Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Modified - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified (6516 Views)

mODIFIED / Modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modified by SouthernGuy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
I've been opportuned to listen to this three candidates and honestly, it's a tough choice. BRF comes first for me,followed by Amaechi,then Prof.

Can we all throw out the religion card into the bin please?
Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
kastonkastrol:
At first I was glamouring for buhari/fashola ticket, but after the little debate I had with some friends, I think the buhari/amaechi ticket is the best.

Already tinubu is very popular here in the south west and am very sure he will secure south west for APC even without fashola on the ticket. Amaechi on the other hand is a fighter, a fearless person, somebody who will go to any length to make sure gej doesn't get 60% of votes that will come out of rivers state. Giving amaechi the vp slot will just be another bonus for APC...

Buhari/amaechi ticket i support
Oshiomole will bring more votes from the SS than amaechi. My opinion
Re: Modified by FastShipping: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
Let us stop the temptation of choosing Fashola as running mate.

We should consider Buhari/Amaechi or Buhari/Osinbajo.
Re: Modified by medamillion(m): 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
Take your GEJ go siddon one place abeg.
Don't mind the dude. You know some people are naturally bound to see negativity where everyone sees positivity. I think GMB/FASHOLA ticket will b the winning team.

1 Like

Re: Modified by medamillion(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
Re: Modified by nduchucks: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
Greatness atimes is born out of daring to do what most people deem imposible or taboo.

Lets be bold and do what every person knows is best for Nigeria at this point.

I'd vote Buhari/Fashola ticket to set the stage for a Fashola administration after Buhari's.

I wonder if Buhari would be willing to tell Nigerians that he'll rule for 4 years to set the stage for a relatively corrupt free system to be run by a Fashola administration.

If so, he'd highlight the fact that he is a man of integrity and will not renege on his promise to the Nigerian people, like the loser and failure known as GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
kastonkastrol:
At first I was glamouring for buhari/fashola ticket, but after the little debate I had with some friends, I think the buhari/amaechi ticket is the best.

Already tinubu is very popular here in the south west and am very sure he will secure south west for APC even without fashola on the ticket. Amaechi on the other hand is a fighter, a fearless person, somebody who will go to any length to make sure gej doesn't get 60% of votes that will come out of rivers state. Giving amaechi the vp slot will just be another bonus for APC...

Buhari/amaechi ticket i support
Bro, don't forget that Rivers State along with Bayelsa, Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Delta and the entire SE is Jonathan's political base. Amaechi on ballot may get 30% votes for APC but the 60% may be unrealistic. Well I believe in the ability of all three candidates to perform in the capacity of Vice President, but politically, I think it will be smart for the APC to strongly consider Buhari/Osinbajo ticket
Re: Modified by chamboy(m): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
That News would b the biggest news today
Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
nduchucks:
Greatness atimes is born out of daring to do what most people deem imposible or taboo.

Lets be bold and do what every person knows is best for Nigeria at this point.

I'd vote Buhari/Fashola ticket to set the stage for a Fashola administration after Buhari's.

I wonder if Buhari would be willing to tell Nigerians that he'll rule for 4 years to set the stage for a relatively corrupt free system to be run by a Fashola administration.

If so, he'd highlight the fact that he is a man of integrity and will not renege on his promise to the Nigerian people, like the loser and failure known as GEJ.
Nduchucks we all agree with the ability of Fashola. I can go any length to defend and promote Buhari/Fashola if he emerges VP candidate, in fact, I am a very promoter of competency before anything. Politically and strategically, I believe APC will need to put all factors into consideration

1 Like

Re: Modified by seanet02: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tinubu settles for Osinbajo.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
FastShipping:
Let us stop the temptation of choosing Fashola as running mate.

We should consider Buhari/Amaechi or Buhari/Osinbajo.
With the Chairmanship of APC in the South South, I don't see Amaechi emerging VP candidate except John Oyegun will have to resign.
Re: Modified by FastShipping: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
With the Chairmanship of APC in the South South, I don't see Amaechi emerging VP candidate except John Oyegun will have to resign.

I don't buy your assertion of Amaechi and Oyegun being from South-south region and for that we should not consider Amaechi. PDP Chairman and V.P are from the North too.

Buhari/Osinbajo is a very good option. We should take away the weapon of division away from PDP by avoiding the Muslim-Muslim ticket.

1 Like

Re: Modified by benuejosh: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
ameachi would have been the best but he wont pull for the SS.
Re: Modified by gabriel212: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
guy what is the latest?
heard they had appointed Ameachiis it true?
Re: Modified by arsetalks(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
I honestly think the best VP will be someone from the south east or south south. APC will get good amount of votes in the SW ( about 65%) and more than 80% in the core north and north east. They need to find a way of taking at least 30% of GEJ in the SS and SE and a VP from there can enhance their chances.

Fashola would have been able to not only lock down the SW but as well as get good votes in the SE and SS. He commands that much respect.

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Evathyst(f): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
All we are saying, give us Buhari/Fashola.... #Singing in supporters club voice#
Re: Modified by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
I prefer Fashola, but I dont mind Oshibajo
Re: Modified by FastShipping: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
raumdeuter:
I prefer Fashola, but I dont mind Oshibajo

Amaechi has been chosen.
Re: Modified by raumdeuter: 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
FastShipping:

Amaechi has been chosen.

where is the news?
Re: Modified by FastShipping: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: Modified by Blackvampire(m): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Which fashola after deportin igbos nonsense who will vote for him..mtcheeew gej forever
Re: Modified by Dannyset(m): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari alone will defeat Mr otueke, but with anyone out of dis 3 proven Men, we hav a landslide already. But if u think am lying, check dis reference pix.

Re: Modified by moufan: 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
I'll prefer buhari/fashola as the first choice then the prof the second
Re: Modified by biafranqueen: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Amechi performing Governor ?

Re: Modified by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
gabriel212:

guy what is the latest?
heard they had appointed Ameachiis it true?
It is not true, as I haven't heard from credible source. In fact, Mr. Peterside the Rivers Governorship Candidate of APC debunked it

1 Like

Re: Modified by Odutodaiwa: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2014
Check out this videos on Osinbajo. I am in love with the guy. Why would anybody oppose this guy. As long as Tinubu continues to push people like this for important positions, then he would continue to be relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZeGg46CCAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0aOSF48Eyw

I heard Obasanjo wants Olagunsoye Oyinlola. What a shame that Obasanjo always pushes for the wrong people while Tinubu puts the best head forward.
Re: Modified by Bruteforce101: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2014
Fashola as VP will be a walkover for PDP cos they will campaign on that muslim/muslim bullshit. They are evil people and will make sure they do anything to paint APC as a muslim party which they are doing already.

This is not 1993 when there is no powerful media and internet awareness in Naija, muslim/muslim cant work for now even when we know Fashola will perform wonderfully.

I will prefer Oshiomole or Ameachi. Oshio is popular in SW since the labour president time, he is rugged and will perform well. Ameachi is also another good option even when we know he wont be able to deliver all SS votes. I dont know much about the Prof so it will be another Buhari/Bakare ticket.

Muslim/muslim ticket cant work in this day Naija unless we gonna be deceiving ourselves.
Re: Modified by aydoth(m): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2014
WHAT PROMINENTS NIGERIANS SAY ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wither he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modified by gbolah1(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2014
I will like if we can try and set our piority right, we need d best candidate to emerge as president comes 2015,Buhari popularity is not enough to defeat incubent president, he need a strong running mate.
From my observation and poeples comment, fashola choise is higher than others but the only fear frommost commentator is for Pdp not to use it as avenue of campain against the apc as a muslim party.
If APC don't want to make mistake, they should nominate FaShola, my reason are.
1. His popular politically and his love by most people accross the country.
2. his wife is a christian and reedeem member to be precise.
3. More so as it stand I can say that 70% of muslim will surely want to vote such joint tickect just for sentiment which will also stand as an advantage for apc.
Wht apc need to do imeditly they announce the name is to start a campain n sensitisation of the voters.
Buhari driver is a christain 4 d past 10years.
His daughter married a an igbo man.
Fashola wife is christain.
My own opinion on Osinbajo, is a good tecnocrate but not popular politically and buhari need somone with political relevant to win the incumbency.
My follow niraland, let appeal to apc to choose brf as the vp running mate in the party.
I wish them best of luck but they should not make mistake
Re: Modified by femicyrus(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2014
Where is Tunde Bakare?
Re: Modified by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2014
The choice of VP should be between Prof Osinbajo and Gov Fashola. Osinbajo though not your regular politician, he can always ride on the political machine of Sen Bola Tinubu. This same machine brought Fashola to power in 2007 though he was relatively unknown as at then. Osinbajo's candidacy will fulfil the South requirement, satisfy religious balance (for those with religious bias), he answers the question of technocrat and competence, as well as satisfying loyalty requirement.
Fashola answers the question of popularity, tested and trusted, competence, a technocrat, absolute loyalty. A lot of awareness and campaign will be done to neutralise any question on religious sentiment with Fashola's candidacy. I believe we are equal to the task. Whoever is chosen between these two will be a great pair to Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Modified by HappyJoe: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2014
barcanista:
The choice of VP should be between Prof Osinbajo and Gov Fashola. Osinbajo though not your regular politician, he can always ride on the political machine of Sen Bola Tinubu. This same machine brought Fashola to power in 2007 though he was relatively unknown as at then. Osinbajo's candidacy will fulfil the South requirement, satisfy religious balance (for those with religious bias), he answers the question of technocrat and competence, as well as satisfying loyalty requirement.
Fashola answers the question of popularity, tested and trusted, competence, a technocrat, absolute loyalty. A lot of awareness and campaign will be done to neutralise any question on religious sentiment with Fashola's candidacy. I believe we are equal to the task. Whoever is chosen between these two will be a great pair to Muhammadu Buhari.

Some of you think the only people who matter in Nigeria are Hausas and Yorubas, thus you nominate a Hausa/Fulani as president & a Yoruba as vice (after 8 years of Obasanjo).

And all will be well?

Next year will be very interesting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Boko Haram Releases Video Showing The Beheading Of A Nigerian Soldier / Please What Is Biafras Most Integral Symbol Doing In Ogoni Coat Of Arms / List Of Nigeria Second Republic Governors And Their Deputies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.