Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story (197163 Views)

The University Village - A Story / 11 Common Terms That Used To Be 'bad Grammar' / "I Bad"-a Short Story By Louie3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by zyzxx(m): 12:26am On Jan 01, 2015
toykathy:

i never gree, until chistar mention me himself. Rita thz jare, na notice me dey worry me.
Apy new year sweet Sista
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 12:49am On Jan 01, 2015
Alas! I've caught up with you guys. Nice and captivating story you have here Chistar..

I look forward to reading more updates..

Happy new year, by the way..
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by toykathy(f): 1:13am On Jan 01, 2015
zyzxx:
Apy new year sweet Sista
same here dearie, may all ur dreams come true.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Livingwalker(m): 8:45am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year.... Everyone....
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by zyzxx(m): 8:50am On Jan 01, 2015
toykathy:

same here dearie, may all ur dreams come true.
amen and u too ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2015
Okay people. Its a new year and I want to try new things. I want you all to know me and each other on a more personal note so I've created a whatsapp group for us. I'm still the only member so if you want to join, drop your phone number here and I'll add you to the group. Or you can email me your number to sochistar13@gmail.com and I'll add you up.

LAST NIGHT WAS CRAZY!!!! From LCA to #LagosCountDown2014, Dbanj perfomance was madt by the way!

Toykathy n Oghenekome51 - I sincerely apologise for omitting you guys names, I kinda compiled that list a long while ago so that explains why your names aint in it, I've added it now though so don't dare leave this thread!!!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2015
chistar01:
Okay people. Its a new year and I want to try new things. I want you all to know me and each other on a more personal note so I've created a whatsapp group for us. I'm still the only member so if you want to join, drop your phone number here and I'll add you to the group. Or you can email me your number to sochistar13@gmail.com and I'll add you up.

LAST NIGHT WAS CRAZY!!!! From LCA to #LagosCountDown2014, Dbanj perfomance was madt by the way!

Toykathy n Oghenekome51 - I sincerely apologise for omitting you guys names, I kinda compiled that list a long while ago so that explains why your names aint in it, I've added it now though so don't dear leave this thread!!!

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:57am On Jan 01, 2015
Double post
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:57am On Jan 01, 2015
Already receiving mails, una fast oh. please when sending the main, title the mail with you NL username, I just want to know who and who I'm adding. I'll add you all ASAp
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by lovingangel(f): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2015
Nice story
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Chimaritoponcho: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
chistar add me 07088393896
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Mario1983(m): 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
OK bro,
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by toykathy(f): 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
My notice me don pay off, i wont leave again. Happy new yr to u.

chistar01:

Toykathy n Oghenekome51 - I sincerely apologise for omitting you guys names, I kinda compiled that list a long while ago so that explains why your names aint in it, I've added it now though so don't dare leave this thread!!!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
toykathy:
My notice me don pay off, i wont leave again. Happy new yr to u.

lol.. Notice me always pays off.

Ladies and gentlemen, the group is online and active right now. I have received just 9 phone numbers which is far below what I had expected so keep the phone numbers coming.

Just so you know, I'll make sure the group gets some special "privileges".

There'll be no update today as I'm not entirely sober enough to write right now but be sure to expect morning updates tomorrow.

Thanks and keep the phone numbers coming.

My email once again is sochistar13@gmail.com
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Spongia1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
Add me chistar 08105566307
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by oghenekome51(f): 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
chistar01:

Apology accepted but sha update 2mao (08138394500)
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:50am On Jan 02, 2015
chistar01:

This is my number, add me .

*modified*
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by linpok: 6:32am On Jan 02, 2015
chistar01:
Already receiving mails, una fast oh. please when sending the main, title the mail with you NL username, I just want to know who and who I'm adding. I'll add you all ASAp

Thanks for the Tag bro..Have a wonderful year ahead.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Ghyft(f): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2015
All we are saying,
Chistar,come and update
grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by youngcrysta(f): 8:52am On Jan 02, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2015
-11-

(continuation)

The world is so unpredictable. Things happen suddenly, unexpectedly. We want to feel we are in control of our own existence. In some ways we are, in some ways we're not. We are ruled by the forces of chance and coincidence - Paul Auster

HENRY

It was a bad day. I never knew that there was only sixty-three ceiling plates in the Nelson Mandela lecture hall until one of the lecturers thought it would be nice to give an impromptu test and me being the super attentive and serious student I was, had to chew my pen and count the ceiling plates all through the test.

As if that wasn't enough, one new recruit that was just "blended" a few days ago was a little excited and got into a huge problem with another fraternity, although I was able to save him at that very moment, I won't give too much details on this but just know that I have a gun and I'm not scared to use it. The problem now is I fear that I just started a cult war.

Anyway, it was about 5pm and my day was finally over, so going home was the next thing on the list.

I boarded a school shuttle to the main school gate and from there entered a bus which was supposed to drop me at my street junction.

Something quite interesting happened in the bus.

I was lucky enough to sit beside a very beautiful lady. It's rare to see a Yaba-tech girl on low cut and even if you see, they don't risk dyeing it and even if they dye it, it still doesn't fit them but the lady beside me was on low cut, she dyed it gold which compliment her light skin and saying the hairstyle fit her is an understatement. She killed it.

Judging from her complexion, her green eyes, hair style and all of that, she looked like a half-caste or even a total foreigner. A very beautiful one at that, I knew I just had to talk to her.

She was reading a book on her phone and after thinking about the best approach, I figured it would be best to use the book she was reading. Every smart girl likes a smart guy who knows a thing or two about books and thanks to Maxwell novel reading habit, I know a few things.

"What's the title?" I asked out loud, a little too loud if you ask me.

"Title of what?" She asked coldly.

"The book you are reading," I replied calmly, I wasn't really expecting a warm reply.

"A Song Of Ice and Fire," she replied without even blinking.

"That's the novel for Game of Thrones right?" I pushed persistently, "written by George. R. R. Martins?"

This time she paused to stare at me. Not everyone who has seen the Game of Thrones movie have an interest in the novel, let alone know who wrote it, I was sure I had impressed her.

Her green eyes quickly scrutinised me and then she spoke, "yea, written by G.R.R.M. Have you read the book?"

Now when you want to lie to a lady, you have to think really fast and try to keep your lie short and simple in such a way that more questions won't be asked because females know when a guy is lying to them ninety percent of the time.

"I have but I didn't really enjoy the book, his use of english was quite different from the regular one," I lied. I had never seen the book in my entire life but judging from the settings in the movie, I assumed the book would be quite complex.

"Yea, you have a point, George's english is not really plain in the novel." She agreed.

"Anyway, let's not talk much about books, let's talk about the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," I said trying to change the topic before she ask a question I won't be able to reply. Flattery always work, yet to see any girl that's immune to it.

"And who might that be?" She asked, visibly blushing.

"I don't know her name yet but she's the lady beside me right now." I said looking straight into her green eyes. She had really nice eyes by the way.

"Oh! I can see she's really beautiful," she replied looking past me at the woman on my other side. I laughed.

"True, the woman is beautiful," I said as I turned to look at the woman, "but I was referring to the most beautiful girl in the world."

"I really don't know who you are talking about," she replied as she closed the book she was reading and locked her phone, therefore giving me full attention. Like I said, flattery always works.

"Well, if you are going to keep up this act, I may as well just tell you who I'm referring to," I said, "I'm refereeing to you."

Being really light skinned I could easily see as he chick instantly turned pepper red.

"Oh!" She said in a fake surprised tone, "thank you."

"No need to thank me, I'm just stating the obvious."

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment."

"So are you a student at Yaba-tech or what?" I asked the question that's been on my mind.

"Yea, I am. How about you?"

"Sure, I am." I looked through the window and noticed we just drove pass a small company which manufactured plastic products. My smile was no more,"there's a small problem."

She rose an eyebrow, "what's the problem?"

"I'm really enjoying this our conversation and would like to continue but I'll soon get to my bus stop," I looked down at my feet sadly. It was all an act though.

"Oh! Give me your phone," she ordered.

I have two phones. An Iphone 5 which was a big deal before the Iphone 6 came and spoil market for me and a Nokia torchlight. I could have shown off and given her the Iphone but I gave her the Nokia torchlight phone. Girls like guys that are original or at least seem to be original.

She hesitated before taking the phone just as I had expected but took it anyway and punched her number into it.

I took it and then asked, "what's you name by the way?"

"Tonia."

I planned on giving her about a week before calling as I didn't want to rush things and besides I had been busy, little did I know she'll walk into my house barely two days later with Maxwell grabbing her waist like he owned her.

I did not like that at all.

TO BE CONTINUED

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sheenor: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2015
That name Maxwell, ~.•°``°☺нєнєнєнє☺°``°•.~ am feeling the boy tho.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Clemzy16(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Maxwell vs Henry..

I hope it's not what I'm thinking..
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by amsad19(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
embarassed
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Chimaritoponcho: 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Clemzy16:
Maxwell vs Henry..

wat r u thinking
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by mizjules(f): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lool maxwell n henry always interested in the same women!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Livingwalker(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
grin I smell trouble...... Maxwell your mama juju go soon fail you. ...hehehe
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Mario1983(m): 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
wow, love d story following
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by stuff46(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Clemzy16:
Maxwell vs Henry..

this two guys self

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by buoye1(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
MaxWELL ll soon be maxSICK
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
Livingwalker:
Happy new year.... Everyone....
same 2 u dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Accidental Victim / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.