Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,525 members, 7,843,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo (941 Views)

Saraki-led APC Lawmakers Endorse David Mark For 3rd Term / Rivers State Populace Say No To 3rd Term / Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Theultimate(m): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, for the first time opened up on the third term agenda in the twilight of his two-term presidency, accusing some Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governors of being behind the third term project because they were going to benefit from it.
At the launch of his autobiography titled: ‘My Watch’, at the Lagos Country Club, Ikeja, Obasanjo denied seeking a third term but admitted he knew about it.
Obasanjo, who said he was not afraid of telling the truth, insisted that everything he wrote in the book was true.
According to him, “People say that it was obvious that I wanted a third term and I ask those who say I was behind the third term to bring concrete evidence to prove that I spearheaded it. I have presented evidence in my book that proves that I was not behind it, even though I knew about it. Some governors were the ones behind it because they felt the governors would benefit from it. If people say that it was obvious that I wanted a third term, they should present concrete evidence to the public that I am telling a lie. I have evidence to prove that everything I wrote is true and anyone that feels otherwise should present concrete evidence to prove his point.
“Third term was not my agenda or intention although I would not say I didn’t know about it. I didn’t mastermind third term. Those who were telling me to go on were the governors that were going to benefit from it.”
The former president also said he had no regrets in his involvement on how both late Yar’Adua and Dr Goodluck Jonathan became presidents saying, “I don’t regret bringing in Yar’Adua and Jonathan. If they don’t do well, those coming from behind should learn from me and do better”.
He added that he was not infallible and people should learn from his action.
He also said that he had sought avenues to ventilate his observations and positions with President Jonathan but had to resort to writing open letters to him because his efforts were frustrated.
He also commented on the injunction restraining him from publishing his autobiography.
He said: “I had given the book to my editors and to the publisher. As far as I am concerned, my job is done. I had written the book and printed before the court injunction. In a normal judiciary, the judge should be sanctioned and I hope something will be done. We are here legally and lawfully and we will continue to act lawfully and legally.”
Yar’Adua deceived me, says Obasanjo
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, accused his late successor, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua of deceiving him, before he became the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2007 about the seriousness of his illness which he never recovered from till he died in office.
In his yet-to-be-released three-part volume of his memoirs titled My Watch, which was exclusively obtained by an online journal, The Cable Alert, Obasanjo revealed how late Yar’Adua gave him the impression that he had overcome his health challenges and did not act responsibly when he eventually became terminally ill.
Obasanjo was instrumental to late Yar’Adua picking the PDP presidential ticket but frequently fell ill after his election and eventually died in May 2010, paving the way for the incumbent president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan who was then vice-president to become acting president. Obasanjo was thereafter accused of deliberately installing a terminally ill Yar’Adua, a Northerner, as president in order to eventually return power to the south through the back door.

Author/Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, (left) with the Publisher of the Book ,Dr Eghosa Imasuen, at the presentation of a Book Tittle: ”My Watch”, By Olusegun Obasanjo in Lagos… yersterday 09/12/2014

Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by temitemi1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
And u are so gullible to be allowed yourself to be pushed around by those governors that u are old enough to be their father. Yeye dey ooz...
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Asek1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nice explanation

But mention names or adonbilivit!angry
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Chaleeee: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
I hope OBJ included the part where he slept with his son,s (Gbenga) wife.

I hope he included the part where he used his office as the president to enrich himself.

Did he include how he converted Operation Feed The Nation Farms which is a national project to his personal property in the name of Obasanjo Farms, Otta.

Does the book include how he messed up Nigeria universities only to go an build a private university of his own?

Did he include the part where he forced contractors to build his hilltop mansion without paying them the full money agreed upon?

1 Like

Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by ddddon(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
obj my best HEAD OF STATE EVA
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Tolexander: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
I wish Yar Adua is alive to make his own statement!
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by hopilo: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
what did OBJ say about his sex life
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
This man sees no fault of his in anything all... Such personalities are extremely dangerous.
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Youngzedd(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
Reading
Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, for the first time opened up on the third term agenda in the twilight of his two-term presidency, accusing some Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governors of being behind the third term project because they were going to benefit from it.
At the launch of his autobiography titled: ‘My Watch’, at the Lagos Country Club, Ikeja, Obasanjo denied seeking a third term but admitted he knew about it.

Re: Governors Behind My 3rd Term Bid – Obasanjo by Theultimate(m): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
what is even his plan on the book?

(1) (Reply)

2015: Why You Should Vote Buhari / Breaking News:Lagos State Deputy Governor Loses Dad / Next FG Will Arraign A Top Govt Official on Corruption Charges! #GEJ2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.