Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure (759 Views)

Aba Stands Still On Ikpeazu's Arrival (pictures) / Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure / APGA Offers Embattled Nyesom Wike Ticket; As Umeh Holds Crucial Talks With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure by onyfrank: 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Contrary to reports that a High Court sitting in Abia State had asked the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Victor Umeh, not to so parade himself, Umeh, said Thursday in
Aba that the position remained intact on the strength of two Court of Appeal judgments in his favour. Addressing a crowd of party supporters at the Recreation Club, Aba, during the presentation of Dr. Alex Otti as the standard bearer of APGA in the 2015 gubernatorial election in Abia State, Umeh said two appeal courts, one sitting in Enugu and the other sitting in Abuja had earlier in their separate judgments written and declared that his tenure expires next year. He said: ‘’There are people who are saying that I am no longer the national chairman of APGA and that my tenure had expired. I want to tell you that the Court of Appeal sitting in Enugu and Abuja had in their separate judgments written and ruled that my tenure expires next year.’’ While describing those behind the report as liars and mischief makers, the APGA national chairman however urged party supporters not to entertain any fear because APGA according to him has no problems. Commenting on the APGA governorship candidate in Abia, Umeh described Otti as
the best candidate for
the state because he possesses a solid academic credentials laced with experience in managing people and resources and a wide network of linkages he could leverage on to transform the state. According to him, “I have been to Ngwa road, I have been to Ohanko road, I have been to Ariaria and Faulks road, I have also been to Port Harcourt road and Ogbor Hill areas of Aba and I saw that all the roads are in a deplorable state. Let me assure you that an APGA government under Otti will fix all the roads for you,’’ he the jubilant crowd. Also speaking, the Governor of Anambra State and Chairman, Board of Trusties of APGA, Chief Willie Obiano, had told party supporters that he had known Otti for a period spanning over 32 years even as he disclosed that during this period the first class economist had remained a prudent manager and good leader. He urged Abians to vote in Otti in the forthcoming general election because he has got the capacity to transform the state starting from Aba as the Dubai of Africa. adding that his administration would usher in the progress needed to secure their future and the future of their children because the APGA candidate will deliver on his campaign promises. In his acceptance speech after receiving the flag of APGA from the national leadership of the party, Otti said the event symbolises a good change that has come to Abia because the people of Abia had suffered to long because of lack of purposeful leadership. ‘’This is a great day for Abia State because change has come to Abia. Change is here. We have endured several years of bad governance and this is the time for good governance. And you cannot give what you do not have. If you do not have a future or ideas
you cannot give them. But because I have them I will give them to you. ‘’Let me tell you my brothers that we don’t have any problem with anointed candidates but the anointing must be by God. If it is anointed by man say no. So we must reject anointed by man because mine is a certified inspiration. An inspiration to come and salvage Abia State, an inspiration to come and fix the roads in Abia State, an inspiration to come and fix the healthcare system in Abia State, an inspiration to fix agriculture and most importantly an inspiration to salvage my state,’’ Otti said. Continuing, the APGA candidate expressed his understanding of the plight of Abians as it relates to presence of bad roads everywhere and however pledged to create the Ministry of Aba Affairs and also declare a state of emergency in the city.
Re: Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure by onyfrank: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
source na ThisDay
Re: Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure by investnow2013: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2014
onyfrank:
source na ThisDay
Abia-State urgently need this man so that what have started to happen in Anambra-State will also happen in Abia & Ala-Igbo in general!

1 Like

Re: Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2014
No picture to see Aba standing up.
Re: Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2014
ogah is d best man to transform abia n resorate it from savitude but abia pdp denied him dat chance,

therefore apga!!!!!! oti !!!!! all d way

imagine, t a orji-senate, mrs m orji(wife)- hse of rep, ikuku orji (son) state hse of assembly, ikpeazu (orji's in-law) - guv'nor

pls let vote for oti for tranformation

orjis n co hv kill abians oooooooooo
Re: Aba Stands Still For Otti As Umeh Clears Air On Tenure by onyfrank: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2014
k

(1) (Reply)

Ffk On Gej Before He Saw The Greens.... / Buhari And The Pastors / Buhari ‘ll Take Nigeria 10 Years Back —omehia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.