Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Measles: The Fight For Survival - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Measles: The Fight For Survival (501 Views)

The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation / THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... / The Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Measles: The Fight For Survival by Ella456: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
My first story on nairaland, I am open to corrections from the great writers like Princesa ,sammyhoe, TemitopeDaniel, Audrey, D9ty7, Royver, Divepen and d lots I didnt mention, I am open to corrections from all my readers and also words of encouragement.

story starts soon
Re: Measles: The Fight For Survival by demsid(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
my charity comment to support u.
Re: Measles: The Fight For Survival by MistadeRegal(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
I know most effective cure. But.......
Re: Measles: The Fight For Survival by Fatalveli(m): 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
On board sire

Fatal
Re: Measles: The Fight For Survival by LEvuls(m): 4:45am On Dec 12, 2014
werin for d unleash
Re: Measles: The Fight For Survival by Ella456: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
Many years ago, before the war, long before hospitals came, in my village and all the villages we knew of, people believed that measles was the wrath of the gods on man because the native doctors could not cure it, and most especially it was an illness that left people with inabilities, sometimes death. Sometimes, some people survives it and those people were believed to have been forgiven by the gods, so when people get sick with measles, they chase them out of town into the forest and they could return if they survive it.

CHAPTER ONE: ON THE MOVE

It was no surprise to me when papa left us, he had been acting strange and uncaring towards Maria and Me, not to talk of the endless argument with gift of punches with mama, even two years old maria knew not to get involved when they start, whenever Papa comes home late at night as usual, I will drop whatever I was doing and pick up little Maria, spread our mat, lower the lantern and we would lie down and listen to our parent argue until we fall asleep

when papa left mama, she couldn't afford the h0use rent no more, so one sunny afternoon, she packed our bags and the other little things of worth that we had and we headed for the village. The sun had set. and the moon was fully out when we got to Omuahia, the village mama was born

(1) (Reply)

Caged Love / E.C.H.O E-magazine Makes A Major Come-back / A State Of Darkness; Understanding Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.