Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. (8756 Views)

Uwazuruike To Set Up Parallel Government / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by TheRealMrStan(m): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2014
The Presidency, Tuesday, countered the claim that President Goodluck was desperate for power in 2015.

It said the president had no plans to postpone the 2015 general elections as earlier claimed by the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Reacting to the speculations in Abuja on Tuesday, Senior Special Adviser to President Jonathan on public affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, described the claim as “idiotic”, saying that the achievements of the president would speak for him at the polls come 2015.

The presidential aide flayed the APC over what he tagged their “do-or-die and win at all cost” tendencies.

Okupe insisted that Jonathan had done credibly well to be returned to power in 2015.

Okupe, who spoke at the 2014 Nigerian Pilot/Newsworld Annual Public Lecture and Award, which held at Sheraton Hotels in Abuja Tuesday, frowned at the claim that Jonathan was planing to postpone the election in a bid to stay longer in office.

He further tongue-lashed APC for threatening to form a parallel government should it fail to remove President Jonathan after the 2015 general election.

He said: “I have followed politics for over 30 years; I have never ever beenimage impressed by the Nigerian political elites, never. It’s a personal and self indictment but that is the truth. The struggle for power blind folds them and it is not a national struggle, it is a personal struggle and we are ready to do anything and everything. It is not just the style. I was in NRC; I was in Geneva Convention, anytime we need to fight for a purpose, it is always do or die, me or nobody. And that is why we have not made progress. I am part of and will not exclude myself.

“I feel like-this are my thoughts-political parties should offer alternative platforms for people to consider- this is what I will do for the country, this is my background, you come, you say your own then allow people to choose.

“When people choose, that is the end of it. All politics should end the day you cast your ballots. I contested virtually all the elections, I have won very few, but I have never ever rigged an election for myself or for anybody. I have never done it.

“The Nigerian political class must- well I don’t want to say things that are rhetorical because it doesn’t make sense, but I want to say, must learn great lessons, but it is too late. Maybe the younger generation may have different perspectives. We have not undergone the election itself and people are saying that we will form a parallel government for an election you have not lost.
http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/10/2015-jonathan-good-christain-not-desperate-power-presidency/

1 Like

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Firefire(m): 8:54am On Dec 10, 2014
Exactly!

APC threat is too much.

Parallel Government - APC

2015 shall be BLOODY - APC

Defend your votes with Juju - APC

Nigerians please open your eyes and see that APC is more evil.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by ceo4eva: 8:55am On Dec 10, 2014
APC are just packed with Selfish Power Mongers who absolutely have no plans for Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by ellguapo: 8:55am On Dec 10, 2014
Well...

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by politricks: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2014
So they want a 'perpendicular government'

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by chimerase2: 9:00am On Dec 10, 2014
Tot I hv seen dis news
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by manutdadex(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2014
every Nigerian shud! Na fear dey cause am

1 Like

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by accurate0805: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by idrisa334: 9:05am On Dec 10, 2014
this parallel govt issue will be the final undoing of Nigeria

10 Ways To Keep Him Interested Without Embarrassing Yourself
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/2004-10-ways-to-keep-him-interested-without-embarrassing-yourself
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Macelliot(m): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Apc una well done
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by dre11(m): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Parallel Wetin

I don't know why this government is feeling insecure again. With all the Federal might and security........ Una still dey talk of parallel government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2014
hmmm
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 10, 2014
Almajiri peoples cult

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Macelliot(m): 9:09am On Dec 10, 2014
torhuke:
Almajiri peoples cult
Asiwaju peoples' congress....
No wonder OBJ called him Thief-nu-bu!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 10, 2014
Xmas Carol on ma mind. Come one come all grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by mcdokwe(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2014
It is not their fault that we have an almost docile populace, a people deeply entrenched and thereby alienated by their struggle for survival, further divided by ethnicity and religion, a people whose idea of nationalism have been narrowed to power sharing, whilst our politicians bank on our ignorance and inability to see they are our real problems to mortgage our future.

II is true I am IGBO and proudly too, #butiamNigerian like all. Let's stand up for Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Iroh88(m): 9:13am On Dec 10, 2014

He further tongue-lashed APC for
threatening to form a parallel government
should it fail to remove President Jonathan
after the 2015 general election.
First this is a Huge Lie from the presidency. They have mastered the art of perpetually lying to the general public to incite them against the opposition. What Amaechi said was that "if the elections are rigged and not if they fail to REMOVE president Jonathan. And in my opinion, the presidency would only be jittery over pronouncements like this if they PLAN TO RIG the elections.

To this Day, I haven't seen anywhere the presidency condemned Asari for threatening Nigerians with unmitigated violence should they NOT VOTE Jonathan. This is a democracy and Nigerians reserve the right to chose their leaders!!

Again I've not seen the presidency condemn the state governor who asked his supporters to crush and kill opposition figures and supporters like cockroaches wherever they are found!

This is just too bad.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by lonelydora: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2014
But APC's threat is what is making PDP to behave well in some cases. Kudos to APC.

But GEJ until APC brings a credible person.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Truth24(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Must I reply
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Blackchampion(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2014
APC dis, APC dat.
U know what.....? I dnt really care which party wins com 2015, but wht i seem not to understand is why BUHARI is hell bent in ruling Nigeria again. Believe me I've asked my sef dis question several times but cudn't come up wit an answer. Hmmmmm!

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by jonadaft: 9:16am On Dec 10, 2014

Na wetin sef
Every day, you people just won't stop criticising me!
Am I the only one in power
Jona that, jona this...
Una wan kill person?
Even on Nairaland, I get mentioned most everyday!!!
All I ever wanted was a quite life in the creeks where I will be
having fun under a cool tree smoking weed, eating fresh fish
and drinking palm wine.
Na mama peace push me reach this level o. And she has said
we must rule till...
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by 1stola: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2014
HURRAY!!!
UP HYPOCRITES!
UP THIEVES!
UP RIGGERS!
UP 16 IS GREATER THAN 19 (plateau state)
UP 7 IS GREATER THAN 19 (ekiti state)
UP STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION (GEJ)!
UP JONADÁFT!
UP KORONATION!
UP CLUELESSNESS!
UP NIGERIA!
UP PDPígs!
UP TANoíds!
GEJ TILL 3030.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by mcdokwe(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2014
Smh
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by timi4mayo(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2014
C wetin dis guy (ameachi) don course naw.......well sha doyin u r highly mouthed
Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by dre11(m): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2014
He further tongue-lashed APC for threatening to form a parallel government should it fail to remove President Jonathan after the 2015 general election.

This is what Doyin okupe is so good at
Propaganda to its highest order.. .

All this politicans are just playing with our minds like chessboard and is only him that have the last standing queen's win the board

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Domaro: 9:21am On Dec 10, 2014
nawaa too for all this Agboro Parasitic Criminals APC

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Blackchampion(m): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2014
1stola:
HURRAY!!!
UP HYPOCRITES!
UP THIEVES!
UP RIGGERS!
UP 16 IS GREATER THAN 19 (plateau state)
UP 7 IS GREATER THAN 19 (ekiti state)
UP STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION (GEJ)!
UP JONADÁFT!
UP KORONATION!
UP CLUELESSNESS!
UP NIGERIA!
UP PDPígs!
UP TANoíds!
GEJ TILL 3030.
Stop typing in all CAPS, it meks u luk n sound more Clueless. #Peace

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by LastProphet: 9:24am On Dec 10, 2014
Thank u okupe, but please pack your bag to leave aso rock finally when jonathan and his 4 other presidents return to village in 2015

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Condemns APC's 'Parallel Government' Threat. by Nonybb: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2014
[b]OPEN LETTER TO NIGERIAN NORTHERNERS

Dear Northerners,

When kidnapping, arm robbery, thuggery and ritualist were rampant and straining in the South-East, the Governors nor citizens of that geo-political zone never blamed the President-in-charge then which is President Umaru Musa Ya'radua. I can recollect how the city of Aba was under a siege and inhabitable because of act of kidnappings.

The Governor, Theodore Orji, swung into action and arrested the situation before it gets out of hand. This was subsequently remedied by the military demise of a notorious figutive and criminal called Osisi-ka-nkwu(the wood that is greater than a tree).

It was a messy situation no doubt, but the lesson here is that nobody blamed the people at the helm of affairs. This is too childish and parochial. We were able to fathom that there is an enemy within. And with that mentality, we fought it.

Likewise in Anambra State when ritualist were having a field day, maiming and disturbing economic activities, the former Governor, Peter Obi, took it upon himself to ascertain the situation by marshalling a panoply of weaponry to confront the thugs.

Every nation is without a challenge and Boko Haram insurgency is not insurmountable, but what it could take is to shift from that mindset that a pogrom is being conducted on you people. Nobody can blame northerners for Boko Haram insurgency. Its an ill wind that blows no one good. It is our earnest prayer that the situation gets solved. But, equally, a challenge here is the mentality of the victims which irresponsibly blamed a sitting president that they help to vote in being the one killing them, for what purpose?

Atleast there must be a reason for every action as much as these. It is rather irrational and profound to stoop to low to believe such connotation of facts that is bereft of incontrovertible veracity.

To believe that a sitting President is culpable for the crime perpetuated in any segment of the society is a brazen show lack of trust, nonchalance to investigative and scientific approach to issues. Rather it even made more sense to believe that the oppositions are culpable than the Presidency, or aint you people aware of how this political skirmish started?. If the Government destroy Nigeria, who do they rule? How can you put your house on fire and not got burnt. So my point is to arouse our sense of Judgement in other not to sound irresponsible. The effort of the Government is to unite Nigeria and move us forward and not to divide us; atleast I know that it does serve their purpose since the profligates would have a field day doing what they know how to do best. I am not working for the Government neither do I intend to work with anyone of them. My own zeal is about principle, respect and non-incorrigible disposition to some partly misconstrued issues which is, accusing the wrong one ignorantly.

Thanks and Long Live Northern Nigeria

Long Live Arewa Nation

Long Live Muslims

Long Live Nigeria[/b]

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar / U. S Attorney Sues Buratai And Fg over invasion in Nnamdi Kanu's house. photos / IPOB Accuses Ihedioha Of Grabbing Communal Land For Herders In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.