Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? (3490 Views)

Buhari Without Ministers In Ten Days...(see His Achievement~~ What A Record) / Would The South-west Vote APC With Buhari As Presidential Candidate? / Fuel Sold At 50 kobo per litre Under General Buhari (without Subsidy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by FreeGlobe(f): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2014
As Buhari has been thrown in dilemma over the choice of running mate and since his most vocal supporters on nairaland are the yorubas, I want to know if these people will still support and vote Buhari if he picks a running mate from say south east or south south. Buhari won only in Osun state in 2011 with a yoruba running mate, what will likely be his fate in the south west if he doesn't pick a running mate from yorubaland. I smell hypocrisy here.

3 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by OtunbaJega: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2014
See question for dummies

2 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Shut Up! Na so you like South West! Let Buhari's picks credible person from Rwanda, South West Will VOTE him!

Anything is better than jonathan!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Trut(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2014
APC supporters are too abusive. Answer the simple question she ask and stop abusing her.

11 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Dannylux: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2014
The way y'all are raining abuses on her though.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by pendy79: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2014
By their idiocy and ignorance you shall know them. Buhari won Osun state in your dreams I guess.

They lack tact, are ignorant and braindead.

Ribadu won Osun state and not Buhari.

13 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by 9jii(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2014
SOUTH WEST ARE NOT THAT SENTIMENTAL LIKE THE REST NIGERIANS.if you lived there u must knew it,they go with what works for them.

6 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by thegoodone2(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2014
if buhari want 70% vote of Yoruba he must pick christain Yoruba.if he pick runing mate from ss or se they will vote for Gej because GEJ has 90% vote from Se and ss.if he pick musilm yoruba is a failure.

3 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Gbawe: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2014
Trut:
APC supporters are too abusive. Answer the simple question she ask and stop abusing her.

Have you never heard the saying "ask a silly question get a silly answer"? Aside the fact that the ethnocentric proclivities of the OP is well known to every Nairalander, who has the time to be providing 'answers' to bigoted and non-factual trash? Did Buhari win in Osun in 2011 as OP claims or was it Ribadu? tell us the correct answer and then tell us if anyone can thus be compelled to take the OP seriously.

FreeGlobe:
As Buhari has been thrown in dilemma over the choice of running mate and since his most vocal supporters on nairaland are the yorubas, I want to know if these people will still support and vote Buhari if he picks a running mate from say south east or south south. Buhari won only in Osun state in 2011 with a yoruba running mate, what will likely be his fate in the south west if he doesn't pick a running mate from yorubaland. I smell hypocrisy here.

5 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by FreeGlobe(f): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2014
@mods I hope you also banned berem for that post and not just hiding the post. If the mods keep allowing these paid per post APC agents to attack me and go Scot free then I'll unleash my Arsenal.

Anywho, Back to topic

8 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by PassingShot(m): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Yes we will.

In 2011, Buhari didn't have the support of Tinubu and the multitude of the big-wig politicians he now has. Remember that there was Ribadu/Fola Adeola presented by ACN of that time which meant that the block vote was split and more went to the ACN. Now all those votes go to the people's General.

Same thing can be said of the other Northern states where PDP were able to win. Unfortunately for them this time around, Kano is in the kitty of APC and so also some other North central states. Again, there will be a near block-vote from that region.

All in all, irrespective of who APC picks as his running mate, PDP DON ENTER LAST-CHANCE.

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by sorextee(m): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2014
We need a president that will move the country forward.. it doesn't matter if he's yoruba, hausa, Igbo, muslim, christian, atheist, jew, etc. As long as we will attain economic stability. Price of fuel will reduce, employment will increase, minimum wage will be raised, violence in the north will end, etc. So far so good, gmb is more suitable to deliver. GEJ is trying though,, but his advisors are ruining his administration.

3 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:
@mods I hope you also banned berem for that post and not just hiding the post. If the mods keep allowing these paid per post APC agents to attack me and go Scot free then I'll unleash my Arsenal.

Anywho, Back to topic
Sharrap!

Who hid my comment? Oniranu!!

3 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by davidmascot(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2014
Lolz
History tells....................We have learned people in southwest.....

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Gbawe: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2014
pendy79:
By their idiocy and ignorance you shall know them. Buhari won Osun state in your dreams I guess.

Don't mind the bigoted and ignorant OP. To ethnocentric haters of the North, like the OP, all "abokis" are the same so no surprise the notoriously bigoted OP thinks Buhari and Ribadu are one and the same. So many clowns on this forum who are quick to write before thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by kayoday(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Yes we will vote him
Most SW politicians command respect only in their state,but Buhari command respect across the region

4 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by queenna1: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2014
What do you care? There's no getting around it, Yoruba earned the VP position.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by FreeGlobe(f): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2014
thegoodone2:
if buhari want 70% vote of Yoruba he must pick christain Yoruba.if he pick runing mate from ss or se they will vote for Gej because GEJ has 90% vote from Se and ss.if he pick musilm yoruba is a failure.
in 2011, despite a running mate from south west, the ACN (a Yoruba party at the time that has since collasped into APC) lost woefully in the south west to PDP except in osun . Don't you think there will be a repeat in 2015 if the same formula is followed.

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Scatterboss(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

Smh.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by thegoodone2(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

in 2011, despite a running mate from south west, the ACN (a Yoruba party at the time that has since collasped into APC) lost woefully in the south west to PDP except in osun . Don't you think there will be a repeat in 2015 if the same formula is followed.
NO. u know what happen then and if u dont know go and read obasanjo book. Tinubu betrate Ribadu.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

The APC Yorubas hope to take over power after Buhari.

The fact is, no GEJ no oil no Nigeria.

It is either SS person or Everyone bears his fathers name

SW should get ready to live with cocoa wealth why Core-North will live with groundnut wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by donphilopus: 9:02am On Dec 13, 2014
pendy79:

I was perplexed when I saw it o @bold. Aregbesola delivered Osun for his party-man Ribadu in 2011, not Buhari.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by iykak47: 9:02am On Dec 13, 2014
berem:
Sharrap!

Who hid my comment? Oniranu!!
A lady that always behave like Oshodi motor park tout.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by emmasege: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2014
thegoodone2:
In addition, if he must pick VP from the old eastern region, it must be from the s/east. No sane s/southerner will vote for Amaechi as VP when there's an alternative of Jonathan as president. But he can use s/east VP choice to get significant number of votes from the region.
Also, Jonathan will have to double up his campaign in the north, particularly in the middle belt where religious sentiment may work for him. because this time around, buhari may get twice the number of votes he got in 2011 in the north east & west.
However it goes, jonathan will stil get the required one quarter in at least two thirds of the states in the federation. Even if he loses some northern states,he will still get the required number of votes. But I still have my doubt if buhari will be able to win two thirds of the states going by his records in 2011 election. Based on my own prediction, it will be hard for buhari to get one quarter of total votes cast in the following states: Bayelsa, Rivers, cross rivers, akwa ibom, edo, delta, enugu, imo, anambra, ebonyi, abia, benue, plateau, ekiti & ondo (15 states, leaving him with just 21 & falling short of the required 24 states). Run off is not an impossibility in the next general election.

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2014
thegoodone2:
NO. u know what happen then and if u dont know go and read obasanjo book. Tinubu betrate Ribadu.
exactly my point. And you think same Tinubu will not betray Buhari? Remember once a betrayer, always a betrayer.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by amakaeugene: 9:11am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

Anywho, Back to topic
1. Apc advocates arent paid they are not in fg to start disbursing money they dont have we all root 4 change. 2. The word arsenal is associated with cluelessness,(of manager) trophyless and ineffective. These words describe pdp and TANists i hope u arent one
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by amakaeugene: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

exactly my point. And you think same Tinubu will not betray Buhari? Remember once a betrayer, always a betrayer.
and after he has given so much to get here and its obvious they already have victory in 2015, now u TANiod think he would betray the general, i wonder if some people observe
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by pendy79: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

Don't know where you heard the story of betrayal. Ribadu stepped down hoping there would be a working agreement with the then CPC as negotiations were on as far back as that time but Buhari's insistence on not dropping Pastor Tunde Bakare made the deal not work out and INEC's refusal to drop Ribadu from race due to closeness to the election. Ribadu himself said this much so I don't know where the betrayal story came from.

ACN tactically withdrew from the race and decided not to monitor or put forward agents to the polling booths to checkmate whatever the PDP did.

There was much goodwill and pity for JonaTAN in 2011 based on the events before and after the death of Yar Adua which made him popular in the SW hence Tinubu and the APC gave him leeway since Rimbaud pulled out of the race

2 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by omololu2020(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

The APC Yorubas hope to take over power after Buhari.

The fact is, no GEJ no oil no Nigeria.

It is either SS person or Everyone bears his fathers name

SW should get ready to live with cocoa wealth why Core-North will live with groundnut wealth.

mr man which south south are u talkin about,speak for d ijaws alone.or u fink d itsekiris,benin,efik are ready to go to war because an ijaw man lost an election.my broda u ijaws are OYO

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Manazz(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2014
You know personally the way i see it most people that would vote for APC from the SS/SE aren't gonna do that because of a VP from their region but because they genuinely want change so why try to give them a VP from their region when they already have a President undecided If they wanted to vote based on their tribes they would obviously rather keep the President in office.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan Worships At The Winners Chapel Today...see Photos / Pics Of Biafra Advancing To Awka Few Hours Before Obiano Flee Government House / Atiku Vs Buhari Online Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.