Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. (12758 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by youngice(m): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
peterjero:

You didn't answer my question
I love "balanced cars" I need HP
I dey drive as if i have a death warrant
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by peterjero(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
youngice:

I love "balanced cars" I need HP
I dey drive as if i have a death warrant
You still didn't answer my question, which car do you drive
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by youngice(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
peterjero:

You still didn't answer my question, which car do you drive
a Honda civic
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by icemann(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
I am soooo tempted to INSULT you but i want to believe you made and oversight. If you actually read all the people i quoted, they were debating Lexus VS MB, and the Luxury specs on a Japanese car. At what point did i call Peugeot a German car? You need to pay attention to details.
Lagusta:

The fact that u called Peugeot a German car has made u a fake babalawo..... undecided
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Lagusta(m): 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
icemann:
I am soooo tempted to INSULT you but i want to believe you made and oversight. If you actually read all the people i quoted, they were debating Lexus VS MB, and the Luxury specs on a Japanese car. At what point did i call Peugeot a German car? You need to pay attention to details.

And thank your stars you didn't insult me....

When you mentioned Peugeot vs Toyota, then labeled the thread a potential German vs jap war, didn't you indirectly call a Peugeot a German car??

Wouldn't it be fair to just say "japs vs euro cars"
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by icemann(m): 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
icemann:
You guys just went form Peugeot to Toyota .
I predict this would turn into Japanese cars vs German cars soon . Till then let me eat my popcorn and watch.
Lagusta:

And thank your stars you didn't insult me....
When you mentioned Peugeot vs Toyota, then labeled the thread a potential German vs jap war, didn't you indirectly call a Peugeot a German car??
Wouldn't it be fair to just say "japs vs euro cars"

So saying people changed a discussion about Peugeot to a discussion about Japaneses cars and it later turned it into a Japanese vs German argument means i said Peugeot cars German?

let me show you what the chain of discussion looks like

Peugeot -----------> Japanese(Toyota) ------------> Japanese Vs German

If you still don't understand then i am sorry for our educational system
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Lagusta(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
icemann:

So saying people changed a discussion about Peugeot to a discussion about Japaneses cars and it later turned it into a Japanese vs German argument means i said Peugeot cars German?

let me show you what the chain of discussion looks like

Peugeot -----------> Japanese(Toyota) ------------> Japanese Vs German

If you still don't understand then i am sorry for our educational system

No time to argue bro....

Each man is entitled to his own opinion...

I believe we are both graduates, so let's behave like one!!! smiley

Peace
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by peterjero(m): 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
youngice:
a Honda civic
It would have been better you bought a European car, the civic is still as bland as the corrola
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by youngice(m): 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
peterjero:

It would have been better you bought a European car, the civic is still as bland as the corrola
Better soup name money kill am
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by peterjero(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
youngice:

Better soup name money kill am
So praise the japmobile wey you get
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by fishleg123: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
thank God I didn't listened to them when they told me that Peugeot is a bad car. that 406 phase 11 is the best car on Nigeria road. it is very rugged, beautiful, high fuel economy, elegant, and when it come to speed and balance, it is there. funny enough, I got it Nigerian used and for almost 3 years now I they have not touched d wiring system. I've never spent up to 10k.at once. to repair anything. I drive it to my site every time and as a farmer I use it to carry all sort of things on bad roads always. in fact it is the best car.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Ikenna351(m): 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
fishleg123:
thank God I didn't listened to them when they told me that Peugeot is a bad car. that 406 phase 11 is the best car on Nigeria road. it is very rugged, beautiful, high fuel economy, elegant, and when it come to speed and balance, it is there. funny enough, I got it Nigerian used and for almost 3 years now I they have not touched d wiring system. I've never spent up to 10k.at once. to repair anything. I drive it to my site every time and as a farmer I use it to carry all sort of things on bad roads always. in fact it is the best car.

That's wondeful. Keep on roaring!

Ikenna
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by lungwun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Big fallacy. The camrys and corollas might be bland (but they belong to a particular class and rule in their class) but saying all Toyota no be car is going way too far. Have u seen the current generation Avalon? The landcruiser is a king in its class while the tundra is also a beast in its class. Even the fj cruiser is one of the most affordable off roaders and name a compact pick up truck that is better than the hilux? Who says Toyota no be car?

Wrong wrong wrong!!

The Tundra was created to compete in the American Full size truck market.

So far, its only beat out the Chevy Avalanche which isnt really a serious Work horse.

So tell me dear sir, is it really a beast in its class or is it a 'Me too' that just get along?

Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Peacefullife: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ikenna,
I understand your passion for Peugeots, but on 607, I beg to disagree.

I got a 2002 model in 2009 and believe me, it was the worst buy of the seven or eight cars I have bought in my life in terms of reliability, although the most luxurious.

From radiator water and atf mixing together (3 transmissions changed already and counting) to front battery charging and rear battery not charging. Because rear battery not charging, driver side power window not working, and was told I have to change the whole door. Stories are just endless.

Please, it is possible to change the transmission to manual and save myself some of the stress? I personally haven't driven the car for like two years while the old man that uses it atimes have abandoned it for like six months, since the last transmission change.
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Ikenna351(m): 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Peacefullife:
Ikenna,
I understand your passion for Peugeots, but on 607, I beg to disagree.

I got a 2002 model in 2009 and believe me, it was the worst buy of the seven or eight cars I have bought in my life in terms of reliability, although the most luxurious.

From radiator water and atf mixing together (3 transmissions changed already and counting) to front battery charging and rear battery not charging. Because rear battery not charging, driver side power window not working, and was told I have to change the whole door. Stories are just endless.

Please, it is possible to change the transmission to manual and save myself some of the stress? I personally haven't driven the car for like two years while the old man that uses it atimes have abandoned it for like six months, since the last transmission change.

I could see some form of abuse on the poor lion, from what you said above.

Let me ask you, what do you think that caused cooling system fluid to mix with Transmission ATF in radiator? For a start, you said water? Is that what Peugeot asked you to use in that system? What usually leads to radiator blockage and leakage? If you know that, what then led to the oil and water mixture in the radiator? This same issue happens on most peoples vehicles with auto transmissions, irrespective of vehicle brand. What causes it?

The 2nd battery mounted in the boot is called Service battery, which was only fitted on some, not all. Service battery powers most of the gadgets and ECUs, while the main battery in the engine bay handles starter and some other components. For you to complain the service battery no longer charges raise serious questions on the state of the wirings in that car. If I may ask, is that Lion factory LHD or converted RHD-LHD? Because, its the same Alternator bolted to the engine which auxiliary belt drives, is the same Alternator that charges Main battery in engine bay and Service battery in the boot. So if the Service battery refuses to charge, who tampered with the connection that takes power from Alternator to that battery?

Are you saying because the service battery no longer charges, the drivers door will need to be changed for the glass/window regulator to function? What does a failed (likely abused) service battery charging connection got to do with non functional window regulator? Even if that battery powers that windows regulator, was that why the regulator failed? And to crown it all, will replacing the entire door the solution to a failed window regulator/lifter? What kind of electricians do you give that poor lion to troubleshoot?

Notwithstanding, 607 is known for window lifter issues. But some models of 607 doors have 406 system. So, all you need (if thats what yours have) is to Buy 406 one, which is cheaper. But for those that use AC often, you have no Business with that chamber.

I wouldn't know if the auto transmission in that Lion is AL4 or 4HP20, since you didn't state the engine. But manual conversion of any Lion is the simplest job to do for any good mechanic. It's simply a drop-in and bolt-on job. Peugeot makes provision for anyone that wants to carryout such modification or conversion in their auto trannies. I wonder why your mechanic couldn't figure it out till now. A manual gearbox for 4-cylinder 607 cost as low as 6-10k.

What you complained of (except the window issue) is not different from what people have experienced in their 406s when the wrong hands touched them or when RHD-LHD conversions were badly done.

Like I said earlier, I have studied both 406 and 607 systems, anyone that enjoys 406 as trouble-free car will find the same in 607. But anyone that finds 607 as no go-area, will not find ownership of 406 (D9) a pleasant experience.

Ikenna
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Peacefullife: 11:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
Bros Ik,
Thanks for the insights. Let me provide more details about some of the issues addressed.
On the service battery, you are right. The battery attends to all the power needs of the car except the engine. Because of it, remote key does not function, boot doesn't open and most other things requiring power dont work except the engine is running and the whole system is dependent on the engine battery. Mind you, I have not done anything on the alternator talkless of messing it up, other than once replacing a 50amp fuse which a mech said is responsible for the back battery. Personally, I think maybe the wire going to the service battery is the culprit. But since the car moves, I keep managing it like that. So solutions are welcomed. It is original LHD and not converted.
Thank God you informed me that the auto glass are prone to issues, but mime is only problematic if there is no service battery or it is down. It developed the permanent fault after several service batteries were changed. The panel guy said the component that got bad in the car is welded to the door itself, hence only replacement of the door itself can solve the problem.

I don't know the type of tranny in the car and unfortunately I am not in my town to provide the VIN now, but it is a V6 engine, with tranny having snow and sports mode. The mech guy said he can do the tranny change but I was too scared to let him try it lest other issues develop. Is there a 6 speed manual tranny for the car?

I currently use a Volvo which is also luxurious and European, but the 607 has made an earlier statement by a colleague about the car (he called it fortune drainer) come true.

Any advice or effort to bring this car back to win my confidence will be welcomed, sir.
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Ikenna351(m): 1:01am On Dec 26, 2014
Peacefullife:
Bros Ik,
Thanks for the insights. Let me provide more details about some of the issues addressed.
On the service battery, you are right. The battery attends to all the power needs of the car except the engine. Because of it, remote key does not function, boot doesn't open and most other things requiring power dont work except the engine is running and the whole system is dependent on the engine battery. Mind you, I have not done anything on the alternator talkless of messing it up, other than once replacing a 50amp fuse which a mech said is responsible for the back battery. Personally, I think maybe the wire going to the service battery is the culprit. But since the car moves, I keep managing it like that. So solutions are welcomed. It is original LHD and not converted.
Thank God you informed me that the auto glass are prone to issues, but mime is only problematic if there is no service battery or it is down. It developed the permanent fault after several service batteries were changed. The panel guy said the component that got bad in the car is welded to the door itself, hence only replacement of the door itself can solve the problem.

I don't know the type of tranny in the car and unfortunately I am not in my town to provide the VIN now, but it is a V6 engine, with tranny having snow and sports mode. The mech guy said he can do the tranny change but I was too scared to let him try it lest other issues develop. Is there a 6 speed manual tranny for the car?

I currently use a Volvo which is also luxurious and European, but the 607 has made an earlier statement by a colleague about the car (he called it fortune drainer) come true.

Any advice or effort to bring this car back to win my confidence will be welcomed, sir.

In summary, you still proved what I have said earlier. Guess work which usually leads to abuse.

All you have explained is, "He said that, I think that,etc". All those while, have you ever plugged in PP2000 to find out what is wrong with the service battery and the front electric window lifter? The more you carryout guess work on that lion, the more problem you introduce in that system. Whatever that is wrong, originally, is stored in the ECUs, waiting for you to access and see. Who knows what other connection or bypass your electrician has done on the lion to make the faults go away. It's a luxury vehicle and need to be handled as such. Get a proper diagnostic tool (PP2000) to truly find out what is wrong, and not what your mechanic /electrician thought were the culprits.

Since the engine is V6, the auto transmission would be 4HP20 and not AL4. You can easily convert it to manual. The ES9J4S (V6) engine in that bay can be metted to a BVM5 (5-speed manual transmission) specifically designed for that engine. 6-speed manual is for EW12 engines. The manual gearbox for that engine cost more than I-4 engine manual tranny. The V6 manual tranny cost about 70-80k, though you can get it cheaper, depending on where you stay. Then you will need the gearbox accessories (linkages, cables, etc), manual pedals and clutch components.

The fuse your electrician probably replaced is called "Maxi fuse". Removing the Maxi fuse means disconnecting the service battery. Like Peugeot instructed, you need to remove the Maxi fuse first before disconnecting the service battery terminals.

Scan that lion with a proper tool.

Ikenna
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Peacefullife: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
All right. I will do that when I get back home.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Will contact you if I need further guidance.
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Ikenna351(m): 7:18am On Dec 30, 2014
Peacefullife:
All right. I will do that when I get back home.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Will contact you if I need further guidance.

Ok.

If you have anymore question or clarification on Peugeot 607, do let me know. Good morning.

Ikenna
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by badaruwa(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2015
Hello. I am so relieved to see i am not the only person who likes the 607. I love mine for so many reasons. Thanks Ikenna for your comments and for sharing your thoughts on the pug 607. Where may I purchase the diagbox you mentioned please? Contact me ASAP. I also sent you a request on whatsapp so I may join the Lion's community please. Thanks man. Stay blessed... smiley
Re: Why Is Peugoet 607 So Scarce Now On Nigerian Roads. by Ikenna351(m): 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
badaruwa:
Hello. I am so relieved to see i am not the only person who likes the 607. I love mine for so many reasons. Thanks Ikenna for your comments and for sharing your thoughts on the pug 607. Where may I purchase the diagbox you mentioned please? Contact me ASAP. I also sent you a request on whatsapp so I may join the Lion's community please. Thanks man. Stay blessed... smiley

That's very good to hear. Truly, the 607 is a very nice Lion, a good one. Thanks for your testifying.

I sell the Diagbox. I have only 1 left at the moment. Contact me off the forum to discuss it.

I am yet to receive your WhatsApp message.

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Your Engine? Which Is Your Cylinder #1, 4 Or 6? / Identifying The Year Of Your Vehicle / How to Ruin a Car (photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.