Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M (14228 Views)

"I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by Ikott(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2014
Thieves
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by Edusouls(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2014
nigeria and their gangstar pastors. chai efcc have left their work to prosecute these heartless thief politicians that embezzle billions that puts nigerian people to endless suffering and daily life shortning stress, to prosecute minimal criminals, chai this gej administration forces tears down my cheek..
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by ICHINONYE(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2014
The two problem we re mostly havin in dis country are Pastors ( religion ) and ( politicians) ethnic politics.

2 pastors gone I pray more folows,thief hiding under d cover of bible
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by joseph1832(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2014
Even with pastors, level pass level! Waiting for the day the court will convict the main pastors who make a living of the suffering of unsuspecting christians...
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by lilmax(m): 10:01am On Dec 11, 2014
This is nice
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by kingthreat(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2014
This ones are small timers. Imagine how much will be recovered if EFCC is to diligently investigate all churches.
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by LordCenturion(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2014
JoeArmsD1:
Until I begin to see headlines like this.......

OBJ sentenced to 32yrs behind bars

APC banned from the political space for making derogatory comments

Not EFCC parades and two pastors sentenced to prison.

I would never take EFCC and court judgments serious!
Rubbish!

ori'e ti bur*u ...iwo olori buru**ku,,,simple English u can't write,,is that how your stewpeed teacher taught U?,..WERE

1 Like

Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by akoaki(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2014
What ministry do these rogues represent ? These ones just carried their business too far. They should have remained in the vineyard of the lord where their criminality is well protected by our laws.
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 11, 2014
LordCenturion:

ori'e ti bur*u ...iwo olori buru**ku,,,simple English u can't write,,is that how your stewpeed teacher taught U?,..WERE
sorry yokel....
I never knew I had one myopic and dyslexic wuss reading my post!!!
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by blackfase(m): 10:34am On Dec 11, 2014
Lets leave the pastors alone in this case abeg. I blame the mumu followers....

PastorKun:

Do prisoners earn income It would be the most callous thing for any pastor to even collect offerings from prisoners talkless of tithes.
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by wunmi590(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2014
lalasticlala:
Find the EFCC Press statement below:

Justice F. O Ohwo of Delta State High Court, Warri, Delta State, on Wednesday, December 10, 2014, convicted and sentenced Pastor Glory Okeoghene Abrefera and Reverend Vincent Okpogu to seven (7) years imprisonment each for stealing depositors' fundsamounting to N32million ( Thirty- Two Million Naira only).

The two clergymen were nabbed after deceiving unsuspecting members of the public into investing in Mustard Seed Micro Investment Limited, a wonder bank, and defrauded them of their hard-earned money.

While delivering judgment today, Justice Ohwo convicted the accused persons on all of the nine count charges preferred against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC.

They were sentenced to seven years imprisonment on each count. The sentence is to run concurrently.

According to the judge, the convicts will serve the seven-year term at Okere Prisons in Warri, Delta State, after completing the ten years sentence they are currently serving for illegal banking.

It would be recalled that Abrefera and Okpogu were on January 7, 2013, convicted and sentenced to ten (10) years imprisonment by Justice I. N. Buba of the Federal High Court Asaba, on a 4-count charge, for operating a wonder bank called Mustard Seed Micro Investment Limited.According to the prosecutor, Mr. G. K. Latona,"the convicts are still answering to other chargesat Otor-Udu High Court for related offences.

http://lindaikeji..in/2014/12/photo-court-jails-two-pastors-7-years.html?m=1

Wey d scnd pastor face or idonbilievit
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by manutdadex(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2014
the fact dat they were pastors, na 80yrs dem supose giv dem!
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by Austin234(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2014
I want to hear what was done to recover d N32m frm dem or is it just afta d jail term, they wil continue their usual fraud while d victims go asorowing?
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by akatonero(m): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2014
Only? Habe!!!

Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by AJOT99(m): 11:44am On Dec 11, 2014
Promo starting from the 11th of December 2014 to 13th of December 2014.

Get 1GB MTN for as low as #1100
2GB for #2200
3GB for #3300
and you can pay thru anymeans either by bank payment or thru recharge card.

Offer valid while stock last!!!
Call 08133602182 or check the thread on my signature.
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by Jsaviour(f): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
foolish EFCC - una no see politicians we dey loot our money n rendering the citizens useless, no b because they no see job n they decided to do anything to survive, most people engaging in all these illegal business is because of d effect of what d politicians have done to d money of the poor masses. though am not supporting any form of illegal means of surviving but d real cause of the problem shld b tackled which are all those thieves called politicians
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by dimensional(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
lalasticlala:
Find the EFCC Press statement below:

Justice F. O Ohwo of Delta State High Court, Warri, Delta State, on Wednesday, December 10, 2014, convicted and sentenced Pastor Glory Okeoghene Abrefera and Reverend Vincent Okpogu to seven (7) years imprisonment each for stealing depositors' fundsamounting to N32million ( Thirty- Two Million Naira only).

The two clergymen were nabbed after deceiving unsuspecting members of the public into investing in Mustard Seed Micro Investment Limited, a wonder bank, and defrauded them of their hard-earned money.

While delivering judgment today, Justice Ohwo convicted the accused persons on all of the nine count charges preferred against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC.

They were sentenced to seven years imprisonment on each count. The sentence is to run concurrently.

According to the judge, the convicts will serve the seven-year term at Okere Prisons in Warri, Delta State, after completing the ten years sentence they are currently serving for illegal banking.

It would be recalled that Abrefera and Okpogu were on January 7, 2013, convicted and sentenced to ten (10) years imprisonment by Justice I. N. Buba of the Federal High Court Asaba, on a 4-count charge, for operating a wonder bank called Mustard Seed Micro Investment Limited.According to the prosecutor, Mr. G. K. Latona,"the convicts are still answering to other chargesat Otor-Udu High Court for related offences.

http://lindaikeji..in/2014/12/photo-court-jails-two-pastors-7-years.html?m=1

The Pastors to my best of knowledge did not steal the said money. They started a group of company called MUSTARD SEED GROUP, comprises of mustard seed microfinance bank in Enerhen, Solace Fast food in Ekpan and into forex trading but the way they raise funds was through MLM, invest in mustard seed introduced so and so number of people. When it became obvious they will fail is when they started giving loans (like say tomorrow no dey, people wey collect neva pay back) cars and houses "that is you can be a landlord with some thousands of naira refer so and so amount of people... You can be a car owner, refer...". If they have maintained the micro finance bank and the solace fast food which was been patronised very well then they would still be in business. They are trying to do what Dr Sunny Ojeagbease was doing in Lagos Success Digest group, the entrepreneurship movement in Warri. Though they started forceful, mustard seed was then actually becoming a big business brand in Warri featuring almost everyday in radio and television, running empowerment programmes. Beautiful ideas but they failed!
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by lovelyadeola(m): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
yungryce:
i guess their ministry has moved to d promise land
To permanent site I guess
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by lovelyadeola(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
yungryce:
i guess their ministry has moved to d promise land
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by synergycom19: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
I heard that Bishop Oyedepo has rebranded his messages to Righteousness,because of a truth the prosperity messages are producing 419ners,Fraudsters,greed,wickedness within the churches than being agents of Righteousness,joy,love of GOD and neigbour,patience etc which are the fruits of the spirits
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by BinghiNya(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
All pastors are robbers but not all robbers are pastors, xtianity a religion where money overrides salvation, make ogun kill anyone wey quote me

1 Like

Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by BARKiNG1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
Pastors known to be wolves in sheep clothong should be jailed for life.
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by BARKiNG1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
BinghiNya:
All pastors are robbers but not all robbers are pastors, xtianity a religion where money overrides salvation, make ogun kill anyone wey quote me
robbers and pastors no bi d same then be for naija
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by SHOCK7(m): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
Francon:
... it is well
Is dat all u gat 2 say?
Re: Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
It be like say jesus himself na thief how he go they send this pple out to defraud. arrest the guy jesus way send them & sentence him 100 years.if u arrest jesus himself u will that this thurgs will stop the stealings

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Fallen Under Anointing? / Prophet CS Upthegroove Ordains Prophet TB Joshua Today! / Dr. Paul Enenche admonishes Nigerian leaders again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.