Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory (132347 Views)

Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F / Kuwaiti Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Converts Into Christianity / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sheikh AbdelAhmed Alaye passed away

Inna lilahi waina ilahi rojiun

1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:00am On Feb 27, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 4:48am On Feb 28, 2017
Types Of Waliy:

# Some with knowledge without ibadah

# Some with Ibadah without knowledge

# Some with Ibadah and knowledge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyTPJIkOTM
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
Empiree:
Addressing Bid'a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvQB6UEOJk&t=12s

grin Subhan'allah! Sule? Sule? Sule is talking about Bid'ah when he himself is a Bid'ah.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
AlBaqir:

grin Subhan'allah! Sule? Sule? Sule is talking about Bid'ah when he himself is a Bid'ah.
I would disagree with you actually. I don't think he is as much as you might portray him. Yes, he does seems to do some stuff but definitely not shirk. He backs it up from Quran itself without even going much in hadith. Quran is loaded. It is up to us to explore it.

For instance those who insist on "STOP where Sahaba STOPPED" would have limited approach to Quran. Those who use scientific, spiritual and philosophical approach would have more to explore in Quran. I do not expect the sahabi to do many things we do today because the presence of Nabi(S) alone was sufficient for them. But Quran will continue to function till eternity. I really grasped his message actually even though he is somewhat controversial fellow.

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 3:02am On Mar 20, 2017
^^^

# He said and I qoute: "Ifa wa ninu Qurani....Fatiha ni IFÁ inu Quran", ti o ba jé eyan, o gbodò je eyan na....

# He usually talks, praises and boasts of juju publicly.

# Faruq once declared salatul fatih to be more important and rewarding than praying namaz/salat.

I don't want to waste my time recounting this man's evil thoughts and preaching.

Are those not acts of Shrik?

Empiree, this man is worse. I met him some years back, he's worst than you can imagine.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 4:23am On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^

# He said and I qoute: "Ifa wa ninu Qurani....Fatiha ni IFÁ inu Quran", ti o ba jé eyan, o gbodò je eyan na....

# He usually talks, praises and boasts of juju publicly.

# Faruq once declared salatul fatih to be more important and rewarding than praying namaz/salat.

I don't want to waste my time recounting this man's evil thoughts and preaching.
Are those not acts of Shrik?

Em.piree, this man is worse. I met him some years back, he's worst than you can imagine.
I am only going to address IFA stuff. A scientist sheikh, Fadilat Sheik Abdul Fatai Muhd Raji i once told you about who authored "Science In The Quran" once said something like this. I dont know how Sheikh Onikijipa said it but from what you just said seems to me he said what this sheikh said. That for Muhammad, Islam, Quran is mentioned in "oriki ifa" the same way we say nabi (S) is mentioned in the Bible. If i see the video of the sheikh I will post it.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 4:58am On Mar 20, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
I am only going to address IFA stuff. A scientist sheikh, Fadilat Sheik Abdul Fatai Muhd Raji i once told you about who authored "Science In The Quran" once said something like this. I dont know how Sheikh Onikijipa said it but from what you just said seems to me he said what this sheikh said. That for Muhammad, Islam, Quran is mentioned in "oriki ifa" the same way we say nabi (S) is mentioned in the Bible. If i see the video of the sheikh I will post it.

First, Quran and Islam and Nabi have absolutely nothing to do with IFA. Saying IFA says something about them is nothing. Who exactly does IFA wants to convince?

Second, orunmila, obatala, osun vis-à-vis IFA is nothing but Yoruba legendary formulation. None of Yoruba's theories passes the search of research, science and rationality.

Third, Onikijipa was not saying whether ifa says something about Nabi. Rather he says ifa is in Quran.

Onikijipa is said to be a pure alawo belonging to several occult societies. And he too with his several unimaginable declaration had indirectly confirm it.

Trust me bro, the man is crazy.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by haffaze777(m): 8:19am On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

First, Quran and Islam and Nabi have absolutely nothing to do with IFA. Saying IFA says something about them is nothing. Who exactly does IFA wants to convince?

Second, orunmila, obatala, osun vis-à-vis IFA is nothing but Yoruba legendary formulation. None of Yoruba's theories passes the search of research, science and rationality.

Third, Onikijipa was not saying whether ifa says something about Nabi. Rather he says ifa is in Quran.

Onikijipa is said to be a pure alawo belonging to several occult societies. And he too with his several unimaginable declaration had indirectly confirm it.

sheik onikijipa is confirm babalawo
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

But i have listened to his lecture where he speaks against joining occult. Bold seems to be assumption not certainty.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
But i have listened to his lecture where he speaks against joining occult. Bold seems to be assumption not certainty.

# So, you expect him to publicly declare he's in occult society?

# I put it to you that 90% of these so-called sheik especially in Ilorin, of fake Sufi orders, are in occult society. I have many of their followers as friend and I know what they are capable of. They have simply married Islam and voodoo together to the extent that it has become a normal thing to them.

# Onikijipa has severally in his lectures preached kufr. Those are enough to know his stand.

# Wallahi here's part of my experience. My sheik and Ustaz is of Ilorin indigene. About 4/5 years ago he was invited to an occult society. He declined twice, then the third time he decided to hear them out. He, alongside 8 of his able aids went via the lead of the messenger, to the meeting house. On getting there, he was abused severally for declining their invitations. The leader (a woman) was reported to have mentioned several names of big big Alfas and sheiks in Ilorin and its environ that are members of that society. My Ustaz was given time to go and think about it. He recounted this ordeal in a public lecture at.... The topic of his lecture then was how Muslims especially Ulama have left the tenet of Imam for shaitan. Few months after that time he was arrested and up till now he's still in custody.

* I don't want to mention his name or the place in Ilorin.

# Its no longer secret in Ilorin - occult society of Alfas. They are even been backed by the state Government because they are helping them in a lots of ways.

# Several omo kewu sheu x, y, z have been apprehended while exhuming dead bodies, cutting whatever part they need for their evil things. They are released in no time.

# Shuyukh and their omo kewus are riding best of cars today.

# Compare the present days to the time of Sheik Adam et al.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

Well, you may know him more. I have no idea of him beyond YouTube lectures and that's what i base my judgement on
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
Well, you may know him more. I have no idea of him beyond YouTube lectures and that's what i base my judgement on

Four years ago Onikijipa and some muslim public figures were awarded at Spring hotel and resort in Osogbo. I was there at the lecture. Governor Aregbe too was there. My Ustaz was the guest Lecturer that day. I was ashamed to be present in such a gathering where Onikijipa is being honored. What he and his thug omo kewu displayed was shameful. When he finally seated, we thought the crowd had gotten its peace back so we can continue listening to the lecture. To every ones surprise, about 20-25 ladies came out from nowhere with same transparent clothes, no hijab, with make ups, and display of jewelries etc, praising their master and moving up to the podium. They all arrived where he seated, and knelt down shouting his praise. I was told those are his "al-Misqeen".
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

Four years ago Onikijipa and some muslim public figures were awarded at Spring hotel and resort in Osogbo. I was there at the lecture. Governor Aregbe too was there. My Ustaz was the guest Lecturer that day. I was ashamed to be present in such a gathering where Onikijipa is being honored. What he and his thug omo kewu displayed was shameful. When he finally seated, we thought the crowd had gotten its peace back so we can continue listening to the lecture. To every ones surprise, about 20-25 ladies came out from nowhere with same transparent clothes, no hijab, with make ups, and display of jewelries etc, praising their master and moving up to the podium. They all arrived where he seated, and knelt down shouting his praise. [b]I was told those are his "al-Misqeen"[b].
Lol....is that where he got "al-miskin billah" from?
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
From everything you have be been saying about him @albaqir, I don't know if you have personal beef with him or not. So I can't really take your words as sahih. I will take them as daef for now.

I know he's controversial man and very articulate. He says things that are out of this world that I dont think he should say. Some of them are right but the matn are wrong. For instance where he said solatih fathi is greater than obligatory salat, from few mins video you sent me before, I had to interpret his statement properly to understand him.

It is common knowledge that praying in congregation is more rewarding than alone. It is said that if you offer your salat alone you get one reward. We learned this growing up, isn't?.

And whether or not we pray in congregation we can not guarantee if it is accepted or not until we reach Hereafter. But what is guaranteed is if you send salams on the nabi (s), it is guaranteed that is accepted with multiple rewards. This is confirmed in sahih ahadith. This is where sufi emphasized on solat ala nabiy but this doesn't mean it is greater than obligatory salat. Five daily prayers are simply FARD whether the reward is big or not. So I believe this is what Sheikh Onikijipa was saying but he didn't phrase it properly.

Again, it is guaranteed that one salam on the prophet (s) attracts times10 of the reward. So how about making multiple salams ala nabi?. See much reward you harvest and this is guaranteed as recorded. But doing this alone does not guarantee Janna without fulfilling obligatory tenets. This is what I can deduce from him for saying salati fathi is more rewarding than obligatory salat. I have heard him say that you can't get close to Allah through nawafil and abandoning obligatory salat. You enter into Allah's camp through fard followed by naflat. That's what he said
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
^^^

# First, you should by now know me that I am not a person that begs for sympathy. So saying you can't take my word as Sahih is out of it. I never ask you to. I simply recount what I know of the babalawos in Ilorin and its environs, and of course Alufá Onikijipa. He never leave room for his defense.

# Second, personal beef? For what? Nothing absolutely nothing connect us together. Seeing people like him disgracing an already battered Islam in this society is my pain. People listen to awon Alfa a lot. He has given evil hope and deceit to many.

Why do you think our environment continue to be worsen in morality, fear of God etc despite astronomical increase in number of Alfas, shuyukh, mosques, groups, sects etc? Its simply because of people like Farouq Onikijipa, Buhari omo musa, Amir Jays and the rest of babalawo of their types. And of course the extremists like Jabata et al. Islam is really messed up, man.

# Third, there is absolutely no way you can curry-flavor any explanation about that clear statement of his that Salat fatih is greater than Namaz/Salat.

The fact is even if you continue doing salawat ala Nabi and did not pray, you are going nowhere before Allah. Salawat is inside Salat but Salat is not inside salawat. The ruling of the two are far different. And obviously salawat can never substitute even takbiratul ihram of Salat. The fact that Nabi himself, his purified Ahl al-bayt and righteous Sahabah prayed Salat alongside salawat clearly sealed the point. Today, many of these babalawos and their followers have abandoned Salat for salawat. Who are they following? Obviously not Nabi.

# And saying no one knows whether his salat is accepted or not (but salawat is known to be accepted) is one of those silly talk of the likes of babalawo Farouq.

According to Quran, part of the establishment of Salat is to eradicate our evil sinful ways (small or big).Sign of acceptance of Salat is this. If you pray 24/7 and you continue in sinful, evil ways, obviously you are just doing exercise.

2 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
And concerning him being a "confirmed babalawo", I don't know what criteria you used to arrive at this conclusion. The only thing I can point out is where you talked about his omo kewu might involved in dubious business like harvesting human flesh. That's haram obviously. I listened to his lecture about this just last week and he condemned this type of things but he's not against using Allah's creations (leafs, roots ) as means of livelihood. This is why I find it hard to really reconcile what you said about him with what I heard him say.

Now, in Yoruba land, we tend to assume that whoever uses Ewe atI Egbo is a babalawo. This is very wrong concept. Ewe ati egbo are Allah's creations for believers and non believers. The ONLY clause is how they are used and what it they are used for. That's the only difference between us and them. There is absolutely nothing wrong using these things. They aren't created for fun. They are there for our use including sacrificing animals. Again the only difference is a Muslim sacrifices animal only according to sharia not by strangling, cutting off the throat with teeth or mentioning other than Allah's Name. These activities (of animal sacrifice ) are embedded in the Quran. For instance, some Muslims today condemned the practice or idea of making dua and sacrificing animals. It is rather their limited understanding of Quran.

In sura Kawsar ayah two, Allah talks about making dua and making sacrifice. So there is nothing wrong doing this. This is what I was trying to say in "Jinn Stories" thread few years ago but I didn't think about references much. If they are babalawo for using ewe ati egbo, what do we call a medical doctor and scientists who formed these capsules and tablets everyone use in modern day. Some of these sufi practices are okay for as long as they are within the boundaries of Sharia. It is not sharia to kill human and use him for money ritual, this is haram and kufr. And whatever dua, ewe, egbo and sacrifices we make must be submitted to Allah.

And I said before, Quran is very rich in meaning and you understood this. Not everything nabi (s) and his sahaba didn't do is bidah or haram. Shirk is clear.

As for occult, Quran itself enjoined having groups that command khayr and forbid munkar. There is nothing wrong in groups. I hate to use "occult" or cult as some translations of quran do sometimes. So there is nothing wrong if shuyuk are together upon all that is good and by helping one another. I want to believe that you are being sentimental for saying his omo kewu publicly involved in dubious means and he his aware and support them. I would argue otherwise.

Matter of fact, I read on naijagists website last week that one of his boys duped someone for millions of dollars. I'm yet to read his statements about this. I can only judge him by what i heard from his lectures on YouTube which are in many occasions in conflict with what you said here.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^
According to Quran, part of the establishment of Salat is to eradicate our evil sinful ways (small or big).Sign of acceptance of Salat is this. If you pray 24/7 and you continue in sinful, evil ways, obviously you are just doing exercise.
Yes, Quran clearly states that but many of us still do evil regardless. But that does not mean it is or it is not accepted. What you don't get is, a Muslim already fullfils obligation once he prays.

Like a hadith says that salat of a man is not accepted for 40 days for seeing soothsayer. Does that means he shouldn't pray because hadith denies him of the reward?. No.

If he doesn't pray because he's deprived of the rewards for seeing soothsayer, that's effrontery. But if the person prays anyways regardless, Allah may give him back the rewards for fulfilling his duty. I never read or heard of any known Muslim shuyuk preached abandoning salat but I have heard some people do. I am not aware of any known figure said that.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
Yes, Quran clearly states that but many of us still do evil regardless. But that does not mean it is or it is not accepted. What you don't get is, a Muslim already fullfils obligation once he prays.

Like a hadith says that salat of a man is not accepted for 40 days for seeing soothsayer. Does that means he shouldn't pray because hadith denies him of the reward?. No.

If he doesn't pray because he's deprived of the rewards for seeing soothsayer, that's effrontery. But if the person prays anyways regardless, Allah may give him back the rewards for fulfilling his duty. I never read or heard of any known Muslim shuyuk preached abandoning salat but I have heard some people do. I am not aware of any known figure said that.

# First Salat is more than 1 reward, 25 rewards or whatever stuff. Salat is said to be Muslim's miraj to Allah.

# Second, what do you think is the essence or purpose of creation? Some will quickly say to serve God, and immediately cite the popular verse, " We have not created Jinn and Man but to serve Him". Is that really it when the next verse that follows says Allah did not need our worship. Purpose of creation is perfection and if you reflect clearly, Salat, Sawm, Zakat, Hajj etc are established to refine and purify the animalistic side of us. If Salat does not have effect in our life, am afraid....

# Third, Allah is merciful and He is Just in his dealing. Saying praying in congregation attract more reward than being individual needs to be understood clearly, my friend.

Just any tom, dick and harry congregation? Those babalawos can never be an Imam for congregation and you expect reward. Besides, in my little understanding of fiqh, even every individual of congregation has different reward depending on the state of his connection with his Lord. A follower at the back might have more reward than Imam.

# Fourth, somebody that drinks alcohol, adulterer, fornicators, visiting soothsayers or te yanrìn etc and his a regular prayer. Obviously Salat does not have any vital impact on his life. In my opinion, he will surely be rewarded with his effort of praying or fasting but definitely not like he who has abandoned those things.

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

# First Salat is more than 1 reward, 25 rewards or whatever stuff. Salat is said to be Muslim's miraj to Allah.
I like to see reference for this please

# Second, what do you think is the essence or purpose of creation? Some will quickly say to serve God, and immediately cite the popular verse, " We have not created Jinn and Man but to serve Him". Is that really it when the next verse that follows says Allah did not need our worship. Purpose of creation is perfection and if you reflect clearly, Salat, Sawm, Zakat, Hajj etc are established to refine and purify the animalistic side of us. If Salat does not have effect in our life, am afraid....
Allah knows that we all can not maintain Ihsan. We are different. We are weak. Barely in today's world we can find a muslim to pray like sahabt. Sayyidina Umar and Ali come to mind. Today, the moment we make takbiratul ihram, we start thinking baout what need to to do next after salat, we start thinking about money we make or want to make, food, children and the list goes on. The reward is there as you said but of different level. That's not my point. My point is obligatory duty is fulfiled by offering the salat simply bcus it is FARD

# Third, Allah is merciful and He is Just in his dealing. Saying praying in congregation attract more reward than being individual needs to be understood clearly, my friend.
I understand. Some congregational are faster than federeal express but still obligatory duty is fulfiled when they offer it (in congregation or not). But we can't be sure if it accepted or not. Thats the reason we keep saying "olohun a gba o". But salawat on the prophet is no doubt according to ahadith. Fuqaha (all 4 schools) even said salat is not valid without salawat after atahiyat. That's how pretty salawat is.

Just any tom, dick and harry congregation? Those babalawos can never be an Imam for congregation and you expect reward. Besides, in my little understanding of fiqh, even every individual of congregation has different reward depending on the state of his connection with his Lord. A follower at the back might have more reward than Imam.
Again, saying babalawo is derogatory statement in order to castigate them. If i happen to visit his masjid in time of salat and he leads prayer, i will join the congregation. It is none of my business what he does so long as he prays the way it s established.

# Fourth, somebody that drinks alcohol, adulterer, fornicators, visiting soothsayers or te yanrìn etc and his a regular prayer. Obviously Salat does not have any vital impact on his life. In my opinion, he will surely be rewarded with his effort of praying or fasting but definitely not like he who has abandoned those things.

Exactly,because they fulfilled Fard. That's my point. Bold, is there any known Sheikh who preaches "abandonment of salat" to his people?. I am not talking about mureed. Mureed do whatever they want. And i am not talking about few mins clip you sent me before because that's not evidence

I think i know why you detest him. I remember watching his lecture a yr ago i think where he said "a je eyan ka to je eyan". I considered this mistake and slip of tongue and not to be used against him. He later stylishly corrected himself few minutes later in the same clip. So thats now evidence of him being babalawo. His recent lectures i watched show that he go against such things. He was simply advicing people from using "ewe ati egbo" for haram, human sacrifice or money rituals. He frown at these things.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:20am On Mar 21, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 5:31am On Mar 21, 2017
^^
Reference(s) of what? That hadith say:
# that Praying alone attract one reward
# that Praying in congregation equal 25 X reward
# that Salat is the meraj (spiritual journey) of a muslim to Allah.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2017

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:16am On Mar 30, 2017
He speaks about kneeling and prostrating to greet parents and elderly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-j8hR4iuYc

Makes sense with his brief explanation
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:48am On Apr 05, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Ayatollah Khomeini's Book On Sex: For Shias / The Powers Of Ayatul Kursi / How Do U Realy Perform Ghusl Janabah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.