Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Eternal Security; How True? Your Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternal Security; How True? Your Opinion (500 Views)

Is This True: Your Tithe Is Not Your Seed -Pst TT Edun Of CEC / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Is Eternal Security Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Security; How True? Your Opinion by Samneer: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, I need your opinion on this.

There I was on my bed inside my small dungeon hostel whilst the ears piercing mega phone of a neighbourhood church (one of the mega church around) when I heard the district pastor feeding the church with what I call deception and heresy. I have listened to several messages on forgiveness, repentance and total turning away from sins; but never for once have I in my theological and escathological knowledge of the scriptures seen undoubtful truth about eternal security. Brethren, is it true that, "once saved always saved" or can we lose our salvation through disobedience or unbelief?

My take: Eternal security is a false gospel and counterfeit grace message, which is built upon partial truths and Scripture removed from its context. Many are in hell now because of the once saved always saved doctrine.

what's your own opinion? Should a true Christian believe in such doctrines, or sway it aside as heresy?
Re: Eternal Security; How True? Your Opinion by johnw74: 2:50am On Dec 14, 2014
Samneer:
Hello Nairalanders, I need your opinion on this.

There I was on my bed inside my small dungeon hostel whilst the ears piercing mega phone of a neighbourhood church (one of the mega church around) when I heard the district pastor feeding the church with what I call deception and heresy. I have listened to several messages on forgiveness, repentance and total turning away from sins; but never for once have I in my theological and escathological knowledge of the scriptures seen undoubtful truth about eternal security. Brethren, is it true that, "once saved always saved" or can we lose our salvation through disobedience or unbelief?

My take: Eternal security is a false gospel and counterfeit grace message, which is built upon partial truths and Scripture removed from its context. Many are in hell now because of the once saved always saved doctrine.

what's your own opinion? Should a true Christian believe in such doctrines, or sway it aside as heresy?

That's a good question and a difficult one to answer for me.
A believer should have Christ working in him.
If someone say's he is a believer but is producing bad fruits, is he truly saved?
It's to much for my worn out brain to know, I would like to see a discussion on it using scripture to back up what is said.
Re: Eternal Security; How True? Your Opinion by Anomnity: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2014
This is the doctrine that gave birth to these new generation churches wilfully living filthy lives because since they were once saved and Christ has atoned for them,no amount of sin can remove that forever.I agree with the nairalander that mentioned awhile ago that Its the same doctrine that has given birth to gay churches and proudly gay pastors and clergy.Its a doctrine that has the ability to create another Sodom and Gomorrah in modern day.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Will Never Tell You Who To Vote For But.. / What Is Love As Defined By The Bible? / \

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.