Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Can We Give Buhari A Try? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Give Buhari A Try? (5711 Views)

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty / US Did Not Give Buhari Any Oil Thieves' List - Punch / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by egift(m): 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
tit:
trust the words of the same buhari that said he will not run for presidency again after 2011?
i can tell you are from ogbomosho.
your village people are after you
and it is only in ogbomosho they can make such potent juju.

On the web

On Print Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzukrOXar58#t=292
Video Evidence

3 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by theV0ice: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I don't know your age but may I remind you that School Principals and public servants were meant to leap frog and be flogged for coming late to school or work instead of the disciplinary measures contained in civil service code of conduct.

If you are waiting for a cab, you are meant to queue on line and any attempt to change your mind and leave for another alternative will be punished with koboko or severe corporal punishments.

Come to the market and see wahala where Buhari's boys in uniform are parading to know how much a petty trader sold a commodity to determine if it was a fair price or not.

Bros, I need to write my own book "On my Watch" to tell the stories as it happened in Aba for the younger generation to have a glimpse of how we were governed then and to know that there wasn't any difference between Buhari's regime and ISIL in Iraq.

your write up is an exaggeration and you know it. moreover, need anyone remind you this is a democracy? Also, you lie greatly comparing his regime to ISIL. for your info, he crushed a maitatsine rebellion in kano.

Also David Mark as minister of communications said telephones are not for the poor but since he's with your man, l'm sure your sense of history will never go that far.

you have a right to hate Buhari but you don't have to lie in a bid to demonize him

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by OAM4J: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
OP, this is not a rocket science, the choice we have to make make is as clear as daylight for those who are sincere at heart and not sentimental, let me use the words of my governor:

…if we are unhappy with what we have, the logical thing to do is to attempt to change it with our votes and to change the next one too if we do not find what we want until we find what we all want. That is when the people would truly have attained power” – Babatunde Fashola

No one with the right conscience can claim this administration is anywhere near fair, I mean Nigerians deserve better. What is the legacy of this administration? To bluntly put it, Jonathan administration will only be remembered for the level of corruption it bred. We know many collected billions for petrol they never supply, who was jailed? Nobody. Pension scam; who was jailed? Nobody. Employment scam, nobody. Till date we are yet to see the result of audited account of NNPC to find the missing $20 Billion. Lets not even start to talk about insecurity, and let no one tell me that some people or a region made the country ungovernable for Jonathan, it only proves he is weak and clueless if despite the enormous power he commands he can not deal with them.

So the most sensible thing to do is to try another hand and another party on the job, if the new hand fails or unable to meet our expectation then we vote him out again and try another hand till we get it. That is the way it is done in advanced democracy all over the world.

But there is no bigger madness than to keep trying the same thing and expect a different result.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Ngwakwe: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
I gave a personal account of Buhari's regime as implemented in Aba Metropolitan city and someone says I exaggerated.

Exaggerated? How and Why?

It is only a person comfortable with living under Sharia Law that won't see anything wrong with such abuse of human right using applied Sharia Judicial system.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Ngwakwe: 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Buhari has zero experience in democratic governance and hence not compatible with democracy.

Do Nigerians need regime change with aggrieved and out of favour PDP politicians? Definitely No.

Buhari should forget about whatever he left in presidential palace and do something meaningful with his life having refused to serve in a lesser capacity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by theV0ice: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:
I gave a personal account of Buhari's regime as implemented in Aba Metropolitan city and someone says I exaggerated.

Exaggerated? How and Why?

It is only a person comfortable with living under Sharia Law that won't see anything wrong with such abuse of human right using applied Sharia Judicial system.

you're an adult and know what obtains in a democracy and the processes involved in passing a bill into law or amending the constitution. can you tell us how on earth you think Buhari will be able to make sharia law applicable to someone living in aba?
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by anonimi: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
barcanista:
That is called War Against Indiscipline and it is a very welcome development for Nigerians. In Lagos today, you queue to board BRT buses and even in some parks, whether the buses are available or not. It is safer, patriotic and civil. Whoever take advantage of consumers should be punished and not rewarded whether rich or poor. Civil servants or officials ought be punctual. Even in our schools, late coming students are punished. You have shown that you love lawlessness.

You see why knowledgeable people call General Muhammadu Buhari clueless?

How can you FLOG your fellow citizens, adults for that matter, to discipline them instead of EDUCATING & ENCOURAGING/MOTIVATING the people by providing needed services/infrastructure/utilities
Further evidence that the old soldier has no solution to provide for the myriad of problems confronting our nation beyond his programmed response of corruption shocked
That much was apparent in his lack lustre Channels TV interview despite all the packaging & coaching angry
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
barcanista:
To God be the glory my brother.
That attrocious statement was even captured in his profile on wikipedia [url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawal_Kaita[/url]
[url]newsrescue.com/pdp-affair-revealed-man-promised-make-nigeria-ungovernable-jonathan-wins/#axzz3Lnjd8I2G[/url]
gringringrin...they would be exposed 1 after the other! thanks for d assistance
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Afam4eva:
I have made my feelings about APC known for some time now and those feeling have not changed. I still think APC is no different from PDP as they would want us believe. Both parties are two sides of the same coin. So, no one should tell me otherwise and think that i will subscribe to the fact that APC is a progressive party, i'm not a kid.

I also don't think Jonathan is the biggest failure Nigeria has ever had. He may just be at the same level as others leaders that have ruled our country in the past. He's just unlucky to be confronted with soo many problems at the same time. It's not like he has the knowhow to confront them anyways, He's definitely not a presidential material same as Obasanjo and other democratically elected presidents that we've had since the end of the civil war. So, i won't lie about how Jonathan is the best thing to happen to Nigeria cos he's not neither is he the worst. He's just there, so no one should exaggerate his performance either positively or negatively. We definitely can't go far by having people like Jonathan in power.

Having said all this, i want us to try something different and see if things will change. It's a risk that we have to take. I voted for Buhari in 2011 not because i know his antecedents but because i bought into the whole anti-corruption crusade which i was not opportuned to during his tenure as a military head of state. I just bought into it anyways because i think corruption is the single biggest problem in Nigeria and anyone that has an idea or will on how to truncate it is welcome. This time around i'm not buying into an idea that i don't understand. Meaning, i won't be supporting Buhari because some people think he will solve every of Nigeria's problems but simply because i want us to take that risk and try something different. I'm ready to take that risk, are you?

I too would have loved to give someone else a try

but what I can not do is choose to go backward by 30years

the rest of the world will not wait for us as we engage in this experiment!
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
anonimi:

You see why knowledgeable people call General Muhammadu Buhari clueless?

How can you FLOG your fellow citizens, adults for that matter, to discipline them instead of EDUCATING & ENCOURAGING/MOTIVATING the people by providing needed services/infrastructure/utilities
Further evidence that the old soldier has no solution to provide for the myriad of problems confronting our nation beyond his programmed response of corruption shocked
That much was apparent in his lack lustre Channels TV interview despite all the packaging & coaching angry
was it buhari that flogged them with his own bare hands? Let's put things in the right perspective, there is a difference btw military regime/training and d civilian...in d military, u r tot to obey instructions and order..failure 2do so, ud attract instant punishment! They believe trying to entertain discussion or debate afterwards ud b sin as 'weakness'...besides, u must ve heard of 'when u gt to rome, u bhave like d romans'..it's dia configuration! Give m a case where a citizen had bhaved orderly in dat regime and was punished or reprimanded?
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by ViktorMartins(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Dereformer:
Capital no. We cannot try an unrepentant coupist and a religious bigot.

Nigeria is not an Islamist state and will never be .
Until we all remove religious sentiments from our decision making in this country, we won't go far! All the military head of states except Obj are Muslims, since soldiers don't answer to anybody, they should have islamize the country back then, why wait until now??

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Ngwakwe: 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
theV0ice:

you're an adult and know what obtains in a democracy and the processes involved in passing a bill into law or amending the constitution. can you tell us how on earth you think Buhari will be able to make sharia law applicable to someone living in aba?

But the peoples General has no experience on how democracy works.

If he had served in a lesser capacity like say, a Minister, head of federal agency or State Governor under a democratic governance then we would be in better position to appraise him.

Don't forget he gave Abacha a ridiculous condition (that he be given absolute independence without oversight) before he accepted to head PTDF.

Things have changed and we need tested leaders having outgrown "on the job trainee" President.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by anonimi: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
was it buhari that flogged them with his own bare hands?

Please tell me you are joking as I don't think you are so clueless as to make the above statement, seriously shocked
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by anonimi: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
Adminisher:
You are wrong about Jonathan. He is the weakest Nigerian leader. The only difference.in his govt is that the best ministers possible in the third world. The capable ministers have partialky compensated for a very very bad president.

I see you prefer a one man show messiah who knows-all & does-all for his 'senseless & useless' fellow citizens, rather than INDEPENDENT democratic institutions that act as Checks & Balances to each other!

Why do you think most Nigerians are STRUGGLING to go to the US, Japan etc and NOT North Korea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
Buhari has no business in politics. And APC has no agenda for southeast, same with PDP.
They're all the same, camouflaged regional parties with secret plan for selected regions, claiming to be National. So tell me why I should sweat for them in the name of campaign or vote.
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by theV0ice: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

But the peoples General has no experience on how democracy works.

If he had served in a lesser capacity like say, a Minister, head of federal agency or State Governor under a democratic governance then we would be in better position to appraise him.

Don't forget he gave Abacha a ridiculous condition (that he be given absolute independence without oversight) before he accepted to head PTDF.

Things have changed and we need tested leaders having outgrown "on the job trainee" President.

we all weren't born holding a book on the rule of law. we all learn. GEJ has never worn khaki before (except on ceremonial occasions) yet he has kept Arunma Oteh operating SEC despite zero appropriation from the NASS among other illegalities like 7>19, 16>19, 5>26 etc. Buhari has no choice but to bend to democratic norms

Despite him giving Abacha that condition, OBJ the witch-hunter couldn't find any thing to nail him with. methinks his insistence on total independence helped him stay untainted.

Jonathan has been training as a leader since 1999 (deputy gov) yet he still confesses he can't tame corrupt officials, catch boko sympathizers in his govt nor go after BH totally. my bro, the man has shown he can't do it. why punish him further with another 4 years?
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by aresa: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Buhari flogged your fathers with koboko and wants to repeat that after 30 years to the children - Na ISIL in view be this my people.

According to history, the same north slaughtered tens of thousands of ibo people, but today, they are still the largest immigrants in the same North. So, are you trying to repeat what happened to your forefathers decades ago?

Buhari commanded the arrest and indefinite detention of pro democracy groups who dare talk about Nigeria's political future as far as he (Buhari) was still on the throne

GEJ violently suppressed subsidy fuel demonstrations and slaughtered 12 subsidy fuel protesters

GEJ is yet to account for our hundreds of missing school children

GEJ is yet to account for the dead unemployed youths he even scammed for bogus employement

Your vote is your power, together we will put to a stop Buhari's attempt to benefit from the institution he destroyed

Actually, GEJ destroyed our institutions from top to bottom.

The police is grossly, lawless, grossly incompetent, grossly corrupt and politically compromised. They don't even respect the other arms of government. the Nigerian police today is a lawless organization.

The SSS is a worthless political organization with zero capacity to defend and protect Nigerians. Their main responsibility and obligation is ti fight the opposition and engage in political battles instead of Boko Haram.

Weeks after raiding the APC's DATA office, they still can not tell Nigerians what crime was committed and what criminal evidence they obtained to justify their lawless and illegal actions.

The Nigerian military under jonathan is a toothless, poorly equipped and badly demoralized organization.

Under Jonathan, we've lost potions of Nigeria to terrorists.

We gave him a full country, but we are getting back a fractured and incomplete Nigerian territory.

You are entitled to your tribal and bigoted opinion, but definitely not to your own facts and Nigerian history..

4 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by theV0ice: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
anonimi:

I see you prefer a one man show messiah who knows-all & does-all for his 'senseless & useless' fellow citizens, rather than INDEPENDENT democratic institutions that act as Checks & Balances to each other!

Why do you think most Nigerians are STRUGGLING to go to the US, Japan etc and NOT North Korea

i think same reason nigerians brag with a visit to UAE despite it being governed by sharia law. Nigerians were plenty in egypt under dictator Mubarak

north korea is poverty infested my friend.....thats why you and i will not go there even if we are bribed to.

Buhari was a dictator but so was David Mark (he said infamously that "telephones are not for the poor" ) in his ministerial assignments, so was Bode George as gov, so was Ahmadu Alli (a campaign chief for GEJ now) yet you see nothing wrong with them
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by papalnuncio: 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

NO
NO
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
gringringrin...they would be exposed 1 after the other! thanks for d assistance
See a more comprehensive analysis here

https://www.nairaland.com/2043162/threat-make-nigeria-ungovernable
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Even at gun point, my vote will never go to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by theV0ice: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
Acidosis:

we know and accept it as your right. enjoy your vote
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Acidosis(m): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
theV0ice:

we know and accept it as your right. enjoy your vote
smiley
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
barcanista:
See a more comprehensive analysis here

https://www.nairaland.com/2043162/threat-make-nigeria-ungovernable
U remain d boss! cool
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by ThecriTerioN: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
9jii:

OLD,COMPETENT AND STRONG IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN YOUNG,CLUELESS AND WEAK.

THERE ARE MANY GREAT THINGS DID BY OLD MEN.

U r very correct
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by omniwater007: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
Flets:
The antecedents of buhari are too dangerous to thread.

How can a presidential material be so violent. What is with dogs and baboon soaking in blood. What could be the justification. What is with muslims should vote only muslims... is he planning over a Muslim country?

Whatz with putting shagari in ikoyi mansion and ekwueme in prison?

Whatz with trucating a democratic government and showing no regrets 30 yrs after

How can Buhari probe a corrupt Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi etc when he shares same bed with them. There is nothing incorruptible about Buhari.

Refer to 2011 after the slaughter of corpers following Buhari's loss..... He responded by saying that the boys were only reacting to the rigging by PDP despite the loss of over 500 lives.

What is his plan? How does he intend to function in democracy with the lower and upper house and the court. Buhari is autocratic and lacks every attribute to influence which is the most important democratic characteristic. This is just pure anarchy waiting to happen.

Whatz with the commitment to the spread of sharia throught out the country? I know he cannot do that but that intent is as dangerous as the act. We cannot afford to hand over this country to an extremist

In this day and age where global marketing is part of secondary school curriculum, Buhari plans to stabilize crude oil price (is he OPEC president? )

What of the $2.8billion missing under his reign over NNPC that was traced to his West Midlands bank account

To your question, I say God Forbid.
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Acidosis:

Same here

I will rather be thrown into acid drum than vote Buhari!
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:
You don't gamble with the existence of a nation. We need leaders that can prove to be better irrespective of party, religion or ethnicity. Buhari had several opportunities to prove himself, but he chose a path of sectionalism and favoritism over the common good of the nation.

FASHOLA is in APC, he should have been presented because he would have been the most worthy aspirant. The fact that he is Yoruba and a Muslim does not matter. Buhari should have thrown his weight behind him instead of presenting himself.
Nice 1 there
Fashola is better than both Jonathan and buahri combined he's not a politician but a technocrat
And almost all politicians are there for there pocket
APC knew he's a good candidate
But there selfishness to dethrone GEJ led them to permutations
Buahri without a well organized party accumulated 12 millions in 2011
Nobody in apc can control the number of crowd buahri will
If buahri control North and with our base in SW
We will win
Itz like having a hoe and still use ur hand to pack feaces
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
chemali:
Our reasoning for queuing up behind Buhari is different however every sensible unbiased Nigerian at a MINIMUM should reason as the op. Can we try something different?

It's crazy when you see perennially unemployed and unemployable Nigerians queueing behind a pdp government. People whose identity card read poverty and have never experienced a good life shouting PDP. Slaves who love their chains will remain in bondage.
How many States is APC controlled
Tell me d standard of living in each states
Abi na Only GEJ u elect
Everything na GEJ
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Orunto: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
This is a democracy. You don't beg to rule. You don't harass to rule and you don't intimidate to rule. It is corruption to unfairly take votes without actually earning them in a fair and free election. How can anybody in his right senses cajole anyone else to favour a particular candidate that is well known to be a disguised wolf in a sheep's skin? We have said it many times GMB is a wolf, unrepentant bully and a dictator anyday anytime. He is a Predatory politician hiding his claws and waiting for victims. Make one mistake to give him a day at the Presidency, not even the Legislature would try him. Our Tinubu who brought the soldier here is now afraid to select a VP for him. We don talk tire. If you won eat GMB go eat am. As for me and my people we dont want. His meat will be too tough to smoke gari!
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by nigerianvenom(m): 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
See this foool who couldnt moderate just a section in nairaland calling jonathan "not a presidential material".
U are really a mice in rats clothing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament / A Revision Of Sir Ahmadu Bello's Speech And Nigeria's Paranoia / Insecurity: Northern Elders Lament Incessant Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.