Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,212 members, 7,825,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE (1962 Views)

Define Your "Current" Relationship Or Your "Dream" Relationship / Songs That Define Your Current Love Status / Define Your Boy/girlfriend/wife In 3 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
I was discussing with my friend for over two hours, and we were both trying to define love from different point of views.

This got me really thinking, maybe the reason why relationships don't work anymore is because we all define "love" differently.
So in my own opinion, if Mr A. meets Miss B, and they both feel an affinity for the same concepts, then love exists, but if not or if after a while they find out that what attracted them is no longer there, then love dies.

Or

Was there love in the first place or simply misplaced affection.

Because LOVE is supposed to be "Unconditional"

So I needed to ask, what's your own concept of love,

1. When it's convenient for me....
2. When he/she meets a certain criteria e.g social/financial/academic status?
3. Looks and appearance
4. Fame and fortune
5. Character/personality - This one is ambiguous though.
6. Self satisfaction....(Men and sex, Women and money & vice versa).

Then if love is based on any of the above, can it be called love?

If love is truly "Unconditional" then I strongly believe, Love is all you need.

That's the few I could come up with. Feel free to add yours or make your observations.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by holatin(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Mutual understanding and feelings
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by simdam500(m): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
when ogechi pay my dowry
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Cholls(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
My brother number 6
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Maamin(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Love is when your BF/GF is drinking garri and groundnut and you visit him/her, and pick your own spoon and tell him/her "if you finish that garri ehn" grin
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Maamin:
Love is when your BF/GF is drinking garri and groundnut and you visit him/her, and pick your own spoon and tell him/her "if you finish that garri ehn" grin

Very funny grin grin

1 Like

Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
Cholls:
My brother number 6

Then it's fair game, no need for Girls ain't loyal, or Men are wicked tag.
You give me what I want or you get the hell out....

I wish people will be that honest about their expectations when they are "in love"
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
love is blind
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Cholls(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
Kingsleyinfo:

Then it's fair game, no need for Girls ain't loyal, or Men are wicked tag.
You give me what I want or you get the hell out....

I wish people will be that honest about their expectations when they are "in love"
my brother that's what's up! No time and u know this life you see is too short.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by MzzTega(f): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
alryt
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Mzgracie(f): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
kristina1:
love is blind

Hehehehe

Love is blind ke! Love has eyes ooo, confirm eyes gansef.

My dear, when you wanna fall in love. Shine that eyes wella. As I dey so, nah four eyes my own love get.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Mzgracie:

Hehehehe

My dear, when you wanna fall in love. Shine that eyes wella. As I dey so, nah four eyes my own love get.
Exactly,i go shine am o o
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Mzgracie(f): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
kristina1:

Exactly,i go shine am o o

Lol

That's better.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
kristina1:
love is blind

That notion died after my first relationship

Too much Mills and Booms can get ideas into your head grin grin grin grin
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
Mzgracie:

Hehehehe

Despite the eyes being wide open people still don't get the real deal...

I will come back with my submissions much later, I guess this is one idea we all need to get straight.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by sinizia: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nothing to define. Love doesn't not exist.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by ronald4lif(m): 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
Love is unexplainable majority of the time, love is sharing, understanding, and you just find yourself can't do without a person for a second without thinking about that special person. You see, picturing life without him/her is suicidal. When one is in love they realised that things appear to work in their good and favour, nothing in life can deter happiness. Love is a beautiful thing if it's genuine and devoid of selfish motives, it takes two to be in love and mutual effort from either lovers to make it work
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Below is the picture that started the whole ish

Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 12, 2014
there r two types or should I say sources of true love. first is the love our creator has for us. 2nd is the love btw family, a strong example is that of mother n child. These two never die irrespective of age, status, health, etc. that's y u c a mother loving her child even if crippled.

now for the other kind of 'love'. the one btw bf/gf. it's as fake as fake can b. for example when a girl starts dating she claims she is in love. as she grows older she changes bf or he changes gf as d case may be. this leads to d question 'what happened to all those feelings'? exactly. they died. meaning they were strong but not strong enuf to survive test of time, finances, character, maturity etc. u cannot truly claim to love so many when it ends so often. we youths should stop deceiving ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 12, 2014
Prixus:
there r two types or should I say sources of true love. first is the love our creator has for us. 2nd is the love btw family, a strong example is that of mother n child. These two never die irrespective of age, status, health, etc. that's y u c a mother loving her child even if crippled.

now for the other kind of 'love'. the one btw bf/gf.

Or more precisely:

Agabe: godly unconditional love
Phileo: brotherly love
Eros: ooh..e*rotic-a. Yea baby!!!

Ideally a well rounded perfect love should include all three in a marriage relationship preferably.

Lets not forget we are to model love or emulate or strive for love described in 1st Corinthians 13: 4-8

1 Like

Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 12, 2014
Chiadanin:

Or more precisely:

Ideally a well rounded perfect love should include all three in a marriage relationship preferably.

Lets not forget we are to model love or emulate or strive for love described in 1st Corinthians 13: 4-8
well spoken ma'am. those 3 words summarise it. I just explained without using religious terms. it's easier to relate with n more realistically detailed.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
Prixus:

now for the other kind of 'love'. the one btw bf/gf. it's as fake as fake can b. for example when a girl starts dating she claims she is in love. as she grows older she changes bf or he changes gf as d case may be. this leads to d question 'what happened to all those feelings'? exactly. they died. meaning they were strong but not strong enuf to survive test of time, finances, character, maturity etc. u cannot truly claim to love so many when it ends so often. we youths should stop deceiving ourselves.

Excellent.

It therefore means that what we call love in romantic terms is actually very conditional in nature.

This leads me to my submission.
Love should be unconditional for it to be called "Love"
Human's are not capable of "unconditional love" except it be defined by blood relationships.

Relationships are testing ground for compatibility analysis and nothing more.

"I Love you" from a boy to a girl or vice versa can mean anything..(Sex, Financial assistance, Status, Fame, etc) but anything from unconditional.

Matured minds already know this, so the next time you find yourself cursing a lady or a guy for breaking your heart.... it ain't really necessary,
That's just the "love" it is......

1 Like

Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Chiadanin:

Or more precisely:

Great. but is it possible?

Human's are just too selfish in nature
The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Love, simply put, is the act of doing good to someone irrespective of our feelings or emotions.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by joshbouy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
John 3:16
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingsleyinfo:

Excellent.

It therefore means that what we call love in romantic terms is actually very conditional in nature.

This leads me to my submission.
Love should be unconditional for it to be called "Love"
Human's are not capable of "unconditional love" except it be defined by blood relationships.

Relationships are testing ground for compatibility analysis and nothing more.

"I Love you" from a boy to a girl or vice versa can mean anything..(Sex, Financial assistance, Status, Fame, etc) but anything from unconditional.

Matured minds already know this, so the next time you find yourself cursing a lady or a guy for breaking your heart.... it ain't really necessary,
That's just the "love" it is......
well spoken sir Kingsley. it's good to know that a lot more of us r beginning to understand this bf/gf thing for what it really is. understanding it would save one from a lot of heartache n in my case it would hv prevented me from failing two papers if I had this previous knowledge. for me now it's all about school but this time without the burden of 'being in love'. not that I don't hv d occasional fling but this time my heart doesn't get involved.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Oluwadare: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
lOVE is giving your heart to someone else and trusting him/her not to hurt you. Based on my understanding.

1 Like

Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Oluwadare:
lOVE is giving your heart to someone else and trusting him/her not to hurt you. Based on my understanding.
Well that trust has been abused severally..... That's why I am faulting modern definition of love

Love now has become an issue of convenience.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingsleyinfo:

Great. but is it possible?

Human's are just too selfish in nature
The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?

No. Not possible but it is a yardstick. Good to have gold standard even if not possible.

Is there a woman like that of proverb 31?
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Chiadanin:

No. Not possible but it is a yardstick. Good to have gold standard even if not possible.

Is there a woman like that of proverb 31?

I wish I could find her
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingsleyinfo:

I wish I could find her

She doesnt exist. But you can get close.

So find one who comes close. Decide what you can or cannot live with and go from there.

I know its hard. Patience I suppose.
Re: Define Your Concept Idea Of LOVE by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Love is when you started crying cos she hiss at you,mutual understanding defines love better

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will I Do? My Neighbor Keep Disturbing Me With......! / Some Real Facts About Men And Women / Who's Fault "Oga Or Maid?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.