Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Can We Give Buhari A Try? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Give Buhari A Try? (5799 Views)

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty / US Did Not Give Buhari Any Oil Thieves' List - Punch / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Demdem(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:
You don't gamble with the existence of a nation. We need leaders that can prove to be better irrespective of party, religion or ethnicity. Buhari had several opportunities to prove himself, but he chose a path of sectionalism and favoritism over the common good of the nation.

FASHOLA is in APC, he should have been presented because he would have been the most worthy aspirant. The fact that he is Yoruba and a Muslim does not matter. Buhari should have thrown his weight behind him instead of presenting himself.

U don't present someone who hasn't shown interest.
Did Fashola pick up the form and was denied the opportunity to run? Rochas showed interest and tried his luck.

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by reezee: 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Dereformer:
Capital no. We cannot try an unrepentant coupist and a religious bigot.

Nigeria is not an Islamist state and will never be .
you are the religious bigot its written all over your post
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by reezee: 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:
You don't gamble with the existence of a nation. We need leaders that can prove to be better irrespective of party, religion or ethnicity. Buhari had several opportunities to prove himself, but he chose a path of sectionalism and favoritism over the common good of the nation.

FASHOLA is in APC, he should have been presented because he would have been the most worthy aspirant. The fact that he is Yoruba and a Muslim does not matter. Buhari should have thrown his weight behind him instead of presenting himself.
And you saTANS would would have loved that and he would have lost woefully just like ribadu did in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Firefire(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
IT SHALL NEVER HAPPEN. I MEAN NEVER! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by OCTAVO: 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Oh yeah, let's try Buhari!
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by nduchucks: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
As of now, all Buhari supporters belong to the same family of interest groups, so lets put our personal grievances aside and spend our energy on defeating PDP.

Afam nwanne m, nothing do you. You are most welcomed into the fold. Its time to think outside the box and take the risk.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
The election should not be rigged. That is my concern. If PDP tries to rig it, . . .
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Buhari flogged your fathers with koboko and wants to repeat that after 30 years to the children - Na ISIL in view be this my people.

Buhari commanded the arrest and indefinite detention of pro democracy groups who dare talk about Nigeria's political future as far as he (Buhari) was still on the throne

Haba my people, dey take bondage swear for una.

Your vote is your power, together we will put to a stop Buhari's attempt to benefit from the institution he destroyed.
No lie Ngwakwe o..this GEJ's govt is it any different frm the military regime? Dnt forget when he used the army to harass 5 APC govs going for campaign @ ekiti state..Have u forgoten hw he used th DSS woman to harass nd delay d flight of Ezekwesili to UK? Have u still forgotten hw he ordered Soldiers/police/DSS to harass opposition lawmakers and the speaker? How he ordered police to block d emir of kano entry 2d palace? Hw he and his wife ordered police to harass BBOG protesters in abj by firing tear-gas @ dem? IS GEJ not a tyrant? Dnt boder defending him cos d action of diz agencies wea 'order from above' as de had proclaimed..kettle calling pot black! SHOW ME ANY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN THAT BUHARI HARASSED OR 'FLOGGED' as you said? Weda na eem work to hold cane..

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by jmaine: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Maybe in 2050 . . . . . . . . .
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Ngwakwe: 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
No lie Ngwakwe o..this GEJ's govt is it any different frm the military regime? Dnt forget when he used the army to harass 5 APC govs going for campaign @ ekiti state..Have u forgoten hw he used th DSS woman to harass nd delay d flight of Ezekwesili to UK? Have u still forgotten hw he ordered Soldiers/police/DSS to harass opposition lawmakers and the speaker? How he ordered police to block d emir of kano entry 2d palace? Hw he and his wife ordered police to harass BBOG protesters in abj by firing tear-gas @ dem? IS GEJ not a tyrant? Dnt boder defending him cos d action of diz agencies wea 'order from above' as de had proclaimed..kettle calling pot black! SHOW ME ANY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN THAT BUHARI HARASSED OR 'FLOGGED' as you said? Weda na eem work to hold cane..

I don't know your age but may I remind you that School Principals and public servants were meant to leap frog and be flogged for coming late to school or work instead of the disciplinary measures contained in civil service code of conduct.

If you are waiting for a cab, you are meant to queue on line and any attempt to change your mind and leave for another alternative will be punished with koboko or severe corporal punishments.

Come to the market and see wahala where Buhari's boys in uniform are parading to know how much a petty trader sold a commodity to determine if it was a fair price or not.

Bros, I need to write my own book "On my Watch" to tell the stories as it happened in Aba for the younger generation to have a glimpse of how we were governed then and to know that there wasn't any difference between Buhari's regime and ISIL in Iraq.

7 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Zellie: 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:

You couldn't have said it any better
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by abes(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I don't know your age but may I remind you that School Principals and public servants were meant to leap frog and be flogged for coming late to school or work instead of the disciplinary measures contained in civil service code of conduct.

If you are waiting for a cab, you are meant to queue on line and any attempt to change your mind and leave for another alternative will be punished with koboko or severe corporal punishments.

Come to the market and see wahala where Buhari's boys in uniform are parading to know how much a petty trader sold a commodity to determine if it was a fair price or not.

Bros, I need to write my own book "On my Watch" to tell the stories as it happened in Aba for the younger generation to have a glimpse of how we were governed then and to know that there wasn't any difference between Buhari's regime and ISIL in Iraq.

Are you saying saying Buhari will start flogging Nigerians when he becomes a democratically elected president of Nigeria? (I think some of you deserve some floggings).
More people have died in GEJ's administration than other countries with natural disasters.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by atlwireles: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
Buhari forced himself on us in 1983, we tried him already. He was just a demon. angry

5 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Pataki:
The same Afam that is confused and says one thing today only to slap himself with another reverse comment the next second.

For one, stop lying to yourself. You NEVER voted for Buhari in 2011. Most of us still remember your antecedents on this forum during the 2011 elections.

Take a look at his Original post and you will read hypocrisy and someone trying to play to the gallery while playing the script of the thieving pdp. I was turned off when he said that Jonathan hasn't been the worst but "on par" with h past leaders. That is so typical of covert Jonathanians. Also, he endorsing the comment of that bigoted and ignorant poster validated mmy position. They hide under the cloak of bring Fashola and...bla bla bla, but their real message is "bring a weak candidate". From endorsing Atiku to playing to "Fashola" these Jonathanians have always been afraid of Muhammadu Buhari. They are hypocrites

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
That is called War Against Indiscipline and it is a very welcome development for Nigerians. In Lagos today, you queue to board BRT buses and even in some parks, whether the buses are available or not. It is safer, patriotic and civil. Whoever take advantage of consumers should be punished and not rewarded whether rich or poor. Civil servants or officials ought be punctual. Even in our schools, late coming students are punished. You have shown that you love lawlessness.
Ngwakwe:

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Adminisher: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:

But Fashola is one of the pushers of Buhari. People need to know that in politics, one plus one is often greater than two.
Fashola does not have a national fellowship yet, neither does Amaechi, Kwakwanso, Rochas or any of the young Turks for that matter as proven on the convention day. Some people need to curb the irrational fear of Buhari.
There is nothing to fear about this man, he is a UK trained military officer who has been state governor, minister of petroleum and head of State. He has gravitas and depth and would bring respect to the country from the international community.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I don't know ur age either..but may I remind you that during NYSC orientation, soldiers were also given leverage to instil discipline in camp..by telling graduates to squat dwn or do frog jump..was it particular to only d military regime? Still, what's bad if one should line up to enter cab or for market women to be supervised in oda to make sure de r selling with d market price? Hw many persons have been short-changed by dis women? Or hw many persons have lost valuable possessions/pick pocketed as a result of rushing to get cab? Is either you r an indisciplined fellow (sorry 2say) for u 2bring dis as an excuse! I still don't know ur age, but may I remind u dat all dat happened in d military era, wea it's usually a 1-man show! Dis is democracy Ngwakwe for God'sake! There are institutions that r going to ratify his every decision! D National Assembly can't b sidelined dis tim around! Get it once and for all, dis man is retired and has pulled his khaki...ur fears and assumptions are baseless!

4 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Bros Na lie go kill you. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Bruteforce101: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Lies everywhere. You lie pass devil.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
barcanista:
Take a look at his Original post and you will read hypocrisy and someone trying to play to the gallery while playing the script of the thieving pdp. I was turned off when he said that Jonathan hasn't been the worst but "on par" with h past leaders. That is so typical of covert Jonathanians. Also, he endorsing the comment of that bigoted and ignorant poster validated mmy position. They hide under the cloak of bring Fashola and...bla bla bla, but their real message is "bring a weak candidate". From endorsing Atiku to playing to "Fashola" these Jonathanians have always been afraid of Muhammadu Buhari. They are hypocrites
No mind dem bro! 2015 election is now battle drawn..and in a conventional battle, does it make sense when ur enemy is suggesting tactics for u 2 use against him?? They want APC's downfall, but come on d disguise of giving advice..btw, bros abeg..help m with dat link wey Lawal kaita make dat 'ungovernable' statemnt..I b de argue wit person..and need proof! U no se na 1 on 1 campaign for GMB we suppose de do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by tit(f): 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
who filled the refineries with all these incompetent babanriga wearing fools
who cannot tell a nut from a screw?

and you think the same person can lead nigeria right?

5 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by brownlord2: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
Afam4eva:

I also agree with you and that is why i said that APC is no different from PDP. They know a Fashola is a better candidate but chose chose to sacrifice that on the alter of winning an election. the truth is that they're banking on Buhari's popularity. Fashola on the other hand can't win them a local government yet alone Nigeria. That's the unfortunate truth.

I don't agree with you on reasons apc refuse to give fash a chance, they simply just want to return power to the north, its visible to all, though I don't have a problem with that as a president can come from anywhere, why must it be a buhari.

Yes, I agree no politician in this present day Nigeria have the kind of followers and command respect like buhari, but then we need to consider a lot of things, remember sheik gumi, who advise both jonathan and buhari to forget presidency, the man was right?

Jonathan can't solve the BH problem. This is a known fact, only a northerner most likely buhari can do this.

again, should buhari win, expect Niger Delta militants back in the creek, expect the SE to start singing biafra. I think this should be american calculations for saying Nigeria won't exist beyond 2015.

Why I can't support buhari, he may have all the integrity and followers, but he is not the best man for the job, he is old, and with the last interview and address in apc convention, you can see the man is clueless just like Jonathan.

If buhari is a true patriot and have the interest of the country, then I see no reason he can't support a younger candidate after attempting three good times, there are lots of alternatives buhari can sacrifice his ambition for.

If buhari anoint a candidate, support the candidate, campaign with him in all 36 state of the federation, I see no reason the same buhari followers can't vote such a candidate.

Buhari presidency is a big NO for me

4 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
The great green snake is back!!! Afam4eva I hail o. This dude was one of the reasons I joined this forum some years back, his post usually take that subtle and often pretentious tribal attacks although I must admit that Afam did stop been a tribalist, so, kudos to him for that but I can see that he is still as serpentious as he once was.

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by brownlord2: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Demdem:

U don't present someone who hasn't shown interest.
Did Fashola pick up the form and was denied the opportunity to run? Rochas showed interest and tried his luck.

Not everyone is stupid as rochas my man. Fash is a wise man knowing the party already agree on zoning the ticket to the north, y'all can deny this, but its the truth. It was not open to all. I have a feeling rochas purchasing the ticket was a game plan by the party itself to make it seems the ticket was open to all.

Not all Nigerians are silly

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by brownlord2: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
reezee:

And you saTANS would would have loved that and he would have lost woefully just like ribadu did in 2011.

see your stup1dity? so everyone who do not want buhari automatically becomes saTANs right? What makes you think fashola will loose and buhari is going to win? Are you saying if fash gets the ticket and buhari support him, join him to campaign in all northern state, he can't get the same vote as buhari?

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by egift(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
Q: Can We Give Buhari A Try?

A: YES.

And unlike the blind support for Jonathan, I will like Ndigbo to articulate policies and programmes we want and table it to Buhari and the APC. And after considerations and deliberations, Ndigbo can sign a Policy agenda they expect from Buhari's Administration. So that once Buhari becomes President, those well-spelt out programmes can be included in government programmes for a greater Nigeria.

I also think every region of the federation should do this. You can take Buhari's word to anywhere (he will boldly tell you what he can do and the ones he will not do during deliberations).

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Boss13: 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
Adminisher:
You are wrong about Jonathan. He is the weakest Nigerian leader. The only difference.in his govt is that the best ministers possible in the third world. The capable ministers have partialky compensated for a very very bad president.

Spot on
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by tit(f): 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
egift:
Q: Can We Give Buhari A Try?

A: YES.

And unlike the blind support for Jonathan, I will like Ndigbo to articulate policies and programmes we want and table it to Buhari and the APC. And after considerations and deliberations, Ndigbo can sign a Policy agenda they expect from Buhari's Administration. So that once Buhari becomes President, those well-spelt out programmes can be included in government programmes for a greater Nigeria.

I also think every region of the federation should do this. You can take Buhari's word to anywhere (he will boldly tell you what he can do and the ones he will not do during deliberations).

trust the words of the same buhari that said he will not run for presidency again after 2011?
i can tell you are from ogbomosho.
your village people are after you
and it is only in ogbomosho they can make such potent juju.

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Boss13: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
brownlord2:

I don't agree with you on reasons apc refuse to give fash a chance, they simply just want to return power to the north, its visible to all, though I don't have a problem with that as a president can come from anywhere, why must it be a buhari.

Yes, I agree no politician in this present day Nigeria have the kind of followers and command respect like buhari, but then we need to consider a lot of things, remember sheik gumi, who advise both jonathan and buhari to forget presidency, the man was right?

Jonathan can't solve the BH problem. This is a known fact, only a northerner most likely buhari can do this.

again, should buhari win, expect Niger Delta militants back in the creek, expect the SE to start singing biafra. I think this should be american calculations for saying Nigeria won't exist beyond 2015.

Why I can't support buhari, he may have all the integrity and followers, but he is not the best man for the job, he is old, and with the last interview and address in apc convention, you can see the man is clueless just like Jonathan.

If buhari is a true patriot and have the interest of the country, then I see no reason he can't support a younger candidate after attempting three good times, there are lots of alternatives buhari can sacrifice his ambition for.

If buhari anoint a candidate, support the candidate, campaign with him in all 36 state of the federation, I see no reason the same buhari followers can't vote such a candidate.

Buhari presidency is a big NO for me

I like your comment. It has concerns. No leader can know it all. Trust me Buhari doesn't know how he would stir the economy but notwithstanding we need a leader who is firm, who will not tolerate the nonsense we are currently seeing. A leader that would send a message to the rest of the world that Africas most populous country means business.

Jonathan is not a bad man but his presidency serves the purpose of a collective few and that is not what we want anymore.

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
No mind dem bro! 2015 election is now battle drawn..and in a conventional battle, does it make sense when ur enemy is suggesting tactics for u 2 use against him?? They want APC's downfall, but come on d disguise of giving advice..btw, bros abeg..help m with dat link wey Lawal kaita make dat 'ungovernable' statemnt..I b de argue wit person..and need proof! U no se na 1 on 1 campaign for GMB we suppose de do
To God be the glory my brother.
That attrocious statement was even captured in his profile on wikipedia [url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawal_Kaita[/url]
[url]newsrescue.com/pdp-affair-revealed-man-promised-make-nigeria-ungovernable-jonathan-wins/#axzz3Lnjd8I2G[/url]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News - Buhari's WASC Certificate Is Out. / Pics: Nigerian Army Have Inducted The BTR-94 (APC) / Photos Of People Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Nimbo, Uzo-uwani LGA Of Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.