Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Modified - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified (6526 Views)

mODIFIED / Modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modified by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2014
HappyJoe:

Some of you think the only people who matter in Nigeria are Hausas and Yorubas, thus you nominate a Hausa/Fulani as president & a Yoruba as vice (after 8 years of Obasanjo).

And all will be well?

Next year will be very interesting.
You are a tribalistic politically naïve person. The SW sacrificed the Speakership slot in 2011 just to neutralise PDP's hold in the polity. The SW today are nowhere in leadership position. President-SS, VP-NW, Senate Pres-NC, Speaker-NW, Deputy Senate Pres-SE, Dep Speaker, SE, PDP Chairman-NE, APC Chairman-SS, PDP BoT- SS. Despite this, the SW are one of the political movers of change and APC along with North and some leaders in SS and SE. The SW holds bloc votes for the APC and it is only fair to reward the SW with the VP slot. It is justified both politically and morally. The SE have vowed to sink or swim with Jonathan, same with 70% SS, hence, it will be political shallow to ignore potentials just to chase little things.

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Day169: 9:42am On Dec 14, 2014
berem:
So true! Sambo remains the dumbest vice president ever in the history of Nigeria. Even Patience Jonathan does his job as the VP. He is a nonentity as far as I am concerned.
I beg to differ. He's not as dumb as GEJ was, when he was VP. ..no insults intended, just my opinion.
Re: Modified by cola: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2014
bump
Re: Modified by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2014
Day169:

I beg to differ. He's not as dumb as GEJ was, when he was VP. ..no insults intended, just my opinion.
Sambo unfortunately is tied to the string of Jonathan, hence, the clueless perception is on him. We may be judging him unfairly, but he has to get used to it. Sambo may not be soo dumb afterall.
Re: Modified by sparrowkid: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Wow! I just love this robust debate put forward by all these brilliant Nigerians. Now who say we don't have a future? My personal appeal to all of you is that just don't give up on Nigeria. Whether we get it right now or later, always believe that we will always get the Nigeria of our dreams. How I wish this particular thread will be made available to those APC leaders right now and fathomed in each and every point being canvassed by these brilliant minds here.

Nonetheless, we all know decision making is not a simple task. Whoever emerges as some of you have said, is capable enough to complement the People's General. Interestingly enough, APC has in its kitty those who can turn around Nigeria for the CHANGE we all desire. That is the most important thing to me. People like Prof. Pat Utomi, Dr Kayode Fayemi, Fola Adeola, and a host of others will definitely have the opportunity to avail us of their service at the National level.

THERE IS HOPE FOR NIGERIA
NIGERIA CAN STILL BE SALVAGED
NIGERIA IS NOT FINISHED
NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE DESTROYED
NO MATTER THE NUMBER OF PASSPORTS WE CARRY
NO MATTER THE NUMBER OF NATIONALISATIONS WE ANSWER
NO MATTER HOW PASSIONATE WE HATE TO BE CALLED NIGERIANS
WE WILL ALL BE EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO THIS COUNTRY
BECAUSE THIS IS OUR HOME
THIS IS OUR LAND
THIS IS OUR COUNTRY
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN
I SEE IT I LIVE IT AND I WILL LIVE TO TELL IT
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT ONCE AGAIN

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modified by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Modified
Re: Modified by FaithELEFAN(f): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Take your GEJ go siddon one place abeg.
Lol
Re: Modified by FaithELEFAN(f): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Odutodaiwa:
God bless you barcanista. I trust you would inform us. For me, my best bet is Prof. Yemi Sobajo. The man is the quality of leader Nigeria never had. We cannot be complaining of not having good leaders and at the same time when some of them come forth we say, they're unknown. Remember this is a VP slot. If Prof. Osinbajo is promoted by the power brokers in the SW, he will sweep the polls in the SW.

In addition to the points you raised. Prof Yemi Osinbajo is married to late Chief Obafemi Awolowo's granddaughter. If you ask me, that is a big plus. Fashola is good but being a muslim is a downside. In my family for instance, we are christians from south west. Fine, we are liberal with respect to religion like most SW people ( We have a lot of muslims in our extended family). I know for sure that my younger ones do not appreciate a muslim-muslim ticket. There are millions who feel like that. They may not be vehemently opposed to Fashola but the idea of m-m is not very appealing to them.

Barcanista has deactivated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano / Ambode At The Closing Ceremony Of National Women’s Conference / Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.