Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story (197191 Views)

The University Village - A Story / 11 Common Terms That Used To Be 'bad Grammar' / "I Bad"-a Short Story By Louie3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Ifyx(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
chistar01:
ROLL CALL.

This is a list of all my current followers here on NL. Your presence is needed.

Ifyx,

#EnjoyReading.
Oga boss,one of the reasons y i visit dis section of nairaland.

Comparing Michael Odoh to Maxwell,i think Michael has d upper hand,i'll reserve ma reasons till i read more about Maxwell.
Cheers!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by emarkson(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
chistar01:
keep calm. You'll find out why soon enough. grin

Toykathy - I see you cheesy

Psalmwise and emarkson - You are both here too and I'm only just noticing? :|
oga mi no vex ooi just dey lowkey ni grin
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Psalmwise(m): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
chistar01:
Enroute Lag from PH right now.
8:04AM and my battery is 7% already. SoFcuKed.
I'm so sorry guys.
eya sowie....
drop at my Ouse....near bar beach ehn in front of d beach .....yes drop ur fone on the sand rug wud send my messenger Poseidon to help u charge

cum back after 20min u gonna get a full bar.dnt forget to tnk me. wink
chistar01:
Enroute Lag from PH right now.
8:04AM and my battery is 7% already. SoFcuKed.
I'm so sorry guys.
eya sowie....
drop at my Ouse....near bar beach ehn in front of d beach .....yes drop ur fone on the sand rug wud send my messenger Poseidon to help u charge

cum back after 20min u gonna get a full bar.dnt forget to tnk me.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chukwusi(m): 12:28am On Dec 25, 2014
nice work...
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 12:47am On Dec 25, 2014
So I finally got to Lagos after sitting in a bus all day and as expected, Lagos traffic welcomed me with wide open arms. Before today's flexing start, here is part A of chapter 9. Merry Xmas and flex responsibly.

CHEERs

-9-

AMAKA

Investigations are generally not easy. I never knew this until I had to do a little digging in myself.

I have found out quite a lot so far.

Firstly, I now know that there's something going on between Funmi and Maxwell, I don't know what exactly but I smell a rat. I know this because I found something fishy about her being in the hospital with us when she didn't have any clear reason to be here. I am Mary-anne's neighbour and good friend, Maxwell is her boyfriend and Henry is a friend too so we are all expected to be here, Funmi on the other hand, shouldn't be here. Knowing this, I approached her and after asking if she was dating any of the guys, she walked out on me and left the hospital same way Maxwell had left. If she was here for Henry, she wouldn't have left.

Secondly, I now know that Maxwell really cares about Mary-anne as he seems to be doing everything to make sure she gets well and hasn't even noticed my presence for once. Not like I'm against him taking care of her or complaining, I just think a little how-are-you would be enough to show he cares a little about me too. I should probably talk to him and maybe review our "dating pattern" after all of this is settled.

Thirdly, I now have an idea on why Mary-anne is hiding her pregnancy from Maxwell, I'm not totally sure as its just a wild guess but it seems to all fit in. I think Henry is bleeping Mary-anne because why else would he request for the general body test and offer to settle the exorbitant bills when he isn't obligated to do it in anyway and besides, Maxwell could have paid. He probably just wanted to confirm if she was still pregnant or had lost the baby. I think I should confront Henry to this effect.

The time was 7:00am and the hospital was already getting a little lively. I figured I was going to have to leave the hospital pretty soon but I was the only one left in the reception and and didn't know if it was a good idea to leave just like that. I had a 9:00am lecture and I knew I had to attend it as the lecturer was one of those lecturers who the devil sent to schools to make student lives miserable. He had threatened to make sure that anyone who missed three of his lectures in the whole semester won't write his examination.

Two female nurses clad in short white gowns hastily walked past me and disappeared down the corridor. A female doctor soon walked passed me literally running and disappeared down the same corridor. I guessed there was an emergency.

I was already getting impatient when Henry materialised from the corridor the nurses and doctor had ran through. He walked down to where I was sitting and slumped into the seat beside me.

I knew I should have used his presence as an excuse to leave the hospital and go home to prepare for my lecture but I let the excess Sherlock Holmes I have watched get the better part of me as I decided to sit and investigate a little more.

"We need to talk," I said as I turned to face him.

"Oh God! Not the we need to talk line again," he murmured so audible I heard him clearly but I ignored it.

"We need to talk about Mary-anne," I continued and noticed he twitched.

"Talk about Mary-anne?" He asked as he turned to face me too. "What about her?"

"Are the test results out yet?" I asked, trying to build up to the major question I had in mind.

"Yes." He said vaguely.

"So...?"

"She's fine and would recover well but she has dissociative amnesia." He replied. That explained his look of relief, he probably assumed she won't be able to remember what he had done to her. Smart guy.

"Selective amnesia?" I asked, trying my best to fake a tone of shock.

"Yes, don't worry, its not as serious as it sounds, just that she won't be able to remember some personal details for a while, the doctor recommends she sees a psychologist." He explained and that confused my analysis a bit, if he knew she was going to eventually regain her full memory why was he relieved?

"Alright, so nothing else was discovered in the tests? just the amnesia?"

"Yea... Just the amnesia." He said with a tone of finality but I had no plans of ending the conversation just yet. I need a new game plan.

"Nothing about a baby?" I asked and paid full attention to his reaction. He twitched his eyelids, and then closed them a bit before raising his eyebrow.

"Baby? I don't understand you," he replied glaring at me as if daring to explain.

"What don't you understand in that simple statement? Is she pregnant?" I asked confidently, if anyone was in control here, it was me.

"Pregnant? No! Not at all." He replied hastily.

"No wonder you looked relieved when you walked in here," I said with a grin as I saw the look of terror on his face.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You are sleeping with Mary-anne and it obvious you thought you had impregnated her, that's why she couldn't talk to Maxwell earlier tonight," I replied.

"Mary-anne told you?" He asked calmly, accepting defeat and confirming my theory.

"She told me nothing. Its just an obvious fact." I replied, expecting him to ask for an explanation. I was dying to tell him how smart I had been. Too much Sherlock Holmes.

"So what's going to happen now?" He asked. He obviously wasn't interested on knowing how I found out. "You are going to tell Maxwell?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Well, what do you want then?" He asked. His calmness was starting to creep me out and something about his reactions felt wrong, one minute he had terror written all over his face and the next minute he was as calm as a dove.

"I don't want anything," I replied then after I quickly thought about it I added, "yet."

My grin grew wider as I stood up and made to leave the hospital feeling like I had just solved the most complicated mystery of all time.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:36am On Dec 25, 2014
Ifyx:
Oga boss,one of the reasons y i visit dis section of nairaland.

Comparing Michael Odoh to Maxwell,i think Michael has d upper hand,i'll reserve ma reasons till i read more about Maxwell.
Cheers!
glad to know I enrich seun with your views cheesy

Psalmwise - lol! You are not serious grin

Sophieabou - jah bless you.

Once again, merry xmas to you all.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Costlybabe: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
This story got me glued to my phone ,compliment of the season to every one,
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sleekbaby(f): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
Dis is kool, tnx 4 d update n merry xmas 2 my fellow nairalanders.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2014
I think Maxwell is a better playboy.
This story is only just starting and Maxwell has 2 girlfriends who know about their selves and one girl who knows about the two gfs but still wants him... Like I said before, that's EPIC.

Am I the only one that thinks this story should hit front page already? Maybe the traffic would boost chistar's morale to update more efficiently. Let us kindly recommend it. Cc Obinnau
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Livingwalker(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2014
Merry Christmas Christar and my fellow pals ...
This story is just starting ...
Just wondering wat happens next...
Poor Marry-anne ...your life just got complicated
Christar no vex for my last update jor .
I dey like overdose of your medicine ...its keeps me energised....
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by seunviju(f): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2014
This Amaka self,huh.Happy boxing day chistar and you are doing great with the story,welldone
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
stumbled upon dz today, its awesome.
Your chapter on the collabo was great and now hear you are killinq this.

Thank you for warninq dat onemansquad that their is no use of guns (cause that guy is somethinq else)

D9ty7,kingphil i siqht wona
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Onemansquad(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
stuff46:
stumbled upon dz today, its awesome.
Your chapter on the collabo was great and now hear you are killinq this.

Thank you for warninq dat onemansquad that their is no use of guns (cause that guy is somethinq else)

D9ty7,kingphil i siqht wona
shot up dead mangrin grin
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Fatalveli(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
More update pls...... U are d bomb sire @chiztar
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Onemansquad:

na me dig im grave o
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2014
@costlybabe & @stuff46 - welcome on board ma and sir
@sleekbaby & @seunviju
& @fatalveli & @Mzchistar - Thanks all.

Alright, christmas and boxing day flexing is all over till next year. I had so much fun and would really love to tell you guys about it but that would be derailing (I'm really considering starting a new diary again. NL tsunami wiped of my former diary)

Anyway, back to work. New Update to come today... After I sleep a little I'll start writing.

To all new readers, welcome, to all old readers, thanks for hanging around and encouraging me.

Once again, compliments of the season.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Psalmwise(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2014
chistar01:
@sleekbaby & @seunviju

Alright, christmas and boxing day flexing is all over till next year. I had so much fun and would really love to tell you guys about it but that would be derailing (I'm really considering starting a new diary again. NL tsunami wiped of my former diary)

Anyway, back to work. New Update to come today... After I sleep a little I'll start writing.

To all new readers, welcome, to all old readers, thanks for hanging around and encouraging me.

Your words blik Obama opening speech......God bless nairalanders grin
chistar01:
@sleekbaby & @seunviju

Your words blik Obama opening speech......God bless nairalanders
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Psalmwise(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2014
I hope if I start reading your diary I would like diary section
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Psalmwise(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2014
I hope if I start reading your diary I would like diary section....ah no dey near DAT PLC atall
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
cry*crying* chistar nau comman update please....
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
Onemansquad:

lol
yeye fowl
Bluestarry:
na me dig im grave o

Onemansquad:

lol
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hi guyx,click on my signature to read a master piece of a story
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Chimaritoponcho: 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
dear chistar how can u prove to me that Justin beiber is gay cos u kip saying it over n over again
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2014
Okay, I slept a little too much... Hangover things. I just rushed this really short update to stop ma
ayreee from crying anymore.

I'm dedicating the entire chapter 9 to you dear and its not even complete yet.

-9-

(Continuation)

MAXWELL

God. That's who every christian who is in trouble that's beyond his strength run to. Don't want to start preaching but whenever you are down and there's no one to pull you up, God will, or at least that's what I believe.

So there I was, on my kneels in the presence of the Most High talking to him with my eyes getting heavier with each word for I wanted to cry. My mind was heavy for reasons I don't think anyone would understand. I was confused and it took Mary-anne's present predicament for me to realise that I needed to make a decision. I couldn't really handle dating three girls at once. It was driving me crazy to think that the girl I love was probably going to forget all the times we shared all because of amnesia while the other girls I love were with me in the hospital obviously craving for my attention. You don't know how confusing that could be until you've been in such a situation.

I needed to cool off. I needed to talk to the one person who might actually understand and give me a lasting solution and that's what led me to church. Frankly, I had no idea what I was going to pray for.

"Dear God! What's wrong with me?" I started to say in a very low tone as I bowed my head. I didn't really know how to ask God for relationship advice so I was very vague and brief.

"How did I even get here? I need your help. I need balance in my life. Show me the answer." I continued to say and tried waiting for a few minutes, expecting God to tap me on the shoulder and hand over an envelope containing the solution to my problem. I knew there was no way he was going to do that but I just had to try.

Something strange happened at that very moment. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I immediately raised my head hoping to actually see God only end up staring at the beautiful face of Funmi.

God had answered my prayer.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 12:14am On Dec 28, 2014
Chimaritoponcho:
dear chistar how can u prove to me that Justin beiber is gay cos u kip saying it over n over again
err.... I never said Justin Beiber is gay, but I think Maxwell and maybe Henry did so they should be in the right position to answer this question cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Chimaritoponcho: 12:22am On Dec 28, 2014
chistar01:
err.... I never said Justin Beiber is gay, but I think Maxwell and maybe Henry did so they should be in the right position to answer this question cheesy.
but u are d one writing about them,u are supposed to know .BTW wia on earth do u expect me to find them cos d last tym I checked, they are both characters in us story n not nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by oghenekome51(f): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
Chistar ure such a darling! Av been lukin forward towards reading anoda nice piece of ur stories, and here u are, WOWING us all! I love ur characters, ur plot n evry oda tin bou ur stories dou der re few errors in ur updates, still dev been wonderful!
Pls dont tell anybody, *i think am in love wit u*
Besides, more updates pls b4 my love for u cools off! *winks*
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Chimaritoponcho: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
oghenekome51:
Chistar ure such a darling! Av been lukin forward towards reading anoda nice piece of ur stories, and here u are, WOWING us all! I love ur characters, ur plot n evry oda tin bou ur stories dou der re few errors in ur updates, still dev been wonderful!
Pls dont tell anybody, *i think am in love wit u*
Besides, more updates pls b4 my love for u cools off! *winks*
wtf u lov chistar?if u are d one in ur pic,then chistar my friend is in dip sh!t or are my eyes playing temple run with me. #pun

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Enasco1(m): 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nice story, keep it up bro
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
-9-

(Complete part)

DEDICATED TO MAAYREEE

MAXWELL

God. That's who every christian who is in trouble that's beyond his strength run to. Don't want to start preaching but whenever you are down and there's no one to pull you up, God will, or at least that's what I believe.

So there I was, on my kneels in the presence of the Most High talking to him with my eyes getting heavier with each word for I wanted to cry. My mind was heavy for reasons I don't think anyone would understand. I was confused and it took Mary-anne's present predicament for me to realise that I needed to make a decision. I couldn't really handle dating three girls at once. It was driving me crazy to think that the girl I love was probably going to forget all the times we shared all because of amnesia while the other girls I love were with me in the hospital obviously craving for my attention. You don't know how confusing that could be until you've been in such a situation.

I needed to cool off. I needed to talk to the one person who might actually understand and give me a lasting solution and that's what led me to church. Frankly, I had no idea what I was going to pray for.

"Dear God! What's wrong with me?" I started to say in a very low tone as I bowed my head. I didn't really know how to ask God for relationship advice so I decided to be very vague and brief.

"How did I even get here? I need your help. I need balance in my life. Show me the answer." I continued to say and tried waiting for a few minutes, expecting God to tap me on the shoulder and hand over an envelope containing the solution to my problem. I knew there was no way he was going to do that but I just had to try.

Something strange happened at that very moment. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I immediately raised my head hoping to actually see God only to end up staring at the beautiful face of Funmi.

God had answered my prayer.

"Max, what is wrong?" Funmi asked as I starred at her, "you look so pale."

"I'm... I'm..." I swallowed saliva, "I'm fine, nothing is wrong," I finally replied, there was no way I was going to tell her what was really on my mind.

"What are you praying for?" She asked and slid into the seat beside me before I could reply.

"How did you know I was praying?"

"Well, you are in a church this early and on your kneels, that kind of narrows the options down," she replied and I swiftly sat back on the chair. I had forgotten I was still on my kneels.

"Oh! What are you doing here anyway?" I asked trying to change the topic

She was quiet for a short while. "I saw when you left the hospital looking kind of strange, I just wanted to check if you were okay."

"Oh! That's so nice of you," I replied. I had a feeling Funmi was the one God wanted me to be with as he sent only her to meet me at the church.

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything, you don't look like you want to talk." She said obviously noticing my short replies in contrast to my usual epistles.

"No o, its not that, it just that I'm quite surprised."

"Surprised about what?"

"Your beauty, I mean no offence but I've never really looked at you and seen how beautiful you are before. You're like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen before." I replied. I might just start the wooing from now, I thought.

"Errrr... Don't know what to say to that," she replied and I could see her cheeks were tomato red already.

"Don't expect you to say anything, I'm just telling you what I just noticed."

"Well... If you say so, thank you."

"Can I ask you an off point question?" I asked, building up to the punch line.

"Sure, anything," she replied hastily just as I had expected. I know females are complicated and hard to understand but one thing works on all of them and makes the drop all their defences, flattery.

"This is going to sound weird and I know I shouldn't even be asking you this considering the fact that we are in a church right now or how nice our date went or even the situation of Mary-anne who I'm sure you already know is my girlfriend but I just have to ask." I said and waited for her reaction, I wanted to create the illusion of a little suspense.

"Ask me the question already!" She said with a grin. That was the green light I was looking for.

"Alright, well the question is simple and I want a yes or no answer."

"Okay, ask na, you are making me get really curious!"

"Okay... Is there any chance that I might have you?" I asked vaguely.

"Have me? What does that mean?" She asked but I had a feeling she knew exactly what I meant as she twitched her eyes when I asked the question.

"Have you na... Like errr.... D.A.T.E you," I said spelling out the words of date.

"Date me?" She asked looking surprised. "Maxwell, are you asking me out?" She wasn't smiling.

"Well, not exactly yet, I just want to know if you'll say yes or no if I did," I replied. I wasn't used to rejections so I had to make sure.

"I can't answer that question right now. I barely know you! I just met you few days ago. I don't even know your surname and besides, you have a girlfriend." She complained.

Now, when a lady you ask such question complains and gives you reasons why she can't date you just know that she wants to date you but she wants to know if she can trust you, if you a boyfriend material. They have really delicate hearts so they try their best to protect it.

"Oh! Okay, firstly, I know I have a girlfriend but just between me and you, we haven't been really cool in recent times. Its like everything I do nowadays is wrong, we aren't working anymore, the flame has refused to reignite no matter how much efforts we put in and I'm sure a break up is inevitable," I started to explain. The funny thing is half of what I said was true, Mary-anne had recently started to nag a lot and I was getting tired but we hadn't really tried to work it out and frankly, I didn't want to. "Secondly," I continued, "my surname is Briggs, Maxwell Briggs, I'm from Rivers state and I'm even based there with my family, school brought me to Lagos, so what else do you want to know?"

"You are getting it wrong. I'll be lying if I say I'm not attracted to you in some ways but what I meant was we don't know ourselves well enough to date, we need time. You for one need time to settle yourself, I don't even trust you and I'll have to trust you if I'm to date you," she said.

"So in other words, you'll say yes if get rid of Mary-anne and take you on a proper first date where we'll get to know more about ourselves?" I asked, intentionally putting words in her mouth.

"I didn't say that oh! I didn't say you should get rid of anyone and I certainly didn't say I'll date you, I'm just trying to answer your questions the best way I can," she replied, her smile had returned. I knew exactly what she meant and what I had to do.

"Okay, we'll talk more on this later but as for now, I think we should head back to the hospital." I said trying to change the topic, I had gotten all the answers I needed.

"Yea, we should," she replied and stood up to leave.

I followed her out of the church and we walked back to the hospital where we saw only Henry. He informed us the Amaka had left, I looked at the Quartz wall clock on the wall and saw it was almost 9am and I immediately understood why Amaka had left, she always had this "un-miss-able" lecture every tuesday morning by 9am.

We went to see the doctor to ask if we could leave and he granted us permission after we settled the pending bills.

We left the hospital afterwards. Mary-anne was to be discharged the next day and I knew we had to talk seriously, amnesia or no amnesia.

TO BE CONTINUED

6 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Chimaritoponcho:

but u are d one writing about them,u are supposed to know .BTW wia on earth do u expect me to find them cos d last tym I checked, they are both characters in us story n not nairalanders
err... Yes, I'm the one who created the characters but sadly I can't really answer your question because anything I say now can be used against me, maybe later on in the story the character would explain what he meant.

Oghenekome51 - you didn't get an IV because you aren't on my followers list, I mentioned everyone who follows me. Anyway welcome on board and don't worry, your secret is safe with me. Also, feel free to point out whatever error you spotted. Thanks.

Enasco1 - thanks bro.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
nice updates buh that guy max bad, inside church. God go use he long koboko from heaven.
waiting for the next update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Accidental Victim / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.