Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In (899 Views)

''Our Gods Will Punish Those Who Collect David Mark’s Rice Without Voting Him'' / Nigerian Apologizes To Former President Jonathan For Voting Him Out! / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by Adelaide2: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Folks,

We have been made to believe that Buhari is a saint, that no atom of corruption can be found in him (to me that is crass mumbo jumbo though).

We have been regaled with stories of how he is so all-round competent that he can deliver Nigeria from the corruption, terrorism and economic quagmires the country is facing momentarily.

These things Jonathan has not been able to deliver wholly, especially security. He has done considerably well on the economy. I give that to him.

It is my opinion that it is time to demystify Buhari's perceived strengths by voting him in to enable him perform the wonders he is being (mis)credited with. That way, after 4 years, we will know if Buhari is, indeed, all the things his handlers purport him to be.

I am a successful (economically, academically, professionally, ''residentially'') Igbo man; I have absofuckinlutely nothing to gain or lose in who leads Nigeria at this time because it is either Jonathan or Buhari, both of whom have nothing to offer me personally or the Igbo society at large, in my opinion, of course.

So, let us try Buhari and watch him transform Nigeria economically, security-wise and corruption-wise into a model society. Hopefully he does not disappoint some people. Hehehehe!!!!

In conclusion, I ask that ya'll vote Buhari (the candidate), not necessarily APC (the contraption of a party).

Prediction for 2015: Buhari will win the election, but within a short time will fall out with Tinubu and many of his current supporters.

Good luck to y'all. I am 1000s of miles away from the ''maddening crowd'', safe and well ensconced in my niche, secured from MEND/Egbesu's impending brouhaha if Buhari wins, or Boko Haram's ongoing brouhaha, if GEJ wins. Catch 22, no?

Caveat: I dislike Buhari like shyyt, but I have no love lost for GEJ either. So do not come for my head.

1 Like

Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by jmaine: 3:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
You do well . . . . .well done . . . .
Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by Adelaide2: 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
jmaine:
You do well . . . . .well done . . . .

Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by Collynzo9: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nigeria might not survive that kind of experiment o.
Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by 9jii(m): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
I Believe in change
Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by Mogidi: 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
Listening to his interview recently convinced those sitting on the fence that Buhari doesn't know his left from right. If Nigeria was a toy I'd have said yeah lets give him a chance, but Nigeria's not a toy.
Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by Adelaide2: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Mogidi:
Listening to his interview recently convinced those sitting on the fence that Buhari doesn't know his left from right. If Nigeria was a toy I'd have said yeah lets give him a chance, but Nigeria's not a toy.

I agree with you that Buhari is too drab and completely bereft of any eye-popping ideas, at least on the economy. However, he might be able to apply street commonsense to solve the security and corruption problems at least.

Plus, have we really put GEJ to the test on TV in terms of his mastery of global and local economic matters devoid of inputs from Okonjo Iweala and other people in his cabinet?
Re: Time To Demystify Buhari By Voting Him In by Mogidi: 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
Adelaide2:

I agree with you that Buhari is too drab and completely bereft of any eye-popping ideas, at least on the economy. However, he might be able to apply street commonsense to solve the security and corruption problems at least.

Plus, have we really put GEJ to the test on TV in terms of his mastery of global and local economic matters devoid of inputs from Okonjo Iweala and other people in his cabinet?

I've listened to both GEJ and Buhari interviews and I must say GEJ won't make that monumental mistake of thinking he can solve world problems. I think Buhari tries too hard to be liked, a good example was when he said in an interview that he borrowed money to pay for his forms.

Anyway as citizens we can only vote the aspirants put forth by their respective parties, I'd pick GEJ above Buhari.

If Ribadu was contesting it'll be a different matter.

(1) (Reply)

Who In Your Opinion Should Be Buhari's Running Mate? / Breaking!!!! Court Dismisses Pdp Suit Against Amaechi,kwankwaso And Others!!! / Jonathan To Reappoint Obanikoro Minister For Conceding Defeat To Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.