIVORCE
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkie14:

Oops! Dont get me wrong please. Just have to do something first. I saw your "mentioning" so i had to heed your clarion call. Not like "shying away".
ok o
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by KanwuliaJara: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
GOD HATES DIVORCE

*ignored*

1 Like

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2014
Mizmycoli,africanapple,naijaboy,jenmima,dechandel,tymax,marieoale,samakinr,tosyne2much,chibwike,idowuogbo,kachiebarbie,rozzay,come in and drop ur comment,am xori if i misspelt ur name
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

*ignored*
hm y
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Tymax(m): 8:58am On Dec 10, 2014
It's cos people marry for love and not logical reasons.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by KanwuliaJara: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
hm y

Old topic. . .try some 'originality'! kiss
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Old topic. . .try some 'originality'! kiss
which1 b orìginality
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by TRADELYN: 9:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
Simple!

Many don't wanna make it work...they are looking for a so-called PERFECT MAN/WOMAN.

My Advice:
Each should think less of himself/herself...and more of your better half grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 10, 2014
TRADELYN:

Simple!

Many don't wanna make it work...they are looking for a so-called PERFECT MAN/WOMAN.

My Advice:
Each should think less of himself/herself...and more of your better half grin grin grin
hm,oga tradelyn.Always on point.Gudmonin

2 Likes

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by MizMyColi(f): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2014
jnrbayano:
If only people would humble themselves and make effort to understand what marriage is about.

If only people will quit this "hiring and firing" lifestyle they employ in relationships.

If only people will relax the emphasis on sex and material things (money)

If only people will take charge of their lives and not rely on anybody/anything for their happiness.

If only people will be willing to admit their mistakes and with contrite heart willing to change for the better.

Above all, if only people will find that church which has zero tolerance concerning divorce issues.

sad

One word sums it all up.

SelFishNess
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

One word sums it all up.

SelFishNess
hm,tnx 4 answering my cal
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by zeb04(f): 10:23am On Dec 10, 2014
Because everyone is seeing the light.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
because both parties or one of them love d idea of good flowing marriage and when d not too good comes, they chicken out.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by dechandel(f): 11:02am On Dec 10, 2014
Getting in for the wrong reasons. Such as age. A girl who is in her late twenties don't mind settling for less cause she feels her biological clock is ticking. The society also takes the blame for this one.

Money....

Insecurity can lead to fight, and questioning each other's intentions can put a dent into the trust

Wanting a perfect marriage.. There is nothing like a perfect marriage and there would never be. People see marriage these days as a bed of roses.
They crave for that fairytale life of living happily ever after. Which isn't helping.

Irreconcilable differences.. Na our nollywood celebs get this last one sha

2 Likes

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Youngpo413: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
Hm,SMH vìgorously.Wel'i tink d most important tin 2 do is 2 pray 4 d ryt patner b4 gettn married
TOUCHE`
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Youngpo413: 11:33am On Dec 10, 2014
pearlzy92:
A lot of people don't understand what marriage is all about. When u watch Telemundo too much, u start to think that's ow everything works. Marriage is an institution. Its nt about seein celebs post pictures on instagram and they r looking happy nd all or because ur frnd is already married and u also think its a competition. These days people don't take time to pray. Love is never enuf. Let's say u like her cos she's skinny lool, what happens wen she gives birth and she is now fat.
Marriage is another ball game entirely. A couple needs to b prayerful and also the wife needs to be submissive. Even if ur d vp, once ur submissive there will be peace. M nt married o, that's jst what v observed from married couples
your husband will be a very lucky man.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Youngpo413: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2014
lilmax:
They get married to the wrong person especially females
...thinking they can change HIM.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by lilmax(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2014
Youngpo413:
...thinking they can change HIM.
you just completed my comment, I blame their fish brains
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 10, 2014
zeb04:
Because everyone is seeing the light.
On the contrary, they've chosen to embrace lies. wink
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Youngpo413: 11:44am On Dec 10, 2014
lilmax:
you just completed my comment, I blame their fish brains
hehehe...they are called "fishbrains" for nothing,thats why I hardly pity them whenever they cry of hearbreak,most of them are reaping what they sowed for dumping a good guy for a player.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Youngpo413: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2014
I hate marriage,I believe in BABYMAMAISM.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by pearlzy92(f): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2014
Youngpo413:
your husband will be a very lucky man.
Loool. Thanku. Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by pearlzy92(f): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
Its true we put God first. That one is very very important. After putting God first, u don't marry and start to lounge. As a person u have to try ur best in every aspect.
1. B acommodating.
Welcome everyone. Ur husbands family, ur inlaws, ur own family. Treat them well. Respect them. This goes a long way
2. Respect ur husband nd vice versa.
The woman shld always respect her husband. Do what he wants. Cook for him. Don't let ur househelp take ur place in d house. Treat him right.
The men should always respect their wives too. Don't talk to her anyhow in front of family nd friends. This can damage her self esteem.
3. Dress well
Some wives belive that because they r married they have the right to dress anyhow e.g tyin wrapper in d house (I hate that). Wen ur in d house wf ur husband. Dress sexy, wear shorts, show dt ur hot..... When ur going out, dress smart nd clean. Ur husband will be proud. He will showcase u everywhere.
As for d men, they look good in almost everything they wear, so dis is no issue for men.
4.Communication
Always communicate wf each other. Talk abt everything. U guys r married now, u shld b eachothers bestfriend. Talk abt everything
5. Pray together.
This should be no 1. Agree together in ur house, everywhere.
6.Finance
Hmmmn. This one ehn. U need understanding.the husband is d head of the family. YES. But the wife shld also support financially. Don't leav everything to him. If he takes the school fees, rent nd upkeep. As the woman u can take up buying cloths for the children, or the food u eat.
There r some husbands who like to take d whole responsiblity. Fine. As d woman, jst be saving because there will b a day ur husband will need dt money.
7. Have date nights
Drop d kids off at ur mums house. Take each oda out, talk, enjoy each others company. Buy gifts for each oda. Dnt say because ur married now, u shld nt buy anyfn for d oda person.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by ROZZAYY(f): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Vikkyk10:
Mizmycoli,africanapple,naijaboy,jenmima,dechandel,tymax,marieoale,samakinr,tosyne2much,chibwike,idowuogbo,kachiebarbie,rozzay,come in and drop ur comment,am xori if i misspelt ur name
Yes u did mine is 2yy. Anyway am here wat happen.
Re: Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days by Tymax(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Yes u did mine is 2yy. Anyway am here wat happen.
So you quoted me.....

How far? You have been away for sometime now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Men Lose Interest In Their Wife After Some Years Of Marriage / Should I Introduce My Son To His Father? / Put It Up For Sale...............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.