Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World (581 Views)

16 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa / 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World / Photos Of The 35 Senators Who Want Under-aged Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World by genny2kuk(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2014
Ever wondered which country you should avoid getting into any military conflict? Well, the business insider did a great analysis and breakdown of these powerful militaries.

Read on "For a simpler evaluation of military power, we turned to the Global Firepower Index, a ranking of 106 nations based on more than 50 factors including overall military budget, available manpower, and the amount of equipment each country has in its respective arsenal, as well as access to natural resources.

The index focuses on quantity, ignoring significant qualitative differences — North Korea's 78 submarines, for instance, aren't exactly state of the art. It also does not factor in nuclear stockpiles, which are still the ultimate trump card in geopolitics. And it doesn't penalize landlocked nations for lack of a standing navy.

We've created a chart to compare the top 35 militaries according to the Global Firepower Index. The ranking was released in April (before events like the Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine in August, ISIS's blitz through Iraq, and the flare-up between Israel and Hamas) and involves a complex set of data that is subject to ongoing adjustments and corrections."

Source http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-most-powerful-militaries-2014-12

Re: The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World by Beesluv: 8:30am On Dec 11, 2014
I didn't see Nigeria on that list. Probably, our men are busy collecting N50 from motorists grin
Re: The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World by genny2kuk(m): 8:35am On Dec 11, 2014
For the purpose of clarity

Re: The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World by ammyluv2002(f): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2014
I don't care about that list . I believe in Nigeria military and I know they are among the world best....list or no list undecided

Salute to great men of the Nigeria military jare grin

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Police Defuse Bomb In Popular Owerri Eatery / Powerful Haj. Talatu Joins Labour Party Kaduna / Arumah Oteh’s SEC, NNPC, Top List Of Agencies Stealing Billions Federal Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.