Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia (2657 Views)

Alex Otti Dancing With Ladies (Photo) / Buhari Snubs Victor Umeh, As Security Orders Him Out Of President-elect’s House. / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
A new leadership of the All Progressives Grand
Alliance (APGA) emerged Wednesday with Chris
Ejike Uche selected as the National Chairman
following a court order which suspended Chief
Victor Umeh.
Uche, who is the Deputy National Chairman,
South, announced his leadership at a press
conference in Umuahia, saying that his action
was “pursuant to article 12(26) of the APGA
constitution, which empowers the national
deputy chairman, South, to act in place of the
National Chairman.”
He has swiftly commenced the exercise of his
new powers and announced the lifting of the
suspension, recall and granting of waiver to all
the members of the 2011 convention
suspended by Umeh.
Umeh was on Monday restrained from
exercising his functions as APGA national
chairman, following an interim ex-parte order
issued by an Abia State High Court.
The order was based on a suit filed by five
members of the party challenging Umeh’s
continued stay in office as national chairman
when his eight-year tenure of two terms had
expired on December 1, 2014.
“We have assumed leadership of the party in
compliance with the court decision,” the new
interim chairman said, adding that “Umeh is
joking with the affairs of the party.”
Flanked by the Deputy National Chairman,
North, Sadeeq Ibrahim Masalla and the Deputy
Welfare Secretary, Hon Ezekiel Adekunle
Shonubi, the acting chairman said a substantive
national chairman would emerge at a national
convention slated for February 2015.
Recalling the cycle of crisis that APGA has been
going through over the years, Uche said Umeh’
s leadership style was blamed as the root
cause.
“He (Umeh) has caused a lot of bleeding for the
party because of his highhandedness, and
arbitrariness,” he said, citing the appointment
of Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu without consulting the
National Working Committee (NWC).
The new chairman also dropped a bombshell for
the former Group Managing Director of
Diamond Bank, Dr. Alex Otti, who on Monday
emerged governorship candidate in a parallel
primary held in Umuahia.
Uche categorically stated that the only APGA
candidate for Abia is Chief Reagan Ufomba, who
emerged in a primary supervised by the national
leadership of APGA, adding that Otti is not and
had never been a member of APGA.”
He said this time around, APGA would not
welcome anybody who would come like the Imo
State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, who
used APGA’s platform to win election and
dumped the party thereafter.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apga-replaces-umeh-disowns-otti-as-guber-candidate-for-abia/196393/
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
Obiano need to wield the big stick and stop this foolishness!

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by IGBOSON1: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
If these bastards succeed in scheming out Otti (like they did Soludo) then i'll be left in no doubt that APUGA is a curse rather than a blessing to Ndigbo! sad

I extend my heartfelt condolences in advance to poor Abians......Seems like their state is doomed to be governed by charlatans and local champions till they self-implode with bad governance!

3 Likes

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by abagoro(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
APGA's crisis has lingered for more than 10 years mainly because Umeh seems to believe its his personal property. Chekwas Okorie who trulyvfound APGA has been long pushed off.

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by yuncka: 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Idiots, these guys are not worthy to be called an oposition party cos even a birthday party is better than them.

Now Abians are havin no other option dan to vote Ochendos pet.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:
If these bastards succeed in scheming out Otti (like they did Soludo) then i'll be left in no doubt that APUGA is a curse rather than a blessing to Ndigbo! sad

I extend my heartfelt condolences in advance to poor Abians......Seems like their state is doomed to be governed by charlatans and local champions till they self-implode with bad governance!
I share your sentiments.

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Ngwakwe: 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
Alex Otti was still bound to lose.

What Alex Otti is capable of doing, Ochiagha Reagan Ofomba has the capacity to do and deliver.

The hypocrisy of Igbo Unity is about to be shattered for the reason of Ngwaphobia passed on from generation to generation against the largest single tribe in Igboland.

I will be watching as events unfold and looking forward while hoping that Abians and Ndigbo by extension get it right this time around.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

What Alex Otti is capable of doing, Ochiagha Reagan Ofomba has the capacity to do and deliver.

The hypocrisy of Igbo Unity is about to be shattered for the reason of Ngwaphobia passed on from generation to generation against the largest single tribe in Igboland.

I will be watching as events unfold and looking forward while hoping that Abians and Ndigbo by extension get it right this time around.
you must be very happy about this news.
Meanwhile is Reagan Ufomba the same person as Reagan Remedies?
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by desgiezd(m): 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
This Party is so unstable and I guess Alex Otti would, by now, be regretting leaving his exalted position for politics!

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Interesting times in the East
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Collynzo9: 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Assuming he finally gets the ticket, will you support Ufomba (also Ngwa) over Ikpeazu?
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Collynzo9: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Meanwhile Alex Otti and his wife at his at the recreation center Aba where he was unveiled as APGA's candidate today.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Stop spewing lies,nwokem.
Nobody schemed Soludo out; He was disqualified because he had a pending case with efcc.
Secondly,he has no support base in Apga. And thirdly,he is not better than Oseloka Obaze nor Willie Obiano. Willy Obiano and Obi have known each other for decades and Obi knows his capability and thats why he tapped his shoulder to return home. Obaze on the other hand has brain but no financial backing to foot the campaign bills,coupled with other stuff. This left us with nobody but Obiano who is a complete package. Stop overhyping Soludo because he is just an academician,while Obiano is a thoroughbred technocrat.

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
For Abia to develop and achieve her potentials they need a sound technocrat in the mould of Alex Otti. Regan Ufomba is more of a businessman and opportunist. Ndi Abia this is your chance to chose the right man for the job,or else you are doomed for good. Vote Alex Otti or keep suffering. Look at what is happening in Anambra and think what Abia will look like if you vote Otti in.
Ekenekwaam unu.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Ngwakwe: 3:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
berem:
you must be very happy about this news.
Meanwhile is Reagan Ufomba the same person as Reagan Remedies?

No he isn't, He is the Chairman/CEO of 1.2million metric tons capacity Reagan Cement plant in Calabar.

Happy for what?

The same bird that cried in the night which killed the "peacemaker" is still alive and roaming around the village square.

Just like Nelson Mandela cried against subjugation of Black majority so do I cry for abolition of Ngwaphobia in Aba and by extension Igboland.

I have better privileges than my kinsmen because I am regarded as Aro blood. It is time we preach this peace, unity and equality in all spheres of our lives as a people.

Every support for political office in Abia State is surrounded by hidden agenda which is about to be unravelled.

Will same people who is campaigning for APGA continue?

If Yes, thank goodness

If No, the battle against Ngwaphobia just started.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Schematics: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Otti is still the candidate of APGA. Tune in to AIT right now and watch what is going on..

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Schematics: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
Happening now in Abia state.. grin

2 Likes

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Ngwakwe: 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
Collynzo9:

Assuming he finally gets the ticket, will you support Ufomba (also Ngwa) over Ikpeazu?

If he is a frontline contender and not a pretender - Yes

He is my colleague in this fight for equality and United Igboland.

However, due to backwardness of Nigerian politics where tribe, region and religion still play determinant roles, I foresee these permutations

Abia South - 8 years

Abia North (Isiukwuato) - 8 years

Then

Abia Central (Isiala Ngwa/Osisioma Ngwa) - 8 years

Until our politics evolve where the factors enumerated above are abolished in determining political offices and positions then Abia South should have it now.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by ICHINONYE(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ure just a noice maker wen it comes to Abia politics, we won't hear word 4u again wit u n dis ur Ngwaphobia, who is scared of Ngwa man,we re sayn ow our state wil b beta but al u keep shouting siince s Ngwaphobia
Ngwakwe:

If he is a frontline contender and not a pretender - Yes

However, due to backwardness of Nigerian politics where tribe, region and religion still play determinant roles, I foresee these permutations

Abia South - 8 years

Then

Until our politics evolve where the factors enumerated above are abolished in determining political offices and positions then Abia South should have it now.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Nebuchadnezar: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
this berem is very mad oo is the apga am watching now with obiano umeh otti presentation on ait.

chai berem can lie ooo

and who said that obiano is not supporting Gej ?

btw

i love berem though

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Collynzo9: 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

[s]If he is a frontline contender and not a pretender - Yes

Abia South - 8 years

Then

Until our politics evolve where the factors enumerated above are abolished in determining political offices and positions then Abia South should have it now.[/s]
Absolute trash!
Your permutation ends here on Nairaland.
See the kind of person Seun made a moderator.

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Ngwakwe: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Collynzo9:

Absolute trash!
See the kind of person Seun made a moderator.

The symptoms of Ngwaphobia detected

Bye
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Collynzo9: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Alex, the son of Otti is being unveiled live on AIT.
Haters can go and kpeme!
Abia must be rescued.

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Ngwakwe: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
desgiezd:
This Party is so unstable and I guess Alex Otti would, by now, be regretting leaving his exalted position for politics!

Point of correction. Alex Otti never resigned rather his contract at Diamond Bank was consummated.

Pascal Dozie is the owner of Diamond Bank. He took time to groom his son the present Chairman to citadel. He trained his son overseas after which he begged GTB Chairman to employ his boy so as to be tutored in Bank management. The boy grew to head the marketing department of GTB. It then became obvious to Pascal Dozie that his boy has come of age, instead of bringing in the boy to head Diamond Bank, he begged Alex Otti to take the job and put his son (who will be serving as his assistant) through for a specified time after which the boy will assume the control of the bank.

Today, Uzoma Dozie is the Chief Executive Officer of his father's bank (Diamond Plc)
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Collynzo9: 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The symptoms of Ngwaphobia detected

Bye
You haven't said what your real problem is.
Alex Otti is Ngwa, Reegan Ufomba is Ngwa, but you prefer that failure named Ikpeazu for reasons best known to you.
Both of you look alike anyway, your support for him is more about personal and financial interest that anything else.
You are fighting a lost battle.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by asha80(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Point of correction. Alex Otti never resigned rather his contract at Diamond Bank was consummated.
Pascal Dozie is the owner of Diamond Bank. He took time to groom his son the present Chairman to citadel. He trained his son overseas after which he begged GTB Chairman to employ his boy so as to be tutored in Bank management. The boy grew to head the marketing department of GTB. It then became obvious to Pascal Dozie that his boy has come of age, instead of bringing in the boy to head Diamond Bank, he begged Alex Otti to take the job and put his son (who will be serving as his assistant) through for a specified time after which the boy will assume the control of the bank.
Today, Uzoma Dozie is the Chief Executive Officer of his father's bank (Diamond Plc)
he resigned...his tenure was extended in April to three more years http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://mediacraft.ng/latest-news/395-diamond-bank-extends-alex-otti%25E2%2580%2599s-tenure%25E2%2580%25A6appoints-two-deputy-managing-directors.html&sa=U&ei=_LeJVMHJMcL1UMzyg-AO&ved=0CBQQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNE-jfhdu9O3OrfmMs9U4bKaI5Vqdg. http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/10/diamond-bank-ceo-resigns-6-months-after-tenure-extension/&sa=U&ei=_LeJVMHJMcL1UMzyg-AO&ved=0CA0QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNE8qWAYo0DG7UBdQwEhfon-zUFswA

1 Like

Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
GEJ 2020
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by abagoro(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
Collynzo9:

Alex Otti is Ngwa, Reegan Ufomba is Ngwa, but you prefer that failure named Ikpeazu for reasons best known to you.
Both of you look alike anyway, your support for him is more about personal and financial interest that anything else.

Are you sure Alex Otti is Ngwa? Remember how Odili was pushed off from being VP as a result of his Igbo roots. You cant eat your cake and have it. Arochukwu is in Abia North and a settler of that root wants to take Ngwa turn through the back door. Its possible but will be bad.
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Igrigrigun: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Collynzo9:

[s]Absolute trash!
See the kind of person Seun made a moderator.[/s]

Stop disrespecting Ngwakwe.

Colins do not do that again

embarassed embarassed
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by goldfish80(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Collynzo9:

Ngwa's don't regard Alex Otti as an Ngwa man. They even stripped him of a chieftency title because they traced his roots to Arochukwu.
Ngwakwe would gladly support any imbecilee from Ngwa ahead of Alex Otti.
Wtf is ngwaphobia by the way?
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by EmirOMENT: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
Collynzo9:

goldfish80:

Ngwa's don't regard Alex Otti as an Ngwa man. They even stripped him of a chieftency title because they traced his roots to Arochukwu.
Ngwakwe is supporting ikpeazu(back judgment) base on say the man is core Ngwa man even when the man has proved to be failure. The main reason why people castigate Ta Orji is because of Ikpeazu's failure to do what he was appointed to do, he can't even do that in his hometown but ngwakwe has been shouting to us since yesterday that ikpeazu has no other hometown.
Ta Orji anoints this ikpeazu of a man to spit on Aba people and abia state people.
If Ta orji wants change in abia how can he openly support a man who failed to deliver what he was appoints to do ?
Re: APGA Replaces Umeh As Chairman,Disowns Alex Otti As Guber Candidate For Abia by Collynzo9: 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
goldfish80:

What about Reegan Ufomba who has so many titles in Ngwa land?
Ngwakwe's support for that failure named Ikpeazu is personal.
Believe me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illiteracy + Tribalism = South-East, South-South Hijack Nigeria’s Economy / Portharcourt Jammed On Wike Thanksgiving Service / President Buhari Lands In Abuja Following His Trip To The Us..Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.